JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2013Jul 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: -VIKINGMAN- "I'm behind him all the way, poor recruitment by Terry O'Connor has done us this year. As with any coach a month is nothing.'"

Corrected for you

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3575No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2019Sep 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7368.jpg
[img:35roalt8]http://www.wedding-wonderful.co.uk/img/back-low.jpg[/img:35roalt8]:7368.jpg

Re your post V4E that has pretty much been my assessment of things as it currently stands...
We identified a problem with the pack but on evidence we haven't really suffered as a result. With Morrison and Bannister to come back in this area we will be stronger and the signing of a recognised prop would give us that extra something.
We are making it to the opposition's line but that is where we falter.
I keep thinking that we are in many ways like Cas in their last season in the 1st Division. They stumbled along whilst Brough was having a bit of a mare early doors and then something clicked with him and their season turned around.
If we can get our players to click and play as we know they can and have seen them play then I think we really will go from strength to strength.

It's becoming a bit of a slogan for me but a little more guile is what is needed..

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5870No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2016Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
24307.jpg
[img:24qn1m99]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b147/DrGomez/Replacementbanner.jpg?t=1284815933[/img:24qn1m99] On thread drift: [quote="tb":24qn1m99]Tough. Conversations develop. It's their nature.[/quote:24qn1m99] Little Pepe went to nursery school one day wearing his Widnes hat. His teacher asked him why he was a Widnes fan. He said, “Because my parents are.” His teacher said, “That’s not good. What would you do if your parents were drug dealers and hookers?” He replied, “Well then I would be a Warrington fan.” [i:24qn1m99]There's a Wooly over there, baggy kecks and feathered hair with a 3 star jumper half way up his back, that’s a fecking Wooly back![/i:24qn1m99] [b:24qn1m99]Oooh-to… Oooh-to-be… Oooh-to-be-a… WOOLY![/b:24qn1m99]:24307.jpg

Quote: vikings 4 ever "Apparantly the club officials have already said at the curry evening at the Crown that it was McCormack who was selecting the players for this season. Until SM or somebody from the club comes out and says otherwise then surely we have to believe it.

Regardless of who signed the players, pre-season we all pretty much agreed that we had a squad capable of topping the table. Probably 1 or 2 props short, but I think we expected the class of certain players to shine through. Its criminal the way the prop situation was allowed to happen, but IMO the lack of cutting edge on the opponent line and the general lack of killer instinct has surprised everyone.

I'm not sure where the problem lies, the fact we're struggling thorugh games and halfbacks are not always producing their best form could be excused by the fact we don't have a very big pack. On the other hand, when we're camped on the opposition line and we still can't score because we look slow and predictable - this cannot be excused by the prop situation. So the only conclusion can be that a few of the players we expected to be top class have not produced the goods so far and this has not been helped by the fact that a) we've had tons of injuries and b) the forwards have struggled to get on top in games.

We seem to be getting players back form injury now and some players are starting to show what they can do, so we might not be that far away from being a decent side. If we can play ourselves into a bit of form and if we can bring in a decent prop (probably unlikely) we might just start to look like contenders.'"

To an extent you're right, about us not being able to turn pressure on the opposition line into points, being a problem. But we do tend to run, our often smaller forwards, in to bigger opposition forwards under the posts. They are dealt with easily and we are kept out. If we had a couple of big yard dogs running at them, we may actually break through once in a while, or make the opposition bring in an extra man from outside to deal with them, thus creating space out wide for our backs to exploit.

Have you also noticed that we haven't managed to tire out many, if any, of our part-time opponents? In fact many of them have finished the game looking as strong, if not stronger!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach180No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I'm sick of this Full time/part time argument being raised everytime we lose a game. The difference is quite clearly marginal. The vast majority of the players in this league are very fit semi-professional athletes. Just because they are "part-time" does not mean they sit around all day eating burgers and scratching their arris. Many of the teams have a number of players who are just as "Full time" as ours are and I am led to believe that a number of our players are not completely full time anyway. There is a limit to how much fitness training can be beneficial anyway. The "part-timers" will be doing more than enough to provide them with the stamina to see them through 80 minutes of Rugby. It would be an insult to them to suggest they don't.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach128No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2009Jan 1970LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

70-0 he takes over down hill icon_surprised.gifops: icon_surprised.gifops: icon_surprised.gifops: icon_surprised.gifops:

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach533No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2012May 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
38095_1302020279.jpg
Roll on Super League:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_38095.jpg

Quote: chemic14 "70-0 he takes over down hill
Paul Cullen now revealed on RLFans icon_lol.gif

23 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin
23 posts in 3 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.0400390625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Hull KR H
MattyB
10m
Todays match v Saints
Fantastic Mr
14m