JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2023Nov 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17490_1406583406.jpg
First there was wisdom Then there was knowledge Now there is only information:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17490.jpg

Quote: kt170496 "And some people can see things different Mr Allam is a business man he is out to make money if the price was right he would sell Hull City but if the Council was soft enough to have given him the Stadium at a knock down price Mr Allam would be the only one to benefit if he sold Hull City ..He is only in it to make money. Adam Pearson work for the man . The Ambulance Chaser who work on the same committee and has just had a 1 million pound loan was saying nice thing about the man in the HDM .both are going to side with him But we have our own opinions of him .When he stated he would go to Melton then let him we will see how many Hull City supporters go .The last thing you go into a meeting is on the back of a black mail'"

He wont go to Melton. ERYC will never give him planning permission. The residents of Melton and North Ferriby would be up in arms. He can say what he likes but it will never happen.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney1/Dis83.gif
St Helens and Gateshead fan. You're only called FC, because you know football is far more popular. We'll never be mastered...:disney1/Dis83.gif

Quote: kt170496 "And some people can see things different Mr Allam is a business man he is out to make money if the price was right he would sell Hull City but if the Council was soft enough to have given him the Stadium at a knock down price Mr Allam would be the only one to benefit if he sold Hull City ..He is only in it to make money. Adam Pearson work for the man . The Ambulance Chaser who work on the same committee and has just had a 1 million pound loan was saying nice thing about the man in the HDM .both are going to side with him But we have our own opinions of him .When he stated he would go to Melton then let him we will see how many Hull City supporters go .The last thing you go into a meeting is on the back of a black mail'"

I wouldn't totally disagree.

What I would say is that, a businessman with a track record of success should have been offered more respect than to have snidey, disprovable half truths about discussions posted in the media. A more professional way would have been to look for the common ground and work out from there, not start with a swift "no" to an assumption. More faith should have been put in the experts so that clearer offers could be put to politicians. As I keep saying, investors are in short supply in this region, the way this has been handled will only make that worse.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member37704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

Quote: My Uncle Harry "
I wouldn't totally disagree.

What I would say is that, a businessman with a track record of success '"

Ruscador?

Quote: My Uncle Harry "should have been offered more respect than to have snidey, disprovable half truths about discussions posted in the media. A more professional way would have been to look for the common ground and work out from there, not start with a swift "no" to an assumption. More faith should have been put in the experts so that clearer offers could be put to politicians. As I keep saying, investors are in short supply in this region, the way this has been handled will only make that worse.'"

Perhaps Allam could start by keeping his trap shut instead of waffling on about ASBOs, comas etc?

It does seem more than coincidence that whenever he opens his mouth, some idiot speaks

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney1/Dis83.gif
St Helens and Gateshead fan. You're only called FC, because you know football is far more popular. We'll never be mastered...:disney1/Dis83.gif

Quote: cod'ead "Ruscador?

Perhaps Allam could start by keeping his trap shut instead of waffling on about ASBOs, comas etc?

It does seem more than coincidence that whenever he opens his mouth, some idiot speaks'"

I reckon you're right about the asbo comments, but I hardly think a man that can turn less than nothing into £250 million meets the definition of idiot.

The ruscador thing's been covered to bits when he took over the club. The proof of that non-pudding includes local business still having confidence in him. If it's past records being compared, the docks strike did so much to benefit this region didn't they? icon_eek.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach444No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: My Uncle Harry "icon_biggrin.gif The funny thing is, you probably believe that the Boulevard, with no safety certificate on low value land really had increased in value from its previous valuation. to precisely that of their outstanding debt.
Land has never gone down stagnates mutch like your blatherings but never goes down fact

The person shooting there feet of seems to be you or explain why your actuay on this forum

Sport England is the Governent much like one of Alams company's out Melton
are sups of his

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney1/Dis83.gif

Quote: oud3pstander "Land has never gone down stagnates mutch like your blatherings but never goes down fact

The person shooting there feet of seems to be you or explain why your actuay on this forum

Sport England is the Governent much like one of Alams company's out Melton
are sups of his'"

