OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: Chris71 "I honestly don’t see where the next win is coming from.'"

Cas have lost 7 out of 8 and we have a Leigh game to reschedule, but its slim pickings

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player21No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Thought we had a real dig tonight.
Most of Saints tries were from kicks.
Child’s reffing and 6 agains unbelievable.
I’m sure Hodgson will spend time talking to the referees as to what they see differently from what other teams are doing.
Cam Scott showed up well tonight.
We have a large chunk of our salary cap sat in the stands tonight. Hopefully we get them back soon

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8518
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Boardwalkempire3 "Thought we had a real dig tonight.
Most of Saints tries were from kicks.
Child’s reffing and 6 agains unbelievable.
I’m sure Hodgson will spend time talking to the referees as to what they see differently from what other teams are doing.
Cam Scott showed up well tonight.
We have a large chunk of our salary cap sat in the stands tonight. Hopefully we get them back soon'"

Both our tries were from kicks too, all we could offer

RankPostsTeam
International Star4149
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: ComeOnYouUll "Gave it a real dig and in the end the scoreline perhaps a little harsh. Let's face it though Saints were not on their A game.

Any word on whyTuimavave and Houghton were missing or how long they'll be out?'"

From the Official site;

"Brett Hodgson has made three changes to the side that lined-up against Leeds Rhinos at the MKM Stadium last Thursday, with Danny Houghton, Josh Bowden and Carlos Tuimavave all dropping out"

No mention of injuries.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1420
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51233_1315864499.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51233.gif

Our discipline is killing us.

JJ and Sao tonight both costing us tonight, just after we’d fought our way back into the game. You can say what you like about the Officials, but if you give them an opportunity to Sin Bin you, then you might end up in the Bin.

Also we are still suffering for Savelio’s ten seconds of stupidity with Jones. That’s not helped our cause one bit. We could have done with Andre tonight, against Leeds and on Sunday.

We need to cut all of this out and concentrate on our rugby.

Tough couple of games coming up, but with a few due back we might need to wait to the Derby to try and relaunch our season. After that the games are more winnable. We need to find a way to reschedule the Leigh and Salford games. I still think we’ll make the Play Offs and if we can get everyone back by the end of the month, I think we’ll also be competitive in the play offs too.

Doesn’t feel like it at the moment, but get everyone back on the pitch and we’ll be good again.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain964No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Chris71 "Well after watching that I can see myself walking away from the sport. Whilst we were pretty abject again and were never really going to win what really is killing the game for me is the officials. Tonight we weren’t angels and rightly got penalised for some stuff what I find hard to take is the different way Child ruled the game for us compared to St’s. Most of the night St’s we’re offside with not intent to get back onside yet Child ignored that fit the majority, nor being square and also moving off the mark again ignored, we got penalised for leading with the arm yet Walmsley on about every 3rd carry went in leading with the elbow/firearm or knee yet nothing given. The yellow for Johnstone was harsh but the yellow for Ligi was a joke considering Percivals head shot moments earlier. Plus Childs missed the punch thrown by Matautia and the amount of 6 agains he gave then yet St’s were holding down and spoiling the ptb in almost every occasion but we got little given.
The game is becoming a complete farce and whilst we are poor the officials are pretty poor too.
We really need a clear out as some players just aren’t offering anywhere near value. Our line speed both in attack and defence was laboured and we are back to having the ball move along the line but everyone’s stood still so we make no ground.
The thing is I don’t even know why I’m surprised as it’s just a common occurrence.'"

The officials have been spoiling the game for seasons now, definitely dampened my enthusiasm for the game, tend to watch more nrl and give the sl games a miss. Feel sorry for Satae and most the forwards, really gave a good account tonight, just stupid stupid errors and dumb play completely destroy any momentum we have. Johnstone cost us any chance tonight, was well in the game up to that point. The 6 again was a joke tonight, seems saints can do no wrong, I like the rule , it’s just not officiated properly

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain964No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Rugby Raider "Our discipline is killing us.

JJ and Sao tonight both costing us tonight, just after we’d fought our way back into the game. You can say what you like about the Officials, but if you give them an opportunity to Sin Bin you, then you might end up in the Bin.

Also we are still suffering for Savelio’s ten seconds of stupidity with Jones. That’s not helped our cause one bit. We could have done with Andre tonight, against Leeds and on Sunday.

Tough couple of games coming up, but with a few due back we might need to wait to the Derby to try and relaunch our season. After that the games are more winnable. We need to find a way to reschedule the Leigh and Salford games. I still think we’ll make the Play Offs and if we can get everyone back by the end of the month, I think we’ll also be competitive in the play offs too.

Doesn’t feel like it at the moment, but get everyone back on the pitch and we’ll be good again.'"

