JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. Thank God I'm an atheist.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22214.jpg

Well what do we think about this one?
It looks winnable on the face of it, but something tells me we had better get ready for more disappointment.
Might go ... I like the set up at Hunslet, but I don't think the person who designed the ground layout was a sun lover, the stand is the wrong side and like a fridge.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain235No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp049.gif
:simpsons/simp049.gif

Who thought just 4 games into the season this game would have a massive impact on the campaign? i still believe in cookey and the longer he is here the stronger dons will become but winning breeds confidence so stuff the performance its all about the win COYD

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach18610No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22214_1285226877.jpg
War does not determine who is right - only who is left. Thank God I'm an atheist.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_22214.jpg

Cooke has a bad knee cut that hasn't been given the chance to heal.
He needs to rest it ... so I think it would be foolish if he turned out.
So fairly rudderless unless Wilko is back or some Hull body.
Not good.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1304No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
64156_1430988287.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_64156.gif

Not exactly a "must win" game just yet, but ,no disrespect to Hunslet , it's games like these on the road we really should be winning. It's been a tough start but now is the time for some points on the board. The longer it goes on the more difficult it will become. I'm firmly in the Dons win camp this week........i hope!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain257No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It's now official.Cooke says there is a lack of personnel,experience and guidance. Well that's what crap close season recruiting does for you.
As for the Hunslet game, not a chance. I might be pessimistic but when you have supported the team since the sixties and seen many a crisis,it's easy to spot another. This one is mainly down to the amalgamation with the Rovers. Ok it's brought some improvement on the commercial side but as for the team,forget it because it was the Rovers who pulled the plug on team strengthening.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2216
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6027.gif
:6027.gif

It does seem now that PC has admitted that we are lacking in experience in certain key positions and injuries haven't helped the cause as well as signing player who are crocked already.

I think the Hunslet game is a MUST win as loosing can become a habit that is hard to shake, withing jumping in two early and being overly negative or a "moaner" I think if we do suffer a defeat to the hands of Hunslet some serious questions need to be asked at all levels of the Dons infrastructure as to whats going wrong.

Sundays result wasnt unexpected and it seems the team played with a bit more effort and togetherness but were outplayed by a very well drilled Leigh side. Sunday is a chance for the club and PC to prove they are taking the team in the right direction, as we are supposed to have improved as a squad since last year and Hunslet are a promoted side this should be a good yard stick to see if that's the case. I worry that defeat will kill off any of the floating supporters as its perceived that its a game we should win based on last years standings and what we have been told.

I still hold firm to my belief that any extra revenue generated by the club (Prize money, Ground Share etc) is not not fully going to the Dons...the statement from Gavin Baldwin states this and even if its taken out of context in the article nothing official has been released to counteract it.

At the moment the club seems to be pushing the youth academy system but weirdly have teamed up with Selby college rather than Doncaster College (where two of its first team players work).......I am sometimes very baffled by the club and its choices

Apart from PC's reports and comments we get very little about the Dons in terms of news or feedback, in fact today I have been bombarded with information about going to see the Rovers for £5 I was momentarily interested but then realised they wanted me to pay £5 to go watch them and I am pretty sure I have some emulsion in the shed I can watch dry.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4071
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18825_1562008297.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18825.jpg

Why is it in the Rovers or Gavin Baldwins interest to leave the Dons to suffer in the way that some have posted? Hardly a showpiece for Club Doncaster if this suggestion is factual.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2216
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6027.gif

Simple as stated in the artilcle linked previously

Any mention of strengthening the Dons there? seems very very geared to The Rovers.

As for the people at the club going along with this...well they know who pays there wages in terms of some people so they are unlikely not to stick to the party line in terms of public discussion. As for John Scarrow I do feel for him as he's clearly a Dons fan at heart.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3492
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif
:disney/00035.gif

Quote: Moonlight "Why is it in the Rovers or Gavin Baldwins interest to leave the Dons to suffer in the way that some have posted? Hardly a showpiece for Club Doncaster if this suggestion is factual.'"

Simple as stated in the artilcle linked previously

I'm with Moonlight on this one. I don't see any reason why it's in the Rovers or Gavin Baldwin's interest to leave the Dons to suffer. The South Yorkshire Times article is obviously written with a Rovers slant to it but I don't think it proves that the Dons are being drained of money to help fund the Rovers.

It is in Club Doncaster's best interests if both the Rovers and the Dons are successful as it will mean greater revenue streams coming through the Keepmoat for everyone's benefit.

