JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Him "But Leeds, Saints and Wigan youngsters apparent better preparation isn't really from what happens in the u16's or u19's. There's only so much you can do with part time players (which they are) seeing them only 2/3 times a week.

I think Leeds conditioning/sports science is significantly better than either Hull clubs (from what I've heard) but I think there are 2 far bigger factors

We don't have the money though that Leeds do or the time to do it, we need to also invest heavily in the first team or we lose more games, then more fans and more money so it's a circle, if we had Leeds team and success it could work, but we don't so need to improve the first team short term, by bringing in the likes of Taylor, Pritchard and hopefully Inu.

The merger won't effect the amount of players we bring through which is the main thing for us.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg
[url=//www.facebook.com/wellsmotors:2svvs5eg][img:2svvs5eg]//i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/wellsy13/Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg[/img:2svvs5eg][/url:2svvs5eg]:8202.jpg

Quote: Him "

It is nothing more than a cost cutting exercise because all the benefits ie better coaching, better facilities etc can be obtained by spending more money on the academy. There is no need to merge. Just to spend more money on the academy itself and on the amateur game in Hull. Leeds have been spending lots of money on trying to improve participation and the quality of coaching in the amateur and schools game in Leeds since the Leeds Foundation was established. Hull need to do the same.'"

But again, why would Hull (or Rovers) take responsibility and spend money on the amateur and schools game development for the other club to take the rewards? There is this reluctance from either club to do this on a major scale because the other will get free benefits. If they work together on this, the joint academy will see the benefits and ultimately both clubs and the game of rugby league in Hull will improve.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator12642
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33809_1522680904.png
'Thus I am tormented by my curiosity and humbled by my ignorance.' from History of an Old Bramin, The New York Mirror (A Weekly Journal Devoted to Literature and the Fine Arts), February 16th 1833.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33809.png

Some well thought out and reasoned comments there. Also nothing from people in favour. Did you only find people who hated the idea or were positive comments not allowed?

Thankfully the people 'interviewed' wont be anywhere near the decision making processes.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25668No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Monkey Lover "Some well thought out and reasoned comments there. Also nothing from people in favour. Did you only find people who hated the idea or were positive comments not allowed?

Thankfully the people 'interviewed' wont be anywhere near the decision making processes.'"

There certainly should be some balance in the article.

I also remember the incident in the picture back in the day.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12839_1486909898.png
[b:16wvcohs]"To play your best football you need players with enthusiasm and drive and energy." - [i:16wvcohs]Peter Sterling[/i:16wvcohs][/b:16wvcohs] [quote="Adam Pearson said not":16wvcohs][b:16wvcohs]I know there are two franchises and two clubs (in Hull) and that will remain forever more[/b:16wvcohs][/quote:16wvcohs]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12839.png

Quote: Monkey Lover "Thankfully the people 'interviewed' wont be anywhere near the decision making processes.'"

True but the real danger would be if they're nowhere near the turnstiles next season.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member43413
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3614_1281651917.jpg
[url:2qyny6du]https://twitter.com/Mr_Hutchie[/url:2qyny6du] [b:2qyny6du]@Mr_Hutchie[/b:2qyny6du] [url:2qyny6du]http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hullwykearlfc/[/url:2qyny6du]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3614.jpg

Comments just seen from the petition so hardly going to be pro ones

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12097No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I'm very much against the idea, but the majority of those comments are pathetic. I couldn't care less if Rovers benefit from it as long as we do too. My problem is that I can't see any benefits for either team.

It will be the same coaches we already have working with a smaller pool of players. Kids will slip through the net, and the ones we do catch won't be any better. The draft won't work (if indeed that's how it happens, but I can't see an alternative). Fans will be alienated, as we have already seen. And all the while we won't have done anything to improve the real issue, which is the integration of these players to first team, which is where we have fallen down for as long as I can remember.

What annoys me the most is that Pearson came in and spent years telling us how brilliant he was and how much money he had spent on getting the academy up to scratch, and now that it is baring fruit and we have some youth teams to be proud of he's going to rip it up and start again just to save a few £.

The reason Leeds, Wigan, Saints juniors do so well isn't because they are much more talented that ours, or even that they get better coaching. It's that a) they get introduced slowly into winning teams that have coaches who know to go about doing it. And b) the culture and the standards set by the first team are carried on through every aspect of the club, so that when kids make their debuts they already know what's it's about because that's the way they've always done it anyway. How are we supposed to set a culture and replicate it right through the club when effectively 3 different clubs are involved?

