FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Hull FC > What is the Worst Ground in Super League?
110 posts in 8 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach865
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2018Dec 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

NCP is by far the worst relatively modern stadium I have seen anywhere in any sport. By the 1980's it was possible to build stadiums with unrestricted views anywhere in the ground and there is really no excuse for the abortion the dobbins put up especially considering they effectively had a blank canvas with no restrictions on alignment and such. Yet they still had seats in the best stand where you couldn't see all the pitch. Unbelievably poor but that's why its the worst, they can't even get the barest basics right.

Its one thing to be lumbered with stands that date from the 1950's and earlier and having to make the best you can to improve but to start off rubbish, when the ability to do better existed, as at NCP is inexcusable.

I would be interested if any dobbins apologists can come up with a worse stadium or even stand than NCP of similar vintage.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41353_1310121834.jpg
Never mind the bollox,bring on the rugby::d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_41353.jpg

I love the old grounds,better atmosphere,but New Craven Park really is a dump.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5659
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32444_1318716838.jpg
[quote="Philip Larkin":2lhqd089] There ain’t no music East side of this city That’s mellow like mine is, That’s mellow like mine. [/quote:2lhqd089]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32444.jpg

Quote: barham red "Your post seems to contradict itself somewhat, now I understand the bias but I struggle to understand how you say it can have the worst view leading to think your talking our south stand then go on to criticise the plastic seats which would mean you are talking of the north. I'd struggle to see how anyone who's been to cas can criticise our loo's. Look I know you lot are biased but at least remain consistent.

'"

Not really. First time I went I sat in the Golf stand. It was new then and in decent nick and the loos were OK. Enjoyed the day 'til the horrendous fighting after we won.

Next time we decided to stand with the majority of Hull fans in the South "Stand". I had no idea how bad it was until we got there. The steps were shallow so made seeing difficult even before you take into account the distance from the pitch, the badly positioned advertising boards, the stewards who plonked themselves in front of you at a higher level than you on the grassy expanse, and the driving wind and rain down the "wind tunnel" that is your ground straight into your face. Couldn't even see the Sky screen as the Rovers officials had kindly placed it at an angle which was impossible to view from the the Hull end. Underfoot were rotting hamburgers and other foodstuffs and empty drink bottles everywhere making it dangerous to move in such a cramped space. This waste was old and had obviously been accumulating from previous matches.

The Ladies loos weren't plural. There was a leaking clapboard shack that had one loo out of order and with no door to the cubicle anyway. The other loo had no seat, was barely flushing and had no bog roll. It's door had to be held closed while you were on the loo - an enterprise that was distasteful in the extreme as the door was filthy and had clearly not been cleaned in years. Every female had to use this one loo. There was a filthy cracked basin for hand-washing with a trickle of cold water, no soap and no blower or towels. Whilst one waited in the obviously lengthy queue for the one facility, one was dripped on as the leaky roof could not keep out the rain, a situation which continued while you were trapped in the revolting little cubicle. Disgusting in the extreme. Oh, and we did, of course, have to pay the one-off increased ticket price of £20. Such value for money.

Needless to say it's been the Golf stand every time since then. The view is better but you are still horribly exposed to the elements and, of course, the atmosphere is heavily diluted as you have to sit with fans of both sides. And it is visibly disintegrating, year on year, to the extent that the bloke behind me on the back row's foot did go straight though the rotten floor the year before last. The stewards' answer? Squash up even further so you don't stand on the cracks which were creeping ever outward from the resultant hole.

Craven Park isn't just substandard to Super League requirements. In my experience it's dangerous and a health hazard.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner16136
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2023Mar 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8313_1353798820.jpg
She got the wiggle hip sway hypno sex ray goin' on in my head She got the flippin' hip slide hypno sex siren in my head She got the wiggle hip sway hypno sex ray light's flashin' red:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8313.jpg

Quote: WormInHand "Not really. First time I went I sat in the Golf stand. It was new then and in decent nick and the loos were OK. Enjoyed the day 'til the horrendous fighting after we won.

Next time we decided to stand with the majority of Hull fans in the South "Stand". I had no idea how bad it was until we got there. The steps were shallow so made seeing difficult even before you take into account the distance from the pitch, the badly positioned advertising boards, the stewards who plonked themselves in front of you at a higher level than you on the grassy expanse, and the driving wind and rain down the "wind tunnel" that is your ground straight into your face. Couldn't even see the Sky screen as the Rovers officials had kindly placed it at an angle which was impossible to view from the the Hull end. Underfoot were rotting hamburgers and other foodstuffs and empty drink bottles everywhere making it dangerous to move in such a cramped space. This waste was old and had obviously being accumulating from previous matches.

