JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Donny "So, which is it?Perhaps nothing is going on and its all a figment of certain peoples imaginations? Perhaps we've been invaded by lizard people, and they've started at the Keepmoat? Perhaps we'll never know, as the club don't have to disclose anything....'"

Are you on something or just plain blind to the current situation. There was a board meeting this week at which Hall was told funds are available to strengthen the team so one might have thought he would mention in this week's "In the Dugout" that he or Cooke are looking at bringing players in. Instead we are told Baldwin was at the Sheffield game and he is a rugby fan. Great news. Baldwin said if Sheffield are the benchmark the Dons are not far off.Well to be honest I don't think Sheffield are the benchmark and I don't think they were at their best on Wednesday.It is just so annoying to keep hearing the same old comment "We are almost there" as if winning the next game is a solution to the problem. We should be looking to win not just the next game but several more thereafter but even if each and every player gives 150% they are just not good enough to do that this season.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4112
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[b:34z93omz][url=http://www.donsstats.co.uk:34z93omz]http://www.donsstats.co.uk[/url:34z93omz][/b:34z93omz] - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day. [b:34z93omz][color=#000000:34z93omz]"Lost the battle, lost the war Lost the things worth living for Lost the will to win the fight One more pill to kill the pain"[/color:34z93omz][/b:34z93omz] - Michael Burnett:

Quote: Tatty Feeld "Are you on something or just plain blind to the current situation. There was a board meeting this week at which Hall was told funds are available to strengthen the team so one might have thought he would mention in this week's "In the Dugout" that he or Cooke are looking at bringing players in. '"
The board meeting was last week, and this was made reference to in last weeks In The Dugout
Quote: Tatty Feeld "Instead we are told Baldwin was at the Sheffield game and he is a rugby fan. Great news.'"
It probably is great news that Baldwin is a rugby fan
Quote: Tatty Feeld " Baldwin said if Sheffield are the benchmark the Dons are not far off.Well to be honest I don't think Sheffield are the benchmark and I don't think they were at their best on Wednesday.'"
I think some of the things Sheffield have achieved off the pitch is a good way of looking to model ourselves on. Whether or not the on field product is one to try and mirror, I do not know. They weren't at their best last night.
Quote: Tatty Feeld "It is just so annoying to keep hearing the same old comment "We are almost there" as if winning the next game is a solution to the problem. We should be looking to win not just the next game but several more thereafter but even if each and every player gives 150% they are just not good enough to do that this season.'"

There are 1 or 2 players that I was surprised we kept on for this season, but at the same time, I feel that once we get 'over the line' for the first win, we will see the confidence of the players improve greatly. I spend a lot of the time on a matchday around the squad, and the atmosphere over this last couple of matches within the dressing room has been completely different to how it was at the start of the season, I feel that the influx of younger players over the winter months into a squad where everyone knew their place has probably stifled it a bit. Whether this can be used as an excuse, I do not know.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1443
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

If Baldwin is a big rugby fan why is this his first match then.
As for the dugout back to square one, well carry on with these players cos they're trying.
That's not going to keep us up.
As ever one else fed up of hearing the same things each week.
Good luck to the lads for Monday.

RankPostsTeam
International Star34No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Tatty Feeld "The latest In the Dugout says it all which is we are going nowhere. Now Even Carl Hall is coming out with the same old Cookey crap of we are getting there and even the big boss Gavin Baldwin thinks so too. Funny I thought Carl Hall was the boss. Nothing about strengthening the team to get us up the table,just we will see what happens on Monday cause the boys will get us there.No one can fault the lads on the pitch who are giving everything,Mitch Clark couldn't have given any more,he was immense. But they are just not good enough in a number of positions. What the hell is going on at the club?'"

There are plenty of Dons players who are good enough and more. Some were approached by other clubs prior to the season starting but they believed in the future plans of this club. I totally agree that at the moment the right combination of players has not been found yet and some players aren't up to standard...yet.

Not sure if DR or new signings is the answer but be assured we have plenty of talented players who could get places with higher placed clubs in the new season, we need to retain them and get more on board so need to start shopping now!

RankPostsTeam
International Star3493
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif
:disney/00035.gif

I can understand the frustrations of those who believe the club aren't doing enough to get us out of the mess we're in. I can also see the point of view that we're getting nearer to our best as each game passes.

I made a post on the Dons v Eagles thread: "The situation that we find ourselves in is that if we play to our absolute best, remain squeaky clean in all areas, have a high completion rate, we may possibly win, but we probably need the other team to not perform to their best.

An example of this was in the Batley game. They were slightly off their game in the first half and we got in front. Once they got their act together, they threatened us with their pace and came out on top.

Why is this? The quality of the players in other teams is superior to ours."

We did really well to finish fourth last season but we won some tight games through guts and endeavour. Guts and endeavour won't go as far against the better quality teams we're playing this season and this is finding us out. Even if we do continue to improve further (after getting better in the last two games) who can we realistically beat in this league?

We have some decent players in our side and I don't like to be critical of them because I have great respect for them but we need an injection of class soon.

With the squad we've got, we may be able to beat Workington and Whitehaven, but are we good enough to beat the likes of Hunslet, Dewsbury and London Broncos? The rest of the teams in the league would really have to have an off day for us to beat them, whilst we'd need to play out of our skin.

With the current squad I believe we may finish third from bottom if we can get the better of the Cumbrian clubs in our games against them. But I'd hope our aspirations are to do better than that ... but we need some new faces for that to be a realistic possibility.

I don't want to castigate the club for the policy they took to recruit youngsters because they believed it was the right thing to do at the time. In life, we all make mistakes but when we do make mistakes, we need to learn from them and move forwards.

Option 1) Stay as we are and battle bravely to try to finish third from bottom
Option 2) Bring in some quality players to help us compete with the other teams in the bottom half of the table in the hope we can get above teams such as Hunslet.

If Hunslet are the benchmark for the quality of a fourth from bottom team, the evidence from the two games we've played against them shows they're clearly better than us at the moment.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4112
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[b:34z93omz][url=http://www.donsstats.co.uk:34z93omz]http://www.donsstats.co.uk[/url:34z93omz][/b:34z93omz] - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day. [b:34z93omz][color=#000000:34z93omz]"Lost the battle, lost the war Lost the things worth living for Lost the will to win the fight One more pill to kill the pain"[/color:34z93omz][/b:34z93omz] - Michael Burnett:

Quick question...

If the club was achieving every target, would people be as quick to praise Club Doncaster as they have been to slag it off??

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3248
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Donny "Quick question...

If the club was achieving every target, would people be as quick to praise Club Doncaster as they have been to slag it off??'"

Quick word....

Accelerate

RankPostsTeam
Moderator99984No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif
:Fish/PDT_Fish_35.gif

Whitehaven have conceded 100 points in their last 2 matches ... opportunity knocks.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3185No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2018May 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/PDT13.gif
Brad Fitler "If the ref's decision decides your game. You haven't done enough prior." Referees are like women, they make snap decisions and never reverse them. [b]Littlerich wrote[/b] Widnes will be glad to get away from Leigh. They've been regularly pumped, roasted and left in the alley-way by the lobbygobblers. Talk about being bitched - what a torrid time they've had. They'll be looking for some A&E rest time for the next three years at least.:simpsons/PDT13.gif

Quote: Wanderer "Whitehaven have conceded 100 points in their last 2 matches ... opportunity knocks.'"

And not scored any

RankPostsTeam
International Star94
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016Jul 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
White Backgrounds/Statler.gif
:White Backgrounds/Statler.gif

We're a third of the way through the season there's still time to pull it round as in 2013 but it's still not good enough for some people, yes we haven't won yet but we still need to back the team all the way or where they going to get the confidence from to win while we stand around ripping them let's face it I'd just turn and tell the moaners to do 1 it's not doing the team any favours is it, they will read this crap

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach890No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2017Dec 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10487_1393075629.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_10487.jpg

If someone from the club ever told a fan or fans to "do one" then I'd never attend a Dons match again.

Fans are entitled to voice an opinion, that is the whole point of this forum.

The club and fans do need to interact and work together though. Unfortunately some of the match day decision taken this year have left me feeling like the fans are seen as an hinderance to the club rather than an ally. We need more than just attending and watching from the stands to keep fans invested in supporting the club.

I know people who have gone from being die hard home and away fans, who stuck with the club through the clubs various financial difficulties and would normally watch whether the dons were winning or losing, who have now lost interested in even attending home matches. I feel that way too to some extent.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3493
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif

It's a tough job running a club like the Dons and they're never going to be able to please all of us all of the time but certain things annoy us that could quite easily be put right. If they're not put right, the fans start to feel detached from the club. A detached fan is much more likely not to attend games and give up on the club. Every fan is vital to this club and we can't afford to lose any.

The In The Dugout with Carl is a very good idea but the fact that no club representative is prepared to invest time by answering questions on here is very poor. If the club want the supporters to be more involved with the club generally, they can start by coming on here and addressing the issues and concerns raised. After all this is the main forum for Dons' supporters. We can't have a fans' forum at the Keepmoat every week but we can have a constant communication between the fans and club on here!!!

Communication is a key element in running any business. The Dons could help themselves a great deal if they improved in this area.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4112
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Double Movement ".. no club representative is prepared to invest time by answering questions on here is very poor. If the club want the supporters to be more involved with the club generally, they can start by coming on here and addressing the issues and concerns raised. After all this is the main forum for Dons' supporters. We can't have a fans' forum at the Keepmoat every week but we can have a constant communication between the fans and club on here!!!
.'"

I've spoken to Carl about this subject last weekend, and he said that he won't come on himself, as the last time he was on here, he got very drunk one evening and decided to go off on one at some fans. I know the club are aware of what is said on here, but at the same time, I couldn't get an answer to whether or not someone would be prepared to come on here from the club in some capacity, but I feel that this could be due to the rather vocal posters on here who do not like the way that the club/Club Doncaster are running things.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3493
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif

Quote: Donny "I've spoken to Carl about this subject last weekend, and he said that he won't come on himself, as the last time he was on here, he got very drunk one evening and decided to go off on one at some fans. I know the club are aware of what is said on here, but at the same time, I couldn't get an answer to whether or not someone would be prepared to come on here from the club in some capacity, but I feel that this could be due to the rather vocal posters on here who do not like the way that the club/Club Doncaster are running things.'"

Thanks for the update, Donny.

We do tend to split into two groups on here: People who support Club Doncaster and people who don't. Those of us who do support Club Doncaster end up trying to answer questions from those who don't support Club Doncaster when we can't answer them properly because we don't have enough knowledge of the internal workings of Club Doncaster. Answers from the club would be helpful although I appreciate that balance sheets and other sensitive information couldn't be revealed.

Issues such as supporters being allowed in the restaurant and car parking issues recently raised could be dealt with quite easily.

I think the club is missing an ideal opportunity to show itself up in a good light with supporters by not having a representative on here.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4112
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

I've not heard the car parking one...

151 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
151 posts in 11 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.939453125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC