JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2017Mar 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: PCollinson1990 "Why dont all the Rervers fans just clear off to their own board...!'"

Maybe trouble finding it?

Keep scrolling you will find the Rovers board has moved a little lower down the page

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29775No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

The reality is that for years RH have employed a RL producer who talks openly of calling NH at home of an evening (cosy) with Richard Stead as a neutral and 2 Rovers affiliated summarisers. They part company with Richardson and his "horses**t" management comments re Adam Pearson and replace with, er, Rovers player Chris Charles. I struggle to see why the balance shouldn't be reversed given the relative positions of the clubs, it's all a bit strange. Is someone sleeping with Hudgell? icon_lol.gif That said, Jon Wilkin is excellent when he does punditry for the BBC, thoroughly enjoyed his work at last year's cup final.

Fortunately for those who can't make the game as others have said there's far more choice now so perhaps the monopoly RH have had will be diluted and fans wanting something with more insight and similar alignment will start to switch.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner765No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8570.jpg
Hull KR Chairman Neil Hudgell, August 26th, 2014 said.. "In fact, the days of us signing any players from across the river are over. Our fans are loyal, passionate and only interested in one club. Taking players from our nearest rivals doesn't fit in with that brief.":8570.jpg

Gwylym's greatest ever moment was in Perpignan a few years back. He was there to give live coverage of Catalans v Hull KR one Saturday afternoon/early evening. As the teams came out and lined up alongside each other, the stadium announcer could be heard in the background saying a few words, our hero Gwylym assumed he was announcing the teams and said "Well, the teams are now lining up for the French national anthem". The stadium tannoys then fell quiet and Gwylym said "Well, I don't know what's going on, they usually play the national anthem about now, I wonder if there's something wrong with the tannoy system." He then continued filling in the silence by rambling on about problems broadcasting from Southern France until a blast of the referee's whistle was heard in the background and the stadium announcer started up once again. Gwylym then said, "Well, whatever the problem was they seemed to have sorted it" at which point Chris Park leaned over and said "I think we've just had a minute's silence Gwylym"...

RankPostsTeam
International Star264No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 2019Jun 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: fc-eaststander "weather its one sided or the other I don't know one things for certain its about time Lloyd retired and give a younger more experienced commentator a chance who has actually played the modern game there's plenty of ex players some who have played for both clubs out there because weather your a rover fan or a black and white his commentary and dribble he spouts is wofull and is a real turn off FFS join Steveo in the past the games moved on'"

AGREE WITH THIS ONE

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach584No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: davey37 "Got a response from the dobbins Trev.

Well done.

Mrs B said on another thread that it was stated on Blunderside last week that Kelly would be out for the season. This was before the Wakefield game.

I asked who said this as I haven't listened to that amateur station for a long time.

Still waiting to find out but if true then they should be taken to task over such biased misleading reporting.'"

I agree with you it is a very amateurish station, but to be fair to them it was a listener who contacted the station asking if it was true Albert Kelly had a season ending injury. The reply given was something along the lines of we haven’t heard anything.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3460
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2018Jul 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Challenge Cup Winners 2016 (at Wembley) - HULL FC:

Quote: Aldy "I agree with you it is a very amateurish station, but to be fair to them it was a listener who contacted the station asking if it was true Albert Kelly had a season ending injury. The reply given was something along the lines of we haven’t heard anything.'"

If so then fair enough.

Thanks for clearing that up.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2100No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8079.jpg
:8079.jpg

Quote: Mrs Barista "The reality is that for years RH have employed a RL producer who talks openly of calling NH at home of an evening (cosy) with Richard Stead as a neutral and 2 Rovers affiliated summarisers. They part company with Richardson and his "horses**t" management comments re Adam Pearson and replace with, er, Rovers player Chris Charles. I struggle to see why the balance shouldn't be reversed given the relative positions of the clubs, it's all a bit strange. Is someone sleeping with Hudgell? '"

Thanks, you said it very well

Why the hell is a second-division team getting more favourable coverage than the sole super league team in the city ?

RankPostsTeam
International Star7194
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2019Jul 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

einstien said insanity is when a person does the same thing over and over again but expects a different result:

Quote: TrevLovesJanice "Thanks, you said it very well

Why the hell is a second-division team getting more favourable coverage than the sole super league team in the city ?'"

Were not get over it

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29775No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: fun time frankie "Were not get over it'"

"A fresh start for the Robins"

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29775No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: TrevLovesJanice "Thanks, you said it very well

Why the hell is a second-division team getting more favourable coverage than the sole super league team in the city ?'"

None so blind as those who will not see. icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star594
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Feb 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think TLJ has a point.
It has wrankled me that, Mr Lloyd does appear to show bias towards his own and not to us, even though he's often in an anchor role, but blame the station for that.

I don't think there's anything wrong with bias in local commentary, I like it, but it should be even handed. Honestly, how can Gollum do that for us when he wears a red and white scarf ??
It's nothing at all to do with his incompetence in his roles as either commentator or anchor. Though it should be of concern to me, It's just that I'm past caring. That's one for his employers to act on.

What's wrong for me is that we don't get the bias I would like to have, in the same way Rovers had it with the brilliant and unashamedly biased Chris Park (whom I loved to listen to), with our own DDD in his pomp, and Burnsey for the Tigers. That's all I ask for, a genuine FC man covering all things FC.

're. Air time...maybe Rovers don't actually get more air time than our boys, I'm not sure, but it's so painful to listen to, that it feels like they get way longer.

The Sports Editor should do the right thing and appoint a happily biased commentator for the Airlie Birds, complete with B&W scarf, and then I'll be happy.
Nb. I do like the sound of Richard Stead though, and his classic put downs of Mr Lloyd when he moves into puddled mode.

RankPostsTeam
International Star235No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201213 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

gwillam Lloyds red n white bias has driven me nuts for years. but he does give us a good laugh now and then, pushing the wrong buttons etc,and his cringeworthy interviews with anybody connected to rovers. he ha d Jason netherton in the studio just before the season started and said to him do you think the players and fans will be looking forward to seeing all the qaint old rugby league grounds again!! to which netherton said "er no. haha

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member6734No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2021Jun 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3738_1390436317.gif
The referee's indecision is final:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_3738.gif

Quote: Uppo58 "I think TLJ has a point.
It has wrankled me that, Mr Lloyd does appear to show bias towards his own and not to us, even though he's often in an anchor role, but blame the station for that.

'"

i've frequently heard mr lloyd referred to as an anchor - i think

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner992No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6009.jpg
:6009.jpg

Quote: the artist "i've frequently heard mr lloyd referred to as an anchor - i think'"

More like a plank.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach559No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
42204_1430064125.png
If your going through Hell,..........Keep going!!! (Winston Churchill):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_42204.png

Quote: fun time frankie "Were not get over it'"

You are and always have.
Three seasons ago (when Rovers were a super league side) FC lost one Sunday and a KR fan texted in to RH:- "Great game, great commentary, great result!" Gollum read it out.
Next week Rovers lose so I texted in the same message, Gollum reads out: "Great game, great commentary!" icon_lol.gif

73 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
73 posts in 6 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.3720703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Decision on the field
MattyB
11m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
chapylad
26m