Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32435.jpg
:32435.jpg

I would be very disappointed if Caro was released the kid is a try machine and scored a brilliant try against St. Helens . Wingers are not there to tackle but must have size and genuine pace which he has both in abundance, a genuine speedster.

He is still raw but was having a good season then was dropped by sandercock after scoring 8 tries for Hodgson against Salford, the latter made some bad mistakes and could of won us the game in the end but we are not knocking him.

Think Caro has had a raw deal myself.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach581No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32435.jpg

Quote: hull smallears "I think in order to form a more rounded opinion, you would have to ask how many tries he scored that only he alone would have scored. Or would your replacement also have scored them?'"

What are you talking about the discussion is that he would never make a RL player , top joint try scorer tells it differently and shows what blinkered opinions people have .

Martin Offiah did not tackle so on that score would you have had him in your team , of course you would and employ second rowers who can provide cover for him

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result:

Omari Caro is no Martin offiah he has scored tries but most of them were walk ins I can't remember when his much talked about speed has been used for someone so fast he's an incredibly slow starter and you forget about his mistakes that have cost us tries also he has all the attributes to be a good player it just doesn't seem up happen for him

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach437No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Mar 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Not good enough he has had his chances unfortunately he won't make it as a Superleague player maybe championship we let a better prospect go to keep him in Brown

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1329No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20187.jpg
I couldn't hear the robin sing if not for you.:20187.jpg

Well done to Omari for his improvement this season he has tried hard and given it his best shot.

He isn't a Rugby League player because he played football and athletics until his late teens and only took up Rugby League very late on. I believe that this lack of RL grounding in his formative years prevents him from having the instincts of a Rugby League player brought up on the game.

It is said of some players that they are deceptively quick. I would say Omari is deceptively slow. He can run but often his reading of the situation is so slow that by the time he gets moving it's too late. Again this is because he does not have the instincts of a player brought up on the game. That bit of thinking time he always needs is a huge disadvantage against players who act instantly and decisively on instinct. People accuse him of lack of bottle but that's not right. It just seems that way due to the hesitation required for thinking time.

Then there are the clangers which he can't quite eliminate from his game.

As for the poster who compared him with Martin Offiah that's like comparing Sam Latus with Clive Sullivan. It's like comparing Chas I'Anson with Roger Millward.

Craig Sandercock took a punt on Caro and 2 years later Sandercock decided it hasn't worked out. Chester could reverse this if he wanted but the silence is deafening. Right from the beginning people said we'd got the wrong London winger it was Dixon who was the one. We'll find out next season and whilst Dixon has plenty of flaws himself he has that bit of swagger, confidence and belief to go with the talent and pace. And sheer quality. Dixon is an amazing talent and Caro is a little short of that.

I come back to this subject simply to give Omari Caro respect for the hard work he has put in and the improvement he has made. If only he had started learning his trade 10years earlier who knows how good he might have been. As it is if another Super League club should think that fans like me and professional people like Sandercock & Chester have got it all wrong then they will be offering him a deal. It's not going to happen. Deep down we all know it and we all know why.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach581No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32435.jpg

His Bobness, for exactly those reasons you gave he should be given every opportunity to further develop his game he is the joint top try scorer with 11 tries scored so if he is on a low contract in my opinion there is no point in letting him go , he can provide valuable cover.

I never compared him to Martin Offiah as he was a one off very special player but he could not tackle that was known and compensated for.

A coach is there to develop the players to the best of his ability and ensure that the players he has can follow the systems he puts in place.

If you haven't the players to do that you either change the system or the players.

If he goes I think another team will pick him up and develop him . Powell has done wonders with players who are willing to work hard and play for him

31 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover
31 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, R.B.A , Anakin Skywalker , Mild Rover

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0634765625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shopping list for 2025
Irregs#16
4m
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
18m