FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Doncaster RLFC > Where have all the posters gone?
59 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach88No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Apr 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Hally under the new system fresh ideas are being tried. Any suggestions you might have will be very welcome. Nobody has a monopoly on new ideas. We all, it seems, want the same end so don't be reticent if you have something to offer.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain293No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Maybe the last 8 or 9 forum meetings the issue of our discipline has been questioned but still we are no closer sorting it out and its killing us every sunday, also questions asked to carl on itd never gets fully answered, I get the feeling carl hates the thought of anyone questioning his authority and any suggestions gets quickly swept under the carpet. The club have to say there willing to listen to any ideas but cmon we all know that ain't the case. For me it boils down to how many times can I take being lied to

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner8044
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

May be Hally you have no confidence in your fellow fans .

I attended my first fans forum & I thought there was a positive interaction between club officials & fans . The club are going to put proposals out on how to increase base . The fans will then say what they think & reply .

May be you should put aside the fact you have no confidence in club or its officials . I did & am hopeful for better times ahead .

Consider giving them another chance .

RankPostsTeam
International Star3493
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif
:disney/00035.gif

I really do feel the club are wanting to listen to the fans more. Here's some more details on one of the things we raised at the fans meeting about season tickets: Not knowing when the fixtures will be after the league splits makes buying a season ticket much less attractive. Firstly the club acknowledged the problem and said they'd look into it and further consult with the fans as to how season ticket purchasing could best work better for us. Hence this is one of the reasons why season tickets won't be going on sale early this year.

They also wanted to see if there were other ways the fans could be rewarded for showing loyalty to the club when buying season tickets. Gavin Baldwin said that the initiatives the Rovers had used to include various different season ticket packages had gone down really well. He was going to see what could be done for us.

Hally, I understand your concerns about Carl not fully answering questions on In The Dugout, we need to point that out to him and see if things can be improved. In The Dugout is a really good concept. I'm not sure how many other teams at our level will be trying to interact with fans in this way. I'd like to give the club and Carl some credit for doing it but it's a good point, we do need to look at how it can be made better.

The issue you raised about penalties is probably one for Richard Horne. Giving away penalties must really be a coach killer. We see it time after time in all the games we watch. One of the Hull tries in the Cup Final was on the back of a really silly Wigan penalty.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain6No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Oct 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I used to post a lot on here but have to admit i have lost a bit of interest in the game due to various reasons. I now find that having followed the Dons home and away for many years i don't have the time to commit to it as i did previously, once you break the habit of going it's hard to get back into it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain365
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Good point Rupertbear.

After all the pre season hype from CH about " the largest budget ","going for promotion" ,"we need to get out of this division bla bla bla the season has been an embarrassing failure.
We need to face facts, we are a poor team in a poor division where the standard of rugby is bordering on amateur and we are still only a mid table side.
A team that snatches defeat from the hand of victory, with a CEO that is only too happy to tell loyal fans that its wrong to criticize when they have paid their hard earned cash to watch games thrown away through silly penalties and lack of discipline.

Crowds are dropping as people find other things to do on a Sunday, than pay £15 to watch paint dry.

I have held a season ticket since the great days at Tattersfield, but chose to pay as I went this year.
That is something I have not regretted , even though I have attended all but two home games this year , i will be doing the same next year unless I am convinced other wise.

GT was appointed as he was "The man with the knowledge of the division" and what did he bring............Poor player recruitment, boring rugby and disappointed.
CH said it was GT's team and he had nothing to do with the selection but as I see it he was the man who appointed the man that was going to ensure our trips to the rugby wilderness would be short lived.

Now all we receive is the drivel from "The dugout".

For the love of God please knock this tripe on the head because you are turning the club in to a laughing stock.
Excuse after excuse and never a straight answer given, then calling fans for voicing an opinion.
I think a job in politics beckons Mr Hall when his tenure in RL is over ,which with any luck will be after next weeks game.

Club Doncaster need to look at the Dons and decide if they want the club to move forward with a new CEO or leave it to die a slow painful death under the currant one.
Carl thanks for all you have done ,but it really is time to go.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18610No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. Thank God I'm an atheist.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22214.jpg

I like Carl ... what I question is his judgement.
I don't want him to go, I want him to stay.
But we really do need to pick better coaches ... I mean, if we got a good one, he may stay years and get us to where we want to be.
At the risk of banging on ... we haven't had a stand out coach since Ellery and possibly Paul Cooke.

