FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Hull FC > how bad does it have to get before Radford is sacked?
289 posts in 20 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
RankPostsTeam
International Star1417No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66735_1606413614.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66735.jpg

Quote: ccs "As has been mentioned before, it was the HDM headline that said he was the best winger in SuperLeague, not Radford.

The problem with this forum is that the anti "just about anything I can think of" brigade repeat the same old comments ad nauseam, and eventually after a week, or a month or a year or two, they become fact.

A bit like some of BarnetFC's post.'"

To be fair the only negativity on here is regarding Radford and rightly so.
Yes some people moan for moanings sake but if it wasn't for the fact we are so bad we wouldn't be having this discussion right now at all.
It would be refreshing to actually discuss how well we are doing for a change but alas if Radford remains we will never have that opportunity.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9342
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Statler.gif
"You don't have to be great to start, but to be great you have to start".:Black Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Quote: Salford 1961 "Remind me Baldy about the time your club spent trying to get that "Over Rated Petulant Thug" a visa so he could move to Hull!
Sounds like "If we can't have him he must be Crap".'"

Tbf he's never wanted Hull to sign him and it's not like Chase has exactly set the league alight this season.

ccs
RankPostsTeam
International Star5318
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Is Hodgson the new Griffin, or is it all about pace?:

Quote: BarnetFC "Ok well I object to the insinuation that I'm anti just about everything.'"
Fair enough - that's not what I was suggesting.

My point was that repeated posts on here tend to become "fact" after a period of time, and your comment about Radford, for example, "I thought he was a lousy, ill-disciplined player for us second time around", was not how I saw him.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach9342
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2020May 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Black Backgrounds/Statler.gif
"You don't have to be great to start, but to be great you have to start".:Black Backgrounds/Statler.gif

Who ever thinks that what Radders said in the HDM that Talanoa is the best in the league is an idiot. To me it reads as he's the best at a certain trait. Which is returning the ball well and winning the ruck. Nothing else nothing me. Personally I like him, he's got great commitment, enthusiasm, aggression with a really good step too. His biggest down fall is his positional play defensively and offensively.
He's been a decent addiction to the squad.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8546No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17507_1286953982.jpg
Know your Enemy:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17507.jpg

Quote: BarnetFC "For me the concern isn't the results or the league position. We're told that we're changing our outlook, concentrating on bringing youngsters through rather than signing big names etc and that's always going to take time. Saints have had some poor seasons by their standards of late while they've been fielding kids but it's stood them in good stead because they now have a crop of youngsters with loads of first team experience.

What does alarm me is the amount of players going backwards - including some who you would think would be at the heart of this 'team Hull' business. Lineham and Crooks are the obvious examples but there's Chris Green as well - all a shadow of the players that impressed under Gentle. Jamie Shaul, arguably, not as good as he was last season. Micky Paea nowhere near as good as he was for Rovers last season. Richard Whiting completely bombed out. Watts has been poor. There have been some successes - Westerman, Abdull, Lacaster - but overall the individual players are regressing and the team is getting worse.

So even if you excuse the results, the league position, the questionable man management with young players being publicly bombed out to Doncaster, the inconsistent team selections where players are started one week then dropped altogether the next, the odd behaviour in the transfer market where we've signed people like Carvell and Colbon for no apparent reason only to cast them aside almost immediately, the alarming media statements such as last week's laugh-a-minute claim that Talanoa is one of the best wingers in the competition (presumably we'd find out if he ever went and stood on the chuffin wing) and wrote it all off as inevitable teething problems of a long term project, what faith can you have in Radford to carry out the long term project when players who should be key to it are getting worse?

I thought he was a lousy, ill-disciplined player for us second time around. I thought he was a dreadful captain, standing silently and blowing out of his ars under the posts after we conceded tries while giving away penalties for fun. I think he sounds like that annoying bloke down the pub who reckons he knows everything but actually hasn't got a brain in his head. And so far as coach I think he's been appalling.'"

Great post and some valid questions that needs answering but wont get answered

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12097No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: BarnetFC "Ok well I object to the insinuation that I'm anti just about everything. I'm desperate for Hull FC to do well. It's a fcking long way back to Barnet on a Friday night after the dross we're getting now. I like Pearson and I like his investing in local idea. But I don't see how it tallies with Lineham, Crooks and Green this season and the way Radford is treating them.

Here are our "coach's" comments on Talanoa.