I believe John Scarrow, Carl Hall and Paul Cooke to be men of integrity and I don't think they would stand for being puppets for the Rovers, but that's just my opinion.

If anyone has real evidence to prove the Rovers are screwing the Dons, I'll be prepared to change my mind.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2216
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6027.gif

Has anyone got any real evidence to prove that they are not.

From an pure outsiders point of view I can see that we have chosen this year to undertake a youth policy of recruitment despite being told we have some lofty transfer targets and the squads biggest ever playing budget.

The Rovers have managed to continue to sign players both in September and in January all of which I would imagine cost more per week and signing fee's than a decent Semi Pro rugby player.

I would tend to feel that that are not using the Dons for personal gains but in line with the article are using the Dons success of last year and the ground share to fund the Rovers push in League one and as a result of this we are left to feed on the scraps.

We are given the impression that we are "in this together" with the Rovers as one club and with the wages/fees associated with signing even a middling FL1 player I am pretty sure we could have assembled a squad who would have run Leigh much closer than we did and would have no doubt registered some league points by now.

As I said before PC and CH are employed by club Doncaster so its always going to be the case they are don't speak out as they would be employment suicide for them both.

Of course we are entitled to our opinions and they may differ, some people are unlikely to agree with me, some might and this forum only represents a small portion of the Dons supporters or the people of Doncaster, but I have never seen anything official or supplementary evidence to say I am wrong or that we have this supposed "biggest playing budget ever".

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4112
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Oct 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[b:34z93omz][url=http://www.donsstats.co.uk:34z93omz]http://www.donsstats.co.uk[/url:34z93omz][/b:34z93omz] - Full results and player stats for Doncaster RLFC from 1951 to the current day. [b:34z93omz][color=#000000:34z93omz]"Lost the battle, lost the war Lost the things worth living for Lost the will to win the fight One more pill to kill the pain"[/color:34z93omz][/b:34z93omz] - Michael Burnett:

Quote: SteveRoebuck "Has anyone got any real evidence to prove that they are not.'"
Has anyone got any proof that they are, with the exception of conjecture??

Quote: SteveRoebuck "From an pure outsiders point of view I can see that we have chosen this year to undertake a youth policy of recruitment despite being told we have some lofty transfer targets and the squads biggest every playing budget.'"
We have had the biggest budget in a long, long time, and that came from people within the club, and outside (the sort of people who know what sort of players to market at the club), it was the decision of Cooke and the immediate management (Hall and to an extent, the coaching staff and John Scarrow) not to go out and spend this money immediately, they took the (somewhat brave) decision to try and build crowds before they take the plunge and go for the more expensive players. This is an admirable policy, I know one of the close season targets signed a new contract with his (Super League) club over the winter and remains with them, instead of being here.

Quote: SteveRoebuck "The Rovers have managed to continue to sign players both in September and in January all of which I would imagine cost more per week and signing fee's than a decent Semi Pro rugby player.'"
All from a different budget..

Quote: SteveRoebuck "Of course we are entitled to our opinions and they may differ, some people are unlikely to agree with me, some might and this forum only represents a small portion of the Dons supporters or the people of Doncaster, but I have never seen anything official or supplementary evidence to say I am wrong or that we have this supposed "biggest playing budget ever".'"
I can understand your opinion, but at the same time, I feel you're wrong with what you've put.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2216
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6027.gif

So clearly from what you have put you seem to be in the know and have an official word from the club regarding this and as such are an approved spokesperson of "Club Doncaster".

You are saying that Carl had a large influence in the decision to sign youth, surely that should have been the coaches roll to pick the players he wanted to sign not that of Carl.

Your views and the article in question seem to be in contradiction, taking over the Dons and I am paraphrasing here was to enable the Rover to access more income to support Paul Dickov's push for a higher league position but the reverse is not true as you have just stated the Rovers and Dons are using a separate budget for players.....doesnt add up to me.

Clearly PC has now come to the realisation that the recruitment over the break hasn't worked as intended and something needs to be done to address this rather than relying on dual reg players from Hull as this is having a negative effect on the team spirit and morale as long serving players are being dropped on a whim on the seeming behest of our Hull overlords.

