Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

I think the club needs to do more to attract fans back to the club, going to RL is a habit and once someone has broken out of the habit it is hard to get them back. Also some fans who have stopped attending may be unaware of the improvements we have made, last weeks result against Bradford for example looked a narrow win on paper, but in reality it was one of the most positive attacking games we've seen from Hull in years and was a good game to watch.

we need to look at what Wigan have done over the last 2-3 seasons with their 'big one' ticket offers, where they target a game with cheap prices and giveaway tickets to major local employers.

games such as the next two coming up (Wigan and Leeds) are exactly the kind of games we should be targeting, and I'd include offering cheap tickets to away fans as part of the promotion.

I also wonder if offering a small discount for tickets bought in advance (a system used by many SL clubs) would help, as then fans would buy early and would still attend despite injury crises (this week) bad weather (Wire and Wakefield games) and wouldn't be tempted by non-rugby events at last minute.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman12768No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
663_1379281559.jpg
[b:1g6itio7][color=#000000:1g6itio7]Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.; [/color:1g6itio7][/b:1g6itio7]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_663.jpg

Quote: UllFC "I think the club needs to do more to attract fans back to the club, going to RL is a habit and once someone has broken out of the habit it is hard to get them back. Also some fans who have stopped attending may be unaware of the improvements we have made, last weeks result against Bradford for example looked a narrow win on paper, but in reality it was one of the most positive attacking games we've seen from Hull in years and was a good game to watch.

we need to look at what Wigan have done over the last 2-3 seasons with their 'big one' ticket offers, where they target a game with cheap prices and giveaway tickets to major local employers.

games such as the next two coming up (Wigan and Leeds) are exactly the kind of games we should be targeting, and I'd include offering cheap tickets to away fans as part of the promotion.

I also wonder if offering a small discount for tickets bought in advance (a system used by many SL clubs) would help, as then fans would buy early and would still attend despite injury crises (this week) bad weather (Wire and Wakefield games) and wouldn't be tempted by non-rugby events at last minute.'"

I could not agree more.

I have not been to a Derby match for some time ( ex Horneys testimonial) and for the last few years I have been more away then home. I honestly lost the bug because I could not get to Friday matches I chose to walk away. Now its back to Sundays and the fare on offer is far better, its not perfect but I can see we are heading in the right direction.

Far too many fans where driven away in the last few years with indifferent rugby and a managment that milked them dry. Its going to take time and with the recession it may be longer now. Many teams are suffering stagnant or falling gates in many sports and its a matter of weathering the storm and survival of the fittest.

I am confident we will weather the storm and come trough better, we need to be patient now.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach243No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
21727.jpg
:21727.jpg

Wind your necks in. The best signing hfc has done for a long time is Adam. Trust him. He knows what he's doing.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner22031
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7078_1361913407.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7078.jpg

Quote: UllFC "I think the club needs to do more to attract fans back to the club, going to RL is a habit and once someone has broken out of the habit it is hard to get them back. Also some fans who have stopped attending may be unaware of the improvements we have made, last weeks result against Bradford for example looked a narrow win on paper, but in reality it was one of the most positive attacking games we've seen from Hull in years and was a good game to watch.

I also wonder if offering a small discount for tickets bought in advance (a system used by many SL clubs) would help, as then fans would buy early and would still attend despite injury crises (this week) bad weather (Wire and Wakefield games) and wouldn't be tempted by non-rugby events at last minute.'"

Agree with all that.

Wigan's marketing in recent seasons has been excellent and they've reaped the rewards, although having a decent team helped of course icon_wink.gif

Pearson is right in what he says though we need to get the attendances up. It's worth pointing out the average attendance increased from 2008 to 2010 despite the area being badly affected by the credit crunch and the recession.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach243No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2014Feb 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
21727.jpg
:21727.jpg

Btw. Hull will win. Bring on the shouts of 'You're supposed to be at home'

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10852No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
28995_1336988015.jpg
Christianity: because you're so awful you made God kill himself.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_28995.jpg

Quote: ComeOnYouUll "
Quote: ComeOnYouUll "I think the club needs to do more to attract fans back to the club, going to RL is a habit and once someone has broken out of the habit it is hard to get them back. Also some fans who have stopped attending may be unaware of the improvements we have made, last weeks result against Bradford for example looked a narrow win on paper, but in reality it was one of the most positive attacking games we've seen from Hull in years and was a good game to watch.

Agree with all that.

