JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5424-2890lipst1ck_d0rk-msnicons.jpg
THANK YOU Mr. PEARSON, FOR RIDDING US OF FCKWIT FUBAR, CEO TOOL AND THE STINKING UNCLE KATH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY DON'T THE DOBBINS PLAY IN GREEN SHIRT, GREEN SHORTS AND GREEN SOCKS IN ORDER TO EXPRESS THEIR INFINITE ENVY OF EVERYTHING BLACK AND WHITE??:icons42da_files/5424-2890lipst1ck_d0rk-msnicons.jpg

Quote: airlie "I cant believe the people are against a Sunday. Ive been going since early 80s and a Sunday was fantastic. We have only been playing Fridays for 3 yrs. Does this mean you have only been a fan for 3 yrs and didnt go to any Sunday games before? Loyal fans will also remember Wednesday nights as well. That was only a 4 day turn over. Also wrapped up through the winter nights/days. I am all for it, bring back the old days. I didnt like Fridays but made the effort to get there somehow.'"

icon_thumb.gif We seem to have a lot of fans who've only been able to go for three seasons.

What the hell did they all do before that? icon_rolleyes.gif icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member43413
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3614_1281651917.jpg
[url:2qyny6du]https://twitter.com/Mr_Hutchie[/url:2qyny6du] [b:2qyny6du]@Mr_Hutchie[/b:2qyny6du] [url:2qyny6du]http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/hullwykearlfc/[/url:2qyny6du]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3614.jpg

Well wonder if Rule will back track on all his pro friday night statements now.

Not too fussed either way myself, pro's and con's for both for me.

At least it will keep the players out of pubs on fri and sat nights

Guess Prinny ave will be busy on a sunday now with lots of 'riff raff' good job that prick with the restraunt has left

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2391
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2020Jun 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18975.jpg
:18975.jpg

Quote: ComeOnYouUll "Hopefully with a new coach and a sucessfull team we will be on Sky a few times.

We may see a good third of our home matches on a Friday night.

I do wonder if the people who will not now be buying a season ticket ever bought one before the move to Fridays.'"
This isnt going to please many passholders that can only make sunday games. usually the bigger games seem to get switched to fridays. It used to annoy people when our home games were sunday and having so many switched usually at short notice too..

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1328
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2023Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19015.jpg
:19015.jpg

Quote: clubfoot fc "wigan and leeds don't appear to have lost a generation of supporters when they moved to friday nights so not sure why we would have.'"

See Agar out thread! icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1599No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Jun 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
10603.jpg
Is it true that Richard Agar's favorite movie of all time is Groundhog Day or does he just generally like the same boring s**t day after day, season after season?:10603.jpg

Quote: The Dentist Wilf "Good POst the RL should have 'had a pair' in the first place and said as with Football that there is a game day and that day is Sunday only exceptions will be for televised games. Then everyone would have known where they were, and the issue of FRidays would never have come about, Sundays have been happening at our club since 1968 and been RL policy since 1974. I feel for those who like FRdidays but they should have never ever been given the option, not by the club, who used the flexibilty they though to the common good, but by the RL, now whatever we do, we please some and alienate others. It should have always stayed as a Sunday!'"

Exactly, it gets me so frustrated when 4 or 5 games are played on a Friday night whilst there is a game on sky. The RFL had to back peddle from their initial demands pretty swiflty before signing the last tv deal as sky could prove that there had been no increase in viewing figures. If games were played on a Friday at Wigan, Hull, Leeds and saints whilst Warrington were on sky, the RL are potentialy missing out on roughly 40.000 fans who could potential watch the wire game if not for the fact that they were attending their own clubs game. It's not rocket science, but somehow still seems to baffle those at red hall.

Increased viewing figures could result in a better tv deal with more exposure and then maybe the next time the RFL want to expand the game in the UK it might have a fighting chance of survival.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1376
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Bad news , I really like the Friday night game. Purely selfish but I wouldn't have gone to some games this year had they been on a Sunday despite having my pass. Just more presure on the weekend time. Simple fact is though IF we change the coach , play entertaining rugby and have some ambition on the pitch then , lets face it we'll all make the time whenever they play. What worries me is that this decision has been taken so quickly , before the result is in in fact , it makes me think that maybe it's importance is being over estimated because of the flack the club got a year ago? It will probably end up neutral pleasing as many as it upsets but I hope AP knows it won't make up for making the serious changes that are required. Will we get the unreserved East Stand back , beer prices down in a concession amongst others from the SMC , being able to drink and have a carvery in our seats as well? I'll just await the news on who is coaching us next year before deciding on anything but if it's Agar and his team on a Sunday, I'm out!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

tbh im not really botherd as it dosent effect me either way but i do believe that all games should be sunday afternoon apart from friday and saturday live televised games. will this boost crowds on its own NO but potentailly with other things changing then hopefully we will see crowds that we should be getting

