JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Quote: carl_spackler "This is probably about the most sensible way to go about deciding whether or not to attend, TBH. I've assessed on the same basis, I just happen to have reached a different verdict. Last week brought it home to me, really. I was invited to something on Friday, and instead of the previously reflexive 'Sorry I can't, Hull are at home' response that was the norm, the offer appealed. I'm p***ed off and bored at the match, I'm p***ed off for the rest of the evening, when discussing it over the course of the rest of the week, or when I see pieces like today's from Pearson making excuses and appealing for more patience, and it makes me angry and resentful of the effort and money I've expended when I see the kind of performances typical of this and last season.

So it's a personal thing, but I'm no longer prepared to spend money on something that makes me miserable.'"

Sums up my feelings too perfectly eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7359
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45295_1698513085.jpg
once a black and white always a black and white COYH:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45295.jpg

can see your guys point of view, but for me at the moment it isnt an option, but i cert can see why you think otherwise,

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10540No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32093.jpg
:32093.jpg

Quote: fcandy "This all comes down to one decision for me, either I stop supporting the club I love or continue to go and support it despite the obvious issues that need addressing. If enough people decide to do the first option in protest of the current failings in coaching and player performance then longer term this actually makes getting to the place we all want the club to be more difficult (Cutting off your nose to spite your face). It may even contribute to the eventual demise of the club. That is something I can simply not do as I would rather have a failing club that could potentially be great one day than no club at all.

We have to accept that only one man's decision counts in reality, and although the large majority disagree with his stance on the coach, he has earned the right by way of investment to make those decisions. No one accept Adam knows what factors are in the mix when finalising those decisions and I suspect the financial burden of the club is now having a major influence on them. Our owner has invested a lot of money, always been open and honest with us, has accepted past mistakes and has always had the clubs best interest at heart. As a fan base we can expect little more when you think of all the factors working against him at present. I think he and therefore the team deserves our backing all things considered.'"

Agree with a lot, but not the last sentence. They [ineed[/i our backing, I can't think of an argument as to why they [ideserve[/i it. They are doing no more than their jobs (and badly), and Pearson in particular is now openly acknowledging fan discontent whilst seemingly refusing to act, actually suggesting we should stop complaining and also appealing for us to keep turning up. As he rightly says, attendances are a reflection of performances, and I'm more inclined to say that that's a fairer barometer of what he and the club currently deserve.

RankPostsTeam
International Star126No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I actually agree with the title of the thread. It is the players' fault - albeit operating within a culture that has rewarded, and encouraged, mediocrity for sometime.

Several times - Kear, Sharp, Gentle - the Hull FC players have downed tools to get a coach the sack. So I can see why Adam might take a stand, and say no, you're not doing it again, this guy is the coach and it'll be you lot you get the finger pointed at you and not him this time.

The sad thing is, the time to do that was after Huddersfield with Gentle, not now when we have a coach who wasn't up to it as a player or a captain and certainly isn't up to it as a coach. Not only that, but a coach who was part of that culture of drinking club, rewarding mediocrity and getting coaches the sack that we need to be rid of! He's backing completely the wrong horse, but I can see why he's doing it.

Ultimately, doomed. This is going to get much worse before it gets even a little bit better.

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman12768No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
663_1379281559.jpg
[b:1g6itio7][color=#000000:1g6itio7]Take kindly the counsel of the years, gracefully surrendering the things of youth. Nurture strength of spirit to shield you in sudden misfortune. But do not distress yourself with imaginings. Many fears are born of fatigue and loneliness. Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself.; [/color:1g6itio7][/b:1g6itio7]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_663.jpg

I understand and agree that AP can not come out and criticise Radders, that is not on and not what an owner does until after he sacks some one. I do not like him blaming the players, I have stayed away from pointing fingers at players the internet is a very public place. The fact he has come out and stated a few things is interesting and he must clearly understand that the doldrums we are in, now look to be season long.

As I have stated before that up to him, its his money but many and me included have better things to spend a grand a year on. On balance I think he has done more harm then good with his statement, its not going to persuade anyone to go Friday for a start if they where thinking about it.

Sometimes keeping your head down, keeping your own council, relying on your own gut feelings most importantly.................KEEP YOUR GOB SHUT

RankPostsTeam
International Star1073
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Nov 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
72110_1392199554.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_72110.jpg

Quote: anijay "I renewed my pass this season to support Adam Pearson. I was disappointed when Gentle was sacked, even more disappointed with Radford's appointment and didn't really enjoy a lot of last season's games.

Whilst I acknowledge Adam has to be careful what he says in the press if he really believes in half of what he says in that interview I won't be renewing next season.

I've responded to Adam's rallying cries once too often and now feel badly let down and disillusioned'"

Ditto.

RankPostsTeam
International Star174No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2015Aug 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I have no doubt that Pearson has spoken to all the players ,staff ect and from that he has made this statement .Some comments on here are laughable , whos is next in line for our poor performances the kit man? programme sellers? we have had Radford ,Pearson and Motu Tony.Then we get he does not fire them up ? Almost every game Fc have had the better stats,the effort is not in question.After the defeat to Rovers they went to Saints sand won,who got them up for that? the grass cutter. Then we get "happy clappers" thrown at fans Nobody i have spoken to is Happy and rightly so but looking at the get Radford out petition it shows that not many do want him out ..92 at the last count. Like everybody else we know our problems are getting over the line ,our go forward is one of the best in the comp along with our defence so why do we struggle to score?IMO any defence need structure and we have got that , IMO we lack basic Rugby near the line and thats backing players up, decent kicking game to put pressure on opposition defences and for players to run better lines. Do we really believe that Radford ect and the players dont know this? do we really believe they dont do this in training ?I have seen th eteam do all this intraing yet when it comes to the game it all gets lost..why wish I knew the answer.One thing is certain drive Pearson out and nobody will by a pass there wont be a club to support,I find it ludicrous that some think he does not care.If we dont back the team and Pearson it will be the end of the Club .Nobody would take the Club on knowing they would get flack when things get bad and what coach would come here knowing his family would also get abuse which sadly we have seen already ..its a disgrace

RankPostsTeam
International Star3607No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2017Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

He was right in the end:

Why dont the club try a media black out for one week, then we wont get the usual guff.

