JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Steve they Sheffield always have had good sponsors over the years.We seem to be doing a lot better regarding match & player sponsorship of late.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3493
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif
:disney/00035.gif

We took a chance on Paul Cooke because we, the fans, were prepared to put our hands in our pockets to fund his wages, and we're still doing so. If we'd not done that, he wouldn't be at the club.

We'd all love the club to speculate to accumulate but it would do us no good to speculate and go bust. The club can't afford to promise wages to someone in the hope the crowds will increase to cover those costs. It's too risky.

The only way I can see the club being able to do something like this is if the RFL get their act together, get a main sponsor that invests significant money, and that money is then more evenly distributed amongst all clubs, including those in our league.

This will give the game the shot in the arm that it needs, and probably help get old supporters back, although there are plenty of things we can do collectively to help move us forwards.

The links between players and fans are very important. People support football clubs because they have "heroes". Super League clubs have heroes for their fans. We're lacking in that department at the moment and I'm sure that holds us back.

One simple thing that I feel the club can do to help, is to have the subs benches on the same side of the pitch as the fans. When players come on and off we can applaud them, they'll give us a wave, and it helps to link us all together.

At the moment, players go on and come off and nobody notices, with announcements quite often happening some time after the substitution has been made.

It would cost nothing to do this and would bring us all closer together.

Match day prices are a tricky business. £15 is a lot of money but if the cost was dropped, would more people come along, or would it create a problem rather than solve one?

Issues such as parking costs and travel problems are areas that should be looked into, as they certainly don't help the club.

As mentioned earlier, I fear many of the problems are chicken and egg. We need more support to move forwards but the supporters want success and changes before they will come to watch us.

Personally, as long as I can afford to go, I'll be there supporting the Dons. I don't attach any strings. I'm proud of Doncaster, proud of the Dons, and feel I'm doing my bit to help all the people who bust a gut to keep the show on the road for us.

I hope we can do something to help entice the old fans back. It is important that everyone is listened to because collectively we can build Doncaster into a better team.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3248
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

All the teams outside of the SL need to be concerned about there home attendance of the nine championship games played yesterday the attendances at the following games were lower than the Dons
Batley 450
Hunslet 432
South Wales 305
Gloucester 103
Rochdale 451

Which tends to make you think the product is wrong.

Some of the reasons I don't go to games anymore

Scrums are a disgrace

Feeding the scrums a joke

Far to much kicking of the ball straight in to opponents hands

Five drives & a kick and hunt the mistake.

They have taken a lot individual skill out of the game.

Wave your leg at the play the ball if you don't make contact with the ball its considered okay as you attempted to play the ball.

Referees inconsistent with their decisions.

If the RFL sort out most of the above I may consider to start watching the sport again

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner8045
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Cannot see you coming back then Geoff.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3248
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: weighman "Cannot see you coming back then Geoff.'"

Correct

RankPostsTeam
International Star3No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2013Jul 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

There is nothing wrong with product on show especially at the keepmoat , yes we don't win every week but neither do fev , the difference is media coverage , the West Yorkshire teams all get coverage on bbc radio Leeds , Sheffield , trax, Hallam ect do nothing for us (or the Eagles) there's next to nothing in the local papers , which potentially reach thousand of homes it all creates a sense of and interest and gets people talking. promotion and religation will help a small degree in that senses ,if it is communicated properly to the floating fans. I agree that the rfl need to do more too interms of bringing the games back to the people, that fact you can only see a handful of games for free on the bbc and if you want to watch our league you have to pay even more on top of your sky subscription , it's crazy !! People want sport put in front of them in their faces as there is that much on tv .

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4112
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[b:34z93omz][url=http://www.donsstats.co.uk:34z93omz]http://www.donsstats.co.uk[/url:34z93omz][/b:34z93omz] - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day. [b:34z93omz][color=#000000:34z93omz]"Lost the battle, lost the war Lost the things worth living for Lost the will to win the fight One more pill to kill the pain"[/color:34z93omz][/b:34z93omz] - Michael Burnett:

Trax have been good in the past, but I've not heard anything from them in ages (although, they seem to be far more focussed on Donny Rovers), Radio Sheffield have been decent when they've had chance to, but with 5 professional football teams to deal with in South Yorkshire, we are far down the list of clubs to deal with for them. I don't really think Hallam FM know we exist either.

One thing I have noticed is that the majority of the Dons photos and stuff have disappeared from around the corridors of the ground, having been replaced with photos of Rovers latest 'success' (I wonder if that will be replaced with photos of their next relegation?). The local print media try their hardest to give us a fair ride, but, again, they have to deal with several other sporting teams around Doncaster and the local region.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3248
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

If the product is so good & the local media are partly to blame for not promoting the Dons why are the crowds down & so low at the majority of all the other championship teams?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4112
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[b:34z93omz][url=http://www.donsstats.co.uk:34z93omz]http://www.donsstats.co.uk[/url:34z93omz][/b:34z93omz] - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day. [b:34z93omz][color=#000000:34z93omz]"Lost the battle, lost the war Lost the things worth living for Lost the will to win the fight One more pill to kill the pain"[/color:34z93omz][/b:34z93omz] - Michael Burnett:

General malaise? Pricing? Or just being fed up with the product on offer? For the first time in a long time, both Challenge Cup semis failed to sell out this weekend as well.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach434No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016May 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13319.jpg
:13319.jpg

It right annoys me that the newspapers always put rovers on the back page especially wen ther not even playing we shud have the limelight for a change.

