FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Widnes Vikings > WIDNES ARE CHEATS!!
100 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1090No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20680_1314732397.jpg
[color=#FF0000:27vkn2iv][b:27vkn2iv][u:27vkn2iv]I HAVE READ THE BLOODY A.U.P !![/u:27vkn2iv][/b:27vkn2iv][/color:27vkn2iv]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_20680.jpg

Quote: OFFTHECUFF "Decent post and most of your fans are ok.Gary High and that Wilson bloke are Trolls.
Just because I have an opinion I am a troll...................Have a word with yourself !

Had Widnes actually won The Championship then I would pat you on the back and say well done. After your NRC win I openly admitted that "on the day" you were the better team and deserved your win.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2548No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif
Halifax RLFC grand final winners 2010.:Black Backgrounds/Zoot.gif

i think at the minute we all need to accept that this franchise system has literally nothing to do with on feild success and could bank on Widnes still getting to Super league even if they hadnt won the Rail Cup last year.

on feild success doesnt matter anymore.

so i commend the Vikings on not putting so much into on feild success as they know they have no need for it.

everyone knows there getting the franchise. i think we should all move on from the subject.

the constant topics about the franchise system on the fax bored and other places is needless for what is a forgone conclusion.

rant over icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3941No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Gary High "Just because I have an opinion I am a troll...................Have a word with yourself !

Had Widnes actually won The Championship then I would pat you on the back and say well done. After your NRC win I openly admitted that "on the day" you were the better team and deserved your win.'"

Yes you are a Troll slagging off Widnes.It is about the big picture you idiot. Your team has spent on the first team only, but Widnes have done what the RFL have said you muppet.Where is Barrows youth set up and stadium?How much profit have you made?Your average gates?Say no more you troll. c020.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4146
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2022Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

She carries on through it all...... She's a Waterfall:

I have a great deal of ambivalence towards this whole issue.

The title "widnes are cheats" etc implies wrong doing etc etc blah blah blah!

Now, Widnes not being one of my fav teams, got a shafting on Sunday and I kind of gained a little associative satisfaction out of that. But by 5pm SUnday my thoughts were back on thursday night!

Widnes have played the rules set down by Red Hall. We can protest, argue, spit, spat, pizz and moan about Widnes all we want - they didn't set the rules. Red Hall did - and Widnes have played the route well!! I don't understand the animosity towards the club.

Widnes will remain a team I always want to see beaten, and Barrow did that so well on Sunday. (My resentment goes back to too many tonkings at NP in the 70's)!
But I can't see how it's their fault the RFL set the way our game is going!

I have absolutely no confidence in Lewis or Woods whatsoever or faith in them to deliver growth, hope and faith in the future for our sport.

J20
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6096No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45011_1321315422.jpg
This isn't a sleeping giant, it's a giant! Denis Betts Nov 2010 Twitter: @JoeyViking:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45011.jpg

Quote: Rotherham Fev Fan ".'"

Great post their eusa_clap.gif we all have sides we don't like and hope get smashed etc, but when they do well to cone out and label them cheats is plain ignorance tbh!

As you say Widnes just playing the game, I think a lot of clubs expected Widnes to kick up a fuss and put the RFL to rights being the big name in the league but we have decided to look after number one purely and simply and I think some may resent that!

Problem with sone Raiders fans is rather than think wow how good have are past few swains been IRS amazing! They have jumped straight at Widnes throats as if thinking we are the reasonthey are nit in SL from winning the league last year icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach191No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2012Apr 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons4a4a_files/3960-1386o0Angel0o-msnicons.jpg
:icons4a4a_files/3960-1386o0Angel0o-msnicons.jpg

Quote: HARDMAN "Cant believe some of the utter rubbish coming from some of the barrow clowns yesterday and idiots from other clubs coming on this board saying we will offer nothing to superleague. Idiots yesterday at the game saying that we have cheated ouy way into Superleague (didnt know we were a superleague club) and that the RFL are looking after us.

So what exactly do Barrow offer that we dont;

A hell hole stadium with no running water in the bogs behind the sticks - Lovely that.
No youth set up
A poor fan base
A mouthy chairman that wont even put his hands in his pockets to update the floodlights.