I have supported this club for not far short of 20 years, and obviously a lot of you have followed them for many more. I have already been becoming disillusioned with it. Not because of the bad results, or Radford, or the refereeing, but because I'm struggling to indentify with it anymore. You go to places like Cas and it feels like a proper part of the community. You go to the KC these days and it's just sterile and soulless. This whole move just feels like another small part of the clubs soul has been ripped out.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach13126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2023Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12839_1486909898.png
[b:16wvcohs]"To play your best football you need players with enthusiasm and drive and energy." - [i:16wvcohs]Peter Sterling[/i:16wvcohs][/b:16wvcohs] [quote="Adam Pearson said not":16wvcohs][b:16wvcohs]I know there are two franchises and two clubs (in Hull) and that will remain forever more[/b:16wvcohs][/quote:16wvcohs]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12839.png

Quote: Mr. Zucchini Head "I'm very much against the idea, but the majority of those comments are pathetic. I couldn't care less if Rovers benefit from it as long as we do too. My problem is that I can't see any benefits for either team.

It will be the same coaches we already have working with a smaller pool of players. Kids will slip through the net, and the ones we do catch won't be any better. The draft won't work (if indeed that's how it happens, but I can't see an alternative). Fans will be alienated, as we have already seen. And all the while we won't have done anything to improve the real issue, which is the integration of these players to first team, which is where we have fallen down for as long as I can remember.

What annoys me the most is that Pearson came in and spent years telling us how brilliant he was and how much money he had spent on getting the academy up to scratch, and now that it is baring fruit and we have some youth teams to be proud of he's going to rip it up and start again just to save a few £.

The reason Leeds, Wigan, Saints juniors do so well isn't because they are much more talented that ours, or even that they get better coaching. It's that a) they get introduced slowly into winning teams that have coaches who know to go about doing it. And b) the culture and the standards set by the first team are carried on through every aspect of the club, so that when kids make their debuts they already know what's it's about because that's the way they've always done it anyway. How are we supposed to set a culture and replicate it right through the club when effectively 3 different clubs are involved?

I have supported this club for not far short of 20 years, and obviously a lot of you have followed them for many more. I have already been becoming disillusioned with it. Not because of the bad results, or Radford, or the refereeing, but because I'm struggling to indentify with it anymore. You go to places like Cas and it feels like a proper part of the community. You go to the KC these days and it's just sterile and soulless. This whole move just feels like another small part of the clubs soul has been ripped out.'"

Fair post.

DGM
RankPostsTeam
International Star2490No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73680_1515668157.jpg
[size=85:3idnpzvq]Cup Winners: 1914, 1982, 2005, 2016, 2017. Cup Runners-Up: 1908, 1909, 1910, 1922, 1923, 1959, 1960, 1980, 1983, 1985, 2008, 2013. League Champions: 1920, 1921, 1936, 1956, 1958, 1983. League Runners-Up: 1957, 1982, 1984, 2006.[/size:3idnpzvq]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73680.jpg

Quote: Mr. Zucchini Head "I'm very much against the idea, but the majority of those comments are pathetic. I couldn't care less if Rovers benefit from it as long as we do too. My problem is that I can't see any benefits for either team.

I have supported this club for not far short of 20 years, and obviously a lot of you have followed them for many more. I have already been becoming disillusioned with it. Not because of the bad results, or Radford, or the refereeing, but because I'm struggling to indentify with it anymore. You go to places like Cas and it feels like a proper part of the community. You go to the KC these days and it's just sterile and soulless. This whole move just feels like another small part of the clubs soul has been ripped out.'"

Agree with every bit of that.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach283No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Apr 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
33902_1297340097.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_33902.gif

I fail to see any real positive from this move and can't see a way i'll be convinced otherwise. I want to believe in Pearson and have backed him from the off at FC, but here he's painful misguided. I think this 'venture' is bound to fail and will be abandoned as quickly as it has begun.

I listened to Hudgell's 'interview' keenly on Humberside at the weekend (which was just a PA exercise for Hull KR). Hudgell's final statement said it all for me. Something along the lines of 'please Rovers' fans, believe me when I say I wouldn't do anything that wasn't in the best interests of Hull Kingston Rovers, as that is my one and only concern'. I wouldn't expect him to say anything else, it's his club and passion BUT this attitude is what will break the agreement.

If it is to work the clubs needs set aside their singleminded attitudes and have a common goal, for unified success at junior level in Hull. Hudgell was only a few months ago smugly claiming 'Rovers will no longer sign FC players'....now he wants this linkup? After making a U-turn and backing the marquee player rule he the wants to jump into bed with FC's 'outstanding' academy, allowing more money for player signings. I don't trust him and can't believe Pearson does either.