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach562
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
35230_1286050714.jpg
[size=100:1gwenaug]"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the (Dark) Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you."[/size:1gwenaug]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_35230.jpg

When the switch to Friday nights was made it enabled us to buy season passes for the first time in thirteen years icon_biggrin.gif (the time I'd been in my current job). I have to work alternate weekends so with this and short notice switches to Fridays for Sky it's highly likely we will not be able to justify buying passes for the games we'll be able to get to. icon_frustrated.gif

A knock on effect of this is that for the games we do go to we will not be able to sit in the seats we have done with the people we now call our friends since the very first game at the KC. A genuinely sad time for us that will have a serious impact on what match days mean to us. In short, I'm totally gutted!!! icon_sad.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach378No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013Oct 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46820_1342134244.gif
"You Can't Hug A Memory" - Pete Wylie (Justice Tonight Band):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46820.gif

Quote: Darkside Dave "When the switch to Friday nights was made it enabled us to buy season passes for the first time in thirteen years What about buying a junior pass(es) next season to reserve your seat? Bit of an outlay I know but it may give you a comprimise and access to you regular seat(s) when able to attend.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4473No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42181_1527427546.jpg
"I'm sorry, but I would hope that we would beat Cas with a 1 day turnaround." An arrogant Wigan fan a few days before we stuffed them 18-4 at the JJB.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42181.jpg

As an away fan, the KC is my favourite ground. Fridays can be a problem / ball ache (having to finish work earlier) to get there / it just being impossible, but Sundays are kosher me as an away and probably many others from Yorkshire too who work monday to friday finishing work 5-7pm.

I think your atmosphere will improve with results / performances / style of rugby. Not so much the day / time of a match.

P/s Just watch Hull Cas be switched to sky & a friday night game next season!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1707No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5452-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
"Be you ever so high, the law is above you" "No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is". - Irvin Himmel Tony, Blacklock, Yeaman, Whiting, Raynor, R. Horne, Brough, Dowes, Swain, Carvell, McMenemy, Kearney, Cooke. Replacements: Thackray, King, Chester, Saxton.:icons077e_files/5452-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Darkside Dave "When the switch to Friday nights was made it enabled us to buy season passes for the first time in thirteen years
So in 9 seasons at the KC you have only had a season pass for 3 yet sat in the same seats for the full 9 years. What will be so different next season that mean you can't sit in the same seat? It maybe just me but something doesn't add up with your comment.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1189No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2012Sep 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

There is nothing to do on a Sunday after rugby. You have a few drinks then go home and fall asleep and wake up with a hangover at 8pm.

I won't be renewing!!!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1782
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Hazzer "There is nothing to do on a Sunday after rugby. You have a few drinks then go home and fall asleep and wake up with a hangover at 8pm.

I won't be renewing!!!!'"

My all time favourite reason for not getting a pass.......there's nowt to do after game!

Why not join a club of some sort? I've heard brass rubbing's becoming awfully popular these days

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner37503
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Hazzer "There is nothing to do on a Sunday after rugby. You have a few drinks then go home and fall asleep and wake up with a hangover at 8pm.

I won't be renewing!!!!'"

So, you like Friday as you can get tanked up and go out in town afterwards? For everyone one person that doesnt renew on that basis FC will attract a family to Sunday games, as a family club that is progress in my eyes.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4372No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8077.jpg
Always the Optimist never the Pessimist. Glass Half full not half empty man me.:8077.jpg

Well said Standee, my thoughts exactly majority of people against Sundays are the people who get tanked up afterwards and don't have families. You can go to a pub on a Sunday after a game and there will be plenty of Friday games anyways.

I'm overjoyed with the decision and believe the only reason we moved originally was because of the corporate side of the club but its the real fans that count and Adam has listened to us and all the young kids that go are the future of the club.

When I grew up all the games where Sundays and I went every week with me dad and it may have been different if it was Friday nights.

135 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
135 posts in 10 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.05859375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
FORUM