The Ladies loos weren't plural. There was a leaking clapboard shack that had one loo out of order and with no door to the cubicle anyway. The other loo had no seat, was barely flushing and had no bog roll. It's door had to be held closed while you were on the loo - an enterprise that was distasteful in the extreme as the door was filthy and had clearly not being cleaned in years. Every female had to use this one loo. There was a filthy cracked basin for hand-washing with a trickle of cold water, no soap and no blower or towels. While one waited in the obviously lengthy queue for the one facility, one was dripped on as the leaky roof could not keep out the rain, a situation which continued while you were trapped in the revolting little cubicle. Disgusting in the extreme. Oh, and we did, of course, have to pay one-off increased ticket price of £20. Such value for money.

Needless to say it's been the Golf stand every time since then. The view is better but you are still horribly exposed to the elements and, of course, the atmosphere is heavily diluted as you have to sit with fans of both side. And it is visibly disintegrating, year on year, to the extent that the bloke behind me on the back row's foot did go straight though the rotten floor the year before last. The stewards' answer? Squash up even further so you don't stand on the cracks which were creeping ever outward from the resultant hole.

Craven Park isn't just substandard to Super League requirements. In my experience it's dangerous and a health hazard.'"

But apart from that it was acceptable?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5659
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Feb 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32444_1318716838.jpg
[quote="Philip Larkin":2lhqd089] There ain’t no music East side of this city That’s mellow like mine is, That’s mellow like mine. [/quote:2lhqd089]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32444.jpg

Quote: Neil HFC "But apart from that it was acceptable?'"

No. eusa_snooty.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5410No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
34340_1322737278.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_34340.jpg

Quote: WormInHand "Not really. First time I went I sat in the Golf stand. It was new then and in decent nick and the loos were OK. Enjoyed the day 'til the horrendous fighting after we won.

Next time we decided to stand with the majority of Hull fans in the South "Stand". I had no idea how bad it was until we got there. The steps were shallow so made seeing difficult even before you take into account the distance from the pitch, the badly positioned advertising boards, the stewards who plonked themselves in front of you at a higher level than you on the grassy expanse, and the driving wind and rain down the "wind tunnel" that is your ground straight into your face. Couldn't even see the Sky screen as the Rovers officials had kindly placed it at an angle which was impossible to view from the the Hull end. Underfoot were rotting hamburgers and other foodstuffs and empty drink bottles everywhere making it dangerous to move in such a cramped space. This waste was old and had obviously been accumulating from previous matches.

The Ladies loos weren't plural. There was a leaking clapboard shack that had one loo out of order and with no door to the cubicle anyway. The other loo had no seat, was barely flushing and had no bog roll. It's door had to be held closed while you were on the loo - an enterprise that was distasteful in the extreme as the door was filthy and had clearly not been cleaned in years. Every female had to use this one loo. There was a filthy cracked basin for hand-washing with a trickle of cold water, no soap and no blower or towels. Whilst one waited in the obviously lengthy queue for the one facility, one was dripped on as the leaky roof could not keep out the rain, a situation which continued while you were trapped in the revolting little cubicle. Disgusting in the extreme. Oh, and we did, of course, have to pay the one-off increased ticket price of £20. Such value for money.

Needless to say it's been the Golf stand every time since then. The view is better but you are still horribly exposed to the elements and, of course, the atmosphere is heavily diluted as you have to sit with fans of both sides. And it is visibly disintegrating, year on year, to the extent that the bloke behind me on the back row's foot did go straight though the rotten floor the year before last. The stewards' answer? Squash up even further so you don't stand on the cracks which were creeping ever outward from the resultant hole.

Craven Park isn't just substandard to Super League requirements. In my experience it's dangerous and a health hazard.'"

My 'gripe' with a lot of the criticism levelled at CP is that its not consistent. I'll be the first to agree the South stand is not acceptable and should either not be used or if it is it should be an overspill area that is priced accordingly and that price should reflect the view. Thats a whole other issue that hopefully will be addressed and the urine will stop being extracted when pricing for derbies are sorted. As for the rotting foodstuffs, who left them? that end only has more than a couple of dozen people in it on one occassion a year, if this had not been cleaned for 12 months surely it would have rotted to nothing, if not it can only have been there from the day in question. The only other option is that the Rovers board actually shipped in rotting food stuffs for this game??

The North stand view is good, far better than the view from established grounds such as Leeds, Bradford, Wakefield, to be fair there are few grounds with seats as close to the ground as that stand. Yes its open to the elements but as above so are many grounds in SL. I've had near pneumonia the last 3 times I've been to headingly and am fully expecting the same on Feb the 3rd.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1431No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Mar 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54781_1349275167.jpg
Standee wrote: "because watching hull fc isn't worth the 200+ mile round trip ." I rest my case:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54781.jpg

Quote: Standee "the willows was like down town Mogadishu, .'"

well said icon_lol.gif good comparison apart from Mogadishu is mostly sunny icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star3607No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

He was right in the end:

Can someone link the story where Rovers promised the RFL that in 2010 they would have a 14k capacity venue with more covered seats?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2100No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8079.jpg
:8079.jpg

If you want a REAL laugh read this.....

rlhttp://www.wakefieldwildcats.co.uk/news/wildcats-confident-of-super-league-compliance/2011/06/rl

Drove past the place the other day - needless to say there is no sign of any building work. What a bunch of shysters they are.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7355
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39176.jpg
:39176.jpg

Belle Vue the worst I've been to. Never been Caravan Park, and don't plan to.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner14305
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7063.jpg
‎"They supercede individuals, they supercede the team and they supercede the club. Our club is a traditional, working class club and the supporters are loyal and passionate and to see them go away happy really makes my day." Craig Sandercock.:7063.jpg

Quote: Erik the not red "NCP is by far the worst relatively modern stadium I have seen anywhere in any sport. By the 1980's it was possible to build stadiums with unrestricted views anywhere in the ground and there is really no excuse for the abortion the dobbins put up especially considering they effectively had a blank canvas with no restrictions on alignment and such. Yet they still had seats in the best stand where you couldn't see all the pitch. Unbelievably poor but that's why its the worst, they can't even get the barest basics right.

Its one thing to be lumbered with stands that date from the 1950's and earlier and having to make the best you can to improve but to start off rubbish, when the ability to do better existed, as at NCP is inexcusable.

I would be interested if any dobbins apologists can come up with a worse stadium or even stand than NCP of similar vintage.'"

I agree our stadium is not the best and it never will be however you have clubs like Wakefield and Catleford who have promised improvements and never even remotely got close to delivering. We where ed over with Craven Park and we should have had a far better stadium delivered in 1989 that never happened and that's History. What the new regime ala Hudgell have done under severe financial constraints is massive. In the last 6 years we've delivered.

1) New £400k Pitch.
2) New Bars(Especially the massive East stand bar)
3) New Turnstyles
4) Bought the North Stand. (+1261 Capacity)
5) East Stand extension(+1500 capacity)
6) Opened the Rotary youth club
7) New Gym under East stand
icon_cool.gif New education centre

And soon to be built
1) New North Stand (+2600 Capacity)
2) 2nd East stand extension (+1500 Capacity)

We haven't exactly being stood still on the stadium front.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7355
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39176.jpg
:39176.jpg

Quote: Easty "I agree our stadium is not the best and it never will be however you have clubs like Wakefield and Catleford who have promised improvements and never even remotely got close to delivering. We where loved over with Craven Park and we should have had a far better stadium delivered in 1989 that never happened and that's History. What the new regime ala Hudgell have done under severe financial constraints is massive. In the last 6 years we've delivered.

1) New £400k Pitch.
2) New Bars(Especially the massive East stand bar)
3) New Turnstyles
4) Bought the North Stand. (+1261 Capacity)
5) East Stand extension(+1500 capacity)
6) Opened the Rotary youth club
7) New Gym under East stand
All that and still looks like a pile of .

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2012Jan 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41210_1286194162.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_41210.jpg

Quote: tommyfromhull "Belle Vue the worst I've been to. Never been Caravan Park, and don't plan to.'"

So how do you know it looks like a pile of ???

RankPostsTeam
International Star1288No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2017Feb 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

eastul105 wrote lets be fair Mickey Paea is too good for us.:

Quote: tonylRobin "So how do you know it looks like a pile of ???'"

i,m guessing tv

RankPostsTeam
Moderator11727No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

//www.blackandwhites.co.uk [url=http://twitter.com/jbhfc:1e3jffap]Follow me on Twitter for updates[/url:1e3jffap]:

Probably saw this 5.36279296875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Whitehaven
Scarlet Pimp
24m
Todays match v Saints
The Speculat
28m
Game - Song Titles