I suppose this is what Franchising has caused. Rightly or wrongly what happens on the pitch is a distant 2nd. Do we deserve to be in SL for what happens on the pitch, no way, do we deserve it for what goes on off it, hell yes. We are the only club in the championship who meet all the criteria, thats not Widnes's fault, these are the rules that have been set and thats a fact.'"

i would not worry we will just look after ourselves i know were you are coming from not saying everyones clubs are moaning but we have got everything in place so hopefully we will be up there in 2012. no doubt i will get reaction from other clubs fans know about this. icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1090No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20680_1314732397.jpg
[color=#FF0000:27vkn2iv][b:27vkn2iv][u:27vkn2iv]I HAVE READ THE BLOODY A.U.P !![/u:27vkn2iv][/b:27vkn2iv][/color:27vkn2iv]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_20680.jpg

Quote: OFFTHECUFF "Yes you are a Troll slagging off Widnes.It is about the big picture you idiot. Your team has spent on the first team only, but Widnes have done what the RFL have said you muppet.Where is Barrows youth set up and stadium?How much profit have you made?Your average gates?Say no more you troll.

Oh Im sorry I must have misunderstood.........................I was led to believe that Rugby League was about winning stuff. Oh well, silly me !

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3575No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7368.jpg
[img:35roalt8]http://www.wedding-wonderful.co.uk/img/back-low.jpg[/img:35roalt8]:7368.jpg

Quote: Gary High "Oh Im sorry I must have misunderstood.........................I was led to believe that Rugby League was about winning stuff. Oh well, silly me !'"

You're about two years too late Gary....
It's the taking part that counts... just like Fax last year.
icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5870No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24307.jpg
[img:24qn1m99]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/DrGomez/Replacementbanner.jpg?t=1284815933[/img:24qn1m99] On thread drift: [quote="tb":24qn1m99]Tough. Conversations develop. It's their nature.[/quote:24qn1m99] Little Pepe went to nursery school one day wearing his Widnes hat. His teacher asked him why he was a Widnes fan. He said, “Because my parents are.” His teacher said, “That’s not good. What would you do if your parents were drug dealers and hookers?” He replied, “Well then I would be a Warrington fan.” [i:24qn1m99]There's a Wooly over there, baggy kecks and feathered hair with a 3 star jumper half way up his back, that’s a fecking Wooly back![/i:24qn1m99] [b:24qn1m99]Oooh-to… Oooh-to-be… Oooh-to-be-a… WOOLY![/b:24qn1m99]:24307.jpg

Quote: Gary High "Oh Im sorry I must have misunderstood.........................I was led to believe that Rugby League was about winning stuff. Oh well, silly me !'"

It is, but if you want your club to get out of this league, that isn’t enough anymore. You need to prove that you are equipped to be able to cope with Super League. That means financial backing, Sponsorship, Stadia and facilities, fan base, youth development and the whole gamut of infrastructure. The days of just ploughing everything into the first team, in order to gain promotion, and then struggling to hack it in SL before ignominious demotion, are over.

Licences are for 3 years and that would spell complete disaster for a club that doesn’t possess the much needed infrastructure and financial backing. Relegation was a safety net for such clubs, and allowed them to rebuild. Barrow would struggle if given a SL licence and would remain a ‘Grade C’ club for the foreseeable future. Widnes would be a ‘Grade B’ club within the first season and looking to be a ‘Grade A’ club by the end of the following set of licences, which would of course require some success.

If Widnes hadn’t ‘won stuff’ they wouldn’t be allowed to put a bid in for the guaranteed Championship place and, as such, almost certainly not get a licence.

This is the way it is. It is not of our making, so you are wasting your time bitching about it on here. You won’t find too many people who like the licence system on here, even though it favours our team. I would scrap it this season and make next season P&R and let the team which wins the Grand Final go up, and continue this every year from now on.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3941No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We have won the NRC and been to 2 finals.You came 4th in the league, one place above us and you think your team is so great.Sorry but Fax and Fev are better than Wheelbarrow, and you will win nothing..Anyway with people like you spouting on here, i will stick 2 fingers up to you when we get the franchise. icon_wave.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach98No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2011Jul 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

At the end of the day there it's fairly certain you'll get SL. Surely you'd like to see yourselves winning things though. Your kidding yourselves if you think that's good a team you had out on the pitch Sunday.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1090No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20680_1314732397.jpg

Quote: OFFTHECUFF "We have won the NRC and been to 2 finals.You came 4th in the league, one place above us and you think your team is so great.Sorry but Fax and Fev are better than Wheelbarrow, and you will win nothing..Anyway with people like you spouting on here, i will stick 2 fingers up to you when we get the franchise.
Erm Fax have won absolutely nothing - Correct ? They have been consistent but have nothing to show for it.

Fev are without question the better team this year and should be going up to SL based on ON FIELD PERFORMANCE - I will not deny that one. League Leaders in the bag and odds on Fav's for the Grand Final.

