JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SteveRoebuck "I almost came to Castle Park today as I thought we stood a chance of a win I am glad I saved my money if that was the best we could do against our fellow strugglers.

People on the book of many faces already calling for GT's head which is uncalled for I don't think Houdini could have saved us this year the team are beaten before they get out on the pitch and something is very rotten at the club from the team upwards.

It did occur to me today that what if relegation to CL1 was the "Club Doncaster" plan after all, relegation means the club is no longer a viable concern and therefore wound up or best case scenario relegated to the athletics track, this would leave the Keepmoat the sole province of the Rovers which is something they have always wanted. They have played the long con with us, kill off support recruit on a tight budget to ensure failure..make some token signings when its already to late.

Compound that with the fact that PC left us in a "cannot play anymore" state and has score 2 for Fev today and apparently been the difference between the two sides....makes you think that he knew the writing was on the wall and jumped.

I think its now pretty safe to say we are relegated so with that in mind we need to look forward (if we do survive) and have a complete root and branch audit of all the staff at the club, this may mean that some players who are fans favorites move on but clearly there hearts are not in the Donny shirt this year.

Something drastic has to have happened at the club for us to go from a top 4 side to one that is on course to loose every game of the season and have a loosing run of over 365 days.

I think the club should refund the ticket price to every single Dons fan who turned out today to watch that shambles.'"

At last someone else has cottoned on to the Club Doncaster intentions. In the days of Sunday Bloody Sunday we were awful and could do nothing about it because of a lack of funds. This season we have also been awful and Club Doncaster could have stopped the rot back in March if the commitment had been there. The supporters have been conned all season by the management.Even the appointment of Thornton with Green as a sweetener was a charade to cut down on any money the other so called quality candidates would have wanted to spend.Totally disgraceful treatment of loyal supporters and sadly I can see the days of another supporters consortium to keep the club going not too far around the corner.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach562No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
47386.jpg
:47386.jpg

I'm afraid that giving Thornton your coaching job was a huge mistake. The guy is a charlatan. The most league matches he's ever won in one season at this level is 7. We wasted over six years of the club's history with him in charge - thanks to a chairman who refused to sack him out of blind loyalty.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1304No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64156_1430988287.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64156.gif

I'm a big fan of giving people a chance, the predicament we are in is not the fault of GT, he inherited a team so low on confidence it was always going to be a tough job. This seasons gone, build for next season IF club Doncaster back him, then half way through next season , I'll judge him.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18610No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. Thank God I'm an atheist.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22214.jpg

I thought the score at half time was 0-36 when it was 0-38.
Mind you I had been sitting in the concourse for 15 minutes having a pint before the first half ended and for 15 minutes after the second half
started and missed a fair amount of the embarrassment.

Oddly enough, I didn't walk out as intended but went back in and watched the Dons have a mini-fight back.
Then I had something to eat and watched the first half of the Eagles game as well as a bit of the Saints game on the TV.
It was just nice to watch some proper rugby for a change on what turned out to be a lovely afternoon.

A root and branch clear-out is required and we need a fresh line of approach with another coach.

Had to smile to myself when I read about Tom Carr being not far away from playing after two operations.
No disrespect to Tom, I am sure he is a decent player and it will be good for him to play again, but he will be nowhere near his best after such a lengthy lay-off.

His situation is a metaphor for our entire season.

I am not going to attend the remaining games in my season ticket. I have had enough of the Rover's Dons.
The Dons don't exist anymore in my eyes.

Happy hunting for those less fickle than myself and goodbye to rugby and this forum.

I will also cancel my DD, which was for Paul Cooke, not the Rover's. icon_wave.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star94
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

I'm sorry that you all feel sorry for yourselves yes we didn't play as well as we should but the turning factor in my eye was the bad decisions from the ref haven should have been down to 12 permanently after that spear tackle from palmer and the 2 knock on that gave 2 trys would have had a knock on effect on the team when your against it from all corners I think we all have the same mind set as the team

RankPostsTeam
International Star3493
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif
:disney/00035.gif

Quote: Moonlight "Sorry DM, and I know we want the best for the Towns RL fans, but Carl Hall has to take some of this. I take no pleasure in this at all but the Clubs fans deserve better and this heartfelt posting comes out of being associated with one of the Clubs most ardent fans. Like Huby he has been there since the Greyhound track days and the bloke who is 86 this year deserves better than this awful mess. Not sure how many years (fingers crossed) he has left but he and all the other die hards do not deserve this bloody awful mess. The bloke got me into RL and although I couldn't believe some of the stuff served up in the late seventies and early eighties this is taking the biscuit. ( None of this is aimed at you DM)'"

