JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201510 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
73680_1515668157.jpg
[size=85:3idnpzvq]Cup Winners: 1914, 1982, 2005, 2016, 2017. Cup Runners-Up: 1908, 1909, 1910, 1922, 1923, 1959, 1960, 1980, 1983, 1985, 2008, 2013. League Champions: 1920, 1921, 1936, 1956, 1958, 1983. League Runners-Up: 1957, 1982, 1984, 2006.[/size:3idnpzvq]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_73680.jpg

Quote: UllFC "As fan of over 20 years it pains me to say this, but this is he point our years of decline are in danger of becoming a terminal spiral.

Yet another disappointing home display, the team didn't even turn up for about 20/30mins, gave a distinctly average Catalan a head start, and somehow allowed them to win when they've been hammered every week when visiting the UK.

Same collection of issues that have dogged us for years, no attacking game plan, poor kicking, awful conversion attempts. Failure to turn up for 80mins. No different attacking moves to all the other 'close but got no points' games we've had in the Radford era. I think most fans are realistic and didn't expect a classic today, 7th versus 8th in a dead rubber was never going to be, but we do expect effort for the full game. The young kids did better over the last few weeks than the experienced pro's on display today. Catalan's were also a lot smarter with their play, often playing for penalties and slowing the game down, something we never seem to do.

Crowds and the atmosphere are at their lowest point, Pearson admitted there was only 6,500 in the ground last week and there can't have been any more than that today despite some free/cheap tickets in the North stand. The fans are voting with their feet, in increasing numbers.

I can only plead with Pearson to admit he made a mistake in hiring Radford, and go out and hire an experienced head coach, which would restore confidence and most fans would renew next year and give the team a chance.

I had already decided not to renew my pass next year based on poor performances over the last year and a half, but today really was the final straw, after yet another week of hype in the media 'going to end with a bang' we went out with a whimper. We have signed some quality players next year but it's backs we need more than forwards. We are also losing Lineham and Paea who are quality players who we will miss.

Some posters on here may be glad to hear that after over 20 years of support and approx 11 years posting on here this will be my last thread. This isn't the club I fell in love with, it's a badly managed sinking ship and I can't see anything changing anytime soon. Over and out!'"

icon_wave.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach55No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think that might be a little too much, but you are always welcome if things are too bad at Hull City!

RankPostsTeam
International Star161No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2015Oct 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

That's the most boring game I have seen in a long long time. Time to work really hard in preseason now and prove next season, or this will indeed be the unmaking of Hull FC.

We have the squad, so if the back room has to change, so be it; get them out and turn it around.

Personally I like Radders and think with the squad and proper back room personnel, he and the club will thrive!

We are a bang average club and by no means (at this time) a sleeping giant, fact. Lucky to be a top 8 side at present.

I may yet show my support next season, with spending very hard to come by cash on a pass but it will be based on seeing major improvements behind the scenes (how we will get to know this, I don't know). However, if I get the feel we will utilise our squad well, then I'm in... If I don't, then I will spend the cash on my family instead where I will undoubtedly benefit. All in all its a game, buff said.

Merry Christmas and Happy Newyear

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach536No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2016Apr 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16528.jpg
:16528.jpg

Quote: threepennystander "People have the right to moan as much as they want on here as far as i'm concerned. Isn't that the idea of a open forum.me and my mates all said today we'd be picking our games next season. In all honesty we'll probably buy passes after a few months of rugby withdrawal symptoms and suffer the same crap served up this year. For me though the club is in freefall with no clear direction to halt it. The constant rallying call to buy passes to save us from the smc as worn thin. I'd rather see pearson saying its up to the club to bring back the fans than all this club needs you bull. We've gone from averaging 12000 in 2006 to 7-8000 turning up now. The supports there adam but why should they make the effort to show up when the team don't. In business if customers stop buying a product you look at making the product more appealing. You don't just nag/beg the customers to start buying it again'"

a014.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach55No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2016Nov 2015LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Maybe time for a merger? Would be a good team imo, you could have the FC bit in the name and we could have the KR bit, Hull Kingston Rovers FC! Oh no wait, thats what we are already called, never mind come over to a proper rugby league ground with an atmosphere that befits our great game, not soccer! Pearson loves soccer!