West isn't East, Black isn't Red and FC will never be KR. The two clubs are defined by their differences and rivalries. Breaking these down to produce a system where we share players is going to be unworkable. The draft system (which is so ill-thought out) would be impossible to implement and i'm sure there will be underhand tricks being used to ensure one club gets the player they want. Surely having a weekly starting squad of 17 players, reduced from 34, is going to limit the progress of the players? It's easy to come on the Radio and say 'the new Academy will produce future GB internationals' but that's not guaranteed. FC's last big batch of top youngsters came in 1998....and that's because they were thrown into the team all at once. Get the players a decent coach and pathway to the first team and you'll see results.

I'd reluctantly accept FC sharing Bishop Burton with Rovers, and see benefits in sharing equipment, transport and resources etc, but this is too much. This 'plan' has left me feeling like FC's identity is being tarnished. In a few years the new academy will crumble to pieces and I'll gladly be one of the many fans ready to tell people 'i told you so'....

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg
[url=//www.facebook.com/wellsmotors:2svvs5eg][img:2svvs5eg]//i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/wellsy13/Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg[/img:2svvs5eg][/url:2svvs5eg]:8202.jpg

Quote: Seph "I fail to see any real positive from this move and can't see a way i'll be convinced otherwise. I want to believe in Pearson and have backed him from the off at FC, but here he's painful misguided. I think this 'venture' is bound to fail and will be abandoned as quickly as it has begun.

I listened to Hudgell's 'interview' keenly on Humberside at the weekend (which was just a PA exercise for Hull KR). Hudgell's final statement said it all for me. Something along the lines of 'please Rovers' fans, believe me when I say I wouldn't do anything that wasn't in the best interests of Hull Kingston Rovers, as that is my one and only concern'. I wouldn't expect him to say anything else, it's his club and passion BUT this attitude is what will break the agreement.

If it is to work the clubs needs set aside their singleminded attitudes and have a common goal, for unified success at junior level in Hull. Hudgell was only a few months ago smugly claiming 'Rovers will no longer sign FC players'....now he wants this linkup? After making a U-turn and backing the marquee player rule he the wants to jump into bed with FC's 'outstanding' academy, allowing more money for player signings. I don't trust him and can't believe Pearson does either.

West isn't East, Black isn't Red and FC will never be KR. The two clubs are defined by their differences and rivalries. Breaking these down to produce a system where we share players is going to be unworkable. The draft system (which is so ill-thought out) would be impossible to implement and i'm sure there will be underhand tricks being used to ensure one club gets the player they want. Surely having a weekly starting squad of 17 players, reduced from 34, is going to limit the progress of the players? It's easy to come on the Radio and say 'the new Academy will produce future GB internationals' but that's not guaranteed. FC's last big batch of top youngsters came in 1998....and that's because they were thrown into the team all at once. Get the players a decent coach and pathway to the first team and you'll see results.

I'd reluctantly accept FC sharing Bishop Burton with Rovers, and see benefits in sharing equipment, transport and resources etc, but this is too much. This 'plan' has left me feeling like FC's identity is being tarnished. In a few years the new academy will crumble to pieces and I'll gladly be one of the many fans ready to tell people 'i told you so'....'"

And if it works and produces England internationals, will you be one f the fans that says "I was wrong" or one of the fans that wishes it to fail just so you can "gladly" let everyone know "I told you so"?

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25668No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Obviously a lot is to do with money, there isn't 40 players aged 17-19 that are good enough to play rugby at this level and will go onto to make SL players, of all the players that played on Saturday I'd bet only 5/6 wil make it. So you are paying 10 plus players plus taking coaching etc time who will never make it.

I'm still on the fench and will see what happens in the next year or so, I hope the clubs are true to their word and they spend big on a top youth coach, who is independent to both clubs.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12097No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wellsy13 "And if it works and produces England internationals, will you be one f the fans that says "I was wrong" or one of the fans that wishes it to fail just so you can "gladly" let everyone know "I told you so"?'"

Of course it will produce England internationals sooner or later, just as the current system has. That doesn't mean it's the best way to go.

RankPostsTeam
International Star580
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif
:disney/00035.gif

Quote: Mr. Zucchini Head "Of course it will produce England internationals sooner or later, just as the current system has. That doesn't mean it's the best way to go.'"

Well it won't have produce many to match the current system.

180 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
180 posts in 13 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3251953125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
2m
Film game
Boss Hog
2m