Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif
:Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif

Quote: Tatty Feeld "Clark to London
Groat to Bradford
and Snitch to Dewsbury
allegedly.'"

Two of those would make more sense the other way round, just sayin' icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star51No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

All the successful seasons we have had in recent years ha revolved around us having a quality half back Paul Manson graham holdroyd and Paul cook , it would be my suggestion that we acquire another for next season , if we are to emulate past glories

RankPostsTeam
International Star235No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp049.gif
:simpsons/simp049.gif

Its been an horrendous/horrible season both on and off the pitch, 1 win in a whole season is truly embarrassing and we go into the bottom rung of rugby with no positives. How on earth they expect the doncaster public to come out and support them when they cant be d to address the fans until the weds/thurs is beyond me, i honestly know amateur clubs that are being operated better than ours its a complete joke! It wont be long until mr hall is begging for us to join the promotion party next season and buy our season tickets (its quite clear us loyal fans have just become a cash cow). This season has been so depressing its either have a rant on here or disown the club so rant over bring on next season! COYD

RankPostsTeam
International Star32
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72491_1427727458.gif
[url=http://s5.photobucket.com/user/DRAGONFAN/media/dons.gif.html:2eb66dc3][img:2eb66dc3]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y189/DRAGONFAN/dons.gif[/img:2eb66dc3][/url:2eb66dc3]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72491.gif

vious
Quote: leafys bookmaker "Its been an horrendous/horrible season both on and off the pitch, 1 win in a whole season is truly embarrassing and we go into the bottom rung of rugby with no positives. How on earth they expect the doncaster public to come out and support them when they cant be d to address the fans until the weds/thurs is beyond me, i honestly know amateur clubs that are being operated better than ours its a complete joke! It wont be long until mr hall is begging for us to join the promotion party next season and buy our season tickets (its quite clear us loyal fans have just become a cash cow). This season has been so depressing its either have a rant on here or disown the club so rant over bring on next season! COYD'"

To be honest the management including Carl have received numerous words of praise over the previous few seasons from the loyal fans--and they have deserved this------ but they must now be prepared to take the flak.
A top four finish was way above that expected by the majority of fans last season--- And we sang the clubs praises.
The stuff we have had to endure this season has been dire and the fans don't deserve it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner806No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2016Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.:

Quote: Titanic don "All the successful seasons we have had in recent years ha revolved around us having a quality half back Paul Manson graham holdroyd and Paul cook , it would be my suggestion that we acquire another for next season , if we are to emulate past glories'"

Couldn't agree more. You can add Luke Gale to the list as well. Look at the difference Sammut is making to Workinton since he joined them.

RankPostsTeam
International Star107No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2017Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think it would be more likely Mitch Clark signing for Bradford has his Dad played for them.
Mat Groat said Sunday he hasn't signed for anyone.
Steve Snitch to Dewsbury sounds realistic.
Can see Dave Scott leaving to another team in championship one, a shame has he grafts hard for the team.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18610No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. Thank God I'm an atheist.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22214.jpg

Quote: leafys bookmaker "Its been an horrendous/horrible season both on and off the pitch, 1 win in a whole season is truly embarrassing and we go into the bottom rung of rugby with no positives. How on earth they expect the doncaster public to come out and support them when they cant be d to address the fans until the weds/thurs is beyond me, i honestly know amateur clubs that are being operated better than ours its a complete joke! It wont be long until mr hall is begging for us to join the promotion party next season and buy our season tickets (its quite clear us loyal fans have just become a cash cow). This season has been so depressing its either have a rant on here or disown the club so rant over bring on next season! COYD'"

Well rightly or wrongly I chose the latter.
Whitehaven was the last game that I went to.
I have a season ticket so have already paid my money, but decided enough was enough of watching players feeling sorry for themselves.
I missed the stirring fight back against Hunslet, but normal service was resumed against Halifax.
So no real change then.

I cancelled my Dons4Life subscription this morning, so my name can come out of the programme as well.

I don't like what has been done this season to the club and its loyal supporters. The club has been set back possibly years by disgraceful governance, that has NO mitigation, since the evidence was there at the very start of the season and NOTHING was done to avert this travesty.
They were basically either too stubborn or too tight to spend money on 2 quality halfbacks to put it right..
Well they have got exactly what they deserve .... which is nothing!

The club is a laughing stock!

Empty talk revolving around "We underestimated the strength of this division", is meaningless since they had the entire season to put it right.

It's back to square one almost.

I admire your commitment, but it is no fun getting pasted week in week out. icon_sad.gif

I hear you met my lad in the bookies the other day ... icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star235No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp049.gif
:simpsons/simp049.gif

Quote: Stand-Offish "Well rightly or wrongly I chose the latter.
Whitehaven was the last game that I went to.
I have a season ticket so have already paid my money, but decided enough was enough of watching players feeling sorry for themselves.
I missed the stirring fight back against Hunslet, but normal service was resumed against Halifax.
So no real change then.

