JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

He was one of the names mentioned bound for York unfortunately . I overheard him telling someone that they had signed him and wanted him to bulk up over the closed season ready for next year.
It looks very much a case of York "showing us (or them the players) the money"

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2216
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6027.gif
:6027.gif

Just in case you are all unaware Show Me The Money UK are own and run by former Dons Chairman Craig Harrison who abandoned the club the moment the final hooter sounded on first ever Victory in a final (on our second appearance in one).

This side had quality but all of which was quickly moved on to other better paying clubs, I wonder who the agent for Luke Gayle, Zeb Luisi, Kyle Briggs et al were....I'd put decent money on it being the same guy.

RankPostsTeam
International Star107No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I believe the club have learnt from the mistakes of this season, firstly appointing a coach with experience of championship and championship one rugby, and also knows many of the players within these leagues.

I can't understand the fascination of wanting to sign so called name players, I remember John Wright signing 17 of them when we moved to the keepmoat, and what a massive success that was. I believe you need committed and hungry players who want to play for the club, and show the same passion like Kyle kesick and Shaun leaf. Yes I agree you need a blend of youth and experience, many young players come with a point to prove to super league clubs who don't feel they are ready to play at that level, there are current players in super league who have dropped to lower levels previously and then earned themselves another bite of the cherry.

If some of the current squad wish to leave for more money then fine, a couple of players have already signed on less money because they want to play for the Dons, at the end of the day they have failed collectively this season and failure doesn't justify the same reward as success.

I am confident if we sign the players GT and PG want we will be in with a good chance of promotion .

I bought a season ticket because I believe we will be competive next season, but the main resason is I support Doncaster rugby league club, and owners and employees come and go, I am aware some employees also support the club as well and will always do so.
COYD.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2216
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6027.gif

Actually Rugblyman the season we moved to the Keepmoat we signed very few named players at all especially when we rebranded to the lakers, we employed an unheard of Aussie coach and failed miserably. Phil Windley took over later and brought in even more terrible players.

However when we signed decent named players both under St John Ellis and later under Ellery Hanley and even under Tony Miller (Paul Cooke et al) we had some very successful years.

A mix of experience and youthful enthusiasm is indeed required all we have signed so far is the promise of Jam tomorrow (Craig Harrisons Jam), I fully support GT and PG and they we have a good mix, I do wonder how much say they are having over the players brought in as we only seem to be browsing the SMTMUK catalog exclusively at the moment.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3481
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif
:disney/00035.gif

There are 29 rugby league agents registered with the RFL including Shane Miller and Craig Harrison. Shane Miller owns Custom Sports Management Limited. As mentioned, Craig Harrison owns Show Me The Money (UK) Limited.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain255No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SteveRoebuck "Actually Rugblyman the season we moved to the Keepmoat we signed very few named players at all especially when we rebranded to the lakers, we employed an unheard of Aussie coach and failed miserably. Phil Windley took over later and brought in even more terrible players.

However when we signed decent named players both under St John Ellis and later under Ellery Hanley and even under Tony Miller (Paul Cooke et al) we had some very successful years.

A mix of experience and youthful enthusiasm is indeed required all we have signed so far is the promise of Jam tomorrow (Craig Harrisons Jam), I fully support GT and PG and they we have a good mix, I do wonder how much say they are having over the players brought in as we only seem to be browsing the SMTMUK catalog exclusively at the moment.'"

What a magnificent historian you are Steve but how can you say that you support GT and PG when all you can do is moan about the players signed through the Craig Harrison agency. How many more times does it have to be said that the names of established players cannot be released yet because of being on contracts with their current clubs.The lads signed so far are of a much better pedigree than those signed by Cooke at the start of this season and will also benefit from a long and hard pre season's training thus enabling them to get established in the squad. In a few weeks when I assume most of the signings will have been made,that will be the time to air your criticism about who the signings are and which stable they have come from if you are still not happy.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2216
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6027.gif

Its hardly ancient history its 10 years or so ago, this cannot announce players because they are in contract is still fishy to me every other club is happy to name names but we shall wait until the post season to see who we sign.

I dont think we can make a judgement on the players we've signed so far based on a short highlight video thats designed only to show the good parts of their game.

