JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7368.jpg
[img:35roalt8]http://www.wedding-wonderful.co.uk/img/back-low.jpg[/img:35roalt8]:7368.jpg

Not a dig at Clarke but I genuinely think if we had a more sprightly acting half-back like McShane then we would see more success from Hock offloads. Someone needs to get with him instead of ambling up.

RankPostsTeam
International Star278No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Father Ted "Hock is an excellent player in a good team.
In a poor team he is just ordinary.
Widnes at the moment are a poor team. To improve this they need to bring in a number of better quality players.'"

A bit harsh there Ted, but I generally get your drift. We are a fairly ordinary side, who can raise our game when we are near to full strength, but struggle when we have too many missing. If we were more dangerous across the field the opposition wouldn't be able to concentrate on Hock/Hanbury/Brown and close us down.

Last night was a classic example, no Mellor who has been a real unsung hero this season on the right (OK more readily acknowledged now) and all Wakey had to do was reinforce their right hand side, which still produced 3 tries for us and let another go begging with a poor pass. We dont seem to have the "in game" nous to switch our play. Ironically Tickle may end up a better all round player for us next season (assuming he stays fit) as he is likely to play more games and he is more of a grafter.

I have loved us having Hock and there was massive excitement early on and he has still scored a fair few tries for us, but bearing in mind he couldn't play against Wigan and his various suspensions that were more to do with who he was and his history than to what he actually did and he has missed a lot of games.

RankPostsTeam
International Star278No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Dr Chim Richalds "Not a dig at Clarke but I genuinely think if we had a more sprightly acting half-back like McShane then we would see more success from Hock offloads. Someone needs to get with him instead of ambling up.'"

I think our whole game would improve not just Hock's play, its too much to expect Clarke to play 80 minutes and he isn't the nippiest of players even when playing 20 minutes each half, but his overall leadership and general play has improved massively. I realise that McShane was never going to be an option once Lunt went back to Huddersfield, but we should have been looking for someone with a similar style of play.

We have all been going on about Dwyer from Warrington who fits that bill. OK we may not think Gore is ready yet but I think a few more minutes of game time might have been worthwhile. I dont know if there is the remotest chance of bringing Dwyer in until the end of the season but if there is we should grab it, as we certainly need a lift after a few below par performances!

RankPostsTeam
International Star180No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

FLY STRAIGHT WITH PERFECTION.:

Hock has been on twitter apparently saying there was a good scrap in the crowd on monday.......the guy is a in idiot and a penalty machine and a liability on and off the pitch,wish he would just go aus now the man hasnt any brain cells.

J20
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6096No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45011_1321315422.jpg
This isn't a sleeping giant, it's a giant! Denis Betts Nov 2010 Twitter: @JoeyViking:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45011.jpg

It wasn't him...

RankPostsTeam
International Star180No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: J20 "It wasn't him...'"
must be bad info then.........the guy us still a clown and as a club we have gained nothing him being here

J20
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6096No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45011_1321315422.jpg
This isn't a sleeping giant, it's a giant! Denis Betts Nov 2010 Twitter: @JoeyViking:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45011.jpg

Quote: jetblack74 "must be bad info then.........the guy us still a clown and as a club we have gained nothing him being here'"

Disagree... A lot.

RankPostsTeam
International Star180No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: J20 "Disagree... A lot.'"

So then tell me the advantages of hock being here?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1253
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46371.jpg
:46371.jpg

Quote: Steken "It's a good point about Winterstein.
Not going to suggest his best is as good as Hock, but his worst isn't as bad! I do think Frank will improve but really the argument should be Winterstein or Lulu?

Am I right in thinking that Tickle will slot in for Hock next year?'"

I was quite pleased that winterstein was not playing on Monday. Always rated him at wakefield ,just was not given the time to develop.

