FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Hull FC > To Protest or not to Protest, that is the question....
276 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12097No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: garry brindley "You're missing his point. Plenty of people go watching rugby because they enjoy it/ it's a hobby/ part of their social life/ it's what they've done for years. That's not to say they don't care about the club, far from it, but it can easily mean they are pretty apathetic about how the team is performing because they'll be going regardless.'"

I might be blinded by my loyalty, but that is not apathy, I care alot about the club, I get upset when we lose, excited when we win, and spend lots of time and money going to watch them. I go because win or lose I enjoy the experience of supporting a team, the ups and the downs, can you not understand that?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1530No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="The Dentist Wilf":ordztzb0]I for one wish him well... One thing is for sure despite what a lot on here said he was not sacked or under any sort of investigation...Good luck Mr Rule![/quote:ordztzb0]:

Quote: Mr. Zucchini Head "You are entitled to your opinion and if you want to stage the protest then good luck to you, but I won't be joining in. I am by no means a big Agar fan but I guess I am in the minority that I go because I love the sport and the team, not because I want/expect us to win trophies every year. If we are successul then great, but if not then life goes on. People can call me apathetic or unambitious but tbh I really don't care.

And as for disparaging comments, dont forget that you threw the first stone by referring to people who don't agree with you as sheep.'"

That's a fair point, although I'm far from the first person to have used that term in relation to the Agar debate. I don't wish to stage a protest in the ground I'm just defending the right of others to do it, my protest is to not attend games while Agar remains in charge.

My issue is not with people who want to support the team 100% regardless of the bigger picture, but with those who want to wear it as some kind of badge of honour.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1232No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5415.gif
People only become accountants because they lack the charisma to become undertakers.:5415.gif

Quote: Jake the Peg "There are ways and means and abusing fans and players is not the right way by any stretch of the imagination.

Stand in West Park on Friday night with a petition and you will get a much greater response'"

Sorry quoted the wrong person

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner1232No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2019Apr 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
5415.gif
People only become accountants because they lack the charisma to become undertakers.:5415.gif

Quote: VerbalKint "Exactly, i agree, anyone who really cares about our club, who really wants change, who wants some success and can see how far we are slipping behind the rest, i urge you to vote with your feet and wallets and not turn out on Friday night, its a small price to pay, to miss one game, its the only way they will sit up and take note, thousands of empty seats. stay at home, boycott Friday night!!'"

So are you a passholder or not?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach571
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mr. Zucchini Head "You are entitled to your opinion and if you want to stage the protest then good luck to you, but I won't be joining in. I am by no means a big Agar fan but I guess I am in the minority that I go because I love the sport and the team, not because I want/expect us to win trophies every year. If we are successul then great, but if not then life goes on. People can call me apathetic or unambitious but tbh I really don't care.

And as for disparaging comments, dont forget that you threw the first stone by referring to people who don't agree with you as sheep.'"

Every one on here loves the sport and the team but this is about a change in a coach not questioning your loyalty.
No one either expects us to win trophies every year, although it would be nice but just to be competitive and entertaining on the field.
It's just frustrating that fans don't thing Agar is the right man for the job but then don't seem willing to do anything about it and will turn up regardless.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1530No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2011Dec 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[quote="The Dentist Wilf":ordztzb0]I for one wish him well... One thing is for sure despite what a lot on here said he was not sacked or under any sort of investigation...Good luck Mr Rule![/quote:ordztzb0]:

Quote: Mr. Zucchini Head "I might be blinded by my loyalty, but that is not apathy, I care alot about the club, I get upset when we lose, excited when we win, and spend lots of time and money going to watch them. I go because win or lose I enjoy the experience of supporting a team, the ups and the downs, can you not understand that?'"

I can understand it yes but to me that's the attitude of a Harlequins, Salford or Wakey fan. It's one thing being there through thick and thin when your club is struggling and the team is substandard, but in our case everything is geared for success if it wasn't that the board insisted on tying one hand behind the club's back with the retention of a woefully substandard coaching setup.

That's why there's so much frustration IMO. As I said the other day 'in any kind of weather' is one thing, but weather isn't self-inflicted.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator36786
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6505_1460484023.jpg
[i:10za56ci]Hold on to me baby, his bony hands will do you no harm It said in the cards, we lost our souls to the Nameless One[/i:10za56ci]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6505.jpg

Quote: VerbalKint "[iApathy[/i (also called impassivity or perfunctoriness) is a state of indifference, or the suppression of emotions such as concern, excitement, motivation and passion.

Think that sums it up pretty well TBH.'"

Where does he say that he's indifferent to performances? Or that he lacks concern, excitement, motivation or passion? You're basically projecting your own POV onto him and others like him.

I famously don't get to many games because of personal circumstances. When I do go, the last thing I am is apathetic about the outcome or where the club is heading. I hate it when we lose, and I'm sick to death of not being able to look forward to a game with any confidence of a win or even a decent performance. But I love RL, I love the club, and just because times are hard that isn't going to change.

