May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59871_1384965068.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59871.gif

Quote: Mild mannered Janitor "Well said.

There are far too many knee jerk comments on this thread. According to some if you don’t say we were crap then you are easily pleases Thanks for putting my thoughts, the morning after, so eloquently into words. The assassination of Mini is so unfair and smacks of scapegotism by the usual suspects. He ran his blood to water!!! We lost a semi due to a skinny ten and 2 mistakes and played out a tremendous game in wet conditions that the same usual suspects claimed we couldn’t do. Pointless carping on about last years recruitment, this is what we’ve got and this is where we’re at, 3rd in the league and beaten semifinalists. Pretty good going with this shoite squad. The dissection was probably done from the armchair in front of the TV because my nerves started as soon as I woke up Saturday morning and lasted until after the drive home. I get so involved, the day becomes a blur, without the aid of alcohol, and spend most of the big games with my head in my hands and sincerely hope FC give me many more days like it, hopefully this season, that is of course our shoite coach and his shoite team can do it!!!!!

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain4253No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wellsy13 "Can't fault the effort from our players today. We gave it everything, but came up with too many errors in the poor conditions. That happens sometimes, it's rugby league. It's unpredictable. Don't like the criticism Minichiello is getting. He made an error at a crucial time; he was unlucky. Other than that, he ran his socks off at times where our go-forward lacked.

It's easy to criticise the two goal kicks at the start when looking back in hindsight. The first one was definitely the correct choice. Had he made the one before half time, we'd have gone in all square. He's scored that many crucial 2 pointers, I won't cry about missing one.

The only thing that disappointed me were the d***head "fans" behind the sticks that spat their dummies out at the end when they scored. I hope every single one of them that threw things onto the pitch is banned. People like them are the reason other clubs think we're scum and there's no place in the sport for them. Wouldn't be surprised if we copped a fine for it and quite frankly we deserve one.'"

A tough physical game in very wet conditions, that was always close on the scoreboard. We made very few errors, which gave us a platform to put pressure on Hull by making them start many sets from close to your own line. I wouldn't blame individuals for mistakes, as it's just one of those things and it happens to all players on occasions. As for taking the two points on offer in a tight game, I don't see anything wrong with the tactic. There will always be some who will question the decision if you lose, but you need to keep the scoreboard ticking over to keep within a score of your opponents.
The game was proper cup tie that could have gone either way, and the effort put in from both teams should be applauded.
There will be another significant rematch (perhaps two) before the season is done. Still plenty to fight for.

RankPostsTeam
International Star361No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Sep 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
63706_1318351430.jpg
If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm. [b:2rfqy71u]Vince Lombardi [/b:2rfqy71u]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_63706.jpg

Quote: Jake the Peg "Not really, they both own their won ground, are self sufficient and generating profits which allow them to invest in their squads

As for the game, I thought radford got his team selection wrong. green should have played. Anyone who thinks fash offers more than green wants to go and see their doctor. connor should have started at centre and griffin in the 2nd row with lane on the bench with green, ellis and bowden. hadley is better than lane but he's also on the naughty step with litten and green

We desperately need to improve our defensive line speed and aggression. wire were charging in, denying us easy metres whereas we just stand and wait for the opposition. It was that which ultimately won the game on the back of consistently good field position. look at the number of times sneyd was taken out when kicking the ball compared to austin.

It also annoys the hell out of me that our forwards do significantly less work with the ball than most opponents. We have props with 5 or 6 carries a game when opposition ones are doing 2 or 3 times as much work. We rely too much on backs for carries out of our 20 and wire today showed how easy that is to control. When needed cooper and hill were taking 1 or 2 carries a set out of their end

connor looked like he was sulking and was pretty poor overall but thought everyone else had a real go but at times we looked like a disorganised rabble and never really got into the game. We need some forwards who put in a real shift and who enjoy aggressive offense and defence. Hopefully those coming in will bring this.

It's really frustrating that despite all that and lots of dropped ball, we still could have won it had butter fingers minihello not dropped that ball on the 2nd tackle with 3 minutes left'"

Agree with your points about slow line speed and the forwards not pulling their weight.

Steve Price knew it would be a conservative game given the conditions and drilled into his players the importance of field position and aggressive defence.

A high percentage of the games at the top of the NRL are tight encounters decided by who gains the territorial advantage going set for set with each other.

At the end of the day Price is a coach with NRL first grade experience, Radford is not. Not to say Lee should be blamed, we just need to realise his limitations.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2329
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53009_1317154093.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53009.jpg

Quote: Armavinit " The assassination of Mini is so unfair and smacks of scapegotism by the usual suspects. He ran his blood to water!!!'"

Just to clear up what I was saying. Mini never cost us the game but his all to predictable error while in good field position & his complete failure to compete for the ball when Currie scored certainly never helped. He has been a quality player for us & by all accounts a top bloke but that doesn't put him above criticism. This year's been a season to far for him in my opinion & at times he tries to hard to make something happens which usually results in an error.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2395
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59871_1384965068.gif

Quote: Lang Park "The irony of this being posted by someone who in all likelihood will be on here Thursday telling us all how Wigan are a much better side than us and getting beat by them and finishing 6th will constitute a good season.'"

For Jesus H Christ’s sake!! This forum is becoming the “Doom and Gloom” squad’s personal crusade against ONE poster. Can’t you all post things FC related!!!!

RankPostsTeam
International Star2395
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59871_1384965068.gif

Quote: K-Diddy "Just to clear up what I was saying. Mini never cost us the game but his all to predictable error while in good field position & his complete failure to compete for the ball when Currie scored certainly never helped. He has been a quality player for us & by all accounts a top bloke but that doesn't put him above criticism. This year's been a season to far for him in my opinion & at times he tries to hard to make something happens which usually results in an error.'"

I agree that criticism when warranted is necessary but too many have jumped on him. I’ll say it again, he ran his blood to water and gave his all. You could see he wanted Wembley. A pity a few others weren’t up to it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1923No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
15782.jpg
:15782.jpg

As a Wire fan reading your posts I’d just like say gracious losers and class fans.You’ve got a good team and a good coach imo and with few more signings you’ll be bang up there again next season and it’s not over yet and that game yesterday could have gone either way up until last min.Fine margins and all that.Good luck for rest of season.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain6672
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76734_1552479949.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76734.jpeg

Quote: Armavinit "Thanks for putting my thoughts, the morning after, so eloquently into words. The assassination of Mini is so unfair and smacks of scapegotism by the usual suspects. He ran his blood to water!!! We lost a semi due to a skinny ten and 2 mistakes and played out a tremendous game in wet conditions that the same usual suspects claimed we couldn’t do. Pointless carping on about last years recruitment, this is what we’ve got and this is where we’re at, 3rd in the league and beaten semifinalists. Pretty good going with this shoite squad. The dissection was probably done from the armchair in front of the TV because my nerves started as soon as I woke up Saturday morning and lasted until after the drive home. I get so involved, the day becomes a blur, without the aid of alcohol, and spend most of the big games with my head in my hands and sincerely hope FC give me many more days like it, hopefully this season, that is of course our shoite coach and his shoite team can do it!!!!!'"

We left that field giving everything, as supporters it’s all we can ask for.

You had to be there, and as you have alluded to, unfortunately the opinions of many on here are from armchair supporters, who don’t have your passion or heartbreak, the best decision we made on our journey down, was to return home should we lose, and not stay for the Saints game.

It gave us the opportunity to get in the pub early in ull, and dissect the game as the John Smiths went down. icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain6672
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76734_1552479949.jpeg

Quote: runningman29 "As a Wire fan reading your posts I’d just like say gracious losers and class fans.You’ve got a good team and a good coach imo and with few more signings you’ll be bang up there again next season and it’s not over yet and that game yesterday could have gone either way up until last min.Fine margins and all that.Good luck for rest of season.'"

Cheers and good luck in the final, it took a good team to knock us out icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain6672
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20186 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76734_1552479949.jpeg

Quote: Large Paws "As said by most on here, the best team on the day won.
To those who are criticising the coach for his team selection. Two individual errors in our 20 lead to 12 points, they had nothing to do with team selection, and, probably, cost us the game.
Yes it's disappointing to lose in a semi, and this understandably, leads to some of the posts on here becoming personal.
As someone else has said, in this situation it's better to show a little class, and applaud the opposition, as opposed to resorting to fighting amongst ourselves.'"

icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8624No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12633_1312317224.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_12633.jpg

Quote: runningman29 "As a Wire fan reading your posts I’d just like say gracious losers and class fans.You’ve got a good team and a good coach imo and with few more signings you’ll be bang up there again next season and it’s not over yet and that game yesterday could have gone either way up until last min.Fine margins and all that.Good luck for rest of season.'"

Totally agree with this as another wire fan I'd like to say we just did enough to get over the line..even we lost I.d be a hull fan on Wembley day..hopefully a meeting at old Trafford would be great..good luck for rest of season

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach529
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
22071.jpg
:22071.jpg

Game was absolutely even & could have gone either way without complaint.

Sneyd should have been allowed to retake the half time penalty, Austin delayed & even after being spoken to the next delay was the pillock water carrier in luminescent yellow running across the line !!

Yes we made errors, yes we defended kicks poorly, yes our line speed was not as quick as theirs & yes we rely too much on our backs taking many carries in our own half.

BUT we hung in there & with a modicum of luck with a bounce of the ball or a refs call could have been planning Wembley again. Credit to the players & the coaching staff, lessons are being learned - sure we will be a different team next year hopefully with a different style of play.

Think Mini criticism outrageous - he gave absolutely everything yesterday and was mainly excellent. Timing of his error was unfortunate but sure he felt it more than any of us !!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3661
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/Sid.gif
I have lost interest:fonds blancs/Sid.gif

My concern is that that was our best effort yesterday
Full salary cap
Full strength
Maximum motivation

And just look how poor we were compared to the 2016 semi final v Wigan

Can’t you see how far we’ve fallen in 3 years ?

For those of you who went or watched in wonder you’ll know what I’m talking about

I’m sorry to be negative for some of you but I’m just being realistic

Please remember the 2016 semi when reflecting on yesterday

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain964No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I’ve always said, I don’t mind getting beat, as long as we put an effort, the effort was clearly they, just not good enough on the day. Hopefully with some fresh faces next season we will improve. Would love to get back to old Trafford this season, really need to push on now, starting Thursday

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30102
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Loads of effort but we didn't actually play very well and still could have won which for me is disappointing. If others feel that's enough for them and enjoy a spirited loss then fair play to them , we're all different. I don't think wire could have played much better but I do think we could which gives me plenty of encouragement for the rest of the season if we don't let our heads go down

597 posts in 41 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
597 posts in 41 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

4.05810546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Hudds
RfE
4m
Rumours thread
BackSeatCoac
7m
Film game
Boss Hog
15m
Todays match v Saints
Boss Hog
18m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
19m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
21m
Reserves Grand Final
Stu M
21m
Whitehaven
BackSeatCoac
47m
Max
PopTart
Recent
Hull KR H
MattyB
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Shopping list for 2025
weaver93
37s
Accounts
faxcar
40s
TV Games - Not Hull
bonaire
44s
Todays match v Saints
Boss Hog
46s
Film game
Boss Hog
52s
Sheffield A
ChinaBull
53s
Hull KR H
MattyB
53s
Hudds
RfE
1m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
1m
Whitehaven
BackSeatCoac
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Max
PopTart
TODAY
Play-offs
Deeeekos
TODAY
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Play offs
newcat
TODAY
George Williams
Howfenwire
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off London Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Salford Close In On The Play Offs As Dragons Crisis Continues
RLFANS News
TODAY
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Staying down after head contact
The games af
TODAY
Broncos Ladies
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
OT players staying down but staying on after treatment
djcool
TODAY
Hull live/Tomlinson
jimmyfivebel
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
Boss Hog
TODAY
New England RL shirt
The Curtism
TODAY
Reserves Grand Final
Stu M
TODAY
Shareholder meetings
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth After Defeating Castleford Tigers
RLFANS News
TODAY
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six After Destroying Hull FC
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M +13,235 80,11314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 13th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R28
10:50
Penrith
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R26
20:00
Leigh
v
Hull KR
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Leeds
 Sat 14th Sep
07:05
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
York V
St.HelensW
v
BarrowW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Salford
       Championship 2024-R26
Barrow
v
Whitehaven
Bradford
v
Batley
Dewsbury
v
Swinton
Doncaster
v
Widnes
Featherstone
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Halifax
Catalans
v
LondonB
 Sun 15th Sep
07:05
Canterbury
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
12:00
WiganW
v
LeedsW
Hudds W
v
Wire W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
SL
Wigan-Salford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 8th Sep
SL 25 Huddersfield22-16LondonB
WSL2024 13 LeedsW52-12FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 13 BarrowW24-4Hudds W
WSL2024 13 WiganW12-16York V
CH 25 Batley0-38Doncaster
CH 25 Halifax34-6Dewsbury
CH 25 Sheffield12-30Bradford
CH 25 Swinton28-8Featherstone
CH 25 Wakefield60-6Whitehaven
CH 25 Widnes6-12York
NRL 27 Manly20-40Cronulla
NRL 27 Newcastle14-6Dolphins
Sat 7th Sep
SL 25 Warrington16-2St.Helens
SL 25 Salford27-12Catalans
WSL2024 13 Wire W0-98St.HelensW
CH 25 Barrow24-36Toulouse
NRL 27 St.George24-26Canberra
NRL 27 Canterbury6-44NQL Cowboys
NRL 27 Penrith18-12Gold Coast
Fri 6th Sep
SL 25 Castleford12-34Leigh
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 25 619 336 283 40
Hull KR 25 669 311 358 38
Warrington 25 618 319 299 36
Salford 25 492 479 13 30
Leigh 25 548 362 186 29
St.Helens 25 544 366 178 28

Leeds 25 514 424 90 28
Catalans 25 439 415 24 26
Huddersfield 25 434 582 -148 18
Castleford 25 411 661 -250 15
Hull FC 25 320 812 -492 6
LondonB 25 309 850 -541 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 23 872 252 620 44
Bradford 23 602 359 243 30
Toulouse 22 624 322 302 29
Widnes 23 499 403 96 27
York 24 609 419 190 26
Featherstone 23 560 452 108 26

Sheffield 23 574 466 108 26
Doncaster 23 440 513 -73 21
Halifax 23 457 579 -122 20
Batley 23 364 497 -133 20