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner565No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8196.jpg
Born Black and White Die Black and White Hull will give us a tough game but the key is to silence their fans in the Threepenny Stand.We have to do this because if we do'nt they will get behind their side and lift them in a way you've never seen,heard or witnessed before. Frank Stanton. Coach to the 1982 "Untouchables" Aussie team. 1982 ":8196.jpg

Quote: david483 "Maybe time for a merger? Would be a good team imo, you could have the FC bit in the name and we could have the KR bit, Hull Kingston Rovers FC! Oh no wait, thats what we are already called, never mind come over to a proper rugby league ground with an atmosphere that befits our great game, not soccer! Pearson loves soccer!'"

RankPostsTeam
International Star7670No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: oud3pstander "Agree that for 20/30 minutes we where asleep but the Silverwood was for the whole game .
Goal kicking was bad but Sneyd was coming out of sunlight in to shadow for his 3 kicks and as for always a problem we have won and drawn games thanks to our kickers, that's if you can think that far back.
But then again only got 65 years support in.'"

Sneyds goalkicking from wide out has been very poor all season so i dont think you can use the sun as an excuse.
I like Sneyd but he has a lot to work on including taking on the line more and his long range kicking.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: david483 "Maybe time for a merger? Would be a good team imo, you could have the FC bit in the name and we could have the KR bit, Hull Kingston Rovers FC! Oh no wait, thats what we are already called, never mind come over to a proper rugby league ground with an atmosphere that befits our great game, not soccer! Pearson loves soccer!'"

Regrets, you must have had a few. About Scott Taylor..
Quote: david483 "Get him signed for a 10 year deal, he will be a future england international without a doubt, we will regret this if we dont sign him long term.'"

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner565No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Aug 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8196.jpg
Born Black and White Die Black and White Hull will give us a tough game but the key is to silence their fans in the Threepenny Stand.We have to do this because if we do'nt they will get behind their side and lift them in a way you've never seen,heard or witnessed before. Frank Stanton. Coach to the 1982 "Untouchables" Aussie team. 1982 ":8196.jpg

Thanks for the invite,think I will stay where I am.
Yes you do have atmosphere over there,think its called Saltend water treatment works.Its seems your full of the same stuff it is.
You also seem to have either a selective or very short memory.Your 50 NIL embarrassing thrashing has done nothing for your club,the city or rugby league in general.In short ,nothing that befits our great game.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29769No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: david483 "If you are that fed up with Football Club and playing in a soccer stadium come over to Hull KR 7,500 today at a proper Rugby League ground, 100% 7 from 7 in the qualifiers, Challenge cup runners up 2015, the future is red and white!'"

Dear Lord. Mike Smith said your league campaign has been disastrous. A record 50-0 humiliation in the cup final a full 9 years after a 50-0 humiliation in the semi final. Radford (for goodness' sake) sealing a 3-1 Derby advantage over Chester. Sacking off young local players. It's a fair way from boasting Top 8 minimum as "virtually assured" in, like, May, isn't it? Dunswell delusions, I'm afraid. Focus on spinning the re-signing of "Larroyer the Destroyer" and Graeme Horne, love... icon_biggrin.gifANCE:

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30104
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Worrying thing for me is that out recruitment next year isn't addressing our fundamental issues which are a lack of quality at 6,7 and 9 and poor basic skill set across the team.

We may be a bit better but then so may rovers, salford and widnes. Another fight for a top 8 spot beckons IMO.

Our home form is a disgrace. Only 5 wins from 14 league games tells you how soft we are as a team.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner25517No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Lots of these anti Radford fans wanted B Smith as our new coach despite not coaching first team rugby for years. Has done a really nothing at Wakey and not improved them despite being able to bring in 9/10 new players.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach485
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2022Feb 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
12138.jpg
[img:16dz10fv]http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9237/hullfcsiglo7.gif[/img:16dz10fv] Hull Fc - a safe place in an unsafe world!:12138.jpg

Sneyds kicking is interesting if you actually look he has changed his style completely from that served him so well at cas his style doesn't seem to be working just wonder if thats a club decision or his to change it but he certainly doesn't look comfortable woth it

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17123No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: Dave K. "Lots of these anti Radford fans wanted B Smith as our new coach despite not coaching first team rugby for years. Has done a really nothing at Wakey and not improved them despite being able to bring in 9/10 new players.'"

