JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jake the Peg "The main benefit with lam is he is non fed so would cost less on the cap and would free up another quota spot. He was never coming here'"

I agree
never going to another S/L club whilst his dad is at Leigh
Just playing the money game whilst he can

RankPostsTeam
International Star7696No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Chris71 "To be fair you can read his interview one of a few ways and in fairness I wouldn't have expected him to say much different, a no comment would just add fuel to the situation.
If he comes its a huge signing but if he doesn't then at least the club are trying and it appears that a top half is on the list of priorities. It may well be why there is little in way of rumour on the last quota spots, if Lam signs we still have 2 free spots, if he doesn't we'll need to use one for a top class half especially if the rumour of Trueman to Wakey has some substance behind it.'"

for me no comment would have meant he was moving on.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7696No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: K-Diddy "Dan now reporting that Sam Eseh is coming for the rest of the year. Another big body can’t hurt.'"

Thats a decent loan signing

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30157
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

So what are we looking like for 2025?

1. Walker?
2. Briscoe
3. Chamberlain
4. Hardaker
5. Martin/Barrron
6. Turueman/ new signing
7. Abdul
8. Herman
9. Cust
10. Sao
11. Lane
12. Cartwright
13. Asiata

14. Ashworth
15. Aydin
16. Holmes
17. Burough/Balmforth

Now people will call me negative because they can't process the reality of where we are, ut to me that still looks like a bottom 3 side. No pace in the backs, no strike out wide, ageing/ injury prone players. No surprise lam wants to stay at leigh.

We really need another 3 quality addiction if we're going to be anywhere near competitive and a massive improvement in fitness, conditioning and our defence

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player828No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think the signing of 2/3 top quality players (Lam being one) would turn that side from a 9-10th place side to 5-7th

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2206No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/016.jpg
:simpsons/016.jpg

We were in a similar spot last year when people kept saying we need to make good use of the last couple of quota spots, we were linked with Clune ,Watson, Blore amongst others and ended up with Okunbor and Brown, hopefully we don't end up with two more duds next season

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player99No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20241 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Blackandwhitebigdog "So if we fail to get Lam it's clear that we have money to spend as it's rumoured we've offered 325k.

Therefore why not go and try get Mikey Lewis...

Yes he's under contract, but that doesn't seem to matter these days. And let's be honest he's a black and white fan!'"

Will never happen as long as you’re got a hole in your aris. The thing with Hull is other than money why would you sign for them?

There is little or no chance. 30+ player would achieve anything in their lifetime and the internal politics at the club is enough to frighten anyone off.

Hull could do to be relegated and start again. This papering over cracks recruitment doesn’t work. Seen it all before.

Hull need a better infrastructure and that is not Pearson and Myler but you have what you have. 10 years to rebuild if you can stay the course??

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5247No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

If we can get a half, Lam or someone of a similar ilk then I can see us getting top 6.

We need some more strike out wide, I'd be amazed if we didn't use a quota player on.

I'd like another middle too, we lack size against the better teams.

The biggest variable is the coach, if he's as good as we hope then play offs shouldn't be beyond us. Look at Peters at Rovers last year, got them top 4 and no one saw that coming plus Rowley at Salford this year. Hopefully Cartwright isn't a dud

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player786No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We won't get anywhere near anything without major investment in the backroom staff, especially the strength and conditioning, hopefully if we do this along with the hull fc training hub being completed it should put us in a better position than we were at the start of last season.

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player99No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 20241 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: mwindass "If we can get a half, Lam or someone of a similar ilk then I can see us getting top 6.

We need some more strike out wide, I'd be amazed if we didn't use a quota player on.

The biggest variable is the coach, if he's as good as we hope then play offs shouldn't be beyond us. Look at Peters at Rovers last year, got them top 4 and no one saw that coming plus Rowley at Salford this year. Hopefully Cartwright isn't a dud'"

You can’t really believe top 6 with the team assembled surely even with Matt Johns in his day or Mikey Lewis would get you top 6??

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2206No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/016.jpg
:simpsons/016.jpg

Quote: Yippee try yay "We won't get anywhere near anything without major investment in the backroom staff, especially the strength and conditioning, hopefully if we do this along with the hull fc training hub being completed it should put us in a better position than we were at the start of last season.'"

I wonder if our poor strength/ conditioning / physio teams puts players off signing for us, it can't just be bad luck that we end up with what feels like the team with most injuries almost every season.It's a short playing career and maybe it makes players think twice about coming to us.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25582No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: mwindass "If we can get a half, Lam or someone of a similar ilk then I can see us getting top 6.

The biggest variable is the coach, if he's as good as we hope then play offs shouldn't be beyond us. Look at Peters at Rovers last year, got them top 4 and no one saw that coming plus Rowley at Salford this year. Hopefully Cartwright isn't a dud'"

Definitely need at least 3 more quality signings.

I am OK with our domestic signings as they improve us and not much out there, but we need better out of quota (don't understand Cust, but Cartwright rates him), the last two spots are key for a half and strike centre, I'd look at Hastings if we fail to get Lam.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17161No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

It's easy to get negative again after displays like yesterday but I think it's important to remember the overall standard in SL is as low as it has even been and we've lost a few games by a try or two which could have easily have gone the other way.

Although I have big question marks over signing Abdull even just his kicking game, conversions and game management might have turned a couple of those losses into wins.

I don't think we'll be in the 6 next year but I'd be happy to reach July/August and still be in the running.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player786No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Steve0 "I wonder if our poor strength/ conditioning / physio teams puts players off signing for us, it can't just be bad luck that we end up with what feels like the team with most injuries almost every season.It's a short playing career and maybe it makes players think twice about coming to us.'"

It's no coincidence that when we were winning things and had a really good team in 16/17 we had very few injuries and a full backroom team and now since covid we've massively had to cut back we seem to be in double figures nearly every week with absentees it needs addressing now we've got some money behind us. I don't blame Pearson if the moneys not there there's nothing he can do and him cutting back so much probably saved the club from doing a Bradford or worse.

Hopefully now players can see we're spending again we'll get the resources in place to get back to the upper end of the table and back in finals which makes recruitment easier.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17161No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: Yippee try yay "It's no coincidence that when we were winning things and had a really good team in 16/17 we had very few injuries and a full backroom team and now since covid we've massively had to cut back we seem to be in double figures nearly every week with absentees it needs addressing now we've got some money behind us. I don't blame Pearson if the moneys not there there's nothing he can do and him cutting back so much probably saved the club from doing a Bradford or worse.

Hopefully now players can see we're spending again we'll get the resources in place to get back to the upper end of the table and back in finals which makes recruitment easier.'"

You also increase the risk signing injured players, the club knew Trueman had big injuries and still went ahead (though had already signed when he limped off a final time for Cas) Sutcliffe also looks somewhat fragile as does Ashworth.

5091 posts in 340 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
5091 posts in 340 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.60595703125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Round 26 Wigan Away
Once were Lo
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC