JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2014May 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

1.Word Gets Around- Stereophonics, my favourite band and still one of the best debut albums ever.

2.Performance and Cocktails - Stereophonics, last phonics album I'll put in cos I could get boring, but got some classic tunes on and gave us Bartender and the Thief, the best live song I've ever heard.

3.L.A Woman - The Doors, I was born two years after Jim Morrison died, but can remember hearing Light my fire when I was young and I was hooked, this album because it was their last studio album and is most probably their most bluesy ( if that's a word ) as well, he also epitamised the sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll lifestyle. When I got married in 2001 I took my wife to Paris on the pretense it was romantic, when I really only wanted to visit his grave, one of the best moments of my life, except our divorce afterwards icon_lol.gif

4. We'll live and die in these towns - The Enemy, saw them as a support band to Stereophonics and never seen a crowd react like they did, seen them a few times since, fantastic live and could listen to Away from here, over and over. If you get a chance listen to the new album, Streets in the sky.

5. Sunny Side Up - Paulo Nutini, could also have had These Streets. Just a fantastic voice, soulful and vibrant and great live, although he is usually pi$$ed eusa_clap.gif

6. Do It Yourself - The Seahorses, although not a massive Stone Roses fan, I saw these live and loved them. John Squire and Chris Helme although only producing one album just did it for me, blinded by the sun and Love is the law, just quality. Still go to watch Chris Helme around York every now and again, to remember good times.

7. Crazy Love - Mickey Bubbles, everyone loves cheesy pop and this is mine.

8. Angels and Enemies - Sound of Guns, only got into them in the last six months, but what a cracking sound. Fooking great live with big anthemic tunes.

9. The Best of Suede - Suede, Just anything by Suede, the more the better. Brett Anderson icon_thumb.gif

10. Baby I don't care - Transvision Vamp, Wendy James, my teenage crush, spent hours listening to them on my personal stereo !!!!! and hours looking at her posters icon_hearteyes.gif

Hope it's not too boring, could most probably do 50 albums.

Special mentions to Shed Seven, Weller and The Jam, Simon and Garfunkel, The Stranglers, Free, Thin Lizzy, ELO, Squeeze, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Amy Winehouse, The Cure and many, many more

RankPostsTeam
International Star211No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2012Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: BP1 "Oasis should've split up the moment they walked off the stage at Knebworth (Aug 96) instead of spending the next 13 years offering up re-heated leftovers.

If they'd done that they would be talked about in the same breath as the Pistols today as one of Britain's iconic bands. I get the feeling that even Noel Gallagher is partly of that opinion today.'"

The only album that was 'leftovers' was be here now. The rest of the albums only got such a bad reception because they didn't live up to the first two but there still great albums

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach185
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46651_1545578445.jpg
Sam Tyler: "I think we need to investigate if this attempted murder was a hate crime." Gene Hunt: "What, as opposed to those "I really, really like you" sort of murders?!":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46651.jpg

Just a few of mine
Anything by the Beatles post 67
All Oasis
Stone Roses-Stone Roses
Give 'Em Enough Rope-The Clash
Combat Rock-The Clash
Never Mind The Bollocks-Sex Pistols
Sound Affects-The Jam
In the City-The Jam
The Gift-Jam
Dusty in Memphis-Dusty Springfield
Hunky Dory-Bowie
Fun House-The Stooges
Damned Damned Damned-Damned
Urban Hymns-Verve
You've come a long way baby -Fatboy slim
Any Prodigy

RankPostsTeam
International Star5202
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67329_1392756525.jpg
Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand Workin' in the dark against your fellow man But as sure as God made black and white What's down in the dark will be brought to the light:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67329.jpg

Bit o/t but iron maiden and pearl jam are confirmed for download at donnington next year k020.gif k020.gif k020.gif icon_biggrin.gifRUMMER: icon_biggrin.gifRUMMER: k020.gif k020.gif k020.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach631No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44173_1343171143.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44173.jpg

Quote: Legends and Icons "Bit o/t but iron maiden and pearl jam are confirmed for download at donnington next year

Seen Maiden at the Hallam arena Sheffield, really realy good, not a fan of Peral Jam and thought they were a bit boring. Also saw NIN at Leeds and wasn't really a fan but they were proper awesome live. trent Reznor is a front man of the highest calibre.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5202
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2018Jan 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67329_1392756525.jpg
Well you may throw your rock and hide your hand Workin' in the dark against your fellow man But as sure as God made black and white What's down in the dark will be brought to the light:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67329.jpg

Quote: Edenmain "Seen Maiden at the Hallam arena Sheffield, really realy good, not a fan of Peral Jam and thought they were a bit boring. Also saw NIN at Leeds and wasn't really a fan but they were proper awesome live. trent Reznor is a front man of the highest calibre.'"

I saw maiden at motor point last year . Never really heard much of them until I got with the missus and now she has broadend my musical horizon haha maidan , sabath ,ac/dc , pearl jam , matalica all class . Led zep will never be beat imo tho

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach51No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2013Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30112.jpg
You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows:30112.jpg

Closer-Joy Division - personal life soundtrack
Infidels-Bob Dylan
Physical Graffiti-Led Zeppelin
The Clash-The Clash
Pretenders-Pretenders
In Rainbows-Radiohead
Scarlet's Walk-Tori Amos
Greatest Hits-Slade
Cohen Live Leonard Cohen
The wild the Innocent..-Springsteen
Station To Station -Bowie
Diamond Dogs-Bowie
Ten-Pearl Jam

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12592
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Fridays tunes-: icon_razz.gif

Daisies of the Galaxy - The Eels
Greatest Hits - Tupac Shakur
Sulk - Associates
Penthouse and Pavement - Heaven 17
This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours - Manics

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach122No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2012Nov 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
18839.jpg
FC FOR EVER...Rovers never !!:18839.jpg

Metallica - Black Album
AC/DC - Black Ice
Thin Lizzy - Live & Dangerous
Rainbow- Straight Between The Eyes
Whitesnake - 1987
Dio - Holydiver
Rush - 1ST Album
Queen - Sheer Heart Attack
Nickelback - Silver Side Up
Europe - Last Look At Eden
Seether - Disclaimer II
Evanescence - Fallen
Nightwish - Once
Dan Reed Network - Slam
The Members - At a Chelsea Nightclub
The Clash - London Calling
U2 - How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
Elvis Costellom - My Aim Is True
The Police - Outlandos D`amour
Pretenders- 1st Album
Icehouse - Man Of Colours

BP1
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach996
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB17.gif
I've been on the internet and have already got a sense of the fans' passion for the club. They are very fanatical - Peter Gentle 12th September 2011. Money doesn't talk it swears, Obscenity who really cares, Propaganda all is phony. I'm the son and heir of a shyness which is criminally vulgar. Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way. A man who lives in hell can still aspire to heaven.:cartoons/WB17.gif

Quote: boro_boy "Closer-Joy Division - personal life soundtrack
'"

Jeez, I know following a team can be so frustrating and heartwrenching (particularly Fc icon_smile.gif ), but having that album as a personal soundtrack is one intense choice (and that is coming from someone who has loved it since 1980).

Chris28 and myself had a brief discussion about JD earlier in the thread and agreed that you have to be a certain kind of person to be able to see the beauty of Closer through the pain and anguish of the circumstances surrounding its recording and release.

Just stay away from any clothes-lines mate icon_smile.gif .

BP1
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach996
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB17.gif
I've been on the internet and have already got a sense of the fans' passion for the club. They are very fanatical - Peter Gentle 12th September 2011. Money doesn't talk it swears, Obscenity who really cares, Propaganda all is phony. I'm the son and heir of a shyness which is criminally vulgar. Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way. A man who lives in hell can still aspire to heaven.:cartoons/WB17.gif

Quote: Black and white v2 "The only album that was 'leftovers' was be here now. The rest of the albums only got such a bad reception because they didn't live up to the first two but there still great albums'"

None of the post Morning Glory albums are particulary bad per se (even the overblown mess that is Be Here Now has its moments) although I would stop short of calling any of them great. Most of them are a decent enough listen, trotted out in the well established Oasis sound (even the two post split releases) with the odd cracking tune sprinkled here and there.