UK land prices fall 33% in one year!(200icon_cool.gif

"Residential development land has dropped by a third in value over the past year. Yorkshire and Humberside have been worst hit by the downturn, with land in all categories now worth about half its value from a year ago. The north-west has also been badly affected, with drops of 41 per cent and 36 per cent for brownfield and greenfield sites. The capital has avoided the full impact, with land prices in inner London falling by just 10 per cent. Outer London areas have fared only marginally worse, with a fall of 15 per cent over the past year."

icon_rolleyes.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach204No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2014Apr 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Roo (Allam)climbed off, and sat down next to him.
"Oo, Tigger, (Pearson)" he said excitedly, "are we at the top?"
"No," said Tigger.(Pearson)
"Are we going to the top?" (Allam)
"No," said Tigger. (Pearson)
"Oh!" said Roo(Allam) rather sadly. And then he went on hopefully: "That was a lovely bit just now, when you pretended we were going to fall-bump-to-the-bottom, and we didn't. Will you do that bit again?"
"NO," said Tigger. (Pearson)

Make Me Laugh......

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member37704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

Quote: Riff "Roo (Allam)climbed off, and sat down next to him.
"Oo, Tigger, (Pearson)" he said excitedly, "are we at the top?"
"No," said Tigger.(Pearson)
"Are we going to the top?" (Allam)
"No," said Tigger. (Pearson)
"Oh!" said Roo(Allam) rather sadly. And then he went on hopefully

If I could find some foil for me crack, I might find it funny too

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1421No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"I've been rich & I've been poor. Rich is better." DLR:

Wasps RU owner about to walk as the council won't back his "sporting village" development...& he's talking about alternative sites for this development...sound familiar?

www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/oc ... evelopment
Wasps RU owner about to walk as the council won't back his "sporting village" development...& he's talking about alternative sites for this development...sound familiar?

www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2011/oc ... evelopment

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1421No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2014Nov 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"I've been rich & I've been poor. Rich is better." DLR:

Quote: oud3pstander "Hull FC where forced to sell the Boulevard at 50% less than valuation to get in the KC'"

Really? How much did Hull sell for? Was this ever revealed? I recall £750k & a "seven figure" amount both being quoted in the local media...& wasn't the Boulevard independently valued at c. £120k?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach444No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Wildmoose "Really? How much did Hull sell for? Was this ever revealed? I recall £750k & a "seven figure" amount both being quoted in the local media...& wasn't the Boulevard independently valued at c. £120k?'"

Your miles out on both figures icon_biggrin.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach444No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2019Oct 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: My Uncle Harry "
UK land prices fall 33% in one year!(200icon_cool.gif

"Residential development land has dropped by a third in value over the past year. Yorkshire and Humberside have been worst hit by the downturn, with land in all categories now worth about half its value from a year ago. The north-west has also been badly affected, with drops of 41 per cent and 36 per cent for brownfield and greenfield sites. The capital has avoided the full impact, with land prices in inner London falling by just 10 per cent. Outer London areas have fared only marginally worse, with a fall of 15 per cent over the past year."

Thats house prices not land .
Thats why they are building on flood planes because its cheapest land much like here

RankPostsTeam
International Chairman1468
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jan 1970Jun 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Given Saint Helens got £3m for the land that Knowsley Road occupied about 3 years ago a 120K valuation for the boulevard just over 10 years ago sounds d040.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney1/Dis83.gif

Quote: oud3pstander "Thats house prices not land .
Thats why they are building on flood planes because its cheapest land much like here'"

There's a bit of a clue in the title and within the text that it's land.There's quite a few articles on the financial pages discussing land being a good investment. Logic of supply and demand really, more people need more space to live and more food to be grown so more market competition.

It's immaterial because it was a building Hull City Council paid far more than an earlier valuation for.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach738No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Feb 2013Feb 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney1/Dis83.gif

Quote: oud3pstander "Your miles out on both figures 5.30810546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Shareholders Meeting
Scarlet Pimp
Recent
Bulls Accounts up to Nov 2023
Blotto
FORUM
LAST