"I don't think there's a better winger in the competition who's better at finding you a ruck win when he's returning the ball. He's been outstanding for us and been a real asset and great to have around the place. We just hope his form, as it has done all year consistently for us, continues. He's the type of bloke you want to get your sets rolling and he's a winger that your forwards appreciate.

"He's been a real find for us this year. I think it epitomises sport and media that all we're talking about is Callum Lancaster, and not Fetuli who had a stand-out performance. He played on the left last week, then we switched him to the right and Callum gets three tries. It's sod's law I suppose. What I saw of him, I knew the kid could play and doing the background checks with opinions that I held in high regards, he was always going to be a player.

"He's turned out great for us."

Has he? Has he really?
Under the Pearson policy our wingers next season should be Lancaster and Lineham surely? I've seen very little from Talanoa to back this sort of enthusiasm from our coach. It's absolutely nothing to do with sod's law that Lancaster got three tries, it's that Lancaster is a talented try scorer and Talanoa is a steady journey-man winger who, incidentally, stands 15-20 yards infield off his wing when the ball is on the other side of the pitch.'"

I have no problem at all with Radford bigging up a player. Makes a welcome change from putting them on the naughty step.

Talanoa lacks the speed to ever be a top class winger, but Radford is right in what he says about his work when carrying the ball. There's not many wingers kicking around who are as good in the collision. He might not be able to shrug off tackles as easily as Briscoe did, but he always finds his knees and elbows and gets the ball played quickly. That is something that most fans will overlook, but it's very important. We use him terribly though. He's shown glimpses of his finishing prowess when he's had chances, but he is lucky if he gets 3 passes a game.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29775No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mr. Zucchini Head "I have no problem at all with Radford bigging up a player. Makes a welcome change from putting them on the naughty step.

Talanoa lacks the speed to ever be a top class winger, but Radford is right in what he says about his work when carrying the ball. There's not many wingers kicking around who are as good in the collision. He might not be able to shrug off tackles as easily as Briscoe did, but he always finds his knees and elbows and gets the ball played quickly. That is something that most fans will overlook, but it's very important. We use him terribly though. He's shown glimpses of his finishing prowess when he's had chances, but he is lucky if he gets 3 passes a game.'"

Same for Lineham yesterday.

Radford's analysis of the game, team selection rationale and tactics do actually sound quite detailed and evidence-based when interviewed. But the players look like they've no structure or plan in attack, no urgency to PTB quickly and no runners, just lateral and pedestrian passing. Salford game was straight out of the Agar 2009 playbook. We have some real quality available, but it's not being harnessed or optimised.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner203No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2015Feb 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: A unknown superstar "Who ever thinks that what Radders said in the HDM that Talanoa is the best in the league is an idiot. To me it reads as he's the best at a certain trait. Which is returning the ball well and winning the ruck. Nothing else nothing me. Personally I like him, he's got great commitment, enthusiasm, aggression with a really good step too. His biggest down fall is his positional play defensively and offensively.
He's been a decent addiction to the squad.'"

Absolutely spot on there are loads of better wingmen in sl who can go 80 yards or can finish in a tight corner but going from dummy half or helping his forwards out he is very good at it, a lot of the time he doesn't get put down which allows either a quick play the ball or a penalty

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach1376
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: A unknown superstar "Who ever thinks that what Radders said in the HDM that Talanoa is the best in the league is an idiot. To me it reads as he's the best at a certain trait. Which is returning the ball well and winning the ruck. Nothing else nothing me. Personally I like him, he's got great commitment, enthusiasm, aggression with a really good step too. His biggest down fall is his positional play defensively and offensively.
He's been a decent addiction to the squad.'"

I agree , I said that Talanoa was probably our MOM against Wire. That said Radford's comments are generally those of a fan rather than a coach or a manager. He wants to do well no doubt about it and he's probably doing his best , the question is will that ever be good enough? What makes it worse is the spin that comes out of the club through Clarky. It's cloyingly and unremittingly positive and that really irritates me and lots of others when it's as plain as the nose on your face that things are bad. The standard of skill and talent in this year's squad is poor , past it or still being refined. Maybe next year will be better but I'm sick of the spin. Having said that what does AP and his mouthpieces say? We're crap but we might get a bit better next year? Radders isn't the answer but there's no one else so back him? We can't persuade the really top players to come here because of what's gone before so we'll have to make do and mend for it bit longer? A bit of reality and honesty would work for me and probably lots of "experts" on here but it'd be quite a departure for any PR department. It's a mess and I wouldn't want to be AP trying to figure out what to do and how to sell 8,000 passes for next season , one of the most important in the club's history.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2417
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59871_1384965068.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59871.gif

