Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Quote: Mrs Barista "As noble rhetoric this is OK but let's be clear. Custodianship of public assets is your basic job and responsibility, including putting in place the right management arrangements and ensuring compliance. So spare us the emotive BS and act. Talk is cheap. The only substantive thing the council has done so far is not sell/gift him the stadium. Airco illustrates your loss of control and thus far lack of appetite to do what's right rather than what's easy. As Delia would say "Where are you? Let's be having you."'"

Fully agree. We all know nothing will come of it and allam will continue to do what he wants with the stadium

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17123No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

The positive I can see is that Allam has now made enemies of senior members of the Labour Party, the local Labour Party, the Trade unions, HullFC fans, the Premier League, the local sports clubs who use the arena and now even City and Rovers fans are openly questioning him. That's a lot of people to annoy and a lot of battles to wage on many different fronts, he'll come a cropper at some point

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach154
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Just seen on Twitter that the Allam family have put North Ferriby up for sale now.
Not good timing in view of the Arena controversy. The whole family must be completely thick. Living proof that money can't buy brains

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Sebasteeno "A totally over the top and innapropriate response to a councillor who's making positive noises about not taking this lieing down. You should be ashamed of yourself'"

"Making noises". It's the council's job to ensure compliance and shouldn't be dressed up as a public-spirited act of heroism. It's better than saying nothing will continue to be done, granted.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: anijay "Just seen on Twitter that the Allam family have put North Ferriby up for sale now.
Not good timing in view of the Arena controversy. The whole family must be completely thick. Living proof that money can't buy brains'"

I don't think it's a coincidence, they're upping the ante on all possible fronts. A real tipping point for substantive action?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach154
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

You're probably right Mrs B.

Wish the lot of them would sell up everything and move to a desert island

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7320No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19461_1425327910.gif
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19461.gif

Quote: anijay "You're probably right Mrs B.

Wish the lot of them would sell up everything and move to a desert island'"

They'd want to change the name to Allam Island! However we have to be watchful here its only a small step to see who could be next on their hit list! At one time I'd be accused of over reacting and obviously our owner attempts at compliance with all the obsticles that have been put in our way thus far as joint tenants of the Stadium have kept them at bay, but he doesn't like us or our owner so who knows we could be next for a hit! I just hope that the conflict with the council doesnt scupper the talks on handing over the SMC to the authority to run.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach154
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Sep 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Wilf, who would be the best person at the Council to email to register my dismay over the Airco Arena debacle? As a Hull resident and council tax payer I want to see the Council take some firm and decisive action over this before the Allams trample us all underfoot and take over the whole City.

No use contacting councillors in my ward, they are all Lib Dems and would sell the stadium like a shot if they got the chance

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7320No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19461_1425327910.gif
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19461.gif

Brady (Leader), Hale (Dep Leader), Brown (Ex Lord Mayor) ,Gerraghty (Big fan of the Allams)

https://cmis.hullcc.gov.uk/cmis/YourCou ... llors.aspx
Brady (Leader), Hale (Dep Leader), Brown (Ex Lord Mayor) ,Gerraghty (Big fan of the Allams)

https://cmis.hullcc.gov.uk/cmis/YourCou ... llors.aspx

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2569No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35704_1360111280.jpeg
Barton Flyer wrote:texted my son to say light at the end of the tunnel, unfortunately it was a train coming! Re:- Rovers v Salford 29/03/09 HFC Boy wrote:Hull FC have not risen to the Challenge of Hull KR . Success consists of getting up just one more time than you've fallen down.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35704.jpeg

Quote: Mrs Barista "As noble rhetoric this is OK but let's be clear. Custodianship of public assets is your basic job and responsibility, including putting in place the right management arrangements and ensuring compliance. So spare us the emotive BS and act. Talk is cheap. The only substantive thing the council has done so far is not sell/gift him the stadium. Airco illustrates your loss of control and thus far lack of appetite to do what's right rather than what's easy. As Delia would say "Where are you? Let's be having you."'"