I agree, we have to be careful what we wish for. How many of us would have kept Gentle in hindsight if we knew Radford was going to replace him for example.

Ideally I'd want a really experienced older coach who completely re-invents the club off the field, from the coaching staff, to the pre-match preparation, to the pre-season training...but I accept there aren't many of those available. I also don't watch the NRL so can't comment on what coaches (obviously more likely to be an assistant or unemployed coach) would be available.

the best compromise would be Daryl Powell, a coach who led Featherstone to 4 straight league titles on limited resources (and look how they've slipped since) took a Castleford side near the bottom of the league and out of confidence to 4th and a CC final. He then lost half a team, but has re-grouped again and finished 5th and still within a shout of 4th with a couple of weeks to go. He's also got the best out of players such as Shenton & Lynch who were deemed surplus to requirements at other clubs and has continued to bring young players through. You also wonder if he will start to think he's achieved all he can at Cas given the resources.

Yes (before someone points out!) Radford has beaten Powell's teams on a few occasions, but on the whole they've looked a lot more competitive than us, and as above I think his ability to get more out of players previously deemed not good enough or past it, is exactly what we need, as I don't think another wholesale shakeup of the squad is needed.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner25517No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: UllFC "I agree, we have to be careful what we wish for. How many of us would have kept Gentle in hindsight if we knew Radford was going to replace him for example.

Ideally I'd want a really experienced older coach who completely re-invents the club off the field, from the coaching staff, to the pre-match preparation, to the pre-season training...but I accept there aren't many of those available. I also don't watch the NRL so can't comment on what coaches (obviously more likely to be an assistant or unemployed coach) would be available.

the best compromise would be Daryl Powell, a coach who led Featherstone to 4 straight league titles on limited resources (and look how they've slipped since) took a Castleford side near the bottom of the league and out of confidence to 4th and a CC final. He then lost half a team, but has re-grouped again and finished 5th and still within a shout of 4th with a couple of weeks to go. He's also got the best out of players such as Shenton & Lynch who were deemed surplus to requirements at other clubs and has continued to bring young players through. You also wonder if he will start to think he's achieved all he can at Cas given the resources.

Yes (before someone points out!) Radford has beaten Powell's teams on a few occasions, but on the whole they've looked a lot more competitive than us, and as above I think his ability to get more out of players previously deemed not good enough or past it, is exactly what we need, as I don't think another wholesale shakeup of the squad is needed.'"

Were are the club going to get the 300k plus it would take to get Powell.

Radford has until Easter IMO.