Barnet's comments about lineham, Crooks and Green have ben covered before in other posts. All three have had prolongued injuries. Crooks appears to be struggling to find any confident form. Lineham is stil on his comeback and we've got props already fit and playing. His comments about Talanoa have taken the Radford interview out of context.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2417
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59871_1384965068.gif

Quote: HULLFC 4 LIFE "I have been going for around 17 years and i am thinking of not getting a pass next season which will be the first for quite a while. I think i will just choose the games i want to go to, i am not willing to pay another £50 for away games either to watch what we saw last night.

People spend their hard earned money to go and support the team and they play like that. I left the game last night and heard a few supporters who are mentioning of not going anymore as they have had enough.'"

Strange post considering your avatar

RankPostsTeam
International Star371No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67012_1403182766.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67012.png

Quote: Armavinit "Strange post considering your avatar'"

Don't get me wrong i will still probably end up getting a pass but my main point is that people spend their hard earned money to watch that rubbish like yesterday. I have gone to a few away games this season St Helens, Warrington, Castleford, Leeds and Widnes and yesterday and i think the only decent performance was against Widnes after that win i thought we had turned a corner like most fans thought but obviously not we have gone backwards again.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1417No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66735_1606413614.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66735.jpg

Quote: Armavinit "Strange post considering your avatar'"

He is only 17 years old so a valid avatar icon_razz.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star371No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2014Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67012_1403182766.png
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67012.png

Quote: Bombed Out "He is only 17 years old so a valid avatar
23 actually started going when was 6

RankPostsTeam
International Star2417
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59871_1384965068.gif

I'll definitely renew my pass, I get a concession now icon_smile.gif As I said earlier, I've been watching this stuff on and off for 50 years, same old same old to me.

289 posts in 20 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
289 posts in 20 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.6337890625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
ChampagneSup
12m
BORED The Band Name Game
Cokey
23m
Tonights match v HKR
ninearches
24m
Recruitment rumours and links
Smiffy27
26m
Questions for Ste Mills
vastman
29m
Film game
Boss Hog
56m
TV Games - Not Hull
Irregular Ho
Recent
Fev H Play Off
Highlander
Recent
Grand final Tickets
Azul
Recent
2024 IMG gradings
jbuzza
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
30s
Season tickets
Hudd-Shay
31s
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
45s
TV Games - Not Hull
Irregular Ho
1m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Jack Gaskell
1m
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
1m
Film game
Boss Hog
1m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
Trebor1
1m
ChampagneSup
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth Consecutive Title
RLFANS News
TODAY
Seeking favourite images from grounds - past or present
retrosports
TODAY
Grand final Tickets
Azul
TODAY
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Grand Final Place
RLFANS News
TODAY
Refs referring it to video as a try or not
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Questions for Ste Mills
vastman
TODAY
Decision on the field
MR FRISK
TODAY
ChampagneSup
TODAY
Worst semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Tony Fax
TODAY
Sam Burgess
sally cinnam
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
ninearches
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Trainman
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
jbuzza
TODAY
Championship Awards
FIL
TODAY
Season tickets
Hudd-Shay
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Penrith Panthers Secure Fourth..
Wigan Humiliate Leigh For Gran..
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 3,624 ↑25680,13314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
 FT
Hover 
Melbourne
6-14
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26

15:00
Keighley
0-6
Hunslet
Latest
       Championship 2024-R29

Bradford
4-0
Featherstone
Latest
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sat 12th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R30
18:00
Hull KR
v
Wigan
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley0-6Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 12th Oct
SL
18:00
Hull KR-Wigan
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 6th Oct
L1
LIVE
Keighley0-6Hunslet
CH
LIVE
Bradford4-0Featherstone
NRL
LIVE
Melbourne6-14Penrith
Sat 5th Oct
CH 29 York27-10Widnes
SL 29 Wigan38-0Leigh
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 28 759 336 423 46
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 29 580 442 138 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Bradford 27 682 387 295 36
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
York 28 682 479 203 32
Widnes 27 561 502 59 29
Featherstone 27 622 504 118 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22