I do think rugby league needs to bring promotion/reglation bak it makes the game more exciting, ive only been a Dons fan for bout 10 years but how gud wo it wen relagated teams like castleford came to visit i can remember them coming to belle vue think our first league game that season n over 3000 ppl ther and didnt lose by that much not like wen they came to keepmoat couple years later n thrashed us : (

I do think tho we need to improve the match day experience like sumtimes u come into the stadium n it just silence no music or ote. The music needs to b better more upbeat songs and not just todays music. Dont know if this wud b possible but wen its a nice day having tables n chairs outside the stadium b4 u come in n having sumthin like a bottle bar simular to wot thet got a batley?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4112
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: spikeiscool "
I do think tho we need to improve the match day experience like sumtimes u come into the stadium n it just silence no music or ote. The music needs to b better more upbeat songs and not just todays music.'"

A lot of the time, it depends on who is up in the box. I'd put all sorts on if I had the chance, but then again, I've got a weird taste in music.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1304No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64156_1430988287.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64156.gif

Most people arrive within 15-20 mins before kick off , by then players are on the pitch, so anything that is put on as pre match entertainment would need to be away from the playing field, and with so few in the stadium up until that time would probably be a waste. They tried with a veterans match before the sheffield game last season, hardly any there, and because of pitch wear, i would guess that having the under 18s playing as a prelude would be a non starter. Most go to watch the game, then leave. Kids entertainment might get more in, but costs in outlay first. I would guess that being tied to the stadium doesn't help much, as regards what can be made in revenue from food/drink. Like others i think a lot of it is down to media coverage, but you can't force them to give it. If there was a simple answer every club would do it.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3493
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif
:disney/00035.gif

It's a much more competitive world now than it was years ago.

People have far more choice with what to do with their time and I'm sure that many people pay their Sky Sports subscription and stay at home to watch sport instead of seeing it live.

We can't necessarily conclude that the rugby league product is the sole cause of declining attendances. It's the competition it faces from elsewhere.

It seemed like a poor decision from the RFL to allow television coverage of our league to leave Sky. The end result is that it is the die-hard fans who will pay more yet again, whilst this coverage won't attract any new supporters to the game.

Exposure through the various means, newspapers, radio, tv, etc, is critical and we're not winning the battle on that front.

One of the ways forward, and I hope the RL are listening, is for them to team up with Sky and create a dedicated sports channel for our sport, as they've done with motor racing. They should cover all the leagues and feature the amateur game too.

This would be the best single platform we could have to promote the game. It might seem ambitious but these are the type of initiatives the leaders of the game need to be looking at.

Doing this would help attract a large blue chip company to sponsor the game and in turn it would generate more income to be filtered down from the top.

There are no easy answers. The clubs and the RFL have to work together. Clubs can help shape their own future to a degree but the RFL are the key players in where the games goes to next.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator17977
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2911.jpg
:2911.jpg

Quote: Donsfan12 "There is nothing wrong with product on show especially at the keepmoat , yes we don't win every week but neither do fev , the difference is media coverage , the West Yorkshire teams all get coverage on bbc radio Leeds , Sheffield , trax, Hallam ect do nothing for us (or the Eagles) there's next to nothing in the local papers , which potentially reach thousand of homes it all creates a sense of and interest and gets people talking. promotion and religation will help a small degree in that senses ,if it is communicated properly to the floating fans. I agree that the rfl need to do more too interms of bringing the games back to the people, that fact you can only see a handful of games for free on the bbc and if you want to watch our league you have to pay even more on top of your sky subscription , it's crazy !! People want sport put in front of them in their faces as there is that much on tv .'"

Welcome to the forum...good start!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2390
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Donny "General malaise? Pricing? Or just being fed up with the product on offer? For the first time in a long time, both Challenge Cup semis failed to sell out this weekend as well.'"

Cant remember the last time CC semis sold out

72 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
72 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.68408203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
10m
Film game
Boss Hog
23m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
36m
Rumours thread
Khlav Kalash
44m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
chapylad
Recent
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
Recent
Planning for next season
Jack Gaskell
Recent
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Exeter Rhino
Recent
Leigh it is
Warrior Wing
Recent
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
MorePlaymake
50s
Planning for next season
Jack Gaskell
59s
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
1m
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
1m
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
2m
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
2m
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
karetaker
6m
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
7m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Cokey
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Chris71
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
karetaker
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
Warrior Wing
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
TODAY
Must do better
Wires71
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,134 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22