Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Just won the Cup and Grand Final icon_cool.gif

Had a relatively easy cup run icon_wink.gif Played Leeds, Cas, Huddersfield and then Bradford in the final, which we won by 6pts or something, not all that easy. Then set our targets on me not getting sacked, entering the playoffs my confidence was 49% because I'd not got the Alliance into the playoffs.

Anyway, first game, we play League Leaders, Wigan. We get off to a good start and are leading 20-14 with 10 mins to go. We lost 21-20 with the last kick of the game, although weirdly I used the drop goal function and Lomax just booted it up towards Charnley which set them up for the win.

Second game we played Huddersfield who we beat 20-8, was a good win which got the wheels in motion. Few good plays from Wello (who seems to have gained some exceptional speed for some reason icon_lol.gif ), meant that we were home and dry by half time.

Third game was Wire away. Think we won by about 20pts, Foster was clinical with the boot, Gardner even managed to score twice, poor Chris Riley couldn't match him in the air.

Last game was the Grand Final, used the monumental speech before the game. Wow, it worked fine, we were up 18-0 at HT. Managed to keep onto the lead for a good 20 mins before Wigan scored again. With 75mins on the clock, Richards makes a break and goes length of the field, but stays out wide. Finch misses the goal and we're 18-16 up. This time I made sure that we didn't have the drop goal option set up.

Final whistle goes and we're Champions. Shame it won't happen in real life icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1133
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
40461_1413155242.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_40461.jpeg

Not having the same success as you Saint Ryan, currently on a 4 game losing streak or something! After 8 rounds I was top of the league and now it's fallen to bits after a few injuries to the forwards. Also need to look for a new scrum half for the next season as Burrow is out of contract and I can't renew it for some reason

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach458No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Someone has signed Burrow then icon_sad.gif

Thing is, my first season form was dire. It was only once I started progressing in the cup that we actually started to play well, so don't lose heart, you will come good, I finished 4th in the league with 36pts.

Lost Gardner in my first year, was quite gutted as I chopped and changed him with Makinson and then realised he was OOC, kept him in the team over Makinson. But in the new season Makinson has since found some form and I currently have an International winger in the Academy working his way up. Will be replacing Foster as I forgot to renew his contract. Puletua is going too, stupidity at its finest, I really need to learn to check the contracts icon_biggrin.gif

Also, beat Brisbane in the WCC, forgot what score, but pulled off a miracle come back, was Saints-esque if I do say so myself.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman5480No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2021Oct 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
187.jpg
[img:2penstlp]http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/5994/saints7sk.gif[/img:2penstlp] "...the biggest boor, the most opinionated pompous bigot that frequents these boards and he is NOT to be taken at all seriously. ":187.jpg

Hemel are currently SL Champions, CC holders and WCC champs to boot. I won the RLC, then CH1, then CCh, and then SL in successive seasons. Two things I've noted :

1) The results are slightly more random this year - if you lose a game you wouldn't expect to, then reload the autosave and try again.
2) There is much more difference between playing the game and results only. By playing some crucial games in slow speed, and timing the coaching calls along the bottom, plus the occasional extra sprint/sidestep option, I beat some teams I had no right to beat. If I'd played them on results only, I'd have lost heavily every time.

It's still down to coaching. Get the right coaching staff, and the results will follow. I've now set in train the international player pathway which will create the England World Cup winning team of the future.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach458No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Completed the second season, won the League and Grand Final, although lost in the 2nd round of the cup against Hull KR.

Playoffs were pretty simple this time, having finished top we played Huddersfield, who we beat by 20pts. The second game was against Wigan, We beat them 18-10, was a very close game, up until Roby scored in about the 60th minute, which sealed the win. We then played in the Grand Final against Hull KR, Roby got injured the day before the game, but it didn't matter, Scott Moore played his role fantastically and we got sweet revenge for the Cup loss earlier in the season, winning 16-6.

The good thing about this season is we've had 3 Internationals pass through the Alliance, the first the winger who had been there from the first season, then I just went out and signed English Alliance players who had nearly finished their development. Works a charm too, signed an International prop to replace TP who I didn't renew his contract by accident, off to Wire he goes. Then coming up to the third Alliance player, was a centre who is one game away from becoming International standard. Have a Loose in the Alliance, although he's a few months off becoming an Academy player.

RankPostsTeam
International Star400No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
55914_1338730919.jpg
[color=#FF0000:r1w65gkc][size=100:r1w65gkc][b:r1w65gkc]Missing Knowsley Road[/b:r1w65gkc][/size:r1w65gkc][/color:r1w65gkc]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_55914.jpg

I started off my season by selling Chris Flannery to Barrow icon_lol.gif Going well on the field, 100% after 5 games, but I'm currently losing 2% confidence every single day due to overdrawn warnings, which is annoying. Really don't understand the alliance thing, could somebody help me with that?
Also it said I had job offers from dream teams and representative teams but couldn't find how to accept them.
Signed Preston Campbell too, pretty old but anything is better than Wello icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach458No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Haha, sold two of your best players there. Wellens actually has a lot of pace on the game and is rated better than Campbell icon_biggrin.gif Whereas, Flannery is just your average player at Loose Forward, cheap, does the job and scores lots of tries.

Alliance is basically the under 19s. The bigger the development bar is the better than the player will become. So, if it states next to their development bar that their rating will be National, International, then you might as well play them every week.

