JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32781.jpg
"Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by w*nkers" - Laurie Daley:32781.jpg

Quote: bigjohn "that is a typical amateur game comment had the lad turned up last sat he probably would have got a game. Its not the junior league were players take it in turns to play at my previous amateur club turning up regardless came as standard.Staying away on match days isnt the answer to getting into the team the lad needs to be visible and his chance will come'"

Sorry, should have mentioned chance to work, oversight on my part. My mates would rather play for reserves but turning down work to sit and watch is a no-brainer.
Playing cricket is important to them as well, so when the team is selected after training they have the choice.
As for turning up regardless of selection in team or not, hats off to 'bigjohn' for doing that. Will you be going to Whitehaven to sit in the stand, like I have in the past, if the player you travel with isn't in the 17? If so, I salute your dedication (and I'm not taking the p155)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach119No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2011Nov 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Gargoyle "Sorry, should have mentioned chance to work, oversight on my part. My mates would rather play for reserves but turning down work to sit and watch is a no-brainer.
Playing cricket is important to them as well, so when the team is selected after training they have the choice.
As for turning up regardless of selection in team or not, hats off to 'bigjohn' for doing that. Will you be going to Whitehaven to sit in the stand, like I have in the past, if the player you travel with isn't in the 17? If so, I salute your dedication (and I'm not taking the p155)'"

Work commitments are an exception i have been fortunate to be associated with several players in the past some who now are playing for superleague clubs some of these players at 17 and 18 yrs also had other interests but there comes a time for a young lad to have to make choices in their lives about whats important to them as they often cannot give 100% commitment to both and yes thanks for the compliment Gargoyle i will be at the Whitehaven game regardless hope your mate gets his chance soon

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3455No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2011Feb 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35022.jpg
:35022.jpg

Quote: yorkrl "Big John who ever you are you speak common sense there are a few people having a go at the team and set up. As stated at the start of this thread at York your players showed a lot of balls and where the better team on the night. Dont rise to the antics of Bandito and Gargoyle probably never played or understand the requirements of Rugby League'"

icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif
I coach Fev reserves mate, no antics here, just feel sorry for the players who are complaining about the way they are treated at Donny.

Who the hell asks every player to turn up on game day without telling them if they are playing or not?

Do they not have game prep the nigth before? Do they not hand tip sheets out to the 18 players selected? Do they not give the lads chance to prepare for a game the night before by knowing they are playing and therefore eat well and plenty of rest?

How long before the players who turn up every Saturday only to find out they aint playing think 'sod this, I am off on the beer the ngiht before now cos I never get picked nayway' icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach119No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2011Nov 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Bandito "icon_lol.gif
Prior to the Fev game the starting 13 were named at training on the thursday night the subs not named due to giving more time to players recovering from knocks and then due to unforseen circumstances 6 of the 13 were unable to play unforseen circumstances can occur at any time so players should be prepared for a call up at short notice and not take the initial team selection as written in stone.

Surely you as the Fev coach must have had to change your team on occasions at short notice

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach21No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

nobody can for see future and lads getting injured in warm ups and such but i know a lad who was 18th man and coaches still picked sum1 else instead of him! i think its a case of his face doesnt fit!!

i also dont think anyone is having a go at lads coaching staff yes!
i played for dons/dragons acadamy alliance and reserve and on occasions we had to ring people to come and play there is nothing wrong with it, it beats playing wi 15 or 16 because that doesnt look good!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach285No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32781.jpg
"Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby union is a complex game played by w*nkers" - Laurie Daley:32781.jpg

Quote: insideman "nobody can for see future and lads getting injured in warm ups and such but i know a lad who was 18th man and coaches still picked sum1 else instead of him! i think its a case of his face doesnt fit!!

i also dont think anyone is having a go at lads coaching staff yes!
i played for dons/dragons acadamy alliance and reserve and on occasions we had to ring people to come and play there is nothing wrong with it, it beats playing wi 15 or 16 because that doesnt look good!'"

The player who turned up as 18th man for the York (H) fixture and was then overlooked in favour of someone else is a friend of mine. What really p155ed him off even more was the player who had to drop out at short notice played in the same position as him, yet the player drafted in over his head did not! Now that is p155 poor management/coaching if I've ever seen it. The bloke has already played at this level at a different club and accepts that you're not always going to get a start, so has total understanding of what it takes to play at this level (Quote from 'bigjohn'), but when decisions like that are made you must start to wonder what is going on?

And Bandito is correct in every point. The 18 should be selected prior to match day, leaving the rest of the squad to decide what to do with their saturdays, be it support the team, work, play an alternative sport or go on a massive bender on friday night if they want to.

