Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2011Sep 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The Dons:

For me sundays performance showed the importance of 4 players:

Butterfield, Kesik, Leaf and Colton. All missed greatly during the match.

Bovill deserved his red card, and IMO will get a big ban. It was stupid.
Almost as ridiclous as stand offishs post on this thread. But not quite

We played poorly and deserved to lose.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18610No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. Thank God I'm an atheist.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22214.jpg

Quote: Back on the Popside "For me sundays performance showed the importance of 4 players'"

Excuse me, but how was my post ridiculous?
You mean we weren't rubbish?
Was any of it factually inaccurate?

See your bit in big letters. You seem to have come to the same conclusion as I did. As have most others. Why single me out?

I await your detailed response.
Somehow I doubt it will be very detailed.

I could be equally insulting but I won't, but to suggest that an honest opinion is in any way more harmful than someone leading with their elbow is frankly an insult. I think you are bang out of order.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach119No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2014Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We were simply beaten by a better team on the day. Yes missing the players mentioned above did have a bearing ,but no excuses our ball retention ,completion and disipline were unacceptable and we will be looking to lift ourselves in training this week to get back to the enthusiasm we showed against Workington. This defeat will spur us on and make us more determined to succeed. Whitehaven will be a tough game but i think with a weeks rest and a few players back we can end their winning streak and show we had a bad day at the office against a well drilled Hornets side. COYD

kkk
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2011May 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

While i agree that having players missing was no excuse for the lack of discipline and the poor completion rate i do think that the players missing are the biggest difference between a decent team at times and a brilliant team. You only have to look at rochdale away. The lads were 22-0 down and kesik came on and completely turned the game around. On sunday the game became poor when leaf came off. Those two and butterfield and china are 4 of the best players and the ones that take control of the game the most aswell as score a high percentage of the tries. Hopefully with a weeks rest the team come back stronger and can beat whitehaven.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner806No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2016Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.:

Warrington (missing Ben Westwood) probably wondering how they got turned over against all the odds.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach707No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2011Sep 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The Dons:

Quote: Stand-Offish "Excuse me, but how was my post ridiculous?
You mean we weren't rubbish?
Was any of it factually inaccurate?

See your bit in big letters. You seem to have come to the same conclusion as I did. As have most others. Why single me out?

I await your detailed response.
Somehow I doubt it will be very detailed.

I could be equally insulting but I won't, but to suggest that an honest opinion is in any way more harmful than someone leading with their elbow is frankly an insult. I think you are bang out of order.'"

Right, i called your post ridiculous, below are the MY OPINONS why

Even considering throwing your season ticket away, and then calling your self a die hard fan. Sorry die hard fans dont even think that, never mind putting it on here - RIDICULOUS

Saying it was like the players had seen a ball before - RIDICULOUS

Calling the performance Clueless, Incompentant and Learderless - RIDICULOUS

Both the above statements are total over exaggerations.

Also your reference to players missing not having an effect on the game - RIDICULOUS
8 players + missing, including 3 of the better players in CC1 (Butterfield, Kesik and Leaf) of course this had an effect on the game.

In the post you make some valid points then spoil it completely, with over exaggeration after over exaggeration.

IMO

David

RankPostsTeam
Moderator100140No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif
:Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif

Quote: Back on the Popside "Right, i called your post ridiculous, below are the MY OPINONS why

Even considering throwing your season ticket away, and then calling your self a die hard fan. Sorry die hard fans dont even think that, never mind putting it on here - RIDICULOUS

Both the above statements are total over exagerations.

Also your reference to players missing not having an effect on the game - RIDICULOUS
8 players + missing, including 3 of the better players in CC1 (Butterfield, Kesik and Leaf) course had an effect on the game.

In the Post you make some valid points then spoil it completly with comple over exagerations

IMO

David'"

David, in the interests of fair play, I'd make 3 or 4 edits to that post before S-O gets to grip with it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach707No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2011Sep 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

The Dons:

Quote: Wanderer "David, in the interests of fair play, I'd make 3 or 4 edits to that post before S-O gets to grip with it.'"

Thanks, editted slighty

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18610No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. Thank God I'm an atheist.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22214.jpg

Quote: Back on the Popside "Right, i called your post ridiculous, below are the MY OPINONS why

Both the above statements are total over exaggerations.

8 players + missing, including 3 of the better players in CC1 (Butterfield, Kesik and Leaf) of course this had an effect on the game.

In the post you make some valid points then spoil it completely, with over exaggeration after over exaggeration.

IMO

David'"

If you can't differentiate between hyperbole and something that is ridiculous then that's a shame.

I have only just looked at this thread again for quite some time, but it's clear that a mod has had to advise you to censure what you wrote. Which is not a good sign.

Lets look at your points shall we?

Quote: Back on the Popside "Right, i called your post ridiculous, below are the MY OPINONS why.'"

Quote: Back on the Popside "Even considering throwing your season ticket away, and then calling your self a die hard fan. Sorry die hard fans dont even think that, never mind putting it on here - RIDICULOUS'"

I am a die-hard fan, and I'm sorry to have to inform that die-hard fans do from time to time consider packing it in. I usually change my mind, but one day I won't and that will be it. I know dozens of what I consider die-hard fans who have packed it in, fed up with all the upheavals, the boom and bust and performances like Sunday's.
That my friend is why the crowds are 500 when they used to be 1000. People have called it a day, and it's not just that we are in Championship 1.
As for my season ticket, the Dons have got that money already, so it's no loss to them and it's mine to do just what I like with. Alright I was feeling very disappointed at the time and that is how I felt. After all people will have come and watched that and won't be back for a while, they will have felt just like I did ... let down.

Quote: Back on the Popside "Saying it was like the players had seen a ball before - RIDICULOUS'"

Even chunkster, who has something to do with the club, said they couldn't hold the ball and their completion rate was poor.

Quote: Back on the Popside "Calling the performance Clueless, Incompentant and Learderless - RIDICULOUS'"

Don't confuse ridiculous with being something you don't agree with. They were all of those things on Sunday, only I'm allowed to say it, other people have to be more euphemistic. But I certainly remember leaderless being used by a few others. And we were clueless about breaking down the Rochdale defence after a decent start, we never got near their line most of the game.

Quote: Back on the Popside "Also your reference to players missing not having an effect on the game - RIDICULOUS
8 players + missing, including 3 of the better players in CC1 (Butterfield, Kesik and Leaf) of course this had an effect on the game.'"

I can't remember saying anything of the sort, of course it would. I said that I didn't want to hear the excuse that we lost because we had injuries, and to be fair I don't think that has been the case. Let's remember all clubs have injuries. Wayne McHugh had a strapped up thigh, but played and mighty well too.
The players that took to the field were all good lads, experienced and capable of doing the job and beating Rochdale, they weren't greenhorns. They were in the main the same bunch that performed so heroically against Workington ...but that's where the similarity ended. Am I not allowed to point that out?
(And Leaf did play part of this match, dropping the ball when a try was begging IIRC)

Quote: Back on the Popside "In the post you make some valid points then spoil it completely, with over exaggeration after over exaggeration.'"

Well if I did make some good points, why did you damn the whole thing?
Yes I like to use hyperbole, it's a useful device. So it's just a question of degree now is it? So why didn't you put that what I wrote was over the top instead of ridiculous. It might have saved a lot of time?
Regards
S-O.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator100140No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif

Jamie Bovill charged with [sizeTWO[/size incidents in this game;

Dangerous Contact (early in the first half)
Use of the Forearm in possesion (for which he was red-carded)

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach297No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2012Aug 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22264.gif
:22264.gif

Bovill deserves a ban, no argument. I don't believe we will miss him, he hasn't broken a tackle since he's been at the Dons. I for one wouldn't be too upset if we released him. Might sound a bit harsh but i think its time we looked to the younger blood to take us forward.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18610No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg

Quote: Willow tree "Bovill deserves a ban, no argument. I don't believe we will miss him, he hasn't broken a tackle since he's been at the Dons. I for one wouldn't be too upset if we released him. Might sound a bit harsh but i think its time we looked to the younger blood to take us forward.'"

So basically, you'd prefer Bovril to Horlicks. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator100140No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif

Disciplinary tonight.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner806No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2016Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.:

Any news on decision last night?

52 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
52 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.021484375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
Wollo-Wollo-
3m
Leigh it is
Jason65
8m