JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Twitter - @MaddyHFC:

I'm optimistic about Radford although he has a huge job to try and break into the top 5. Think he will bring some pride and passion back into the team and demand consistency.

Will be straight talking to I hope, he usually is.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3061No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Standee "Indeed. moreover, if AP had a conversation with LR and said "Lee, I wan't to change the culture at this club, the customers are fed up of sub-standard attitudes on the part of some players, with that in mind I'd like them all back training before Christmas and to not give the impression that any one of them (whether they are from overseas or were born in HRI),get preferential treatment; if you could see to it then that would be great"

then I'd say AP is doing what organ grinders always do, they call the tune.

He's not dictating tactics, other than to say he wants an equal focus on attack and defense, he's not signing players, he is doing what any CEO does, setting a vision and a set of criteria for success.'"

agreed, I didn't say hed pick the side or take training, but I think if somethings not going smoothly then he'll gave LR dishing the detentions out for him. I think coaches like Tony Smith are left to do things there way because of there experience and reputation, I just don't think LR will be

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6766No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30566.jpg
I don't see it as a job. It is a passion and love that we all share. Neil Hudgell:30566.jpg

Wigan, Wire and Leeds all have top quality young kids coming through, still IMO the three teams you need to beat if you want to win anything. Saints again, have good youngsters coming through and have added some real quality. Hudds have added Broughton today to an already strong settled squad. These are big clubs, the teams to beat.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3061No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Rupert Pupkin "You can say whatever you want when it comes to setting targets, finish top 4, winnig a trophy etc but in reality it's not going to happen.'"

thats rubbish, you should always set a target. last season Rovers finished 8th this time with some very good experienced signings we should be targeting top 6 (hopefully) Hull should be targeting top 4 every season IMO but never seem to get things right for some reason.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3061No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Rupert Pupkin "The top/big 5 clubs are practically set in stone for the foreseeable future, their squads are too strong, the rest of us are fighting it out for 6th and so on.'"

so is it pointless trying to catch them and compete with them then? maybe the rest should start there own league as there's no point competing in SL anymore

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8112
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Quote: bishops finger "
Quote: bishops finger "Indeed. moreover, if AP had a conversation with LR and said "Lee, I wan't to change the culture at this club, the customers are fed up of sub-standard attitudes on the part of some players, with that in mind I'd like them all back training before Christmas and to not give the impression that any one of them (whether they are from overseas or were born in HRI),get preferential treatment; if you could see to it then that would be great"

then I'd say AP is doing what organ grinders always do, they call the tune.

He's not dictating tactics, other than to say he wants an equal focus on attack and defense, he's not signing players, he is doing what any CEO does, setting a vision and a set of criteria for success.'"

agreed, I didn't say hed pick the side or take training, but I think if somethings not going smoothly then he'll gave LR dishing the detentions out for him. I think coaches like Tony Smith are left to do things there way because of there experience and reputation, I just don't think LR will be'"

I dont think AP will interfere in that regards at all, what he will most likely do is give Radford & the team what he wants them to achieve as a minimum setting clear and defined goals then leave them to get on with the job. If the job isnt going to plan then I think he will do what all other chaiman/owners do and ask the coach/manager as to why it isn't etc. It doesnt matter who you are if you are not looking like achieving a goal you will quite rightly be asked for the reasons why no matter how experienced you are.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6766No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30566.jpg
I don't see it as a job. It is a passion and love that we all share. Neil Hudgell:30566.jpg

Quote: bishops finger "thats rubbish, you should always set a target. last season Rovers finished 8th this time with some very good experienced signings we should be targeting top 6 (hopefully) Hull should be targeting top 4 every season IMO but never seem to get things right for some reason.'"

I agree for us, we have replaced some good players with good players plus added experience. Top 6 is achievable for us and with better luck on the injury front there is no reason why we can't achieve that.
Realistically the top 5 clubs have better squads than everybody else, this is not a myth, its the truth. Hull can target the top 4 but my point was that in reality it ain't going to happen, same as us IMO.

Quote: bishops finger "so is it pointless trying to catch them and compete with them then? maybe the rest should start there own league as there's no point competing in SL anymore'"

Not at all, take Hudds for example.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4255No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69715_1406814004.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69715.jpg

Quote: Jake the Peg "Everyone will get behind a coach who is capable of doing the job to a good standard. Why should anyone back a coach who isn't just because he's trying hard?'"

So your not buying into it then bud? or you just having a moan? coaches can only hand shirts and instructions out the rest is down to the players, but 1 thing is for sure LR will get the very best out of what players he has/gets that is a fact he has a very good rugby head on him, we are not wigan/leeds or any other top 4 side and the quicker we believe that the easier it will be to take when we dont win the games we look at and say we should have won that. theres a difference in AP & co saying were top 4 and been top 4 but in time who knows.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30148
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Quote: easthull fc fan "So your not buying into it then bud? or you just having a moan? coaches can only hand shirts and instructions out the rest is down to the players, but 1 thing is for sure LR will get the very best out of what players he has/gets that is a fact he has a very good rugby head on him, we are not wigan/leeds or any other top 4 side and the quicker we believe that the easier it will be to take when we dont win the games we look at and say we should have won that. theres a difference in AP & co saying were top 4 and been top 4 but in time who knows.'"