I will say it again WIDNES WILL BE THE WORST TEAM EVER TO GAIN A SL FRANCHISE AS THEY HAVEN'T WON ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT i.e finished TOP of the league (as Barrow and Fev have) or appeared in a Grand Final (as Barrow and Halifax have). If you want to go on about your NRC win then that puts you about as successful as Batley doesn't it ? I can without question say that based on last season and this season, Barrow are a better team than Widnes even with some very poor performances this year. You have simply played the bumming Redhall game better.

For the record (and have a look back if you can manage it) I have said Halifax have been the most consistent performers for the last 2 years as the tables don't lie but have simply bottled the big games. Widnes have simply not been good enough to deserve a Franchise based on merit.

Maybe had the league been about P&R the Widnes club may have provided its supporters with a team to be proud of...........However hindsight is a wonderful thing !

Enjoy school tomorrow eusa_shhh.gif

J20
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6096No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45011_1321315422.jpg
This isn't a sleeping giant, it's a giant! Denis Betts Nov 2010 Twitter: @JoeyViking:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45011.jpg

Is anyone suprised by this reaction? Widnes, Leigh and even Fax having ticked a box as well haven't got too carried away as we know it's all about Franchising!

Yet Barrow come in buy the title (fair play) and now suddenly from them it's a disgarce and should be P&R and Widnes are a joke and c015.gif c015.gif

When your SL big get's laughed at why don't you ask Dezzy we he signed Henderson rather than improved the ground? Why did he keep all big names even though tick gone and not get a youth set up running?

Your club is the one's who need to go back to school, as you've made the step up and want to be one of the cool kids but what you've missed is you've had your fly undone the whole time!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5870No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24307.jpg
[img:24qn1m99]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/DrGomez/Replacementbanner.jpg?t=1284815933[/img:24qn1m99] On thread drift: [quote="tb":24qn1m99]Tough. Conversations develop. It's their nature.[/quote:24qn1m99] Little Pepe went to nursery school one day wearing his Widnes hat. His teacher asked him why he was a Widnes fan. He said, “Because my parents are.” His teacher said, “That’s not good. What would you do if your parents were drug dealers and hookers?” He replied, “Well then I would be a Warrington fan.” [i:24qn1m99]There's a Wooly over there, baggy kecks and feathered hair with a 3 star jumper half way up his back, that’s a fecking Wooly back![/i:24qn1m99] [b:24qn1m99]Oooh-to… Oooh-to-be… Oooh-to-be-a… WOOLY![/b:24qn1m99]:24307.jpg

Quote: Zimbo "At the end of the day there it's fairly certain you'll get SL. Surely you'd like to see yourselves winning things though.'"

We have seen us win things. We won the NRC last season. I agree that our overall performances have fallen short of the standards we would like but, in trying to blooding lot’s of youngsters (too many imo), we are trying to develop the youth structure required for SL. The club is looking at the bigger picture. We are lucky to be in a position to do this. The rest of the league are still going down the old pro route. There is nothing wrong with this, but it only improves one area of a licence application. It is certainly the best way to top the league but, if you want SL, you need to do more than that.

I would love us to win next seasons Grand Final, but it will have little relevance to how we will cope in SL, should we get there. The £300k cap effectively makes this comparison utterly meaningless. What will make the difference in SL is the ability to run at the full cap or, at least, very near to it.

Quote: Zimbo " Your kidding yourselves if you think that's good a team you had out on the pitch Sunday.'"

Maybe not but it was good enough to beat you onWed 18th August

We have also had a season badly hit with injuries (the like of which I have never seen before and wouldn’t wish on any team), and a coach going through an unimaginable personal tragedy.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1090No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016May 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
20680_1314732397.jpg

Pepe you are only as good as your last performance mate c020.gif

100 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
100 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.650390625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Rumours thread
JINJER
24m
Leigh it is
MadDogg
24m
Squad 2024
faxcar
33m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
33m
Film game
Boss Hog
49m
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
50m
Shopping list for 2025
UllFC
53m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
UllFC
Recent
Call for funds
Tony Fax
Recent
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Loiner at la
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Planning for next season
Septimius Se
3m
Call for funds
Tony Fax
3m
Ground Improvements
imwakefieldt
4m
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
5m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
5m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
7m
Squad 2024
faxcar
7m
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
7m
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
8m
Whitehaven Away
the fax in a
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Mr Snoodle
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Chris71
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
karetaker
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
MadDogg
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
TODAY
Must do better
Wires71
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Break Saints Hearts With Golden Point Win
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +12,275 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22