As I have said before Hunslet is a very big game for the team, on paper from last season we should win and I feel failure to do so will lead to more and more rumors and speculation especially if players who faced up against a clear quality outfit in Leigh are simply replaced with someone Hull wants getting fit....its going to be interesting to see the fall out should we loose once more. I do hope it isn't the case and I am completely proved wrong and this match provides a catalyst to kick on from...we'll know on Monday.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain257No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: SteveRoebuck "Has anyone got any real evidence to prove that they are not.

From an pure outsiders point of view I can see that we have chosen this year to undertake a youth policy of recruitment despite being told we have some lofty transfer targets and the squads biggest ever playing budget.

The Rovers have managed to continue to sign players both in September and in January all of which I would imagine cost more per week and signing fee's than a decent Semi Pro rugby player.

I would tend to feel that that are not using the Dons for personal gains but in line with the article are using the Dons success of last year and the ground share to fund the Rovers push in League one and as a result of this we are left to feed on the scraps.

We are given the impression that we are "in this together" with the Rovers as one club and with the wages/fees associated with signing even a middling FL1 player I am pretty sure we could have assembled a squad who would have run Leigh much closer than we did and would have no doubt registered some league points by now.

As I said before PC and CH are employed by club Doncaster so its always going to be the case they are don't speak out as they would be employment suicide for them both.

Of course we are entitled to our opinions and they may differ, some people are unlikely to agree with me, some might and this forum only represents a small portion of the Dons supporters or the people of Doncaster, but I have never seen anything official or supplementary evidence to say I am wrong or that we have this supposed "biggest playing budget ever".'"

Dead right,couldn't agree more.Rovers puppets and that's it.,which is why the Keepmoat doesn't have an sign up saying home of Doncaster rlfc.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain235No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/simp049.gif
:simpsons/simp049.gif

If i look out my window i can see tattersfield, although deepthroat has a nice surface and surroundings we lost a major part of our identity when relocating. everyday i walk the mutt over the same patch a certain mr vila used to bury his opposite number! ahh reminiscing and only in my mid 30s COYD

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4071
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18825_1562008297.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_18825.jpg

Bang out of order Mister calling the club Rovers Puppets. Not one bit of truth in it. Shocking thing to come out with. Idiotic is too kind.

88 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
88 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.3232421875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
Dave K.
1m
Leigh h pt 2
Zig
3m
Round 21 Wigan Home
rollin thund
7m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
7m
Leeds a
JIMMY MAGNET
8m
Wire
Deadcowboys1
11m
Rumours and signings v9
Zig
13m
Squad 2024
Tony Fax
26m
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Results and Standings
Uncle Rico
27m
Trueman
BP1
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Sky Sports Plus shambles
Rhino at wor
24s
Sky sports
matt_wire
29s
Rumours and signings v9
Zig
33s
Leigh h pt 2
Zig
43s
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
46s
Sheffield Eagles home
Wollo-Wollo-
1m
Wire part 2 of 2
nikos
1m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
1m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Jack Burton
2m
Film game
karetaker
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Sky Sports Plus shambles
Rhino at wor
TODAY
Catalans Squeeze Past The Giants And A Step Closer To The Play Offs
RLFANS News
TODAY
Wire
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Hull Fc
Septimius Se
TODAY
Cumbrian RL
Keith Lard's
TODAY
Whitehaven H
Bullseye
TODAY
Squad for London
Alffi_7
TODAY
Saints Win Golden Point Thriller with Salford
RLFANS News
TODAY
Brisbane Broco signs for next season
Huddersfield
TODAY
Round 21 Wigan Home
rollin thund
TODAY
Leeds a
JIMMY MAGNET
TODAY
On to Barrow home
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sky sports
matt_wire
TODAY
Matty Ashurst testimonial cricket match this Sunday
Trin e ti
TODAY
First Half Wigan Blitz Overcomes the Leigh Leopards
RLFANS News
TODAY
Sheffield Eagles home
Wollo-Wollo-
TODAY
Etan Natoli to leave Broncos at seasons end
Benny Profan
TODAY
The Black and Whites have been loaned Wigan prop for the res
Huddersfield
TODAY
Belle Vue attendances
financialtim
TODAY
Lisa Nandy
moto748
TODAY
New Home for Hull FC
His Bobness
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Catalans Squeeze Past The Gian..
Saints Win Golden Point Thrill..
First Half Wigan Blitz Overcom..
London Broncos Victorious Over..
Salford Win the Mid Table Batt..
Saints Back To Winning Ways Wi..
Hull KR Top of the League With..
Wakefield Trinity Back to Winn..
Catalans Dragons Defeat Hull F..
Salford Move Closer To Play Of..
Warrington Wolves Humiliate Wi..
Bill Arthur Rest In Peace..
Rhinos Comfortably Win Scrappy..
Battling Tigers Beat The Drago..
Hull KR Defeat Leeds In Headin..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.62M +33,126 80,09414,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R23
 FT
Hover 
Canberra
24-46
Manly
 FT
Hover 
NQL Cowboys
18-42
Brisbane
 FT
Hover 
St.George
10-28
Canterbury
     Womens Super League 2024-R11
 FT 
St.HelensW
56-6
FeatherstoneW
 FT 
BarrowW
32-14
Wire W
       League One 2024-R19