I cancelled my Dons4Life subscription this morning, so my name can come out of the programme as well.

I don't like what has been done this season to the club and its loyal supporters. The club has been set back possibly years by disgraceful governance, that has NO mitigation, since the evidence was there at the very start of the season and NOTHING was done to avert this travesty.
They were basically either too stubborn or too tight to spend money on 2 quality halfbacks to put it right..
Well they have got exactly what they deserve .... which is nothing!

The club is a laughing stock!

Empty talk revolving around "We underestimated the strength of this division", is meaningless since they had the entire season to put it right.

It's back to square one almost.

I admire your commitment, but it is no fun getting pasted week in week out. I sure did, he's a good lad and we always have a good natter about the dons. I fully agree the management of the club is amateurish 1,6,7,9 are essential in having a strong side and while every other club have shopped at marks and spencers we went to aldi! It typifies it when 26 mins after our win against hunslet a match report and interviews were posted but this week we will be lucky to hear anything until thurs. As much as it pains me to say we totally deserve to be in the bottom rung next season and if CLUB DONCASTER continue to penny pinch we could be there a long time. icon_frustrated.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star51No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Tatty Feeld "Clark to London
Groat to Bradford
and Snitch to Dewsbury
allegedly.'"

It's Clark to Bradford and groat to london

RankPostsTeam
International Star51No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: scorer "Couldn't agree more. You can add Luke Gale to the list as well. Look at the difference Sammut is making to Workinton since he joined them.'"

Sammut was offered to us first , but as I stated earlier it would have taken us over the salery cap and we would not have bin able to sign any other players DR or loan or contracted , it would have been worth the risk in my opinion

RankPostsTeam
International Star94
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Salary cap?? They only get paid when they play how would it have taken us over the salary cap I heard there was20 calls to his guy and they was ignored yet we can take on 4 others so what is the truth????

RankPostsTeam
International Star94
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Hearsay does my head in we can all guess and make comments but let's just hear the truth from the organ grinder let the committee ask these actual questions I love to hear the answers COYD

RankPostsTeam
International Star3493
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif
:disney/00035.gif

Somewhere, lost in the calamity of this season, I'd guess there was a plan that has never fully been revealed by the club. I can't remember who said it or whether it was a post on the forum, but I heard the Dons were going to keep their powder dry this season, weigh up the opposition, believing that many clubs had overspent and wouldn't be able to do the same next season, and we'd step in and pick up some decent players at a much lower cost than they were demanding this season.

In the meantime, the Dons would aim for a mid-table, safe position, giving the new younger lads some game time in order to develop them for next season. We could then make a serious push for a top four Championship finish in 2017, and be better prepared for a crack at Super League.

With hindsight, this "plan" does seem to fit with what has happened ... the problem being that all the other clubs HAD invested wisely, DON'T seem to have overspent in a way which threatens their viability, and they've left us TRAILING in their wake. This "plan" or whatever the "real plan" was has backfired in a big way.

Instead of looking forward to a stab at the middle eights next season, we're looking at building a new team with seriously less funding from the RFL, potentially less funding from sponsors, a drastic drop in season ticket sales, and future gates in 2017 that will be nowhere near those we've had this season, which have been bolstered by such good support for the away teams.

Can we rewind to the end of last season please? icon_surprised.gifops:

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4077
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18825_1562008297.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18825.jpg

Excellent post from SO, we gave it up some time ago and unless there is a drastic change all round we will not be back next year either. I have to take issue with shopping at ALDI, the Germans would never put out such a poor product, they would be out of business in next to no time icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif .

Its a question of watching and waiting now but I guess the club will be hard put to shift a lot of season tickets.Folk in Donny who support this club I guess are not rolling in money and will wait and see as well and they deserve better than being conned into buying one.

I was always in the Clubs corner with the way it was run but having talked to one or two long standing supporters and trusted ones at that the blinkers have come off. The big issue for me is this, if the Rovers had been run along the lines that the Dons have been this season, all roasting hell would have erupted. I expect better from Club Doncaster and the team behind it, lets hope that some really hard decisions are taken and that for me means not only the players.

I wish you all a lovely rest of the Summer.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator99993No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif
:Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif

Quote: Stand-Offish "I don't like what has been done this season to the club and its loyal supporters. The club has been set back possibly years by disgraceful governance, that has NO mitigation, since the evidence was there at the very start of the season and NOTHING was done to avert this travesty.
Well they have got exactly what they deserve .... which is nothing! '"

Had this conversation at the match on Sunday, for me, serious change should have begun on Monday 23rd March 2015 having returned from a hammering by Championship One club North Wales Crusaders.

By then, we had also already lost twice to the promoted club Hunslet Hawks so it was quite clear by that point what level we were performing at.

68 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
68 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.24267578125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC