JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. Thank God I'm an atheist.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22214.jpg

Quote: ernie1 "Sorry but I cannot be responsible for one supporter making a ridiculous comment. During any period a player is down injured I will patiently wait until he is fit and ready to play again because I have been in that position myself.
Making all Batley supporters out to be bad guys for the sake of a comment from an individual you must agree is going over the top'"

I'm not tarring you with the same brush......it was one individual.
Let's get it straight shall we Batley are doing well of late and I don't wish to get into an argument about something that is obvious.
You can appreciate the frustration at watching Handforth do for Batley what he should have been doing for us?
And you can appreciate the pain at watching your side in such a sorry state and watching opposition try after try and not being able to see any end to it?
You helped your points difference yesterday and took the three points......based on the Donny side you watched can you see other sides not being able to do the same?
The original point was don't get carried away by what you saw yesterday....that's all.
Your right winger was running against a bloke with second row forward pace.....a total mismatch......and as a Donny fan that's not nice to watch.
I don't want to get into an argument with Batley fans.....it looks like you have turned the corner.
Yes we have had poor management and yes Batley can show us a thing or two about keeping a modestly supported club financially afloat....none of these things are contentious......but just imagine you were a Donny fan....who through no fault of your own is left watching this sort of thing week in week out.
Anyway well done....and cheerio.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach218No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2012Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45110.jpg
Not thyself but the cause:45110.jpg

It won t be the first time in our history that we ve been on the end of a tonking and it won t be our last, but each time we have come back stronger and tonked someone ourselves (but we might have to wait a while this time).

The aim is to stay positive and build for the future sensibly to ensure this will be the last time we end up on our knees halfway through a season.

Despite the poorish turn out (I feared a smaller crowd), those that I were near still wanted a club and on the way home I spoke to a nice chap from Fev who wished us all the best.
icon_biggrin.gif
COYD

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach498No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30568.gif
:30568.gif

Quote: Stand-Offish "I'm not tarring you with the same brush......it was one individual.
Let's get it straight shall we Batley are doing well of late and I don't wish to get into an argument about something that is obvious.
You can appreciate the frustration at watching Handforth do for Batley what he should have been doing for us?
And you can appreciate the pain at watching your side in such a sorry state and watching opposition try after try and not being able to see any end to it?
You helped your points difference yesterday and took the three points......based on the Donny side you watched can you see other sides not being able to do the same?
The original point was don't get carried away by what you saw yesterday....that's all.
Your right winger was running against a bloke with second row forward pace.....a total mismatch......and as a Donny fan that's not nice to watch.
I don't want to get into an argument with Batley fans.....it looks like you have turned the corner.
Yes we have had poor management and yes Batley can show us a thing or two about keeping a modestly supported club financially afloat....none of these things are contentious......but just imagine you were a Donny fan....who through no fault of your own is left watching this sort of thing week in week out.
Anyway well done....and cheerio.'"

What a prat.
For a lot of people, its difficult to sympathise with your club.
Last season I've no doubt you were one of those unrealistic people who were crowing with glee at the appointment of Hanley and the expensive signings of McKenna, Lawrie etc...
You and most of your supporters must have known that it was not the right direction to be heading in following your disastrous over-spending in 2007. Did you question what was going on, when SL and NRL players plus one of potentially most expensive coaches in the game were being signed up by your board?
I bet you were lapping up your success last season, when it was patently obvious to all those outsiders that you were heading towards oblivion (yet again).
Don't say you weren't warned, and if you look back at the various internet forums, I think you'll find that most of you were responding to our doubts by citing 'jealousy' and 'envy'.
Anyway, I've no doubt that as always with your club, some rich (supposedly rich?) benefactor will come and bail you out of the effluent again, so why worry?? You'll be splashing the cash like the Sultan of Brunei within 12 months I reckon.
It actually makes a complete mockery of the smaller clubs who stay afloat year after year through financial prudence and good management.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18610No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. Thank God I'm an atheist.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22214.jpg

Quote: distantdog "Right, well thankyou for waiting patiently for our man to be stretchered, neck braced, given oxygen and then carried off. How very sporting of you, duly noted. I really expected the Doncaster supporter to run onto the field and drag him off due to simple impatience.
The guy on his knees, sorry i did not notice him amongst all the other guys on their knees, I sincerely hope he is ok. Did he need oxygen? Hope he's well this morning. As for the supporter shouting get up! He will be duly rounded up and shot at dawn. Hope thats ok.
Not sure how your reply came from my original post. I thought that the Batley supporters were very fair, understanding of your current plight and supportive. All of the comments made to your players behind the posts as they were waiting for conversions were exactly that.
]Rather than have a go at those Batley supporters who came and paid money to support your club, how about those Doncaster supporters who could not get off their backsides to support their team at a time when they clearly need it.]
And once again, good luck for the future'"