You see the problem is Mrs B, you always portray yourself as the all seeing oracle, with quotes to hand to prove your point at the drop of a hat, yet where are your newspaper clippings showing how the Lib Dems watered down the original SMC agreement? the one that has got us in this mess, your right we are custodians, but of what? we can only work with the agreement that was signed betwwen the then council and the SMC, if you think we are just sat here doing nothing it is maybe yourself that is just shouting emotional BS, like I said Hull FC and the other spots clubs have the same rights to use the facilities as Hull City AFC, We will be taking this as far as the law and the contract allows us, and you can't underestimate the part the court of public opinion will play in this matter, your personal insults are ill directed as on this matter I am firmly on the side of the small sports clubs and HULL FC, (just ask Adam) and lets be fair you really don't know whats going on.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3607No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

He was right in the end:

Quote: phil webbo "You see the problem is Mrs B, you always portray yourself as the all seeing oracle, with quotes to hand to prove your point at the drop of a hat, yet where are your newspaper clippings showing how the Lib Dems watered down the original SMC agreement? the one that has got us in this mess, your right we are custodians, but of what? we can only work with the agreement that was signed betwwen the then council and the SMC, if you think we are just sat here doing nothing it is maybe yourself that is just shouting emotional BS, like I said Hull FC and the other spots clubs have the same rights to use the facilities as Hull City AFC, We will be taking this as far as the law and the contract allows us, and you can't underestimate the part the court of public opinion will play in this matter, your personal insults are ill directed as on this matter I am firmly on the side of the small sports clubs and HULL FC, (just ask Adam) and lets be fair you really don't know whats going on.'"

Dont worry she'll send the other playground bullies from the hareem round

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: phil webbo "You see the problem is Mrs B, you always portray yourself as the all seeing oracle, with quotes to hand to prove your point at the drop of a hat, yet where are your newspaper clippings showing how the Lib Dems watered down the original SMC agreement? the one that has got us in this mess, your right we are custodians, but of what? we can only work with the agreement that was signed betwwen the then council and the SMC, if you think we are just sat here doing nothing it is maybe yourself that is just shouting emotional BS, like I said Hull FC and the other spots clubs have the same rights to use the facilities as Hull City AFC, We will be taking this as far as the law and the contract allows us, and you can't underestimate the part the court of public opinion will play in this matter, your personal insults are ill directed as on this matter I am firmly on the side of the small sports clubs and HULL FC, (just ask Adam) and lets be fair you really don't know whats going on.'"

I know it's election time Phil, but look at it from another viewpoint if you are so able. There have been incremental erosions of FC's tenancy for a few years now. Hull Wasps IIRC were priced out of the arena ages ago. Perception which arguably may be totally flawed is that the council have let this go as it's been small scale and not worth the hassle of taking on a loud, dangerous (but generous Labour Party) benefactor over.. The court of public opinion might be your tipping point for action, but surely doing what's right and not easy should be the primary trigger.

We're hugely grateful for your support clearly, but your pitch about not taking it lying down as if there would be something over and above your responsibility to deal appropriately with public asset custodianship and compliance enforcement is a bit weird. If you're fulfilling this role, great. I look forward to the enforcement stage. With the sale of Ferriby and rumoured calling-in of other loans, the ante against Hull sport in its broadest sense is being upped on an hourly basis. Whilst the council 100% played a blinder in not gifting him the stadium, the question may still be asked as to whether this could have been avoided with earlier action.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3872
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11887_1335108466.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11887.png

Phil,

After listening to the interview of Cllr Brady, he seemed to be apprehensive regarding the cost of an injunction served to the Allams.

I hope, I speak for the majority of the citizens of Hull that irrespective of cost, the Council will serve an injunction.

If the Council fail in this matter, the Allam's will see it as carte blanche
to do as they wish, as a Hull FC supporter, it is indeed nervous times.

I back the Council 100%.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator36786
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6505_1460484023.jpg
[i:10za56ci]Hold on to me baby, his bony hands will do you no harm It said in the cards, we lost our souls to the Nameless One[/i:10za56ci]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6505.jpg

While discussion of the Council's role in this (both past and current) is perfectly valid I'd appreciate it if said discussion could be kept non-confrontational. Similarly, the usual cross-city sniping has no place in this thread. We are all trying to pull in the same direction here after all.

Thanks.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3872
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11887_1335108466.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11887.png

Quote: Kosh "While discussion of the Council's role in this (both past and current) is perfectly valid I'd appreciate it if said discussion could be kept non-confrontational. Similarly, the usual cross-city sniping has no place in this thread. We are all trying to pull in the same direction here after all.

Thanks.
'"

Amen......

592 posts in 40 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
592 posts in 40 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.10546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
Boss Hog
10m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
11m