I shall not comment further until the signing are announced

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain1No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

This is my first post , but I feel things are being left unsaid. I know that the club didn't even have the decency to speak to most of the current squad about weather they would be retained or not, which has upset a lot of the players.
Most of the team are heading to York , And feel the club have been very unprofessional in there dealings.
I know this season hasn't been great but that isn't just down to the players ,the Chairman and CEO must shoulder a large portion of blame.
I don't think that the money offered is such a big factor in the players decisions to leave , it is the way they have been treated by the previously mentioned Hall and Scarrow that has been a large bearing on their decision.
All the lads have jobs ,work full time and have to get a work ,life ,rugby balance which is sometimes hard on partners and family . Money is not the be all and end all but for me you need to have mutual respect between players , coach and CEO .
The player respect the coach but that is it , professionalism works both ways Mr Hall.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1304No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64156_1430988287.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64156.gif

Quote: Squadworth "This is my first post , but I feel things are being left unsaid. I know that the club didn't even have the decency to speak to most of the current squad about weather they would be retained or not, which has upset a lot of the players.
Most of the team are heading to York , And feel the club have been very unprofessional in there dealings.
I know this season hasn't been great but that isn't just down to the players ,the Chairman and CEO must shoulder a large portion of blame.
I don't think that the money offered is such a big factor in the players decisions to leave , it is the way they have been treated by the previously mentioned Hall and Scarrow that has been a large bearing on their decision.
All the lads have jobs ,work full time and have to get a work ,life ,rugby balance which is sometimes hard on partners and family . Money is not the be all and end all but for me you need to have mutual respect between players , coach and CEO .
The player respect the coach but that is it , professionalism works both ways Mr Hall.
'"

Welcome to the forum, it seems you are either a player or someone very close to at least one of them, obviously you know more about the situation than I do. I do find your comments somewhat disturbing, but would need more facts to make a judgment on it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star24No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

That is what was being said by players and their families in the bar Sunday ,
one of our top performers over the last couple of years has signed for another Championship club (wouldnt say which) as the club didn't have the decency to speak to him about a new deal even though he wanted to stay, nothing was offered.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1304No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64156_1430988287.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64156.gif

There was always going to be a lot of changes after the season we've just had, some who I would want to stay will go, that's up to the coach, but i would have expected the club to act professionally in the matter, without actually knowing it's difficult to comment. Whoever is going i wish them all the best.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain235No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp049.gif
:simpsons/simp049.gif

Quote: SteveRoebuck "Its hardly ancient history its 10 years or so ago, this cannot announce players because they are in contract is still fishy to me every other club is happy to name names but we shall wait until the post season to see who we sign.

I dont think we can make a judgement on the players we've signed so far based on a short highlight video thats designed only to show the good parts of their game.

I shall not comment further until the signing are announced'"

Do you get your kicks constantly moaning and whining? jesus wept you could make a onion cry mate, if your not convinced about club doncaster, carl, gt or how the turnstiles go anti-clockwise then simply don't attend and stop posting. Nobody has enjoyed this season and absolutely no positives can be taken from it but were moving into a new era with young exciting players coming in to express themselves, a new coach with the chance to have a full pre-season and implement new fitness regimes and love them or hate them club doncaster saying they will fund the club competitively for the foreseeable future. Good things are happening behind the scenes and now the focus is on putting an exciting and passionate side out which i firmly believe will happen but it seems some people on here are at their happiest when things are not going well which for me is pretty sad

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain12No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

People with a knowledge and understanding of history can look at present developing situations and compare what is happening now to the past. This often gives a good insight to a likely future. So SteveRoebuck’s recent post is very informative and is well grounded.

The young lads who have been signed are fresh out of Superleague academies. Some of them may be stars of the future. The only problem is that we do not know which ones. The videos that we see are of one team of U19s players playing other team of U19s players. Now, most of them will be turning U20. No one knows what they will be like under pressure from experienced players in either League 1 or in Championship. They will be playing against men who are battle hardened. Some promising young players’ ability seems to evaporate under pressure whilst others rise to the challenge. Some young players may not be ready for this challenge for another few years. Also, what of their attitude? Will they be good team players? Who knows?

So Stand-Offish is right when he talks about signing potential. Chewspaker, Moomlight, SteveRoebuck, Wanderer, etc also make this point and they talk of balances between youth and experience. These guys have experiences from their own personal history and they have good words wisdom to offer. The management of Donny would do well to listen.

Most Championship clubs will take on youngsters to develop them during training and try them out against weaker clubs. Surely no Championship club in its right mind will allow its future to be determined by the exploits of inexperienced youth. After all, no Championship club wants to be relegated to League 1.

League 1 is a bit different. This gives talented younger inexperienced players a good chance to develop and provide them with a route into Championship and beyond. Good experienced players also play here by personal choice.