It's about time that people like yourself accept that attending games is not some kind of tacit acceptance of the status quo, or apathy about the situation the club finds itself in. It's just something that many fans do out of love and - yes - even passion.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman12768No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
663_1379281559.jpg
[b:1g6itio7][color=#000000:1g6itio7]Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.; [/color:1g6itio7][/b:1g6itio7]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_663.jpg

It was always going to get bitter, if people wish to protest its their choice as long as its non violent and non abusive. If the fans where diplaying a banner and chanting Agar out at the match on Sunday that is upto them. I can not for the life of me understand others getting hot under the collar and throwing insults at them.

The players are going to become involved as the club will use them as part of the spin and it is going to create friction and tension between everyone involved. The fans will take sides with one camp or another, fence sittiing will become an art.

The future is looking quite grim

On Friday night the club will propably come down hard on anyone displaying signs, banners or chanting they deem "not appropriate", they will attempt to snuff out any opposition within the KC. The board are not going to remain above this and they are running the risk of driving the fans away in droves

RankPostsTeam
International Star935No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53004_1285857299.jpg
[i:1o1tqr9v]The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist.[/i:1o1tqr9v] [b:1o1tqr9v]“When it comes to dreams, one may falter, but the only way to fail is to abandon them".[/b:1o1tqr9v]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53004.jpg

Quote: Uffa1964 "So are you a passholder or not?'"

YES, and have been for years, but am not going Friday. Like i said, i believe its the only way. A lot of people may look down on me as 'not a true fan' but iam past caring tbh, supported the club through thick and thin since 79/80. i am not happy the way the club has been run, coached and managed for a number of years and believe we are heading for a crisis if things dont change on and off the pitch, the club have taken us for granted for too long now.

RankPostsTeam
International Star935No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2016Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
53004_1285857299.jpg
[i:1o1tqr9v]The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he did not exist.[/i:1o1tqr9v] [b:1o1tqr9v]“When it comes to dreams, one may falter, but the only way to fail is to abandon them".[/b:1o1tqr9v]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_53004.jpg

Quote: Kosh "Where does he say that he's indifferent to performances? Or that he lacks concern, excitement, motivation or passion? You're basically projecting your own POV onto him and others like him.

I famously don't get to many games because of personal circumstances. When I do go, the last thing I am is apathetic about the outcome or where the club is heading. I hate it when we lose, and I'm sick to death of not being able to look forward to a game with any confidence of a win or even a decent performance. But I love RL, I love the club, and just because times are hard that isn't going to change.

It's about time that people like yourself accept that attending games is not some kind of tacit acceptance of the status quo, or apathy about the situation the club finds itself in. It's just something that many fans do out of love and - yes - even passion.'"

Kosh, we ALL love the club that is why i am so pi$$ed off by what is happening to it!!!!!!!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach571
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Kosh "Where does he say that he's indifferent to performances? Or that he lacks concern, excitement, motivation or passion? You're basically projecting your own POV onto him and others like him.

It's about time that people like yourself accept that attending games is not some kind of tacit acceptance of the status quo, or apathy about the situation the club finds itself in. It's just something that many fans do out of love and - yes - even passion.'"

But that's the point these hard times you allude too are self inflicted. I would gladly support my team through thick and thin if we were still at the Boulevard and penniless as I have done in the past but these are different times and we are now a big club whose coaching appointment does not reflect our stature.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17898
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7384_1394882426.png
[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/14252202:io879g1y]2005 Challenge Cup[/url:io879g1y] To reconcile respect with practicality, what is the optimum speed for a hearse?:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7384.png

Quote: VerbalKint "Kosh, we ALL love the club that is why i am so pi$$ed off by what is happening to it!!!!!!!'"

We agree on something at last! icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner53839No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Aug 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Twitter - @MaddyHFC:

Quote: Chris28 "I'm from Yorkshire mate - £38 per game (for a gold pass) is not something I can afford to spend and then not use, so I'll still be going.

We're only 3 games into the season, so maybe the board ARE thinking "lets just count this years money at the moment".'"

I agree Chris, I have paid for my pass and will be using it.

Especially when not using may not may any difference anyway.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator36786
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6505_1460484023.jpg
[i:10za56ci]Hold on to me baby, his bony hands will do you no harm It said in the cards, we lost our souls to the Nameless One[/i:10za56ci]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6505.jpg

Quote: VerbalKint "Kosh, we ALL love the club that is why i am so pi$$ed off by what is happening to it!!!!!!!'"

Then stop laying into people who choose to express that passion in a different way than you'd prefer.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator36786
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6505_1460484023.jpg

Quote: tony 7 "But that's the point these hard times you allude too are self inflicted. I would gladly support my team through thick and thin if we were still at the Boulevard and penniless as I have done in the past but these are different times and we are now a big club whose coaching appointment does not reflect our stature.'"

We're going round in circles on this one.

I don't have a problem with anyone who chooses not to attend games because they no longer get enjoyment/value for money out of it. Similarly I've no problem with people who continue to attend because that's the way they express their passion for the club. It's a personal choice.

276 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
276 posts in 19 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3916015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Recruitment rumours and links
karetaker
14m
Film game
Boss Hog
17m