JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2024Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: shauney "Widnes didn't stand square all night and seemed to have the measure of the referee better than us. Teams now know - slow down the ruck and they've got a chance.

Yeaman MoM by a long long way and I never ever thought i'd say that.'"

Give it a rest. Please explain what "have the measure of the referee" actually equates to. Complete clichéd clap trap. Both teams pinched a yard on a generous 10 all night.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain89No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I can see why people like Carlos at 6, but for me him and snyed are not gelling together. It's early days I know, but we are heading into a vital period of the season and on that 1st half we won't win anything. At times they wasn't on the same page and our attack ended up painfully slow and broke down. What carlos does have is what Pryce had years ago which is pace to cut through a gap if play stops.were trying to go wide far to early without getting momentum going in the forwards. Pryce has better managment of the forwards and will inject himself into the game when gaps appear. For me pryce comes back in next week for the experience as we can't start that sloppy again. Carlos to the bench I actually like the idea of. The pace and elusiveness could be the difference late on. Experimenting with key positions at this stage is dangerous

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20992No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

“We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club. Thats why you got the Bullet Agar...Adam Pearson wants winners...not useless gits like you. "Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby Union is a complex game played by wankers." L.Daley 2005:

Quote: UllFC "Good to see that we yet again got the win when things were looking in the balance at halftime, and dominated the 2nd half. The recruitment of younger, bigger and fitter players is also having a big impact as we aren't tiring during games and our injury list has been fairly small so far

Disapointed with the crowd though, top of the league 12 wins from 13, only 1 home game since April and no further home games for another 3 weeks, not sure what the couple of thousand who have gone missing in the last few years need to see really?'"

I am 1 of the couple of thousand who has gone missing.I bought my pass but have not been since Easter Monday as I have personal problems to sort out which far outweigh the rugby.People have other reasons not to attend so until you know the facts why,you can't really comment

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain89No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2016Aug 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

But a much more dominant 2nd half and yeamos defence is incredible. Bridge had no chance all night. Took his try well, and Taylor just keeps getting better, then ellis entered and took us up another level. He's a machine

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner25514No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: fc baldy "I am 1 of the couple of thousand who has gone missing.I bought my pass but have not been since Easter Monday as I have personal problems to sort out which far outweigh the rugby.People have other reasons not to attend so until you know the facts why,you can't really comment'"

I hope you get it sorted mate and get to a few games, you are a big Hull fan and like me have seen plenty of bad times and deserve to enjoy the good times.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7320No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19461_1425327910.gif
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19461.gif

Quote: Dave K. "I hope you get it sorted mate and get to a few games, you are a big Hull fan and like me have seen plenty of bad times and deserve to enjoy the good times.'"

Completely agree with that!

RankPostsTeam
International Star4255No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2019Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
69715_1406814004.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_69715.jpg

Quote: fc baldy "I am 1 of the couple of thousand who has gone missing.I bought my pass but have not been since Easter Monday as I have personal problems to sort out which far outweigh the rugby.People have other reasons not to attend so until you know the facts why,you can't really comment'"

Nice to see you back on here pal. At least your team may make you smile nowadays, all the best.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach20992No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2016Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

“We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club. Thats why you got the Bullet Agar...Adam Pearson wants winners...not useless gits like you. "Rugby League is a simple game played by simple people. Rugby Union is a complex game played by wankers." L.Daley 2005:

Quote: Dave K. "I hope you get it sorted mate and get to a few games, you are a big Hull fan and like me have seen plenty of bad times and deserve to enjoy the good times.'"

Thanks Dave,I would have been loving this season but I have more important things to sort out right now so be doubtful if I attend again this season.I think people are getting ahead of themselves a bit as we may have hit form at wrong time and I can see us struggle in the super 8s....just my opinion as someone looking in.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17123No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Of course some will have personal issues & commitments and financial reasons for not attending, but there are still many that have drifted away from the club out of frustration or boredom that the club needs to get back for it to be profitable and grow.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner25514No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think if we continue this form, don't even have to win something, we should start to see some supporters come back, why wouldn't you want to watch a winning team playing found rugby.

6 home games left I'd be looking at doing a mini season pass.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner7735No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023May 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
icons42da_files/5978-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif
Nil......Zip.....Nothing....ZERO....0:icons42da_files/5978-4369Kanaryali17-msnicons.gif

Quote: spegs "Give it a rest. Please explain what "have the measure of the referee" actually equates to. Complete clichéd clap trap. Both teams pinched a yard on a generous 10 all night.'"

Agreed, many only see the referee as a 14th opponent. This is simply not the case.

We were potentially the makers of our own downfall in the first half. On 3 occasions by forcing the pass or having a miracle cut out pass we knocked on within their 20 with tackles to spare. The needs to be converted into points on the board. When our players play the perfect error free game, only then can we look at the refs performance.

That said Spegs, if you want an example of a player who has the measure of the officials as a group, check out Mahe Fonua. He gets a penalty in virtually every game for quick play the balls before the tackler has had a chance to move away from the ruck.

Regarding the gate. It was a bit disappointing to see a thousand less people there from the st game.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30102
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Bit of a mixed bag for me last night. We struggled to get a quick PTB all night which stopped us playing our natural game. I expect wire to be even better than this next week so we really need to up our game if we're to be in with a shout.

I thought we gave widnes too many easy yards all night but was pleased that our defence was much tighter out wide.

tuimavave not really looking convincing at 6 IMO and our attack was way off where it has been. We looked slow and ponderous again which was partly due to the slow PTB but also that sneyd and carlos just aren't working well together as a partnership yet. We really failed to create much all night and the only try where we really created a gap in their defence was the bowden one. Like I say, we need to be much better next week as wire's defence is a cut above widnes'

Good to get the 2 points but we need to start finding some consitency and being dominant in games for 60 minutes plus rather than 20. We won't win big games if we don't

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner25514No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jake the Peg "Bit of a mixed bag for me last night. We struggled to get a quick PTB all night which stopped us playing our natural game. I expect wire to be even better than this next week so we really need to up our game if we're to be in with a shout.

I thought we gave widnes too many easy yards all night but was pleased that our defence was much tighter out wide.

tuimavave not really looking convincing at 6 IMO and our attack was way off where it has been. We looked slow and ponderous again which was partly due to the slow PTB but also that sneyd and carlos just aren't working well together as a partnership yet. We really failed to create much all night and the only try where we really created a gap in their defence was the bowden one. Like I say, we need to be much better next week as wire's defence is a cut above widnes'

Good to get the 2 points but we need to start finding some consitency and being dominant in games for 60 minutes plus rather than 20. We won't win big games if we don't'"

Our attack looked slow first half and that's because of slow play if the ball you have highlighted in the first half, in the 2nd half with the quick play if the balls our attack looked better and so did our halfs, more space meant better kicks highlighted in our kick chase, which was excellent 2nd half.

I still think Pryce will be back and have a big day in our season, not sure where you could play him currently?

ccs
RankPostsTeam
International Star5318
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Is Hodgson the new Griffin, or is it all about pace?:

.... I'd bring Pryce back at no 6.
I'm still not convinced Carlos is the answer (yet), and the next 2 games against Warrington and Cas really could cement a top 2 place.
Not the games to be proving that Carlos is the answer.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: ccs ".... I'd bring Pryce back at no 6.
I'm still not convinced Carlos is the answer (yet), and the next 2 games against Warrington and Cas really could cement a top 2 place.
Not the games to be proving that Carlos is the answer.'"

Yeh why not go with carlos on the bench again, pryce back at 6. Worked well against rovers, and is definitely a positive plan b

77 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
77 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.8203125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
10m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
10m