Now that we are relegated to League 1, C Hall talks about bouncing back into Championship. In reality there are constraining financial budget issues. So G Thornton is a bit more cautious. He says, “[iit will not be a given that we will be straight back up but we will be challenging[/i”. He knows the realities of League 1. After all, he was the Championship coach at York City Knights when they were relegated to League 1.

From the existing squad so far, we have signed only three fully experienced players – K Kesik, L Welham and T Carr. Of these three, an earlier post seemed to question if L Welham has signed. If he has, then this is odd as it is not yet posted on Donny’s site. A new experienced player who has signed is M Castle. However, it is suggested by G Thornton that P Cooke gave M Castle the push. No reason is given for this.

Two of the signings from last year’s intake have re-signed. So I guess that P Cooke was right about these two.

So far, five new youngsters have been signed. How will they do? We do not know. Time will tell.

It seems that few of our existing squad will be with us next season. Some of the earlier posts here suggest that they are off to pastures new. This is a pity. I believe that they are a very good squad of players who were somehow or other let down by management. After all, when G Thornton took over earlier this year he said, “[iGood players cannot become bad players overnight[/i”.

RankPostsTeam
International Star24No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Very good post Tee Man .
I along with the aforementioned only want what's best for the club and its fans.
I am not a Johnny come lately, though good times and bad I have followed the club spending God knows how many thousands over the years, and I strongly believe that Club Doncaster is the way forward.
For people to say that some fans are only happy when the team is struggling is obserd ,they give THEIR opinion because they care. Weather you agree with it or not.
These are the same people who have followed the team for years, but who are slowly turning their backs on DRLFC for a variety of reasons.
It shows a total lack of respect to the fans who spend their hard earned money traveling up and down the country ,supporting the team when players are posting photos and videos on social media laughing and joking on the way home from a drubbing like the one at Workington,
I know they try their best and it hurts to lose , but it hurts the fans just as much if not more ,as we have paid for the privilege.
This has been done on at least three occasions this year to my knowledge(shown to me by work mate as I am not on Twitter) and looks like a case of "well another loss lets make up for it with a few beers on the bus home".
I know we are not in the same league but can you imagine the uproar if the Hull KR players had posted pictures of themselves, three sheets to the wind laughing and singing when they got hammered at Wembley.
I sincerely hope GT and PG are given a fair crack of the whip , with a full preseason and no interference for above, to deliver a competitive side and one to make me want to watch next year.
COYD

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18609No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. Thank God I'm an atheist.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22214.jpg

Good post Tee Man.

Nobody who posts on here wants their team to do badly. They post because they care, I presume.
A variety of views is what is needed and we have got that.
So I don't believe personal attacks are appropriate.
We need more posters, not less.

The forum has been devoid of its more optimistic members simply because of the terrible circumstances and realists/pessimists like myself have held sway.
There will be a better balance of posters hopefully next season.

But, the more the merrier I say! icon_biggrin.gif

54 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
54 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.33154296875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
FC v hull kr
bonaire
3m
Saints h
The Reaper
16m
Bradford
Victor
38m
Round 17 Warrington Away
Jack Burton
46m
Lewis Murphy
imwakefieldt
56m
TV games not Wire
karetaker
59m
Toulouse game
FIL
Recent
Fixture List
Big lads mat
Recent
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
Recent
Wakefield H
dddooommm
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Arthur In
Tex Rerp
1m
TV games not Wire
karetaker
1m
Bradford
Victor
1m
Lewis Murphy
imwakefieldt
1m
Shopping list for 2025
Jake the Peg
2m
Vegas Baby
MidlandsWarr
2m
Lee Briers
karetaker
3m
Cas
BigTime
3m
Salford - Away
Riderofthepa
3m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
weaver93
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Fixture List
Big lads mat
TODAY
Wigan Warriors Extend League Lead with Derby Win
RLFANS News
TODAY
Toulouse game
FIL
TODAY
Ashton extends contract
chris2925
TODAY
Damel Diakhate
Eastern Wild
TODAY
Sackings
SFW
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Into Second With Win Over Leeds
RLFANS News
TODAY
Tonights game v Leeds
Big lads mat
TODAY
Watson toast
FIL
TODAY
Watson Been Stood Down
Deeeekos
TODAY
Watson gone
Jo Jumbuck
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Giants
doc999
TODAY
Just makes me laugh
Wildmoggy
TODAY
Anyone know about wfd v batley
Redscat
TODAY
Bradford
Victor
TODAY
One more Saints inspired novel
glee
TODAY
Bradford Away 140724
Luppylad
TODAY
Fax v Fev
The Phantom
TODAY
Cas
BigTime
TODAY
Round 17 Warrington Away
Jack Burton
TODAY
Saints h
The Reaper
TODAY
For the live of god Arthur out
christopher
TODAY
Arthur In
Tex Rerp
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Wigan Warriors Extend League L..
Warrington Wolves Into Second ..
Salford Hold On To Beat Unluck..
Lucky Leeds Golden Point Win O..
Wigan Beat Leigh in Derby Thri..
Wakefield Trinity Register Thi..
Englands Youngsters Beat Franc..
Big Win for England Women Over..
2024 State of Origin - Game 2 ..
New Structure for 2025 Challen..
Super League form rewarded as ..
Superb Salford Complete Histor..
Catalans Dragons Survive Secon..
Warrington Wolves Snatch Late ..
Spirit of Rob Burrow Inspires ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.6M 3,181 80,08514,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
 FT
Hover 
Gold Coast
24-16
Parramatta
 FT
Hover 
Brisbane
26-30
St.George
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17

