JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Quote: mwindass "Bet Chris can't wait to hop on here
eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif eusa_wall.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star7709No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Dave K. "You can't even use capital letters and other grannar correctly.

I know get loads of English wrong, but I don't think of myself as a self proclaimed expert in English and pick on other posters despite making multiple errors myself.'"

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8115
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Without wanting to repeat myself but a case of having too.

We are trying to keep this board a good place to come and discuss all things Hull FC and even have some banter along the way. However there has been an increase recently of what can only be described as petty and childish behaviour in a number of post being made. There are better things in life to do than have to trawl through posts to delete/edit where required, and for people who want to use the board for the purpose of RL/Hull FC chat than having to put up with seeing pettiness and name calling between posters. Bans are a last resort but if there is any more of the same from anyone, then bans will start being handed out.

Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to express it regardless of whether you agree or not. If you don’t agree that’s fine but please either show respect to others as you’d expect the same courtesy.

If anyone is unsure or can not comprehend or accept what is or isn’t acceptable in terms of what to post or in terms of behaviour on these boards then be prepared to sit on the sidelines for a period of time.

So please cut out the petty squabbles and stick to and stay on the general topics of the threads. As my Nan said to me years ago ‘If you can’t say anything nice then say nothing’

THIS IS WARNING TO ALL SO NO ONE CAN SAY THEY DIDN'T KNOW.

Please can you think and be respectful to all members who use the Hull FC board and abide by the AUP and posting rules when posting in future, thank you..

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5265No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: DSJ1983 "Just on this they are proactive as a club but they’ve had money pumped into them left right and centre while we’ve been absolutely skint for 5 years. Pearson and Clark have made mistakes over this period and Rovers have got stuff right mostly but the odds are stacked in your favour if you’ve got money.

They’ve simply been lucky that they’ve had people but money in. In a sport like RL with TV and sponsorship deals that don’t even pay the bills it hard to be proactive without one or a number of sugar daddies. Hopefully the Myler appointment might level things up at least a little bit in that respect if 2 and 2 does become 4 and investment comes in from where we think it will. I’m not massively impressed with the recruitment so far TBH but I’ve have been really impressed with how Myler speaks and comes across. I think he’ll get it right especially as he grows into the role.'"

Rover are pretty ruthless with their recruitment, probably comes from Peters, which isn't a bad thing.

They signed Whitbread for this year, which meant moving on Kennedy who still had a year left to run.

You'd imagine the same will happen to Opacic to accommodate Martin.

Myler has had his hands tied, but he's done a good job of creating cap space for Cartwright moving on a few under contract players already

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2208No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/016.jpg
:simpsons/016.jpg

'the game caller' on twitter reckons Sheffield eagles are after Morgan Smith - surely we'd not be looking to let another go this season? But maybe if cust comes in early it's a like for like swap?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5265No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Steve0 "'the game caller' on twitter reckons Sheffield eagles are after Morgan Smith - surely we'd not be looking to let another go this season? But maybe if cust comes in early it's a like for like swap?'"

He's a champ level half. I'd guess it would be for next year. Writing was on the wall for him as soon as we signed Cust.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25629No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Steve0 "'the game caller' on twitter reckons Sheffield eagles are after Morgan Smith - surely we'd not be looking to let another go this season? But maybe if cust comes in early it's a like for like swap?'"

Probably for next season, Sheffield have some issues at the moment, not sure he would go there now and don't see a point in releasing him at this moment

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5265No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Reimis Smith heading for SL. Would guess he'd end up at Catalans with what Steve Mac said earlier

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5265No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

He also said Cator was off to Fev and he's ended up at Toulouse icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2208No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/016.jpg
:simpsons/016.jpg

Quote: mwindass "He also said Cator was off to Fev and he's ended up at Toulouse
Well they both play in blue and white....good move for cator! Hope it works out for him

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player71
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: DSJ1983 "Just on this they are proactive as a club but they’ve had money pumped into them left right and centre while we’ve been absolutely skint for 5 years. Pearson and Clark have made mistakes over this period and Rovers have got stuff right mostly but the odds are stacked in your favour if you’ve got money.

They’ve simply been lucky that they’ve had people but money in. In a sport like RL with TV and sponsorship deals that don’t even pay the bills it hard to be proactive without one or a number of sugar daddies. Hopefully the Myler appointment might level things up at least a little bit in that respect if 2 and 2 does become 4 and investment comes in from where we think it will. I’m not massively impressed with the recruitment so far TBH but I’ve have been really impressed with how Myler speaks and comes across. I think he’ll get it right especially as he grows into the role.'"

come in peace, but on the 'luck' of money coming in is again a bit of a false narrative

James mcnichols dad ran the club and always had roots he just needed a spark to bring him back home

Paul sewell always had ties with the club and sponsored the stadium, got chairman status and found love for the game when he didn't have a clue prior (maybe a bit of luck in that)

Dave k (mr mkm) is pauls right hand man

neil himself was always pumping money in solo

it takes people with the know how to get people to part with money, its very rarely 'luck'

money doesn't win you things like people say it does, yes it gives you a greater edge, but look at warrington... they've had a blank cheque every year and always come up short, salford have had next to nothing and nearly come up trumps, money is 50% of the fight

FC have the money now, they need the know how, i assume a DOR will eventually be involved

RankPostsTeam
New Signing269No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20240 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Theeaststander1 "come in peace, but on the 'luck' of money coming in is again a bit of a false narrative

James mcnichols dad ran the club and always had roots he just needed a spark to bring him back home

Paul sewell always had ties with the club and sponsored the stadium, got chairman status and found love for the game when he didn't have a clue prior (maybe a bit of luck in that)

Dave k (mr mkm) is pauls right hand man

neil himself was always pumping money in solo

it takes people with the know how to get people to part with money, its very rarely 'luck'

money doesn't win you things like people say it does, yes it gives you a greater edge, but look at warrington... they've had a blank cheque every year and always come up short, salford have had next to nothing and nearly come up trumps, money is 50% of the fight

FC have the money now, they need the know how, i assume a DOR will eventually be involved'"

You have people who love the club who are willing to put money in we’ve not had that, like you say maybe not luck entirely but It was more about Hulls situation than Rovers to be honest and our lack of ability to be ‘proactive’ in recent years. We’ve simply not had the money to do the off field stuff Rovers have been doing. That’s not a dig at Rovers, but we’ve been lucky to survive in the circumstances hopefully the ship has steadied now and maybe we can start to be proactive again.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4679No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13804.jpg
"I hope we get to the bottom of the answer":13804.jpg

Finding investors isn't entirely luck as they are investors so if there is an opportunity there and if you can convince them it's worth it for them then well done.
Having people willing to put money in without any expectation of a return because they have some attachment to a club is surely entirely down to luck. Unless of course a club deliberately tries to get rich people or their kids hooked on the game.
There's an idea, free tickets for millionaires!

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player71
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: DSJ1983 "You have people who love the club who are willing to put money in we’ve not had that, like you say maybe not luck entirely but It was more about Hulls situation than Rovers to be honest and our lack of ability to be ‘proactive’ in recent years. We’ve simply not had the money to do the off field stuff Rovers have been doing. That’s not a dig at Rovers, but we’ve been lucky to survive in the circumstances hopefully the ship has steadied now and maybe we can start to be proactive again.'"

hard to disagree, for what its worth i think myler has been the saving grace of FC

5193 posts in 347 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
5193 posts in 347 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.2109375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Halifax A
Bully_Boxer
8m
Swinton v Dons - Sunday 22 September 2024
Kick and cha
8m