It was a general comment on your post, nothing at all to do with Radford. The suggestion that people should back a coach just because he's trying hard is a stupid one. I have my reservations about us appointing another inexperienced coach as it isn't what the club has needed since 2006 IMO. I also have concerns about a coach who players are openly calling "radders" as I don't think you can be mates with people and effectively manage them.

I have always thought he'll make a good coach but I think it's too soon form him, the job is too big for an inexperienced coach and he's too close to the current group of players.

Having said all that, I hope my concerns don't come to pass and that he proves he is the man for the job

RankPostsTeam
International Star714No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2017Aug 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WD03.gif
:cartoons/WD03.gif

Quote: Rupert Pupkin "Wigan, Wire and Leeds all have top quality young kids coming through, still IMO the three teams you need to beat if you want to win anything. Saints again, have good youngsters coming through and have added some real quality. Hudds have added Broughton today to an already strong settled squad. These are big clubs, the teams to beat.'"

Wire. Are you sure? While I was at the Grand Final, we were having a discussion about Wire players in the 17 who came through the system. So I asked a wire fan at half time. The answer was 2. That is appalling, Moran has been putting loads of money in for years, surely they should have more home grown players

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner37503
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jake the Peg "Having said all that, I hope my concerns don't come to pass and that he proves he is the man for the job'"

And most FC fans would agree with you on that, healthily sceptical but happy to be proven wrong. There are a few blindly following the Radford Revolution, but not many.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6766No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2022Dec 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
30566.jpg

Possibly, they have had some good players show up this year. Evans and Currie don't look far off starting a regular start in the 17. Harrison and Riley has been regulars for a number of years, Cooper is heading to the NRL.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22320No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23521.jpg
[quote="Tarquin Fuego":3e09qe5x] I love Jamie and have done since he was 10 years old. [/quote:3e09qe5x] [quote="The Reason":3e09qe5x]Hi Andy The Rugby Football League are in the process of reviewing the video that you are referring to. We do not condone behaviour of this nature and have contacted the player’s employer, Hull F.C., who have confirmed that they are dealing with the incident under their club rules.     Regards,   Matthew[/quote:3e09qe5x]:23521.jpg

Quote: carl_spackler "But what makes you think the squads being stronger is set in stone? Squads change, and can deteriorate quite quickly. There are also some big losses that can already be seen on the horizon for the top sides, there's no way of knowing for certain how they will cope with them. Wigan have now lost Tomkins, Richards and Mossop on top of their departures the previous year, and O'Loughlin is now in his 30s. Leeds have Sinfield, McGuire and Burrow all approaching retirement age and a good chunk of their pack already there on borrowed time. Wire also have several in their 30s, particularly their main talisman Briers. Saints are going to be going through a fair few changes for a couple of years. Hudds looks about the most potentially stable squad over the next few years, but even their key player can't last forever.

Now it may well be that all of those clubs seamlessly replace those players, but given the quality in question I just don't see how it's possible to be so confident that they all will. There just doesn't seem to be enough players of the required quality available to SL for it to happen.

I'm not saying that we will catch/break the top 5 btw, just querying why you think that nobody can.'"

A lot of clubs are signing/retaining players who have had big injury problems in their careers.

Wigan have, position wise, recruited like for like. Wire have replaced 3 props with 1.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4255No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69715_1406814004.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69715.jpg

Quote: Jake the Peg "It was a general comment on your post, nothing at all to do with Radford. The suggestion that people should back a coach just because he's trying hard is a stupid one. I have my reservations about us appointing another inexperienced coach as it isn't what the club has needed since 2006 IMO. I also have concerns about a coach who players are openly calling "radders" as I don't think you can be mates with people and effectively manage them.

I have always thought he'll make a good coach but I think it's too soon form him, the job is too big for an inexperienced coach and he's too close to the current group of players.

Having said all that, I hope my concerns don't come to pass and that he proves he is the man for the job'"

you are right with what weve had since 2006 experience would be greeted with open arms, but we will haveto support what weve got, imo, LR will be nothing but professional with his squad when needed at the right times but hes played with most of them so there going to be close, he coached me but when he kicked off in his times of need we knew about it and we knew he wasnt a mate but he did it to makes us better to compete and win and that is what is the difference between a pushover coach and a top coach and given time he will be that, imho

RankPostsTeam
Moderator36786
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6505_1460484023.jpg
[i:10za56ci]Hold on to me baby, his bony hands will do you no harm It said in the cards, we lost our souls to the Nameless One[/i:10za56ci]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6505.jpg

Quote: easthull fc fan "1 thing is for sure LR will get the very best out of what players he has/gets that is a fact'"

It's not a fact. It's an opinion.

82 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
82 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1552734375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Eastern Wild
10m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
fuzzylogic22
16m