JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44595.jpg
[quote="Adeybull"] so the panel took the same view as your excellent assessment.[/quote]:44595.jpg

did anyone attend? if so, what were the main things that got brought up?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach25No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2010Jul 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I was there. My main concern was who gets priority for season pass renewals - non season pass holders who are club members or non club members who are existing pass holders. It turns out that you could have had your pass for 20 years but if you don't sign up to be a member you could lose that seat / place in the east stand to someone who has been following the club for a week! Not sure I'm happy about that situation. However, if you do sign up, you will save money in the long run what with season pass prices being frozen at 2009 prices. Also the direct debit method of payment will be available (3 monthly installments over Nov, Dec and Jan) for passes. The night then descended into farce with topics such as the price of beer in the Harry Poole bar. I left at this point. Overall I feel the speed at which this had been introduced is the main problem and has left people feeling sceptical at best.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach444No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2011Apr 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Robins11 "I was there. My main concern was who gets priority for season pass renewals - non season pass holders who are club members or non club members who are existing pass holders. It turns out that you could have had your pass for 20 years but if you don't sign up to be a member you could lose that seat / place in the east stand to someone who has been following the club for a week! Not sure I'm happy about that situation. However, if you do sign up, you will save money in the long run what with season pass prices being frozen at 2009 prices. Also the direct debit method of payment will be available (3 monthly installments over Nov, Dec and Jan) for passes. The night then descended into farce with topics such as the price of beer in the Harry Poole bar. I left at this point. Overall I feel the speed at which this had been introduced is the main problem and has left people feeling sceptical at best.'"

I agree I am totally sceptical about this and have not joined, but I can show you a season pass for every year since 1994 - will I be disregarded as a supporter because I haven't forked out £60? I will not be joining until there is a worthwhile reason to do so.

If the club charge me £42 more to renew my season pass than someone who has been a member of this club for a week then the answer is a simple one. I will not buy a season pass. Is that really what the club want?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3592No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18016.jpg
www.artwanted.com/traceydixon [img:145n7m8w]http://i101.piczo.com/view/3/z/y/a/f/0/z/d/x/z/3/5/img/i291262489_17198_4.jpg[/img:145n7m8w] [url:145n7m8w]http://www.flickr.com/mortonstalker[/url:145n7m8w]:18016.jpg

Quote: hullkr14 "I agree I am totally sceptical about this and have not joined, but I can show you a season pass for every year since 1994 - will I be disregarded as a supporter because I haven't forked out £60? I will not be joining until there is a worthwhile reason to do so.

If the club charge me £42 more to renew my season pass than someone who has been a member of this club for a week then the answer is a simple one. I will not buy a season pass. Is that really what the club want?'"

Yes, I'm afraid so, past loyalty counts for nothing it would seem. It's all about who's got the money now.

This is what I've been saying all along and has always been my main concern. There's no point in me joining because I can't afford to buy our passes before the end of September, so wouldn't qualify for the discount anyway. So we'll pay full price for our passes, we won't be buying shirts, only maybe perhaps for the kids or if the current financial climate improves so no loss there either. I've registered my kids and they've got their swaps for the KC, but would I want them in the North Stand on their own as we won't get tickets? I know for a fact we're not alone in this, many people feel the same. What will happen if the East Stand sells out and we can't get passes for there I don't really know, not sure what we'll do. Unfortunately it's a chance we'll have to take. I don't think that will happen, because I think the majority of who wanted to join will have joined by now, and I think Rovers will be lucky to get to the 2500 mark. I think Rovers have made a big mistake by dropping this one on the fans at such short notice.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach25No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2010Jul 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Unfortunately this is the way the club are going with this. If you don't join up in the next 9 days then your pass is definately at risk. Pretty disappointed to be honest!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach444No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2011Apr 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

This is a real shame. I always wondered if reaching the heights of super league would take the club away from certain supporters and this appears to be the first sign that it will. The club have been brilliant in the last few years but they need to be very careful that they don't start abusing the loyalty of the fans. I can see this membership attracting a load of fickle school kids at the expense of supporters who have been going for years.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12633
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

I agree the scheme has a rushed feel to it and more could have been to reward the loyalty of supporters who where there in the hard times (eg. concessionary rates for those who've been season ticket holders for 5 or more years).

On the other hand, past loyalty doesn't pay the bills today. The 'new' support is crucial to HKR prospering in SL. The club has do what is right for the 8000+ who are there now, not just the 1500 who were there in 2004.

Now, of course, the club doesn't want to alienate its core support, but I think that core support has to recognise and appreciate the progress that has been made. If pass sales fall away badly, then the membership scheme will have backfired - I just hope fans don't cut off their noses to spite their faces.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5139No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2014May 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27608.jpg
Motto of the week - It is the way of the weak to secretly bleat to those in authority rather than fight their own battles.:27608.jpg

Quote: Mild Rover "I agree the scheme has a rushed feel to it and more could have been to reward the loyalty of supporters who where there in the hard times (eg. concessionary rates for those who've been season ticket holders for 5 or more years).

On the other hand, past loyalty doesn't pay the bills today. The 'new' support is crucial to HKR prospering in SL. The club has do what is right for the 8000+ who are there now, not just the 1500 who were there in 2004.

Now, of course, the club doesn't want to alienate its core support, but I think that core support has to recognise and appreciate the progress that has been made. If pass sales fall away badly, then the membership scheme will have backfired - I just hope fans don't cut off their noses to spite their faces.'"

But it seems using next years season pass money will.