Get bloody John Kear in.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain293No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I don't think anyone dislikes carl and he does take a lot of flak but most of that is brought on by himself, just look at some of his statements and targets over the last couple of years and tell me how many of those he has hit? The weekly ITD episodes are just cringeworthy with him waffling rubbish whilst somehow blaming everybody else but him, we are a broken unattractive club and attendances will only fall until something is done about it.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain365
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I will reserve judgement on RH as this is not his team and i think he deserves a season with his own players.
However looking forward, where are the next generation of supporters coming from, the clubs fan base is shrinking rapidly.
The highlights reels of the games are disheartening as we see undoubtably the best stadium in the league 95% empty, surely we can follow York and get a regular 1000 fans coming through the gate.

I enjoy a beer or two around York every now and again with work colleagues and have attended two of their home games this year when the Dons have had a free weekend or been away at the back of beyond .
They seem to go the extra mile to put bums on seats offering two for one deals and generating a good atmosphere , something that is lacking at the KM

We need to encourage more spectators and sponsors ,do we actually have anyone other than CH and his cronies in the boxes on match days?

What is wrong with giving the empty hospitality boxes to companies free or at a small charge and who knows we may pick up one or two additional sponsors along the way.

With further expansion teams muted to be joining the competition i fear we will rot and fester in this division until such a time as Club Doncaster see fit to cut us loose.

I know sports fans from the town are a fickle bunch but why the hell cant a town as big as Doncaster attract more than 500 people to watch the greatest game of all in what are fantastic facilities.

That question can only be answered by the stay away fans.
Over to you Carl

RankPostsTeam
International Star3493
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif

Quote: Keith Lard's Dog "Good point Rupertbear.

After all the pre season hype from CH about " the largest budget ","going for promotion" ,"we need to get out of this division bla bla bla the season has been an embarrassing failure.
We need to face facts, we are a poor team in a poor division where the standard of rugby is bordering on amateur and we are still only a mid table side.
A team that snatches defeat from the hand of victory, with a CEO that is only too happy to tell loyal fans that its wrong to criticize when they have paid their hard earned cash to watch games thrown away through silly penalties and lack of discipline.

Crowds are dropping as people find other things to do on a Sunday, than pay £15 to watch paint dry.

I have held a season ticket since the great days at Tattersfield, but chose to pay as I went this year.
That is something I have not regretted , even though I have attended all but two home games this year , i will be doing the same next year unless I am convinced other wise.

GT was appointed as he was "The man with the knowledge of the division" and what did he bring............Poor player recruitment, boring rugby and disappointed.
CH said it was GT's team and he had nothing to do with the selection but as I see it he was the man who appointed the man that was going to ensure our trips to the rugby wilderness would be short lived.

Now all we receive is the drivel from "The dugout".

For the love of God please knock this tripe on the head because you are turning the club in to a laughing stock.
Excuse after excuse and never a straight answer given, then calling fans for voicing an opinion.
I think a job in politics beckons Mr Hall when his tenure in RL is over ,which with any luck will be after next weeks game.

Club Doncaster need to look at the Dons and decide if they want the club to move forward with a new CEO or leave it to die a slow painful death under the currant one.
Carl thanks for all you have done ,but it really is time to go.'"

I agree that we’re probably only a mid-table side (perhaps more accurately described as a top eight team) but I don’t think the standard of rugby is poor when the top eight teams play each other. The games against the bottom half teams are often one-sided and do very little to attract fans to matches.

I understand that people have a choice of many different things to do on a Sunday. All clubs are struggling to keep their supporters. The Newcastle game was very tense with everyone on the edge of their seats most of the time. The result wasn’t the right one but the game was certainly entertaining.

I’ve had a season ticket since the bad old days at Tattersfield, which then included the great days at Tattersfield as well. I’m glad I never gave up on the club. If the loyal few of us had walked away in the late 1970s and the early 1980s there may not have been a club around in the late 80s and early 90s for everyone to enjoy. I sincerely believe that the best way to help bring success back to the club now is for us to all stick together and try to help the club move forwards.

I’m sure someone else on here called Carl a politician recently. If Carl was a politician he wouldn’t have said some of the things he’s said on In The Dugout. He would act much more diplomatically. Questions asked don’t always get thorough answers. He’s taken me to task on more than one occasion for asking what he feels are silly, inappropriate questions, but when he’s done that I’ve talked to him directly and we’ve sorted things out in a constructive and friendly way. The guy’s human and has a rant from time to time. His misdemeanours are not a hanging offence. We need to work with him to help make things better.

Here’s my overview of Carl’s performance:

It was an inspired move by Carl to bring in Paul Cooke. We finished 4th in the Championship in 2014 under PCs guidance.

A poor recruitment strategy resulted in an awful 2015 when we got relegated. Paul Cooke was voted coach of the year in 2014 and most of the fans respected him. This probably showed that even good coaches can make mistakes and get things wrong.

GT was appointed to take over the failing team but couldn’t stop us from getting relegated in 2015; the damage had already been done with poor recruitment.

GT was then correctly given a full season in charge with his own players recruited. We reached the play-offs but got soundly beaten at Barrow. It wasn’t the greatest of achievements, the rugby we were playing was quite one dimensional and boring, but we seemed to be turning a corner and had stopped the decline. GT was given another chance to rebuild for the 2017 season.

After a poor started to 2017, GT was sacked. As promotion was the aim, we were falling short of that target. I believe this was quite a decisive move by Carl and Club Doncaster.

A young, ambitious coach was brought in, someone who could probably be compared to Paul Cooke, apart from the fact that he wasn’t out there on the field guiding the team around. Richard Horne’s got experience of playing at the highest level and played in the backs. The coaches who tend to play the most attractive rugby are usually ex-backs.
It was unrealistic to expect GT to turnaround the Paul Cooke era overnight, it was similarly unrealistic to think Richard Horne could put right all the GT wrongs. He’s not been able to but it would be unfair to hold that against him.

In summary, I believe Carl has acted decisively when things have gone wrong and replaced two coaches. He made a mistake in appointing GT but we need to remember that GT had won this league with York. With hindsight, we can all see it was a bad decision.

Carl’s got things wrong with some of the things he’s said and done on In The Dugout but at least he doesn’t hide away behind his office desk. He’s always willing to talk to any of us. Other structures are being put in place off the field to help the longer-term prospects of the club.

I do not quite see how Carl seems to be the arch villain. He has done his job effectively for the most part with a few errors along the way. He remains passionate about the club and his enthusiasm to get things right seems greater now than ever before.

I do not agree with the suggestions the club is an embarrassment. The club was an embarrassment when we were being filmed for Another Bloody Sunday. The club was an embarrassment when it went bankrupt when we reached the big league. The same applies when we went into administration after the John Wright years. It was an embarrassment when Craig Harrison and his business partner pulled out after getting the club promoted.

At the moment we are under-achieving, not an embarrassment. With good recruitment in the off-season, there is no reason to believe we can’t bounce back in 2018 and be very serious contenders for promotion.

It should also be remembered that the levels of investment required for this to happen are because of Club Doncaster. If we were relying on income from gate receipts alone to fund the team, I’m sure we’d be in a much worse situation. Or maybe we could try to find a man with money who is prepared to back us until he either runs out of cash or decides to leave us in a financial black hole?

I would urge all fans to get behind Club Doncaster, Carl, and Richard Horne because we all need to be strong together. Let's make suggestions for changes and improvements and help the club get to where we all want it to be.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5506No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50774_1329287946.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50774.jpg

It's great to hear an optimistic post on what is a pessimistic subject.

I would urge Keith Lard's Dog to write to Carl personally and ask the questions to the man directly. I did and received replies to my concerns.

carl.hall@clubdoncaster.co.uk
It's great to hear an optimistic post on what is a pessimistic subject.

I would urge Keith Lard's Dog to write to Carl personally and ask the questions to the man directly. I did and received replies to my concerns.

carl.hall@clubdoncaster.co.uk

RankPostsTeam
International Star3493
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif

Here's an interesting quote from a York fan on their forum

RankPostsTeam
International Star3493
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif

Quote: sanjunien "It's great to hear an optimistic post on what is a pessimistic subject.

Good stuff Sanjunien. I'm pleased Carl answered your concerns directly. That's reassuring.
Quote: sanjunien "It's great to hear an optimistic post on what is a pessimistic subject.

Good stuff Sanjunien. I'm pleased Carl answered your concerns directly. That's reassuring.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain293No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Double Movement "Good stuff Sanjunien. I'm pleased Carl answered your concerns directly. That's reassuring.'"