Can accept your dream teams and rep teams by going to manager, then click profile and click the job you wish to accept, then go to the bottom left and click accept. No need to reject jobs, as they dissappear once you have accepted your job.

RankPostsTeam
International Star400No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
55914_1338730919.jpg
[color=#FF0000:r1w65gkc][size=100:r1w65gkc][b:r1w65gkc]Missing Knowsley Road[/b:r1w65gkc][/size:r1w65gkc][/color:r1w65gkc]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_55914.jpg

Quote: Saint Ryan "Haha, sold two of your best players there. Wellens actually has a lot of pace on the game and is rated better than Campbell
Thanks, will have to check that out later! And I still have Wello, just don't play him atm. No point breaking up a winning team :p Sold Flannery as I just don't need him, play Wilkin at LF with Soliola/TP/Moore/Dixon as SRers

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1419No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41801_1347868969.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_41801.png

Damn, he's removed the ability to break the World Class limit by churning through a load of academy players: now how am I going to get a squad of 20+ of them per team? icon_lol.gif Probably a smart change but I do wonder what the advantage of the Alliance method of WC/E players is over just buying them? Beyond I suppose my new Welsh Elite FB for Crusaders destroying the Aussies in the World Cup final before he was 20 icon_cool.gif

Steady improvement again, but the Ad-Lib options are a minefield I'll have to get used to icon_smile.gif

Love these games though!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach458No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Have to admit I've not used the Ad-Lib options yet, I just look at them and think WTF.

If you're not scared enough, you can release your world class players and they will still be able to play for Wales icon_wink.gif

Not tried going for an Elite player yet, I am just happy trying to get some international backs for England. Got a World Class LF coming through though, so not all that bad.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1419No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41801_1347868969.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_41801.png

Quote: Saint Ryan "Have to admit I've not used the Ad-Lib options yet, I just look at them and think WTF.

If you're not scared enough, you can release your world class players and they will still be able to play for Wales
I just tend to use Ad-Lib moves when I'm near the opposition try line, seems to be a sure fire way to get through within a set, otherwise the safer structured method seems to be the way to go for me.

In 2010 my usual style would be to fill my team with WC, sell them off and restart to make sure whichever nation (NZ, Eng, Wales, France... never the Aussies they have it too good already icon_smile.gif ) would be full of Int/WC players. Suppose with the limits it will just take a lot longer than the mysterious bunch of 20 year olds who can take down any team icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12346
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11987_1319451684.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11987.jpg

I'll have to give this game a go.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3832No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50836_1298143372.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50836.jpg

I have just downloaded the game and I cant work out how to accept transfer bids or place players on the transfer list. Can anybody help?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach458No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Er, you've probably worked it out, but here you go.

Go to contracts, senior players then click a player and in the bottom left you can loan them, transfer them or give them a new contract. Also, bids are automatically accepted.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach458No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2015Mar 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

So the World Champions have been decided and the 2014 World Champions are... Named below icon_lol.gif

Decided I would actually play this International series because I just wanted to see whether my young players experiences went up. Anyway, skipped through the group stages beating the Cook Islands, Tonga and PNG (Maybe PNG, I forget).

Anyway decided to play the Finals, we beat some team in the quarter finals quite easily. Then the Semi finals, we're playing France whilst you know, Australia are playing NZ, but ... hang on, they're not. Tonga have beaten Australia in the Quarter finals icon_surprised.gif

Anyway, we comfortably beat France 22-10 and we play New Zealand in the final, or so you'd think. The team we battered 42-8 in the group stages have pulled off another shock and beaten NZ!

We start the game and we're 6-0 down within 5 mins icon_eek.gif Tonga put a kick down the line and the Tomkins and my young winger. We pull back with my new World Class LF scoring a great try, pretty Paul Sculthorpe-esque just barging over and dragging a few over the line with him.

Half time comes and we're level, or so I'd hoped. STomkins gives away a penalty for a high shot and we're 8-6 down.

Squeaky bum time...

Second half commences and Brough squeezes through a few players to put us 12-8 up, before a try from my young winger puts us 18-8 up. Last kick of the game and we win 19-8.

Bloody hell, been a year of surprises though. Won the GF against Crusaders of all teams. Finished 2nd with Wire top, although sneakily they have got 9 overseas players, most of whom are Internationals... I demand a points deduction icon_lol.gif First playoff game and we see past Huddersfield quite easily, whilst Wigan beat Wire. Second round of the playoffs and Wire host Leeds... who beat Wire, shock horror considering they no longer have Sinfield, McGuire or Peacock, or any forms of their re-generated players. 3rd week of the playoffs and we see off Leeds, but not without a good fight. Whilst... Wigan lose 15-12 to Crusaders.

We managed to see off Crusaders in the GF but they gave it a good go. Although earlier in the season we put right a wrong by beating the Roosters in the WCC, hopefully we don't have to play them a 3rd time next season, we also won the cup after Wire and Wigan were knocked out quite early on.

Something tells me that Wire are going to win something, bar the LLS this year. Although it does surprise me that there's no limit on the overseas players for other clubs, quite disheartening too because they just re-generate. Such as Puletua who retired with his last year for us, but then re-generated for Wire because they signed him up on a contract as he was out of contract for me.

541 posts in 37 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
541 posts in 37 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.88330078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
Recent
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
FORUM