The problem with all of the Gallaghers post 1996 work (as you point out above) is that they are forever destined to live in the shadow of the first two Oasis albums which cut such a blaze of glory through British popular youth culture during 94-96 (the so called Britpop years) meaning it was virtually impossible for Noel Gallagher to maintain those standards whilst continuing to exert an influence over British rock/pop as a whole.

He certainly isn't the first rock star to be confronted with this dilemma (the second half of Led Zeppelin's career suffered in the same way for instance), but ultimately the Gallaghers post 1996 work is a pleasant enough listen without quite having the white knuckle ride feel of those first two iconic releases and I'm afraid they suffer accordingly.

I'm pretty sure you will heartily disagree with all of the above, as many others doubtless will icon_biggrin.gif , but for what it's worth that's my opinion.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach361No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2018May 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

quadrophenia- the who
unknown pleasures- joy division
closer- joy division
purple rain- prince
rumours- fleetwood mac
cockney rejects-live n loud
stone roses- stone roses
delicate sound of thunder- pink floyd
never mind the - sex pistols
the clash- the clash
madstock- madness
the specials- the specials
the joshua tree- u2
white ladder- david gray
9th symphony- beethoven-furtwangler
tubular bells- mike oldfield
you could go on and on couldnt you

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach51No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2013Nov 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30112.jpg
You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows:30112.jpg

Quote: BP1 "Jeez, I know following a team can be so frustrating and heartwrenching (particularly Fc
I understand where you're coming from, it is extremely dark and can be a unhealthy indulgence in a way, but I do rate it as a really beautiful work of original art in a way no other great album is.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10540No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32093.jpg
:32093.jpg

Quote: boro_boy "Closer-Joy Division - personal life soundtrack
Infidels-Bob Dylan
Physical Graffiti-Led Zeppelin
The Clash-The Clash
Pretenders-Pretenders
In Rainbows-Radiohead
Scarlet's Walk-Tori Amos
Greatest Hits-Slade
Cohen Live Leonard Cohen
The wild the Innocent..-Springsteen
Station To Station -Bowie
Diamond Dogs-Bowie
Ten-Pearl Jam'"

Blimey, you must be a happy camper. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star211No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2012Oct 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: BP1 "None of the post Morning Glory albums are particulary bad per se (even the overblown mess that is Be Here Now has its moments) although I would stop short of calling any of them great. Most of them are a decent enough listen, trotted out in the well established Oasis sound (even the two post split releases) with the odd cracking tune sprinkled here and there.

The problem with all of the Gallaghers post 1996 work (as you point out above) is that they are forever destined to live in the shadow of the first two Oasis albums which cut such a blaze of glory through British popular youth culture during 94-96 (the so called Britpop years) meaning it was virtually impossible for Noel Gallagher to maintain those standards whilst continuing to exert an influence over British rock/pop as a whole.

He certainly isn't the first rock star to be confronted with this dilemma (the second half of Led Zeppelin's career suffered in the same way for instance), but ultimately the Gallaghers post 1996 work is a pleasant enough listen without quite having the white knuckle ride feel of those first two iconic releases and I'm afraid they suffer accordingly.

I'm pretty sure you will heartily disagree with all of the above, as many others doubtless will
Agree with most of that I love every album they made though. Just the bit about they should have split after knebworth that I disagree. Even if they only made one good song after that they were still amazing live. Noel said himself he probably wasted about 2 albums worth of material on b sides which he regrets I think, particularly the masterplan

68 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
68 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.73974609375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
Or thane
10m
Wigan v Sts discussion - THIS THREAD ONLY PLEASE
Zig
16m