15:00
Hull FC
0-18
Hull KR
Latest

Leigh
6-4
Huddersfield
UPDATE! Latest
       Championship 2024-R15

Whitehaven
18-12
Toulouse
Latest
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R17
17:30
Catalans
v
Salford
 TOMORROW
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
12:00
York V
v
FeatherstoneW
12:00
Wire W
v
LeedsW
       League One 2024-R15
14:00
Newcastle
v
Hunslet
     Womens Super League 2024-R8
14:00
Hudds W
v
BarrowW
       Championship 2024-R15
Batley
v
Barrow
Bradford
v
Wakefield
Halifax
v
Featherstone
Sheffield
v
Swinton
Widnes
v
Dewsbury
York
v
Doncaster
       League One 2024-R15
Oldham
v
Crusaders
Workington
v
Rochdale
     National Rugby League 2024-R19
17:05
Manly
v
Newcastle
 Wed 17th Jul
     State of Origin 2023-R3
11:05
Queensland
v
New South Wales
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 13th Jul
SL
Hull FC0-18Hull KR
SL
Leigh6-4Huddersfield
SL
17:30
Catalans-Salford
Wed 17th Jul
SOO
11:05
Queensland-New South Wales
Sat 17th Aug
SL
18:00
Warrington-Leeds
SL
15:30
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
13:00
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:00
Leigh-Salford
SL
15:30
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:00
Huddersfield-Castleford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 13th Jul
NRL
LIVE
Gold Coast24-16Parramatta
NRL
LIVE
Brisbane26-30St.George
SL
LIVE
Hull FC0-18Hull KR
SL
LIVE
Leigh6-4Huddersfield
CH
LIVE
Whitehaven18-12Toulouse
Fri 12th Jul
NRL 19 Cronulla58-6Wests
SL 17 LondonB20-34Castleford
WSL2024 8 WiganW12-16St.HelensW
SL 17 Wigan16-12St.Helens
Thu 11th Jul
NRL 19 Dolphins36-28Souths
SL 17 Warrington30-18Leeds
Sun 7th Jul
NRL 18 Sydney42-12St.George
NRL 18 Canberra12-16Newcastle
SL 16 Salford22-20Hull FC
CH 14 Dewsbury16-20Doncaster
CH 14 Featherstone66-0Whitehaven
CH 14 Swinton24-12Widnes
CH 14 Wakefield34-12Batley
CH 14 York54-12Barrow
L1 14 Newcastle0-44Workington
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 16 443 182 261 28
Warrington 17 436 231 205 24
Hull KR 17 415 217 198 24
St.Helens 17 441 186 255 22
Salford 16 317 308 9 22
Catalans 16 304 234 70 20

Leeds 17 309 316 -7 18
Leigh 16 276 254 22 13
Huddersfield 17 302 371 -69 12
Castleford 17 280 455 -175 11
Hull FC 17 218 514 -296 4
LondonB 17 176 649 -473 2
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 14 520 154 366 28
Sheffield 14 382 217 165 22
Bradford 14 353 230 123 19
Toulouse 14 354 204 150 17
Widnes 14 327 269 58 15
Featherstone 14 396 283 113 14

Doncaster 14 257 341 -84 13
York 15 339 305 34 12
Batley 14 217 320 -103 12
Whitehaven 15 284 434 -150 12