You came and paid money to support your club......to be be fair..... didn't you?
You'd have gone anyway.
Now't to do with supporting Donny.
You're picking the bits you want to pick......the point is don't read to much into this result with regard to your progress....anyone would have put 70 by us.
You're at home to Barrow next......let's see how you get on.....beat them and you're a force to be reckoned with.
Meanwhile Sheffield will be doing pretty much what you did to us yesterday.
Yet we beat them at their place before we imploded.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach498No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30568.gif

Quote: Stand-Offish "You came and paid money to support your club......to be be fair..... didn't you?
You'd have gone anyway.
You're picking the bits you want to pick......the point is don't read to much into this result with regard to your progress....anyone would have put 70 by us.
You're at home to Barrow next......let's see how you get on.....beat them and you're a force to be reckoned with.
Yet we beat them at their place before we imploded.'"

Whats John Wright up to these days? Maybe he could auction off his impressive collection of Coi Carp and donate you the proceeds?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1651No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5573.jpg
Come On You Dons !!!!:5573.jpg

Quote: Bulldogarmy "Whats John Wright up to these days? Maybe he could auction off his impressive collection of Coi Carp and donate you the proceeds?'"

And you've got the nerve to call Stand Offish a prat!! icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach498No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30568.gif

Quote: Karlos "And you've got the nerve to call Stand Offish a prat!!
It was just a thought icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator17973
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2911.jpg
:2911.jpg

Anyone got the teams from yesterday? With all the old shirts on different players it was hard to tell

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member5487No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2013Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4014.gif
[img:y0mv3t4q]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/DRAGONFAN/intheblood.jpg[/img:y0mv3t4q]:4014.gif

Dons: Leaf, Colton, Coady, Lawton, Opie, Weedon, Speake, Benson, Cook, Carbutt, Hall, Holt, Steen, Subs: McKinley, Bassinder, Craig Jones, Ellery.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1651No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5573.jpg
Come On You Dons !!!!:5573.jpg

McKinlay was definately wearing Castles shirt and im sure Hall was wearing Haleys shirt.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach148No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2023Jan 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Stand-Offish "You came and paid money to support your club......to be be fair..... didn't you?
You'd have gone anyway.
Yet we beat them at their place before we imploded.'"
]

Now now. I had a two hour drive to get there, much more than some of your supporters had, but still decided to go to shout for my team, unlike many of them. My money could have been spent elsewhere, but truthfully, is there a greater need of my money in the Rugby world than your club? I went knowing that my money would be of some benefit to your club. I have picked no bits from anything, only telling it as it is to me. Are you so annoyed with us because we are the unwitting beneficiaries of your downfall? Hardly our fault. Do I think we are world beaters? Nope. And by the way, putting 70 points past you does represent progress because two months ago we most certainly would not have done, even against this team.
Did I enjoy yesterdays match? The fact that Batley won yes, but seeing a fellow club struggle, no.
And for the third time, good luck for the future.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18610No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg

Quote: distantdog "Now now. I had a two hour drive to get there, much more than some of your supporters had, but still decided to go to shout for my team, unlike many of them. My money could have been spent elsewhere, but truthfully, is there a greater need of my money in the Rugby world than your club? I went knowing that my money would be of some benefit to your club. I have picked no bits from anything, only telling it as it is to me. Are you so annoyed with us because we are the unwitting beneficiaries of your downfall? Hardly our fault. Do I think we are world beaters? Nope. And by the way, putting 70 points past you does represent progress because two months ago we most certainly would not have done, even against this team.
Did I enjoy yesterdays match? The fact that Batley won yes, but seeing a fellow club struggle, no.
And for the third time, good luck for the future.'"

Cheers.....a sensible post free from name calling....which is always nice.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator99993No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif
:Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif

Quote: Karlos "McKinlay was definately wearing Castles shirt and im sure Hall was wearing Haleys shirt.'"

Agreed.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner84No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2013Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Games/PDT_428.gif
:Games/PDT_428.gif

Ellery 21, Jones 16, Bassinder 24, McKinley 15, Hall 8,
others were as normal
i have the Batley team if you need it

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach224No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Others/radioactive.gif
:Others/radioactive.gif

Quote: Karlos "Also it has to be said another poor turnout from the donny fans.Diehards only today and it will be the same or even less next week.
The thing is the lads need our support more than ever now.Please try and cheer them on with us next week if you can, and not stayaway!'"
Ive done in Derby now matey ill be there. icon_wink.gif

46 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
46 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.310546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
Recent
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
Recent