97 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
97 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.93505859375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
9m
Tomkins last chance
Big Steve
10m
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
11m
Saints h
Zig
11m
Whitehaven
Yosemite Sam
12m
7pm
phe13
12m
Film game
Wanderer
13m
FRENCH
Zig
15m
RD 25 Hull FC H
batleyrhino
16m
Lee Briers joins St Helens coaching staff
Boss Hog
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Emagdnim13
19s
Play-offs
Deeeekos
25s
Squads - Tigers v Leopards
micktheleyth
27s
Squads - Leopards v Wolves
Deeeekos
35s
Betting 2024
karetaker
38s
BORED The Band Name Game
Wanderer
38s
Game - Song Titles
Wanderer
38s
FRENCH
Zig
40s
George Williams
just_browny
42s
Sheffield A
Highlander
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
7pm
phe13
TODAY
Who do we want in the play-offs
ninearches
TODAY
Tomkins last chance
Big Steve
TODAY
Ken Rollin
REDWHITEANDB
TODAY
Max
PopTart
TODAY
Play-offs
Deeeekos
TODAY
Highlights v Whitehaven
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Play offs
newcat
TODAY
George Williams
just_browny
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Huddersfield Away
Wire Weaver
TODAY
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off London Challenge
RLFANS News
TODAY
Salford Close In On The Play Offs As Dragons Crisis Continues
RLFANS News
TODAY
Batley v Dons - Sunday 8 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
Staying down after head contact
Jake the Peg
TODAY
Broncos Ladies
Deadcowboys1
TODAY
OT players staying down but staying on after treatment
djcool
TODAY
Hull live/Tomlinson
Chris71
TODAY
Todays match v Saints
Wanderer
TODAY
New England RL shirt
The Curtism
TODAY
Reserves Grand Final
Zig
TODAY
Shareholder meetings
Dunkirk Spir
TODAY
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth After Defeating Castleford Tigers
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
Leeds Rhinos Ride Their Luck F..
Wigan Warriors Level Top As Ca..
Castleford Tigers Inflict Anot..
Leigh Into the Six After Beati..
Five Into Three - Our Top Six ..
Leigh Leopards Lay Claim To Pl..
Salford Up To Fourth After Dem..
Hull KR Embarrass Saints As Th..
Rhinos Sweep Past the Dragons ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,704 80,11314,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 Fri 13th Sep
     National Rugby League 2024-R28
10:50
Penrith
v
Sydney
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R26
20:00
Leigh
v
Hull KR
St.Helens
v
Castleford
Wigan
v
Leeds
 Sat 14th Sep
07:05
Melbourne
v
Cronulla
10:50
NQL Cowboys
v
Newcastle
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
14:00
FeatherstoneW
v
York V
St.HelensW
v
BarrowW
15:00
Hull FC
v
Salford
       Championship 2024-R26
Barrow
v
Whitehaven
Bradford
v
Batley
Dewsbury
v
Swinton
Doncaster
v
Widnes
Featherstone
v
Sheffield
Wakefield
v
York
17:00
Toulouse
v
Halifax
Catalans
v
LondonB
 Sun 15th Sep
07:05
Canterbury
v
Manly
     Womens Super League 2024-R14
12:00
WiganW
v
LeedsW
Hudds W
v
Wire W
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 13th Sep
SL
Leigh-Hull KR
SL
St.Helens-Castleford
SL
Wigan-Leeds
Sat 14th Sep
SL
Hull FC-Salford
SL
Catalans-LondonB
Sun 15th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Warrington
Fri 20th Sep
SL
Huddersfield-Castleford
SL
Hull FC-Catalans
SL
Hull KR-Leeds
SL
Leigh-St.Helens
SL
Warrington-LondonB
SL
Wigan-Salford
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
14:30
England M-Samoa M
Sun 8th Sep
SL 25 Huddersfield22-16LondonB
WSL2024 13 LeedsW52-12FeatherstoneW
WSL2024 13 BarrowW24-4Hudds W
WSL2024 13 WiganW12-16York V
CH 25 Batley0-38Doncaster
CH 25 Halifax34-6Dewsbury
CH 25 Sheffield12-30Bradford
CH 25 Swinton28-8Featherstone
CH 25 Wakefield60-6Whitehaven
CH 25 Widnes6-12York
NRL 27 Manly20-40Cronulla
NRL 27 Newcastle14-6Dolphins
Sat 7th Sep
SL 25 Warrington16-2St.Helens
SL 25 Salford27-12Catalans
WSL2024 13 Wire W0-98St.HelensW
CH 25 Barrow24-36Toulouse
NRL 27 St.George24-26Canberra
NRL 27 Canterbury6-44NQL Cowboys
NRL 27 Penrith18-12Gold Coast
Fri 6th Sep
SL 25 Castleford12-34Leigh
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 25 619 336 283 40
Hull KR 25 669 311 358 38
Warrington 25 618 319 299 36
Salford 25 492 479 13 30
Leigh 25 548 362 186 29
St.Helens 25 544 366 178 28

Leeds 25 514 424 90 28
Catalans 25 439 415 24 26
Huddersfield 25 434 582 -148 18
Castleford 25 411 661 -250 15
Hull FC 25 320 812 -492 6
LondonB 25 309 850 -541 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 23 872 252 620 44
Bradford 23 602 359 243 30
Toulouse 22 624 322 302 29
Widnes 23 499 403 96 27
York 24 609 419 190 26
Featherstone 23 560 452 108 26

Sheffield 23 574 466 108 26
Doncaster 23 440 513 -73 21
Halifax 23 457 579 -122 20
Batley 23 364 497 -133 20