JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I'd just like to see a more attacking style of play and like Sheldon says, use players correctly. We have some very exciting young backs, so lets get the ball to them and see what they can do.

I feel Gentles safe style rugby and gameplan didn't help players like Miller, Lineham and Westerman, hopefully this will improve under Radford.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6766No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30566.jpg
I don't see it as a job. It is a passion and love that we all share. Neil Hudgell:30566.jpg

Quote: heard1989 "Well why would they pass to him if he's not on form an has a centre that wasn't upto scratch either. Instead they passed to a centre wing partnership that was on form, who turned out to be in the dream team.

2 Players we've replaced him with. Tom Biggs Rugby Union international who has followed FC most his life. Knows the 13 man game good plus being a winger isn't much of a change. Second Talanoa, big strong player who looks quite good.

Yes Briscoe is a good player and we have lost an international. But for the replacements we have for him i feel we've done some good business.'"

A rugby Union international? Come off it! I don't class Josh Hodgson as an international, why on earth would you with Biggs? Plus when was these clips of Talanoa when he looked good?

Its another position on the pitch for FC that has gone backwards.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach756No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200817 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

just read article in the sun saying hull are targeting Jordan rankin.thats one we can rule out then.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25669No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Backs have much stronger depth, this season we go it the start with:

Shaul
Mcdonnell
Lineham
Crookes
Yeaman
Crooks
Arundal
Talnoa
possible Biggs

Last season at the start we had

Mcdonnell
Lineham
Crookes
Yeaman
Crooks
Arundal
Briscoe

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10540No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32093.jpg
:32093.jpg

Quote: Dave K. "Certainly lots of gambles, if it pays off we could surprise a few people (including myself).'"

Definitely. More than we perhaps should, and definitely more than I think it's reasonable to extract confidence from. As you say though, there could (and I really hope will) be enough pay-off to surprise.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman3462No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44.jpg
:44.jpg

We are a team in transition so how well we go will come down to how well the young players do. If the likes of Shaul, Crooks and Lineham continue their form, if players like Miller, Bowden and Green step up and then some other kids come through then we could mount an entertaining challenge. It would be foolish to expect it though.

I think the really important thing for 2014 is player development. We have good prospects in nearly every position but we don't know if they will make it at the top level. I'd be happy if by this time next year we have another couple of players making the grade to add to our core of young talent.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1346No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
66961_1333032869.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_66961.jpg

Hull have been in transition for years though due to pi$$ poor signings & retention and changes in coach every few years.

That's not going to change for the foreseeable signing jokers like Thompson, Talanoa & Feka.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3460
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Challenge Cup Winners 2016 (at Wembley) - HULL FC:

Quote: carl_spackler "Definitely. More than we perhaps should, and definitely more than I think it's reasonable to extract confidence from. As you say though, there could (and I really hope will) be enough pay-off to surprise.'"

As i keep saying. Time will tell.

Certainly have some size in the back division though icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12741
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
29236_1274658750.jpeg
[quote="Big Dave T":pcftkvui]It's safe to say you'd be better believing TKOAH! :wink: :D [/quote:pcftkvui] [quote="Stan Butler":pcftkvui]And the next one to be TKO(H)'d....... :lol:[/quote:pcftkvui] [quote="Rufus Robin":pcftkvui]we share the city with an admittedly bigger club[/quote:pcftkvui] [b:pcftkvui]All Derby matches: Played 214; Hull won 106; Rovers won 98; Draw 10[/b:pcftkvui]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_29236.jpeg

Quote: Rupert Pupkin "Totally agree with you regarding Paea and O'Meley!

Massive loss of experience in the forwards, massive!

In reality, Feka just ain't going to cut it, it will take something nobody has seen in 3 years to become a good player again, I seriously doubt he can pull it off.

Millers defence also looked really poor at times.

I think with the loss of international/former international players the loss of experience could be a real problem.'"

Yeah, we should have signed 2 papuans and a championship player lol

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6766No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30566.jpg
I don't see it as a job. It is a passion and love that we all share. Neil Hudgell:30566.jpg

Quote: TKOAH "Yeah, we should have signed 2 papuans and a championship player lol'"

I'm more than happy with our recruitment, can you say the same regarding yours?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10540No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32093.jpg
:32093.jpg

Quote: Rupert Pupkin "I'm more than happy with our recruitment, can you say the same regarding yours?'"

