FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Hull FC > Smith - should he stay or should he go?
574 posts in 39 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
RankPostsTeam
Junior Player107
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

so in a strange turn of events im currently in the middle of a conversation with Tex Hoys dad on Instagram direct messaging, hes saying some very very harsh things

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player491No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Milky121086 "so in a strange turn of events im currently in the middle of a conversation with Tex Hoys dad on Instagram direct messaging, hes saying some very very harsh things'"

Hope you find that attention you are seeking.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4157
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Some are saying it's the same players but different coaches. This is not totally the case as the majority of the squad assembled are his signings limited budget or not. If, however Clark had the finally say in the decisions I'll absolve Smith of some of the blame and conclude that we are even more amateurish that I first thought.

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player107
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Cuddleclub "Hope you find that attention you are seeking.'"

sorry what???? I'm simply saying who im speaking to and given recent posts etc thought it was quite on trend so to speak... i can screenshot etc but there are some offensive words used about TS and his treatment of Tex, i have disagreed with him as i genuinely don't believe TS would have the rep he does if he treat players poorly, i think its more likely to be some home truths they don't wanna hear about how the apply themselves on/off the field etc... Connor Wynne for example?? They dont like it so are throwing strops

Lastly what attention am i seeking by trying to get everyone some further insight into a players dads comment's?

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player491No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Milky121086 "sorry what???? I'm simply saying who im speaking to and given recent posts etc thought it was quite on trend so to speak... i can screenshot etc but there are some offensive words used about TS and his treatment of Tex, i have disagreed with him as i genuinely don't believe TS would have the rep he does if he treat players poorly, i think its more likely to be some home truths they don't wanna hear about how the apply themselves on/off the field etc... Connor Wynne for example?? They dont like it so are throwing strops

Lastly what attention am i seeking by trying to get everyone some further insight into a players dads comment's?'"

I’d suggest messaging players dads and then posting it on here shows you are looking for some attention. Otherwise you’d have just done it in private and kept it to yourself icon_lol.gif icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12725
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Milky121086 "sorry what???? I'm simply saying who im speaking to and given recent posts etc thought it was quite on trend so to speak... i can screenshot etc but there are some offensive words used about TS and his treatment of Tex, i have disagreed with him as i genuinely don't believe TS would have the rep he does if he treat players poorly, i think its more likely to be some home truths they don't wanna hear about how the apply themselves on/off the field etc... Connor Wynne for example?? They dont like it so are throwing strops

Lastly what attention am i seeking by trying to get everyone some further insight into a players dads comment's?'"

Bollox.
Get it banged on here and let's have a gander. icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8113
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Is Milky121086 Tony Smith? Asking for a friend icon_wink.gif icon_lol.gif

Gotta laugh or we'll all cry things are that bad.

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player107
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: WIZEB "Bollox.
Get it banged on here and let's have a gander.
Never uploaded a pic before but here you go...

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player107
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Chris71 "Is Milky121086 Tony Smith? Asking for a friend
Haha if I was I wouldn't be very happy with Tex Hoys dad lol

RankPostsTeam
International Star4157
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Milky121086 "Never uploaded a pic before but here you go...'"

I thought he was referring to Cookie.

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player107
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Marcus's Bicycle "I thought he was referring to Cookie.'"

Eh??? A club legend? Who was treated awfully by us?

RankPostsTeam
International Star4157
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Milky121086 "Eh??? A club legend? Who was treated awfully by us?'"

Our resident Rovers nuisance icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4744
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2418.jpg
:2418.jpg

When you look at where the criticism is coming from, It’s from those, or those connected with them, where the attitude was questionable anyway.
That’s why Wynne can’t get a game in Fevs team. Why Griffin can tell Hodgson to eff off but Smith soon got rid, etc, etc.
I remember when we signed Hoy reading that his connections to the Johns family, and the “fame” of his Father meant it was inevitable Newcastle would sign him, even though there were better players about.
Maybe it’s his first time in an environment where he’s accountable and not entitled?

BP1
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1059
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
cartoons/WB17.gif
I've been on the internet and have already got a sense of the fans' passion for the club. They are very fanatical - Peter Gentle 12th September 2011. Money doesn't talk it swears, Obscenity who really cares, Propaganda all is phony. I'm the son and heir of a shyness which is criminally vulgar. Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way. A man who lives in hell can still aspire to heaven.:cartoons/WB17.gif

Quote: Chris71 "Very few would argue with the bit in bold but its not the results or lack of them it is the sheer scale of the poor performances that are now common place. I wouldn't even say they've downed tools as it looks like they are unable to even pick them up to start with. They are clearly are not prepared well enough nor ready to start a game as again the performances so far show.'"

I would venture that in terms of preparation, attitude, commitment and match performance we are arguably, right now, a worse team than Wakefield last year. Although they had severe shortcomings in terms of squad quality and available recruitment level, Wakefield 2023 at least tended to show a level of fight and commitment allied to a workable game plan which attempted to make the best out of a very bad underfunded hand their coach had been dealt with. I would say it is very difficult to make that same claim for us in 2024.

What I am finding hard to comprehend however is that it is less than nine months since we beat Warrington (then still league leaders) and Saints (34-6 no less!) whilst losing narrowly to Catalans and Wigan (to a golden point) in two hard fought games. As late as last August (the Wigan game) I still harboured thoughts of possibly sneaking a play-off spot. At the very least I felt there were foundations on which to build upon for this year.

I know we have lost two or three decent players who subsequently have not been adequately replaced, but the rate at which we have been going backwards since last August has been nothing short of insane. We've gone from being a semi-decent (if not exactly spectacular) side, with some promise in there of better times to come, to being the most dis-organized rabble that any of us have ever witnessed wearing the black & white. Even the most wildly optimistic supporter (if indeed there is anyone left who fits that description!) cannot see where the next win will come from, even London away is holding trepidation for most of us.

I'm sure we've all heard the saying 'sometimes you have to go backwards in order to ultimately go forwards' but the club, and Smith specifically, is taking that maxim to almost unheard and obscene depths. None of us was expecting too much from this season but surely none of us equally could have even remotely imagined the sheer scale of ineptitude which is currently being trotted out on a weekly basis. I would surmise that Wakefield supporters last year acknowledged that their side were trying their best against at times insurmountable odds and as such at least felt some pride in what their team was trying to achieve.

When was the last time we felt any pride in our club? Far too long ago for most of our tastes I am sorry to say.

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player107
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Irregular Hoops "When you look at where the criticism is coming from, It’s from those, or those connected with them, where the attitude was questionable anyway.
That’s why Wynne can’t get a game in Fevs team. Why Griffin can tell Hodgson to eff off but Smith soon got rid, etc, etc.
I remember when we signed Hoy reading that his connections to the Johns family, and the “fame” of his Father meant it was inevitable Newcastle would sign him, even though there were better players about.
Maybe it’s his first time in an environment where he’s accountable and not entitled?'"

HALLELUJAH!! A fan who sees sense!! This is what im saying, isn't it a bit odd that the players who have had poor attitude seemingly on and off the pitch are getting sacked, let go etc by the club? This club is rotten and has deep rooted attitude problems that stem back to the end of the Radford era, Reynolds, Gale, Wynne, Evans, Griffin etc etc and now Hoy, i strongly believe they are getting told things they don't like hearing and wont buy into the way the club are trying to change things, and if that's the case this is the time we should all be getting behind the coaching staff and backing them getting rid of players who are stealing wages playing for our great club

574 posts in 39 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
574 posts in 39 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.2373046875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Le Cats at home - Los Alomos Custers Last Stand
Armavinit
3m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Jake the Peg
4m