13:00
Cornwall
16-26
Hunslet
Latest
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R21
15:00
Leeds
v
Wigan
       Championship 2024-R21
18:00
Doncaster
v
Toulouse
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R23
05:00
Dolphins
v
NZ Warriors
07:05
Newcastle
v
Wests
     Womens Super League 2024-R11
12:00
York V
v
Hudds W
       League One 2024-R19
14:00
Midlands
v
Workington
14:30
Crusaders
v
Keighley
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R21
Leigh
v
Hull FC
LondonB
v
Warrington
       League One 2024-R19
Oldham
v
Newcastle
       Championship 2024-R21
Batley
v
Swinton
Bradford
v
Whitehaven
Halifax
v
Barrow
Widnes
v
Featherstone
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 10th Aug
SL
Leeds-Wigan
Sun 11th Aug
SL
Leigh-Hull FC
SL
LondonB-Warrington
Sat 17th Aug
SL
19:30
Warrington-Leeds
SL
17:00
Wigan-St.Helens
SL
14:30
Hull FC-LondonB
Sun 18th Aug
SL
13:30
Leigh-Salford
SL
Catalans-Hull KR
SL
18:30
Huddersfield-Castleford
Fri 23rd Aug
SL
20:00
Castleford-Warrington
SL
Leeds-Catalans
Sat 24th Aug
SL
St.Helens-Hull KR
SL
14:00
Salford-Huddersfield
Sun 25th Aug
SL
LondonB-Leigh
SL
Wigan-Hull FC
Fri 30th Aug
SL
Hull KR-Salford
SL
Leigh-Warrington
Sat 31st Aug
SL
Hull FC-Castleford
SL
Catalans-Wigan
Sun 1st Sep
SL
Huddersfield-St.Helens
Sat 10th Aug
WSL2024
LIVE
St.HelensW56-6FeatherstoneW
WSL2024
LIVE
BarrowW32-14Wire W
L1
LIVE
Cornwall16-26Hunslet
NRL
LIVE
Canberra24-46Manly
NRL
LIVE
NQL Cowboys18-42Brisbane
NRL
LIVE
St.George10-28Canterbury
Fri 9th Aug
SL 21 Huddersfield22-23Catalans
SL 21 Hull KR36-6Castleford
WSL2024 11 LeedsW28-8WiganW
CH 21 Wakefield42-6Sheffield
NRL 23 Gold Coast0-44Cronulla
NRL 23 Parramatta34-36Penrith
Thu 8th Aug
SL 21 St.Helens17-16Salford
NRL 23 Souths16-28Melbourne
Tue 6th Aug
SL 2 Wigan28-6Leigh
Sun 4th Aug
SL 20 LondonB12-10Catalans
WSL2024 10 FeatherstoneW6-68LeedsW
WSL2024 10 BarrowW6-64St.HelensW
WSL2024 10 Wire W0-61York V
WSL2024 10 WiganW70-0Hudds W
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 21 539 265 274 32
Wigan 20 523 264 259 32
Warrington 20 502 267 235 28
St.Helens 21 518 278 240 26
Catalans 21 399 308 91 26
Salford 21 393 399 -6 26

Leeds 20 371 364 7 20
Leigh 20 398 314 84 19
Huddersfield 21 372 476 -104 14
Castleford 21 342 559 -217 13
Hull FC 20 274 612 -338 6
LondonB 20 210 735 -525 4
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 19 668 228 440 36
Sheffield 19 516 345 171 26
Toulouse 17 516 224 292 25
Widnes 18 434 319 115 23
Bradford 18 421 321 100 22
Featherstone 18 464 375 89 18

Doncaster 18 338 432 -94 17
York 19 446 383 63 16
Batley 18 300 390 -90 16
Halifax 18 356 477 -121 14