Club Owner4112
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[b:34z93omz][url=http://www.donsstats.co.uk:34z93omz]http://www.donsstats.co.uk[/url:34z93omz][/b:34z93omz] - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day. [b:34z93omz][color=#000000:34z93omz]"Lost the battle, lost the war Lost the things worth living for Lost the will to win the fight One more pill to kill the pain"[/color:34z93omz][/b:34z93omz] - Michael Burnett:

Highlights -

[youtube-qJXN4uCxmw[/youtube

I may put the whole game up later.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator17977
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2911.jpg
:2911.jpg

Happy with a bonus point yesterday, they were better than us and look a bloody good side across the park. I wouldn't be surprised to see them amongst the usual top 4 this year

Battle of two good defences but we played far too much of the game in our own half to get anything more than a point

RankPostsTeam
International Star113No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2019May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Shocking defence from butterfield for the second dewsbury try he should not have allowed him to run over him like that.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2216
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6027.gif
:6027.gif

Second game of the season for me and I think I am worried what the likes of Leigh, Fev, Sheffield (bizarre result yesterday) and Halifax might do to us.

Yesterdays performance was very good from a defensive point of view the lads tackled and tackled well for the majority of the game and only a few slips or mistakes cost us the result. Robbo and Leafe were outstanding.

Sadly I don't think we offered anything in attack we lack a player who can unlock defenses when the opposition have marked Cooke out of the game which Dewsbury did to great success yesterday. Dews had several players on the pitch who were capable of creating something out of nothing we only seem to have Cooke. I know we have players out injured but we seem to lack punch at the moment.

I am in no way a professional sports coach or profess to be, but I think we really need to have some training on fielding kick offs and one on varied kickoffs....Everytime Sando kicked off it was to the same player stood in the same spot....Dewsbury and the cougars caught us out by varying their kick offs to make best use of the conditions something we dont do.

The ticketing situation was again silly, massive que at the ticket office at 14:50 and many Dews and Dons fans were complaining about it, they reduced the que by selling tickets to the que directly, why not just take money on the turn styles and save all the agro.

I am fairly certain fans of both sides missed the opening 5-10 mins of the game due to this.

Batley next week could be interesting and I am worried about the Fev home game could be a mauling unless we stop the silly penalties, work on ball retention and have Plan B for attack if they mark Cooke out of the game.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18610No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. Thank God I'm an atheist.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22214.jpg

Quote: SteveRoebuck "Second game of the season for me and I think I am worried what the likes of Leigh, Fev, Sheffield (bizarre result yesterday) and Halifax might do to us.

Yesterdays performance was very good from a defensive point of view the lads tackled and tackled well for the majority of the game and only a few slips or mistakes cost us the result. Robbo and Leafe were outstanding.

Sadly I don't think we offered anything in attack we lack a player who can unlock defenses when the opposition have marked Cooke out of the game which Dewsbury did to great success yesterday. Dews had several players on the pitch who were capable of creating something out of nothing we only seem to have Cooke. I know we have players out injured but we seem to lack punch at the moment.

I am in no way a professional sports coach or profess to be, but I think we really need to have some training on fielding kick offs and one on varied kickoffs....Everytime Sando kicked off it was to the same player stood in the same spot....Dewsbury and the cougars caught us out by varying their kick offs to make best use of the conditions something we dont do.

The ticketing situation was again silly, massive que at the ticket office at 14
Glad you went Steve and I agree with your analysis.

Heaven help us if Cookey gets injured, we will be in deep shoite. There are no other effective or inventive playmakers in the side or they are leaving it all to Cooke. If Cooke doesn't do it it doesn't get done.

Our kicking game is in a rut. Paul has one kick at the moment, a relieving kick, low, straight towards the posts.

Dewsbury spent the entire first half putting bombs up. Only great catching and inaccuracy stopped them posting tries from these kicks.
What did we do?

We have great team spirit but that only takes you so far, we need some more class.
It has to come from Hull or we get another quality halfback.