Wigan's marketing in recent seasons has been excellent and they've reaped the rewards, although having a decent team helped of course
I think it will increase again, I just hope AP has the realism to appreciate how long it will take, and the patience to wait that long.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1431No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2013Mar 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
54781_1349275167.jpg
Standee wrote: "because watching hull fc isn't worth the 200+ mile round trip ." I rest my case:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_54781.jpg

Quote: Baboon "Wind your necks in. The best signing hfc has done for a long time is Adam. Trust him. He knows what he's doing.'"

well said,

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach529
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22071.jpg
:22071.jpg

I didn't renew passes after several years, but still going nearly every week - happy to pay more for better product and will probably renew next season.........

But

Handling of dramatic pass reductions was poor.

Scrapping of voucher exchange ill thought out & cost much goodwill.

From a marketing point of view rather bemused I have had NO comunication from the club - no promotional offers, no incentives - not even a fixture list !

I have done the odd corporate & provided e mail address for prize draw - assumed I would get marketed and happy to be, had absolutely nothing - thought skill in marketing was optimising spend from existing customers - this ain't happening.

Regardless, product MUCH better & nice to see smiles in the stadium again after seasons of despair.

In Adam we trust......

afm

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6341No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27668_1549011243.png
Twitter : @TheResidentPete:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_27668.png

We play each other too many times and the novelty of having the derby back is starting to wear thin when you think we have had 4 games against rovers each season over the past few years. I don't think the derby is attracting the arm chair fans as it used to.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach101No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We do need the fans back upto the 14000 gates of a few years ago every week but lets not forget that if we get 19500 it's still a very good crowd even for a derby and forgetting finals I bet there aren't many crowds over the years that have surpassed this figure. It's getting the fans to return to your average matches such as Bradford, Wakefield, Cas etc that we need to continually work to get the support back. But I am sure in time it will happen under Pearson and Gentle. I have every faith under their stewardship the club will get to where we all want the club, at the top of the game!

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17123No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: pmarrow "We play each other too many times and the novelty of having the derby back is starting to wear thin when you think we have had 4 games against rovers each season over the past few years. I don't think the derby is attracting the arm chair fans as it used to.'"

I agree that the 4 derby's a year in the early years haven't helped.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach11593
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16831.gif
:16831.gif

if the club can sustain its league position throughout the season, (top 5), i expect people to come back and support the team, just look at hull citys' gates in 2008, upto the final few games before the play offs, they were only getting 14-16,000 then the last 2 or 3 games they were hitting 20,000+!, people will only come and watch a succesfull team, so if pearson wants those missing fans back, then i hope we are still up the top end of the league come mid summer

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3378
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11213.gif
:11213.gif

Did the loss of the voucher exchange scheme put anyone here off getting a season pass?

If being able to give someone an unused voucher to attend a match, might get them going more often.

They could do a bring a friend rally back, and give pass holders a chance to pre purchase a reduced price ticket to bring a friend for a specified game.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1707No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons077e_files/5452-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg
"Be you ever so high, the law is above you" "No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is". - Irvin Himmel Tony, Blacklock, Yeaman, Whiting, Raynor, R. Horne, Brough, Dowes, Swain, Carvell, McMenemy, Kearney, Cooke. Replacements: Thackray, King, Chester, Saxton.:icons077e_files/5452-3678dentheman-msnicons.jpg

Quote: Isaiah "Did the loss of the voucher exchange scheme put anyone here off getting a season pass?

If being able to give someone an unused voucher to attend a match, might get them going more often.

They could do a bring a friend rally back, and give pass holders a chance to pre purchase a reduced price ticket to bring a friend for a specified game.'"

It stopped me getting a pass. living in the south means i have to pick and choose games for a variety of reasons. By having the voucher scheme i could save the vouchers and attend games with my wife. without it the cost goes up.
i suspect AP saw the Wire crowd last year and smiled. then saw gate receipts and was less than happy.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach744No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2012Jun 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Thank you Adam Pearson for giving the faithful hope:

Quote: Graham Richards "It stopped me getting a pass. living in the south means i have to pick and choose games for a variety of reasons. By having the voucher scheme i could save the vouchers and attend games with my wife. without it the cost goes up.
i suspect AP saw the Wire crowd last year and smiled. then saw gate receipts and was less than happy.'"

Yeah 16000 gate against Warrington and I bet only about 3000 paid

89 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
89 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3173828125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
17m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
17m