I think that's the biggest problem quite a few fans including myself have emailed carl with questions over the years and the answers and solutions he gives never come to fruition, you have to understand there has to be a limit to how much spin and BS someone can come out with hence why a few have called him a politician.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3493
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif

Quote: hally's hot air "I think that's the biggest problem quite a few fans including myself have emailed carl with questions over the years and the answers and solutions he gives never come to fruition, you have to understand there has to be a limit to how much spin and BS someone can come out with hence why a few have called him a politician.'"

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve had conversations with Carl in the past that have resulted in some unsatisfactory outcomes.

On the occasions I’ve had words with him, we haven’t always been able to see eye-to-eye but fortunately we’re able to agree to differ without falling out. I’ve made suggestions that haven’t been taken on board but I respect that I might approach something from an ideological point of view, whilst Carl and the club probably have to see it from a more practical point of view.

If some of my ideas are implemented I’m more than happy.

Like you, I passionately believe in the Dons. They’ve played a big part in my life and I love rugby league. I do believe that the more we can all try to work together, the better our chances are of achieving the best we can for the club.

59 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
59 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.3701171875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford H
DSJ1983
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
Recent
Film game
Wanderer
Recent
Sheffield A
ChinaBull
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
23s
Hull KR H
Geese
26s
Saints h
Zig
42s
TV games not Wire
rubber ducki
43s
Sheffield A
ChinaBull
43s
Hudds
Deadcowboys1
1m
Reserves Grand Final
RobRiches
1m
2025 Principal Kit
tad rhino
1m
Whitehaven
PopTart
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Play-offs
Septimius Se
TODAY
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Play offs
workforce11
TODAY
George Williams
Howfenwire
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off London Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Salford Close In On The Play Offs As Dragons Crisis Continues
RLFANS News
TODAY
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Staying down after head contact
The games af
TODAY
Broncos Ladies
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
OT players staying down but staying on after treatment
djcool
TODAY
Hull live/Tomlinson
jimmyfivebel
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
Alffi_7
TODAY
New England RL shirt
The Curtism
TODAY
Reserves Grand Final
RobRiches
TODAY
Shareholder meetings
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth After Defeating Castleford Tigers
RLFANS News
TODAY
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six After Destroying Hull FC
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 2,904 80,11314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 13th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R28
10:50
Penrith
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R26
20:00
Leigh
v
Hull KR
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Leeds
 Sat 14th Sep
07:05
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
York V
St.HelensW
v
BarrowW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Salford
       Championship 2024-R26
Barrow
v
Whitehaven
Bradford
v
Batley
Dewsbury
v
Swinton
Doncaster
v
Widnes
Featherstone
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Halifax
Catalans
v
LondonB
 Sun 15th Sep
07:05
Canterbury
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
12:00
WiganW
v
LeedsW
Hudds W
v
Wire W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
SL
Wigan-Salford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 8th Sep
SL 25 Huddersfield22-16LondonB
WSL2024 13 LeedsW52-12FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 13 BarrowW24-4Hudds W
WSL2024 13 WiganW12-16York V
CH 25 Batley0-38Doncaster
CH 25 Halifax34-6Dewsbury
CH 25 Sheffield12-30Bradford
CH 25 Swinton28-8Featherstone
CH 25 Wakefield60-6Whitehaven
CH 25 Widnes6-12York
NRL 27 Manly20-40Cronulla
NRL 27 Newcastle14-6Dolphins
Sat 7th Sep
SL 25 Warrington16-2St.Helens
SL 25 Salford27-12Catalans
WSL2024 13 Wire W0-98St.HelensW
CH 25 Barrow24-36Toulouse
NRL 27 St.George24-26Canberra
NRL 27 Canterbury6-44NQL Cowboys
NRL 27 Penrith18-12Gold Coast
Fri 6th Sep
SL 25 Castleford12-34Leigh
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 25 619 336 283 40
Hull KR 25 669 311 358 38
Warrington 25 618 319 299 36
Salford 25 492 479 13 30
Leigh 25 548 362 186 29
St.Helens 25 544 366 178 28

Leeds 25 514 424 90 28
Catalans 25 439 415 24 26
Huddersfield 25 434 582 -148 18
Castleford 25 411 661 -250 15
Hull FC 25 320 812 -492 6
LondonB 25 309 850 -541 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 23 872 252 620 44
Bradford 23 602 359 243 30
Toulouse 22 624 322 302 29
Widnes 23 499 403 96 27
York 24 609 419 190 26
Featherstone 23 560 452 108 26

Sheffield 23 574 466 108 26
Doncaster 23 440 513 -73 21
Halifax 23 457 579 -122 20
Batley 23 364 497 -133 20