Been the same for seasons now, if we have our best 17 fit we can compete with anyone, lose a few and we really really struggle, need our squad players to step up, or replacing, disappointed with Reynolds so far, thought he’d rip sl up

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player21No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Aug 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Irregs#16 "Both our tries were from kicks too, all we could offer'"

Yeah I know mate. I was pointing out that we conceded from kicks rather than being run over the top of.
One of a few positives tonight.
JJ sin bin was crucial ,
Saints must have had 70/30 possession
Lots of effort tonight . Some baffling 6 agains when Saints were just as guilty

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4741
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2418.jpg
:2418.jpg

Agree with Chris71, it’s getting really difficult to get enthusiastic about the game generally after nights like this. It wouldn’t take much to walk away.
Saints had another gear when required though, as per usual. They didnt need Childs help.
Roby showed the difference a class no. 9 makes to a team.
Lack of pace and lack of cutting edge yet again.

Was a nice night for watching a game though. And someone won the boot it challenge: At least that’s something.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member5518No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Jan 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4415_1281028317.jpg
FC TILL I DIE! [quote="Neil HFC"]Hull Kingston Rovers - Pride of Hull FC's B Team.[/quote] Hull City Kings of Yorkshire 1. Hull City 2. Middlesbrough 3. Barnsley 4. Doncaster 5. Leeds Utd 6. Sheff Wednesday 7. Sheff Utd 8. Huddersfield:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_4415.jpg

Quote: Chris71 "Well after watching that I can see myself walking away from the sport. Whilst we were pretty abject again and were never really going to win what really is killing the game for me is the officials. Tonight we weren’t angels and rightly got penalised for some stuff what I find hard to take is the different way Child ruled the game for us compared to St’s. Most of the night St’s we’re offside with not intent to get back onside yet Child ignored that fit the majority, nor being square and also moving off the mark again ignored, we got penalised for leading with the arm yet Walmsley on about every 3rd carry went in leading with the elbow/firearm or knee yet nothing given. The yellow for Johnstone was harsh but the yellow for Ligi was a joke considering Percivals head shot moments earlier. Plus Childs missed the punch thrown by Matautia and the amount of 6 agains he gave then yet St’s were holding down and spoiling the ptb in almost every occasion but we got little given.
The game is becoming a complete farce and whilst we are poor the officials are pretty poor too.
We really need a clear out as some players just aren’t offering anywhere near value. Our line speed both in attack and defence was laboured and we are back to having the ball move along the line but everyone’s stood still so we make no ground.
The thing is I don’t even know why I’m surprised as it’s just a common occurrence.'"

It’s not an airport mate you don’t need to announce your departure!

Actually thought we had a dig tonight and Got to 6 behind with a lot more players out than saints

Referees are e in all sports even snooker today the ref made a howler by putting an Extra red back in the table

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner22065
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7078_1361913407.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7078.jpg

People have been complaining about referees since the sport began. You hear supporters in the stands fuming at every single penalty that we concede - the ref isn't always wrong in fact in the vast majority of cases they are of course correct. Some tough calls tonight but they tend to even out. I'm sure plenty go our way that shouldn't and opposing fans in turn complain.

If we all start 'walking away' no -one will be able to walk back again as the club will go.

RankPostsTeam
International Star578
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif
:disney/00035.gif

Quote: ComeOnYouUll "People have been complaining about referees since the sport began. You hear supporters in the stands fuming at every single penalty that we concede - the ref isn't always wrong in fact in the vast majority of cases they are of course correct. Some tough calls tonight but they tend to even out. I'm sure plenty go our way that shouldn't and opposing fans in turn complain.

If we all start 'walking away' no -one will be able to walk back again as the club will go.'"

I agree. However, there was a glaring example of inconsistency with the way the two head tackles we’re dealt with within minutes of each other.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1173No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Rugby Raider "Our discipline is killing us.

Doesn’t feel like it at the moment, but get everyone back on the pitch and we’ll be good again.'"

A good summary RR. At one stage I thought the comeback similar to the one I posted about pregame from 2010 was on.

Completely baffling is the fact that my post, which you answered with a comment about your dad, and was acknowledged by both Hull 2524 and Rider was deleted together with your reply post.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1426No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We need some news on signings massively.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5247No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Rocknrolla69er "We need some news on signings massively.'"

Some pace would be nice, we must be the slowest team in the comp.

Hodgson has obviously noticed this as we've signed Mcintosh. An athletic back rower and some spark in the middle would be helpful too!

I'm never that confident we'll finish off a break, we always seem to get pegged back.

174 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
174 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.45556640625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
Recent
Salford H Moved to Thursday
Zig
Recent