FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Hull FC > Le Cats at home - Los Alomos? Custers Last Stand ?
102 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
RankPostsTeam
International Star4731No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66802_1403264854.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66802.jpg

Really like the look of Cartwright. With a full pre season under him and hopefully an injury free run he will be a very good player for us. Fantastic defence, strong runner and can also play with the ball.

Our attack is just so non existent it's laughable. Sezer and Abdull will help with the organisation side of it and getting the line set, but we really need somebody who can coach attacking plays and I'm not sure we will have that.
Other than kicks we didn't look like scoring. Yet in the first half Davies couldn't get anywhere near Martin on kicks, so why did we not try that again even once in the 2nd half. It was the only way we looked like we would get points and still chose not to do it, preferring to run it on the last instead.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5259No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Club should post Degsy a humble pie

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25596No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Glad its over some positives again today, Moy, Martin and Barron played well and thought Kemp showed some nice touches. Cartwright was excellent looking forward to see him with better pivots and a full pre season.

Cant be too critical about today, too many young kids and players who aren't good enough, didn't get a lot of the ref and sure we had a perfectly good try ruled out at 10-4 (but will need to watch it again).

We can moan about signing the halfs we have signed, but it can't be any worse that Smith, that last play when he didnt' kick was madness, but to do it twice more is unforgivable.

Roll on next season

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7338No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19461_1425327910.gif
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19461.gif

poor old Deggsy had to cancel his appointment at the high court now what will he think up next to diss us for signing his best player icon_lol.gif some better stuff today but too many woeful players in the patches where our heads go and we just chase shadows. Cartwright is going to be good for me if he gets a good preseason in and our two wingers went really well. Shame for Danny and Carlos but they both gave their all. Let's see now what happens next, precious little if Adams programme notes are anything to go by.

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player119No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20241 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Yes there were headless chickens out there today, Catalans woke up when big Chris came on.
We clearly struggled once Houghton went off. He’s not a leader and our half backs are kids. Smith had a few brain farts but he’s not a half back either.
Martin and Barron continue shine.
We are bringing in leaders next season,
Players that have won big games.
I know the resident doom merchants will scoff but I think we will be ok next season.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner22079
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7078_1361913407.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7078.jpg

I feared the worst when I saw the XVII but the effort in the first half coupled with some Catalans errors meant a hammering wasn't going to happen.

Kemp went well, Martin and Barron again look the part and Cartwright was very good.

What's the story with Briscoe? Has he just been ill for two weeks or is there more to this?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11598
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16831.gif
:16831.gif

Can't fault the effort, main objective was to keep that scoreline down...job done.

First half thought we gave it a good go, 2nd half, sloppiness/tiredness set in, a few strange calls by the ref helped Catalans get a stranglehold on the match, including a blatent obstruction on their 3rd try when Fage made a break through the gap his team mate created moving in front of the fc player to stop him getting to Fages!

All in all.....thank god its over!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17173No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

A better effort but need to keep perspective that it was a dead rubber, had Catalan neded the win it would have been another heavy score.

Liked the look of Kemp and Martin and Barron look settled as our wings now. I also think Moy has a big future and Cartwright makes more impact than what weve had at 2nd row for a while.

Now its time for the Men In Black to come and wipe this year from our minds.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17173No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: ComeOnYouUll "I feared the worst when I saw the XVII but the effort in the first half coupled with some Catalans errors meant a hammering wasn't going to happen.

Kemp went well, Martin and Barron again look the part and Cartwright was very good.

What's the story with Briscoe? Has he just been ill for two weeks or is there more to this?'"

Wondering about Briscoe too, and he also has a role to play next year aa Hardakers designated driver

BP1
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1060
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB17.gif
I've been on the internet and have already got a sense of the fans' passion for the club. They are very fanatical - Peter Gentle 12th September 2011. Money doesn't talk it swears, Obscenity who really cares, Propaganda all is phony. I'm the son and heir of a shyness which is criminally vulgar. Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way. A man who lives in hell can still aspire to heaven.:cartoons/WB17.gif

Echo what everyone else has been saying.

Couldn't fault the effort, they all dug in and gave it a go, but we are in desperate need of a steadying hand in the middle of the park, especially with ball in hand. Some of our attacking options, where they even exist, often defy description in their sheer ineptitude, and we had plenty of further evidence of that once more this afternoon.

We were helped immeasurably by Catalans who clearly had every puff of wind taken out of their sails after last night's results, which made the game the very definition of a meaningless last outing of the year affair. It all became very scrappy and disjointed at times, not helped by some pedantic refereeing, especially in the second half. Everyone was waiting for the final hooter with some relief and boredom by the end.

I stayed back for the tributes to Danny and Carlos, which I thought were touching and moving and were well presented and heartfelt by all. Have to say I was becoming quite emotional as I watched these two men who played such pivotal roles in our 2016/17 success parade around the ground for one final time. Think I must be coming a sentimental old sod in my advancing years!
Let's hope, in the not too distant future, we can once more cheer on quality players who also make as outstanding a contribution to our club's history as Carlos and Danny have done down the years.

So that is 2024 over and done with. All that remains is to cheer on Wigan/Wire/Whoever to GF glory next month!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30188
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

We should have had the game tied up by half time ut yet again, lots of effort and no class. I agree with the poster who said we need an attacking coach as currently our attack is woeful.

2nd half we slipped I to old ways with I'll discipline

Forwards are a real worry again for next season. Middles of Sao, herman, Aydin and ashworth really not good enough especially once we get into the back up to those.

Herman his usual tower of strength, Cartwright good and the 2 wingers went OK. Moy, I just don't see it and think he'll end up 8n the championship.

Keep looked good for his first game, particularly first half. Looks a lot bigger than charles and better suited to superleague at this stage so no idea why we havent seen him play before.

Anyway, thank god its all over

RankPostsTeam
International Star4158
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jake the Peg "We should have had the game tied up by half time ut yet again, lots of effort and no class. I agree with the poster who said we need an attacking coach as currently our attack is woeful.

2nd half we slipped I to old ways with I'll discipline

Forwards are a real worry again for next season. Middles of Sao, herman, Aydin and ashworth really not good enough especially once we get into the back up to those.

Herman his usual tower of strength, Cartwright good and the 2 wingers went OK. Moy, I just don't see it and think he'll end up 8n the championship.

Keep looked good for his first game, particularly first half. Looks a lot bigger than charles and better suited to superleague at this stage so no idea why we havent seen him play before.

Anyway, thank god its all over'"

I was surprised when I saw Kemp. Physically he's fully developed and he's only just turned 18. He looks a good prospect.

102 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
102 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

7.20947265625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
2m
Who do we want in the play-offs
MorePlaymake
5m