Pretty meaningless that though, isn't it? Being happy with something depends upon your expectations/demands from it. My 3-year-old is happy with our Nigella Lawson fridge magnet when she wants to ring people up and talk to them, but I'll still stick with the phone.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Rupert Pupkin "I'm more than happy with our recruitment, can you say the same regarding yours?'"

Ours is OK, same as yours, a few risks, your pack looks solid but still have the worst defensive backs in SL, halfbacks are average.

Poore and Weyman are decent, but never was great last season, Langley and Costigan are plodders, never really seen the Catalan forward, so can't comment on him. Walker a risk as injury problems.

The PNG forwards are awful, no idea why you have signed them.

Iv'e seen nothing to suggest Sandercock is a good coach either.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6766No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30566.jpg

Quote: Dave K. "Ours is OK, same as yours, a few risks, your pack looks solid but still have the worst defensive backs in SL, halfbacks are average.

Poore and Weyman are decent, but never was great last season, Langley and Costigan are plodders, never really seen the Catalan forward, so can't comment on him. Walker a risk as injury problems.

The PNG forwards are awful, no idea why you have signed them.

Iv'e seen nothing to suggest Sandercock is a good coach either.'"

Our outside backs that have had problems defensively will hopefully have some better defenders on the inside of them for this coming season. Lorroyer, Costigan and possibly Langley should stiffen us up in this area.

Burns started off pretty slowly but once got upto speed was very good in the second half of the season. Keating is good and has maybe been unlucky to be up against a quality young player at the Doggies, will bring a totally different game from Dobson which IMO could be a worry as both him and Burns are not particularly great organisers. I doubt we will have as good of a kicking game as we have had with Dobson in the team but this can be worked on. We will be far better defensively in the halves!

Poore and former team mate Weyman should go well but I do have slight doubts regarding Weymans fitness, two good big solid forwards. Langley is a player who I have always liked but did IMO go a bit stale at the Bulls, think a new club will do him a world of good. Costigan was nice and steady in a good team that did well in the playoffs, will offer good defence and a calming influence in the middle of the park. Larroyer is a strange one, I thought he looked real quality in the second half of the season and I am surprised Catalan have released him, I think he will go really well if he can settle. Walker is a worry with his injury record but we have done well out of his brother so probably worth the punt, plus we have more depth in the forwards this year.

Who knows with the PNG players, can't see them getting much game time, if any!

I think Sandy did really well last season considering the injuries and a few decisions that went against us, deserved an extension to his contract.

RankPostsTeam
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Rupert Pupkin "Our outside backs that have had problems defensively will hopefully have some better defenders on the inside of them for this coming season. Lorroyer, Costigan and possibly Langley should stiffen us up in this area.

Burns started off pretty slowly but once got upto speed was very good in the second half of the season. Keating is good and has maybe been unlucky to be up against a quality young player at the Doggies, will bring a totally different game from Dobson which IMO could be a worry as both him and Burns are not particularly great organisers. I doubt we will have as good of a kicking game as we have had with Dobson in the team but this can be worked on. We will be far better defensively in the halves!

Poore and former team mate Weyman should go well but I do have slight doubts regarding Weymans fitness, two good big solid forwards. Langley is a player who I have always liked but did IMO go a bit stale at the Bulls, think a new club will do him a world of good. Costigan was nice and steady in a good team that did well in the playoffs, will offer good defence and a calming influence in the middle of the park. Larroyer is a strange one, I thought he looked real quality in the second half of the season and I am surprised Catalan have released him, I think he will go really well if he can settle. Walker is a worry with his injury record but we have done well out of his brother so probably worth the punt, plus we have more depth in the forwards this year.

Who knows with the PNG players, can't see them getting much game time, if any!

I think Sandy did really well last season considering the injuries and a few decisions that went against us, deserved an extension to his contract.'"

Lets just say everyone Rovers sign are brilliant, everyone we sign is rubbish.

Obviously like previous years you should finish above Hull and make a big impact in the play offs.

I'd doubt you have ever seen these NRL players play.

Your spin is brilliant and you sound like Sandy making excuses, every team had injuries and bad decisions, its hope you cope with them.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6766No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30566.jpg

Quote: Dave K. "I'd doubt you have ever seen these NRL players play.'"

Actually been physically at the game, your probably right, especially with the NRL players, well done for pointing that out. On the other hand I have watched the NRL for numerous years, I'm just hoping Eden turns out to be the next 'Brandy'.

117 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
117 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.13330078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
6m
Play-off semi-final
dboy
9m