Its an ill thought out scheme that sends out all the wrong signals imo.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach25No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2010Jul 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Wise words, Mild Rover. I agree completely. I will be joining as I want to secure my seat for next year and beyond. I understand that the club is looking at new and dynamic ways of generating income and this can only be good for the club in the long run. To be honest, I thought James Elston and Mike Smith came across quite well last night and didn't duck any questions. If only this scheme could have been introduced last January! I really don't think there would be this level of scepticism. This is the clubs mistake, in my opinion. If there wasn't enough time to implement the membership scheme then maybe it should have been shelved until January 2010?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach444No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2011Apr 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mild Rover "I agree the scheme has a rushed feel to it and more could have been to reward the loyalty of supporters who where there in the hard times (eg. concessionary rates for those who've been season ticket holders for 5 or more years).

Now, of course, the club doesn't want to alienate its core support, but I think that core support has to recognise and appreciate the progress that has been made. If pass sales fall away badly, then the membership scheme will have backfired - I just hope fans don't cut off their noses to spite their faces.'"

You are missing the point. If we need more money to continue as we are then why not just put the season pass prices up? This is a scheme that has been devised on the basis of if you pay £60 now you become a more valued supporter than those who do not, effectively holding people to ransom who cannot afford to join and creating a two tier fan base. If the club were to come out and say "we need more money to continue competing at this level and are therefore raising pass prices next year" it would give people time to save for the extra outlay and would at least show some honesty from the club.

To bring this in at such short notice and give loyal fans a deadline to cough up the cash is quite frankly a disgrace. All this membership club means is short term cash at the expense of some of the clubs most loyal supporters.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12633
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Quote: Gordon Gekko "
Its an ill thought out scheme that sends out all the wrong signals imo.'"

It could have been done better, I agree entirely. Or even not done at all - I wonder if the reaction to a straight forward price hike might have been a bit less hostile.

OTOH, I actually buy into the 'your team, your dream' schtick to be honest. Fair enough, I get to do that cheaply as a roving member.
I've haven't completely lost my Hull cynicism (or so people tell me), either - for some things I like to set it aside, in favour of a bit of naive enthusiasm.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1249No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: hullkr14 "You are missing the point. If we need more money to continue as we are then why not just put the season pass prices up? This is a scheme that has been devised on the basis of if you pay £60 now you become a more valued supporter than those who do not, effectively holding people to ransom who cannot afford to join and creating a two tier fan base. If the club were to come out and say "we need more money to continue competing at this level and are therefore raising pass prices next year" it would give people time to save for the extra outlay and would at least show some honesty from the club.

To bring this in at such short notice and give loyal fans a deadline to cough up the cash is quite frankly a disgrace. All this membership club means is short term cash at the expense of some of the clubs most loyal supporters.'"

You've already done that by talking about "core support" and "I can show you season passes from 1994". You're the one dividing the fans into pre and post promotion eras. The club don't see attendence figures as 2000 die hards + 6000 bandwagoners.

The fact is, Rovers don't owe the die hard supporters anything. Yes, they obviously appreciate the support of the past 20 years, but I supported Rovers because I wanted to, not because I expected something in return or a pat on the back.

SCF
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2333No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: j_hunter_hkr "You've already done that by talking about "core support" and "I can show you season passes from 1994". You're the one dividing the fans into pre and post promotion eras. The club don't see attendence figures as 2000 die hards + 6000 bandwagoners.

The fact is, Rovers don't owe the die hard supporters anything. Yes, they obviously appreciate the support of the past 20 years, but I supported Rovers because I wanted to, not because I expected something in return or a pat on the back.'"

Well said..

I despise the term bandwagon jumper. If your a fan and want a ticket you get one. Simple as that. You dont ring up Humberside, comment on here or talk in the pub complaining about how you cant get tickets etc anymore.

We would be nowhere without the "new" fans and we will go nowehere if we stop getting "new" fans. I want as many people as possible watching and supporting Hull KR anybody who doesnt is deluded.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1853No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: hullkr14 "I agree I am totally sceptical about this and have not joined, but I can show you a season pass for every year since 1994 - will I be disregarded as a supporter because I haven't forked out £60? I will not be joining until there is a worthwhile reason to do so.

If the club charge me £42 more to renew my season pass than someone who has been a member of this club for a week then the answer is a simple one. I will not buy a season pass. Is that really what the club want?'"

In the present economic climate there is no way that many loyal fans will be able to afford the £60 extra, i think it is poor timing by the club with regards to this scheme,given the present climate and will upset many of those loyal fans if they find they cannot get into their prefered seat or stand because of it. i hope tht NH and the club can give some assurances to those who cannot join simply because of their financial position, are not been disgarded or penalised in any way.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach444No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2011Apr 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: j_hunter_hkr "You've already done that by talking about "core support" and "I can show you season passes from 1994". You're the one dividing the fans into pre and post promotion eras. The club don't see attendence figures as 2000 die hards + 6000 bandwagoners.

The fact is, Rovers don't owe the die hard supporters anything. Yes, they obviously appreciate the support of the past 20 years, but I supported Rovers because I wanted to, not because I expected something in return or a pat on the back.'"

With respect (because you normally talk a lot of sense on here) I am not saying that I expect anything in return, in fact I am saying the opposite. Yes I have been supporting rovers for a long time but I do not feel they owe me anything for that. What I am saying is why do we need to introduce a scheme that divides it's supporters? And if we really must have a scheme why has it been brought in so quickly, therefore not giving those who can't afford to join now the chance to join later and still get the same benefits?

For me there is one simple solution. Put the prices of the passes up and be honest about the reasons why, and make all season pass holders members of club rovers. Do it in january so that people have the chance to save up.

150 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover
150 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.34716796875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Wakefield Trinity Heritage Podcast - Season 3
JamieRobinso
5m
This weeks disciplinary
MorePlaymake
7m