I am not happy, already, with the Hull dual reg supply of players. We should have at least 3 QUALITY players from Hull in our side EVERY game.
We were let down badly yesterday.
COYD

RankPostsTeam
International Star1443
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: donnytilidie1 "How ironic is it that the Same ref who blatantly robbed us in the play offs last season was in charge again today! Some of his decisions today baffled me. All game Dewsbury were offside and holding down and he didnt give us a thing but in the second half when we were starting to get on top he awarded Dewsbury penalty after penalty. A few new people were there today and they said not coming again to watch a game of rugby ruined by inconsistent officiating and THAT is the reason why crowds are down. Can anyone explain how a Dewsbury knock on led to a penalty for Dewsbury baffling decision.'"

i haven't spoken to anyone who can answer that one, unbelievable!!!!!!!!

RankPostsTeam
International Star1443
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

But 2 weeks on the run now we have scored and then dropped the ball from the restart to allow the opposition to score.
these are simple errors where we just put ourselves on the backfoot when we don't need to.

Also can't we kick off without just kicking too the same man everytime,
on every kick off i shouted to vary it, if we can see it why can't the players.
make em bend there backs over!!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18610No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. Thank God I'm an atheist.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22214.jpg

Some of our players hardly ever drop a ball.
Sando for one.
They ought to show the rest how to do it.
Butterfingers the other week ran laterally across a player waiting to field a ball and dropped the ball.
Communication ... zero. Technique rubbish!

RankPostsTeam
International Star3493
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif
:disney/00035.gif

Quote: onedon "i haven't spoken to anyone who can answer that one, unbelievable!!!!!!!!'"

I think the ref signalled a high tackle had caused the ball to be knocked on.

It'd be interesting to see the video of the incident. Nothing looked obvious from our side of the pitch.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator17977
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2911.jpg
:2911.jpg

Quote: Double Movement "I think the ref signalled a high tackle had caused the ball to be knocked on.

It'd be interesting to see the video of the incident. Nothing looked obvious from our side of the pitch.'"

I think he signalled the player was tackled before receiving the ball

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner806No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2016Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.:

Quote: Donny "Highlights -

[youtube-qJXN4uCxmw[/youtube

I may put the whole game up later.'"

Any chance of putting the game on would like to see it again.
Reckon on the third try the final pass was forward by the way.

RankPostsTeam
International Star28No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: onedon "But 2 weeks on the run now we have scored and then dropped the ball from the restart to allow the opposition to score.
these are simple errors where we just put ourselves on the backfoot when we don't need to.

Also can't we kick off without just kicking too the same man everytime,
on every kick off i shouted to vary it, if we can see it why can't the players.
make em bend there backs over!!!'"

I would love it if we occasionally put a grubber from KO into the big space and get or two of the fast lads to follow it.
Anything can happen when its bobbling. I remember a local amateur who did it now and then 75% of the time he got the ball.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner443No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7486.jpg
There's no I in team......but there is a me! 'It is not enough to be interesting, you must first be interested':7486.jpg

Agree with some of the comments regarding dropping ball at kick off and daft pens - BUT

We have 7 points from 9 and with a few key players out and I think PC coaching and whole approach is as good as we would ever get - he comes across very good in interviews.

Fev and Leigh may well turn us over, but is anyone expecting anything much different, most of the teams in the League are looking at those games as almost a given...

We have a good DR set up, which will in time get frustrating BUT remember we also have Lee (who for me would be a better bet than Nev at present in centre), Waller , Edwards and last week Kes not fit. These are big players. The new signings such as Starling and Wilkinson are perhaps still a bit off pace so no point just chucking them in...

We beat Fev, Eagles and drew with Fax last year...so who knows..
Aim in my mind is top 6 - see no reason why this can't be done.

Nicklas shows great signs (enough for London to want him..) and Spav can give a kicking option...early days and 4th in League...Not convinced Batley will turn us over easily....

We are in budget and we are getting points from each game...beat those we know we can and do best against the bigger guns.....not sure what more we can ask for....

Look at Fev and Leighs attendances - you don't have to be a genius to do the sums - we would compete more if we had bigger crowds.

43 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
43 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.30322265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Tonights match v HKR
Allypie
15m
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
17m