JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. Thank God I'm an atheist.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22214.jpg

Quote: Double Movement "I'm not here to defend Richard Horne's actions. I'm here to pass on my opinions, not defend anyone.

I did previously say that we should judge Richard Horne after he's had the chance to put a team together of his own and I stand by that. I'll draw my conclusions at the end of the season. If you want to draw your conclusions now, then that's your choice.

Yes, I have been disappointed by Ryan Boyle's contributions going forward as we need tackle busters that can continue to make yards after impact. He hasn't been able to do that. Defensively he's seems sound enough. I can't comment on the contributions he makes as captain as I'm not out there on the pitch.

I do think you're being rather harsh in your conclusion that there is nothing good to say about Richard Horne. We're trying to play an attractive entertaining brand of rugby. Surely that's an improvement on the drive it down the middle approach we had in the past?'"

I don't remember saying there was nothing good to say about RH ... I was merely referring to the matter of Ryan Boyle and his continued selection and indeed his recruitment ... but that part is in hindsight granted.
This runs counter to my kind of logic.
Although running things from my armchair is a piece of cake and RH has the hard bit to do.
It can't be easy.

I haven't got time to wait until the final whistle to make judgements I prefer continual assessment ... but do admit to being hard to please.

Did he make a difference last season?
No!

As he got us to where we want to be thus far?
Nearly ... but there are shades of deja vu in that just like last season when push comes to shove he can't deliver in tight matches.

I like his attacking notions ... but then he was an attacking player.

But we aren't a force are we?
That's what I want, but realise it probably ain't gonna happen for a while.

Things could be a whole lot worse so things are passable.
I can't get any more revved up than that ... sorry!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3181
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Pollsters doing Excellent job - say recent polls.:

With the exception of McNally at FB, that was probably our strongest side. Kear doesn't seem to be using DR much - we learnt that lesson last year that the power is with the senior club. We've got 2 from Giants & 1 from Cas on season long loans (with recall option, but can't have everything). We picked up Laithewaite from Toronto & Hitchcox from Cas on 1 month loans 2 weeks ago. We're running a full reserves side but Kear hasn't transferred many of them into the first team squad yet.
But from chatter over the last week, Kear prepared Bulls for a top of the table clash. Focus, build pressure, high completion rate, minimise errors, squeeze the life out of you. He wanted to lay down a marker. And until York did that with the scoreboard, the prize on offer was top of the table.
We've West Wales at home on Sunday. We'll see what we can do. Kear wants us to be ruthless....

The Sneyd/Abdull thing was unlucky for you. Must have disrupted things. Because I saw one of your halves was subbed just after halftime - that doesn't happen very often.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18610No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. Thank God I'm an atheist.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22214.jpg

Quote: Highlander "With the exception of McNally at FB, that was probably our strongest side. Kear doesn't seem to be using DR much - we learnt that lesson last year that the power is with the senior club. We've got 2 from Giants & 1 from Cas on season long loans (with recall option, but can't have everything). We picked up Laithewaite from Toronto & Hitchcox from Cas on 1 month loans 2 weeks ago. We're running a full reserves side but Kear hasn't transferred many of them into the first team squad yet.
But from chatter over the last week, Kear prepared Bulls for a top of the table clash. Focus, build pressure, high completion rate, minimise errors, squeeze the life out of you. He wanted to lay down a marker. And until York did that with the scoreboard, the prize on offer was top of the table.
We've West Wales at home on Sunday. We'll see what we can do. Kear wants us to be ruthless....

The Sneyd/Abdull thing was unlucky for you. Must have disrupted things. Because I saw one of your halves was subbed just after halftime - that doesn't happen very often.'"

Bradford were superior in most if not all departments and thoroughly deserved their win.
Strongest side or not I think you would win 9 times out of 10 against that side of ours put out on Sunday.
The week previously we put in a much better performance against Fev and Bradford were no better than them, but Bradford's style of play was very good and you could beat Fev unlike us.
Warrington had blasted Bradford the week before ... so although you are good Championship material ... you ain't Super league standard.
So that was what hurt ... you demolished Doncaster and since it takes two to tango ... that also says that Donny were pretty rubbish.
We did some great defence ... mainly because we had to but our attack was indeed rubbish and that is Horne's forte.
Let's be honest that score flattered Doncaster since Bradford bombed around three more tries.
They could have posted 50.
So very deflating.
Good luck go on and pip York for the title ....

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18610No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg

Anyone notice that the manner of defeat matched our recent defeat performances?

We cocked up straight from the kick off, we needed an invitation to play until we woke up after ten minutes, gave penalties away as our only contribtion, did a mini fight back and then collapsed.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain365
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

By the looks of things Jack Miller was a late call up to the squad given the injury to Abdull.

Obviously his preparation cant have been great................, and boy did it show in what must be the worst game of his Dons career.

Harris also had a mare , and after his defensive display i would have been surprise to see him tackle his post match meal as that would have been the only one he made all day.

Bradford played well, however our lack of enthusiasm always had us coming up short.
I feel if we had served up the Featherstone display it would have been a much tighter affair.
London wont be a cake walk and with tough trips to come away from home ,im sure our small squad will come under more stresses and strains before seasons end.

Two big hard running props are a must if we are to see promotion this year.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3493
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif
:disney/00035.gif

Quote: Stand-Offish "I don't remember saying there was nothing good to say about RH ... '"

To be fair, you have actually said much worse in the recent past.
Quote: Stand-Offish "
I haven't got time to wait until the final whistle to make judgements I prefer continual assessment ... but do admit to being hard to please. '"

We're all hard to please because we all want to win every game by plenty, beat up every team in the league, never give away silly penalties, be top of the league, and secure promotion by June.

Sport isn't like that, well hardly ever unless you're Toronto.

Of course that doesn't mean you should stop trying to do the things I mentioned, you should. Achieving them is just a damn sight harder than just wanting them.
Quote: Stand-Offish ". But we aren't a force are we?
That's what I want, but realise it probably ain't gonna happen for a while.

Things could be a whole lot worse so things are passable.
I can't get any more revved up than that ... sorry!'"

We're not the best team in the league, Bradford are. From what we saw on Sunday they deserve to go up automatically. Good luck to them. Their fans deserve some success after all the turmoil they've been through over recent times. And well done to the fans for sticking by them in such large numbers.

After dreaming that we might be clear best, we've got to be realistic and say that we're likely to be a top five side. Our focus has got to be to make sure we stay in the top five, learn from the mistakes we've made, and do everything we can to peak for the play-offs.

I appreciate that you can't get any more revved up than you are because of what has happened. That's down to the type of person you are. Please don't treat that as a criticism, it's not; it's an observation. We're all made differently. There's nothing wrong in that.

Personally, I try to keep a more balanced view. There are a lot of other teams' fans in this league that have reasons to be less satisfied than Dons' fans. We're still in there fighting and a lot can happen between now and the end of the season. When you get knocked down, you have to get back up again and try to do better. That's where we're at now.

With a few tweaks and perhaps a couple more props, I don't see any reason why we can't beat York and the rest to the second promotion place.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator100124No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif
:Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif

A common theme developing here, how many of us have pointed out (some of us on more than one occasion) that the squad is two decent props short.

Regrettably, the 'company line' from the RH and CH is that we have a balanced squad with no further signings necessary.

I have no personal axe to grind with either and I can accept us not being top of the league and not beating Bradford, but what I can't accept is that we don't need to recruit a couple of decent prop forwards.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain365
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Other than Osbourne it doesn't look like we are going to see any front rowers from Hull.

We are more likely going to use back rowers as additional props.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain293No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wanderer "A common theme developing here, how many of us have pointed out (some of us on more than one occasion) that the squad is two decent props short.

Regrettably, the 'company line' from the RH and CH is that we have a balanced squad with no further signings necessary.

I have no personal axe to grind with either and I can accept us not being top of the league and not beating Bradford, but what I can't accept is that we don't need to recruit a couple of decent prop forwards.'"

We have stubborn people at our club who even if they now do realise were short up front won't admit there wrong, It's become a us vs you scenario and while they say they entertain ideas and feedback from the fans every question sent into the itd is treated with arrogance and distain. I'm with you that 2 hard running mobile props will give us a great chance promotion but saying the fans were right is not in carl's vocabulary.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain365
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20177 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The Dug out is an absolute joke , a grinning goon who must have taken his media training with Diane Abbott.

When asked a tough genuine question ,we are given the stupid faces, the ear twiddling and then avoidance by saying the questioner has no Rugby knowledge.

Please........... if you are not going to answer fans legitimate points and concerns ,then ditch this waste of resources and focus on the job you are paid to do instead of pretending you are a replacement for Nigel Wood.

I can't wait for the Rovers addition , when Gavin Baldwin sits in front of the camera and says how sh#te the Rovers have been all season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18610No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg

Quote: Double Movement "To be fair, you have actually said much worse in the recent past.
We're all hard to please because we all want to win every game by plenty, beat up every team in the league, never give away silly penalties, be top of the league, and secure promotion by June.

Sport isn't like that, well hardly ever unless you're Toronto.

Of course that doesn't mean you should stop trying to do the things I mentioned, you should. Achieving them is just a damn sight harder than just wanting them.
We're not the best team in the league, Bradford are. From what we saw on Sunday they deserve to go up automatically. Good luck to them. Their fans deserve some success after all the turmoil they've been through over recent times. And well done to the fans for sticking by them in such large numbers.

After dreaming that we might be clear best, we've got to be realistic and say that we're likely to be a top five side. Our focus has got to be to make sure we stay in the top five, learn from the mistakes we've made, and do everything we can to peak for the play-offs.

I appreciate that you can't get any more revved up than you are because of what has happened. That's down to the type of person you are. Please don't treat that as a criticism, it's not; it's an observation. We're all made differently. There's nothing wrong in that.

Personally, I try to keep a more balanced view. There are a lot of other teams' fans in this league that have reasons to be less satisfied than Dons' fans. We're still in there fighting and a lot can happen between now and the end of the season. When you get knocked down, you have to get back up again and try to do better. That's where we're at now.

With a few tweaks and perhaps a couple more props, I don't see any reason why we can't beat York and the rest to the second promotion place.'"

I do have a balanced view thank you!
And my balanced view tells me that my early season enthusiasm was unfounded.
I shall treat each home game as a day out now and see what we get.

It matters not that you are optimistic it only matters that the management do something!

To say that we are two props off beating York is to admit what everyone can see but the management ... the very same management which you have stated that you are happy with!
You can't have it both ways!

They created this situation ... why should we not question that and their competence?

We can always hope for the best ... as if that ever brought home the bacon!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18610No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg

On a separate tack ... when will we see a crowd of 2,780 again?
I will be long gone ...
In itself not a bad thing.
lol

RankPostsTeam
Moderator17977
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2911.jpg
:2911.jpg

By the reckoning of that attendance that stand could have held nearly twice as many as it was...where?

RankPostsTeam
International Star3493
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif
:disney/00035.gif

Quote: Stand-Offish "
To say that we are two props off beating York is to admit what everyone can see but the management ... the very same management which you have stated that you are happy with!
You can't have it both ways!
'"

Things are not always black or white in my world. I support Richard Horne and Carl Hall and I am generally happy with what they're doing but it doesn't mean that I always agree with everything they say and do.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18610No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg

Is that Japanese?

177 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
177 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.71337890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
Boss Hog
15m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Lower Crease
27m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
BP1
33m
Proposed rule changes 2025
tad rhino
34m
Man of Steel
matt_wire
35m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
35m
Rumours thread
vastman
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
Recent
Best Semi
Fourpointtry
Recent
2025 membership/renewals
BP1
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
32s
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
33s
Best Semi
Fourpointtry
36s
Film game
Boss Hog
47s
Recruitment rumours and links
MorePlaymake
1m
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
2m
Season 2024
tomtom84
2m
Planning for next season
Jack Gaskell
2m
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
Barstool Pre
3m
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Best Semi
Fourpointtry
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Lower Crease
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
tad rhino
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
BP1
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +13,066 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22