I appreciate that none of this is aimed at me Moonlight. Thanks for mentioning it though. icon_wink.gif

Everyone at the club is collectively responsible for the mess we're in, including Carl. But we need to remember that Carl was the man who probably saved the club from going out of existence. That doesn't mean we should turn a blind eye to all that has gone wrong recently but I think it is unfair to question Carl's integrity in all this, as seems to be the case with the accusations being made against Club Doncaster. That primarily was the point I was aiming to make.

If Carl is caught up in the perverse battle to drive the Dons down, as suggested elsewhere, then I feel even more for the guy.

As for people (elsewhere) claiming that Gary Thornton should be sacked ... well, please send for the men in white coats to deal with them. None of this has got anything at all to do with Gary Thornton.

I'm really sorry to see S/O calling it a day. I fully understand everyone's frustrations and annoyance at what we're having to endure this season. I hope you'll be back soon, mate.

PS. The best part about Sunday was actually the joke you posted about Donny! icon_biggrin.gif Will miss your humour and posts.

RankPostsTeam
International Star113No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Final whistle "have not posted for a long time.I can't believe this result.There is no Desire.The team is changed every week.GT needs to get a settled team and stop tinkering.defence is weak in the middle but yet wingers get dropped.whats going on????'"

Not sure what games you've been at but the featherstone game most of the tries went through mistakes by Hodson or fox. Same applies to last week. Winger being dropped rightly so I would have played Dave at fullback and brought sam onto the wing toms been on imo.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator99608No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif
:Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif

Quote: Tatty Feeld " The supporters have been conned all season by the management.Even the appointment of Thornton with Green as a sweetener was a charade to cut down on any money the other so called quality candidates would have wanted to spend.Totally disgraceful treatment of loyal supporters '"

I don't know this to be fact but the RL-press seem to think that Graham Steadman was 'in for the job'.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2390
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I heard that as well but apparently the Club would only give him a contract till the end of the season I believe that Derryck Fox also applied who is coaching in Australia

RankPostsTeam
International Star32
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72491_1427727458.gif
[url=http://s5.photobucket.com/user/DRAGONFAN/media/dons.gif.html:2eb66dc3][img:2eb66dc3]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/DRAGONFAN/dons.gif[/img:2eb66dc3][/url:2eb66dc3]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72491.gif

Quote: GeoffRoebuck "So Paul what reasons would you give for the position the club finds itself in at the present?'"

It's not Paul who should be answering that Question--It's the people who run the club.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator99608No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif
:Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif

Quote: bentleyman "I heard that as well but apparently the Club would only give him a contract till the end of the season I believe that Derryck Fox also applied who is coaching in Australia'"

I so wish I hadn't read that ...

RankPostsTeam
International Star1443
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

as per usual, not picking the best man for the job but the one who wants less money,
Club doncaster stinks, we were doing all right until Carl sold to them.
Its all about NOT spending money, no players bonuses for winning, that tells its own story.
No MOTM prize money, so no ones going to bust a gut, everyone would be if bonuses and a MOTM prize was on offer.
They have ruined the club in less than a season.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2216
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6027.gif
:6027.gif

Those are some interesting statements Onedon, are they from a reliable source? if they are true then then its pretty damming for the side.

Maybe something our SLO could clear up with the owners at the meeting they are having next week.

RankPostsTeam
International Star34No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: onedon "as per usual, not picking the best man for the job but the one who wants less money,
Club doncaster stinks, we were doing all right until Carl sold to them.
Its all about NOT spending money, no players bonuses for winning, that tells its own story.
No MOTM prize money, so no ones going to bust a gut, everyone would be if bonuses and a MOTM prize was on offer.
They have ruined the club in less than a season.'"

Disagree slightly there OD that players won't bust a gut without prize money being available tho I agree a decent club will add those little sweeteners. Sad fact is some of the squad just aren't good enough at this level and it goes right back to recruitment. Some will improve and some are at their limit. What's sad is our better players will probably leave at the end of the season......then what??? icon_sad.gif icon_biggrin.gifEPRESSED:

RankPostsTeam
International Star1443
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Not probably they will, why stay?

89 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
89 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.12353515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
Captain Hook
Recent
Salford H
DSJ1983
Recent