As for the 'Amateur' game comment about not bothering after 4 games, the reason for this is clear for all to see. If the team were performing well and results were improving theres always the thought that you 'Don't change a winning team'.
But look at the results!
As already stated, my friend (the one already mentioned, I've more than one in the reserves) knows exactly what it entails to play at reserve level, and would quite willingly adhere to that. What he won't put up with is being messed about when it looks as though his face doesn't fit.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I think the lads are going to need it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach285No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32781.jpg

Quote: Gargoyle "Many of the points on here are indicative of why the team are getting thumped. My aquaintance, who played Academy/reserves a couple of seasons ago (at another club) has said despite signing a contract he doesn't think he'll bother any more. He says he's only missed a couple of training sessions due to work commitments yet not even been on the bench despite the poor results and the coaches saying everyone will get a chance. He was one of just NINE who turned up for training prior to the blank weekend a couple of weeks ago and still didn't get a shirt the following week, as the coaches seem to have their own favourites who are in come what may. As previously stated, when they do train its been poorly organised.[size And results and performances (York away excepted) suggest quite frankly some are not up to the required standard.
So as interest drops off from the lads who turn up for training but don't play, and the exodus from the first team continues you have to ask if the reserves will fulfil their fixtures?
[/size
As for the on field 'disagreements' there are one or two players turning out whose egos far outweigh the talent they have. I spotted this in the pre season friendly against Nottingham Outlaws when a couple of players were moaning at some of the others rather than what usually happens when an error is made ie a pat on back and encouragement to both player involved and rest of team.
I wasn't at the game on saturday, but a mate of mine said it was a complete shambles, embarrassing was the expression he used.

As for the bricks on the pitch, someone is going to get a serious injury. My son played on it earlier in the season, and said it was downright dangerous. When he heard the reserves were to play on it he said opposition clubs would end up reporting it to the RFL, it's that bad. Either Toll Bar have to get out and scour it for rubble or another venue should be used until its sorted properly. Wheatley Hills would be ideal, and I'm sure they would welcome them with open arms (and no, I have no connection with them whatsoever).

As for players having to make their own way to away games, that is the height of amateurism. How many do you think will drive to Whitehaven with the possibility of getting 100 put past them for pay (if they ever get any) that wont even cover the cost of the fuel used?

All in all it looks like a complete shambles from where I'm standing.'"

Just been told some of the reserves who have been getting mullered are in the first team squad for tomorrow.
Get your house on Halifax getting 80 (and I say that with absolutely no pleasure).
As previously stated-we've had it!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18610No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. Thank God I'm an atheist.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22214.jpg

A mere setback.....in the history of the Dons.....and nothing new.
I will be there.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach119No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2011Nov 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Good luck to the boys who have been called up to the first team for

tonights game and to the rest of the lads for their match on Friday

Lets get behind both teams and show our support

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach285No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32781.jpg

Quote: bigjohn "Good luck to the boys who have been called up to the first team for

tonights game and to the rest of the lads for their match on Friday

Lets get behind both teams and show our support'"

I'm with you on that bigjohn but it's a sorry state of affairs I'm afraid.
I was there at Tattersfield in 1995 when 'Fax beat us 0-72 and we were lucky to get nil. An even bigger defeat could be on cards for them although I hope they prove me wrong.

(PS it was £6 to get in to the reserves at Hunslet 2 years ago when my mate played. Take plenty of cash!)

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member259No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2013Apr 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3055.gif
//www.lostloiners.co.uk:3055.gif

£3 now icon_cool.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach119No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2011Nov 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Gargoyle "I'm with you on that bigjohn but it's a sorry state of affairs I'm afraid.
I was there at Tattersfield in 1995 when 'Fax beat us 0-72 and we were lucky to get nil. An even bigger defeat could be on cards for them although I hope they prove me wrong.

(PS it was £6 to get in to the reserves at Hunslet 2 years ago when my mate played. Take plenty of cash!)'"

You never know the underdogs have come out on top before as long as they do their best thats all you can ask for under the circumstances.

what a game for those reserve players to make their debut in against Fax and in front of the sky cameras

Thanks for tip at Hunslet hope it is £3 now dont mind paying but £6 is a bit steep

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach398No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2010May 2010LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds noirs/Garfield.gif
:fonds noirs/Garfield.gif

Quote: bigjohn "After reading all the comments on this thread i feel i need to set the record straight on a number of comments made, firstly Tony Miller with the exception of one of the five games played has been to every match to watch the boys.
Secondly to all those slating the reserves these are the facts, the team are a brand NEW team who have only been together for a matter of weeks with not having the luxury of having pre season training together UNLIKE most of the other teams they are up against who are already established teams. The average age of this reserves side is 18 years old making them eligable to play under 18,s rugby let alone under 21,s.
At the Fev game the team consisted of four BOYS who are currently 17 yrs old who put thier hand up to play because of injuries etc. these boys took the field knowing they were up against MEN who are Physically stronger and more experienced and were brave enough to take a pounding as they are proud to wear the Donny shirt with most of them not even coming from the Donny area. So instead of slating the team get down to support them as although they are young at present they are talented players of the future. I ask the question would leeds academy stand any chance of beating their reserve side ?'"
I didn't think the supporters were slating the lads - more the amateurish way in which they felt the team was being run.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach285No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2015Mar 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32781.jpg

Lost 90-0 last night

RankPostsTeam
Moderator99987No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif
:Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif

Quote: Gargoyle "Lost 90-0 last night'"

Oh dear.

68-0 and 90-0 - Doesn't read too well at all.

66 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
66 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.15478515625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Playoff Semi Final
MattyB
8m
Shareholders Meeting
Khlav Kalash
8m