Just a week for the team to do the talking in the 80 minute performance, nothing else.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mrs Barista "What did you expect him to say in the papers two days before an important game? The coach is on the brink, sacked on Saturday if we lose?'"

It worked at Manchester united when Ferguson was given the ultimatum.They won the match and you know what happened after that

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: hokeydokey "I have no doubt that Pearson has spoken to all the players ,staff ect and from that he has made this statement .Some comments on here are laughable , whos is next in line for our poor performances the kit man? programme sellers? we have had Radford ,Pearson and Motu Tony.Then we get he does not fire them up ? Almost every game Fc have had the better stats,the effort is not in question.After the defeat to Rovers they went to Saints sand won,who got them up for that? the grass cutter. Then we get "happy clappers" thrown at fans Nobody i have spoken to is Happy and rightly so but looking at the get Radford out petition it shows that not many do want him out ..92 at the last count. Like everybody else we know our problems are getting over the line ,our go forward is one of the best in the comp along with our defence so why do we struggle to score?IMO any defence need structure and we have got that , IMO we lack basic Rugby near the line and thats backing players up, decent kicking game to put pressure on opposition defences and for players to run better lines. Do we really believe that Radford ect and the players dont know this? do we really believe they dont do this in training ?I have seen th eteam do all this intraing yet when it comes to the game it all gets lost..why wish I knew the answer.One thing is certain drive Pearson out and nobody will by a pass there wont be a club to support,I find it ludicrous that some think he does not care.If we dont back the team and Pearson it will be the end of the Club .Nobody would take the Club on knowing they would get flack when things get bad and what coach would come here knowing his family would also get abuse which sadly we have seen already ..its a disgrace'"

Was this a post from 12 months ago? We are garbage just accept it

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25662No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I'd love to hear Pearson talk if we get beat by Salford.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10540No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32093.jpg
:32093.jpg

Quote: hokeydokey "I have no doubt that Pearson has spoken to all the players ,staff ect and from that he has made this statement .Some comments on here are laughable , whos is next in line for our poor performances the kit man? programme sellers? we have had Radford ,Pearson and Motu Tony.Then we get he does not fire them up ? Almost every game Fc have had the better stats,the effort is not in question.After the defeat to Rovers they went to Saints sand won,who got them up for that? the grass cutter. Then we get "happy clappers" thrown at fans Nobody i have spoken to is Happy and rightly so but looking at the get Radford out petition it shows that not many do want him out ..92 at the last count. Like everybody else we know our problems are getting over the line ,our go forward is one of the best in the comp along with our defence so why do we struggle to score?IMO any defence need structure and we have got that , IMO we lack basic Rugby near the line and thats backing players up, decent kicking game to put pressure on opposition defences and for players to run better lines. Do we really believe that Radford ect and the players dont know this? do we really believe they dont do this in training ?I have seen th eteam do all this intraing yet when it comes to the game it all gets lost..why wish I knew the answer.One thing is certain drive Pearson out and nobody will by a pass there wont be a club to support,I find it ludicrous that some think he does not care.If we dont back the team and Pearson it will be the end of the Club .Nobody would take the Club on knowing they would get flack when things get bad and what coach would come here knowing his family would also get abuse which sadly we have seen already ..its a disgrace'"

The highlighted part is the single biggest hole in the argument of it being a player issue. The effort is mostly there, it's just not being harnessed and directed correctly.

Obviously the players are not blameless, but IMO if it's the quality and not the commitment of them that is the question, it then still comes back to who is recruiting them, training them, and selecting them as well. I genuinely believe that there is some sort of confusion/denial at all the huffing and puffing not turning into points, as if it is inconceivable that it should not follow automatically. It certainly comes across that way in Radford's post match comments when we lose narrowly, and I think it's evident in the way that the players don't actually seem to improve in terms of skill, rather it just looks like the answer is believed to be to work harder, not smarter.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12363
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11987_1319451684.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11987.jpg

Quote: Dave K. "I'd love to hear Pearson talk if we get beat by Salford.'"

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12097No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Dave K. "I'd love to hear Pearson talk if we get beat by Salford.'"

As bad as we are I can't see us losing to Salford. If you have to ask for a postponement things are obviously in dire straights. I'm more concerned that a win will bring about all the "we've turned the corner," articles and will buy Radford yet more time.

I could never actively want us to lose a game, but I am pretty indifferent about this result. Even if we win I just don't see how we are good enough to make the 8. A loss might be a good thing in the long run.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12363
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11987_1319451684.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11987.jpg

Quote: Mr. Zucchini Head "As bad as we are I can't see us losing to Salford. If you have to ask for a postponement things are obviously in dire straights. I'm more concerned that a win will bring about all the "we've turned the corner," articles and will buy Radford yet more time.

I could never actively want us to lose a game, but I am pretty indifferent about this result. Even if we win I just don't see how we are good enough to make the 8. A loss might be a good thing in the long run.'"

If that result came in at 9:50pm , I think that would be it for Radford regardless of Pearson's backing . I think & hope he'd walk.

76 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
76 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1318359375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
15m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Irregular Ho
38m