I would agree not as good as hock at his best , but not as bad as his worst either.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman8125No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Reason I said Widnes were a poor team is that v Wakey they missed 33 tackles.
That's poor.
I reallly would like Widnes to do better but expecting these same players to improve their game year on year I think is beyond the majority of them.
The club have to bring in better quality players if they want to become a middle/top of the table club.
I do worry for the Vikings if the vote goes through to reduce SL ro 12 clubs. At present it's London and one other to drop out. Who that other one will be I don't know, I just hope it isn't Widnes.
Salford will be far better next year. So will Castleford. Wakefield are vulnerable but do have the knack of pulling out wins v their nearest rivals.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach226No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2013Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Father Ted "Reason I said Widnes were a poor team is that v Wakey they missed 33 tackles.
That's poor.
I reallly would like Widnes to do better but expecting these same players to improve their game year on year I think is beyond the majority of them.
The club have to bring in better quality players if they want to become a middle/top of the table club.
I do worry for the Vikings if the vote goes through to reduce SL ro 12 clubs. At present it's London and one other to drop out. Who that other one will be I don't know, I just hope it isn't Widnes.
Salford will be far better next year. So will Castleford. Wakefield are vulnerable but do have the knack of pulling out wins v their nearest rivals.'"

I agree. There will possibly be 4 teams getting the chop next year as it appears Toulouse are coming in, possibly a championship team too. I actually fear for us as I cannot see the board spending money to sign four or five quality players on our crowds.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach288No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Hock has been a massive dissapointment for Widnes this season, he has spent too long suspended for a start and then with the Wigan games taken into account he just hasnt played enough for a player who hasnt exactly had any massive injuries to keep him out.

Then we get to his game's, he started well but seems to have lost interest in a big way generally running pretty meekly into the line 90% of the time. And when he does break the tackle he throws a shocker of an offload, and i know people will say we have to back him up but we teach kids at the earliest ages to keep hold if you are in no position to throw a decent pass.

Then most of the time when he does kick into action ( late against wakey, and Leeds most recently) the game is pretty much already lost. Hock will look great in a great team, in a distinctly average team like ours he is a massive liabilty, we cant defend set after set when Hock puts in late shots, or shoulder charges etc, Teams like Wigan can.

RankPostsTeam
International Star95No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201311 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Winning isnt everything but having the will to win is:

Quote: HARDMAN "
Quote: HARDMAN "Reason I said Widnes were a poor team is that v Wakey they missed 33 tackles.
That's poor.
Salford will be far better next year. So will Castleford. Wakefield are vulnerable but do have the knack of pulling out wins v their nearest rivals.'"

I agree. There will possibly be 4 teams getting the chop next year as it appears Toulouse are coming in, possibly a championship team too. I actually fear for us as I cannot see the board spending money to sign four or five quality players on our crowds.'"

Hardman what makes you think that the rfl will cut 4 teams to let a championship team and toulouse in?
None of the championship sides meet the franchise criteria so really none of the current SL side should be cut

With regards to toulouse never say never but how can you let a side that doesnt get decent crowds,ok they have a backer but admitting them to SL will be another gamble like letting in paris,gateshead and crusaders

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach226No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2013Dec 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: welsh wizard "Hardman what makes you think that the rfl will cut 4 teams to let a championship team and toulouse in?
None of the championship sides meet the franchise criteria so really none of the current SL side should be cut

With regards to toulouse never say never but how can you let a side that doesnt get decent crowds,ok they have a backer but admitting them to SL will be another gamble like letting in paris,gateshead and crusaders'"

Just the noises coming out of Toulouse that they think they will be in. Sounds as if though a championship club won't be promoted that potentially means 3 clubs could be relegated. Looks like it may be us, Cas and London to lose out.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1896No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2015Sep 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
36990.jpg
Dirty Old Town littlerich is a Viking!!:36990.jpg

They've stated that 2 teams will be relegated to take the league down to 12 so unless they're bullting, that sort of rules out 3 being relegated.

67 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
67 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.06298828125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Salford H
DSJ1983
Recent
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
Recent