OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Irregular Hoops "It's only a game. Your team lost. Get over it.'"

Is this it.
Is this how you all justify your fans putting racist messages in public forums then posts wishing someone crippled.

We lost a great game. Your players kept going and deserved their reward.
Please don't then let some I'll educated bigots then post racist comments.
Some of you have stood up. Others continue to show incredible ignorance.
Read my posts I've been a constant critic of Cockayne's bigotry since it happened. It's not feigning outrage I find it appalling and dangerous.
Please put club loyalties aside. Some of you have.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1119No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Kosh ""Bombed occasionally"?

F*ck me. You really are an idiot, aren't you?

Go learn some history or - better yet - speak to some of the people who lived through the 'occasional bombing' and/or their families.'"

Our families next door was flattened. Horrific the bombing of Hull.
However it was 'occasional' compared to what the French, Russians ,German Italian, Baltic civilians went through and what the Syrian refugees are fleeing today.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4755
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2418.jpg
:2418.jpg

Quote: Burtons Forearm "Is this it.
Is this how you all justify your fans putting racist messages in public forums then posts wishing someone crippled.

We lost a great game. Your players kept going and deserved their reward.
Please don't then let some I'll educated bigots then post racist comments.
Some of you have stood up. Others continue to show incredible ignorance.
Read my posts I've been a constant critic of Cockayne's bigotry since it happened. It's not feigning outrage I find it appalling and dangerous.
Please put club loyalties aside. Some of you have.'"

Bit like the ignorance you displayed on Second World War history?
Bit like the ignorance displayed regularly via the chants and abuse from your East Stand?

Would you have been as outraged if your excuse of a team had managed not to capitulate yesterday?. I suspect not.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator36786
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6505_1460484023.jpg
[i:10za56ci]Hold on to me baby, his bony hands will do you no harm It said in the cards, we lost our souls to the Nameless One[/i:10za56ci]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6505.jpg

Quote: Burtons Forearm "Our families next door was flattened. Horrific the bombing of Hull.
However it was 'occasional' compared to what the French, Russians ,German Italian, Baltic civilians went through.'"

Still not an excuse for belittling the suffering that occurred here. Two wrongs don't make a right and all that.

BTW - the French are not a race. The comments I edited were xenophobic rather than racist.

And I haven't seen anyone back up either the xenophobia or the injury wish.

If you're referring to the 'surrender monkey' stuff that falls under Anglo-French banter IMO. And given the cowardly actions of Boudebza yesterday (denounced by fellow professionals) it seemed appropriate. Unless you want to justify a blatant dive?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2152
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201015 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2020May 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Burtons Forearm "Wow the abuse I've had pointing out some issues with Mr Pritchard's form on the match thread then you read this and my dislike for Mr Taylor's antics during his career.
This thread is an embarrassment to those of you responsible.
Good on some of you for criticising the racsism and classless bile (even you COYH).
Get your own house in order before you criticise others.
Disgusting thread.
Surrender monkey.......f#ck me.
A guy that size playing this game and someone calls him a coward. He looked real cowardly tackling Pritchard and dropping him 1-1.
Regards the racism. Just some facts. The French fought 2 world wars in their own country while we sat luckily on our island being bombed occasionally.'"

I'm not sure the word fought is appropriate

RankPostsTeam
International Star1119No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Kosh "Still not an excuse for belittling the suffering that occurred here. Two wrongs don't make a right and all that.

BTW - the French are not a race. The comments I edited were xenophobic rather than racist.

And I haven't seen anyone back up either the xenophobia or the injury wish.

If you're referring to the 'surrender monkey' stuff that falls under Anglo-French banter IMO. And given the cowardly actions of Boudebza yesterday (denounced by fellow professionals) it seemed appropriate. Unless you want to justify a blatant dive?'"

I stand corrected on the form of bigotry and abuse it is xenophobic. Equally as dangerous and horrible as racism however.

Constant 'Banter' about the outcome of two industrialised wars on French soil is allowed. The use of the word occasional in reference to the frequency of the bombing of my families home town over a year of 1 of the multiple wars fought on French soil sparks outrage.

It was no belittling. I was raised by people who lived (just) through it. Rather it was a reference to the comparison of the suffering of others (specifically the French but also other nationalities). These others whose suffering we are unaware of or dismiss, often via 'Banter'.

I'll not be lectured on my knowledge of wars by people whose only references appears to be Jeremy Clarkson, the BBC or Nigel Farage.

The moral outrage over diving I don't get either. It's cheating and annoying. Yet we cheer serious attempts at injuring people or triumph the player who tries to injure opponents.
Diving has never crippled anyone.....other behaviours on the sporting field have yet we champion them.

You took some of the offensive post down. I hope that was through moral choice and not your duty as a moderator.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1119No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Tinkerman23 "I'm not sure the word fought is appropriate'"

Welcome aboard Mr Clarkson. Your witty and knowledgeable and original comments are always going to enhance and throw insight on the issue.

The French resistance movement never happened then.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4173
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Are you being serious? that is a disgusting comment. The thousands of civilians that lost their lives weren't lucky. Perhaps you have forgotten what happened to Hull during the War. I suggest you read this;

Hull was the most severely damaged British city or town during the Second World War, with 95 percent of houses damaged. Hull had more than 1,000 hours spent under air raid alerts. Hull was the target of the first daylight raid of the war and the last piloted air raid on Britain.

Of a population of approximately 320,000 at the beginning of the war, approximately 152,000 were made homeless as a result of bomb destruction or damage. Overall almost 1,200 people were killed and 3,000 injured by the air raids.

More than 5,000 houses were destroyed and half of the city centre destroyed. The cost of bomb damage was estimated at £20 million (1952, £513,958,707 as a consumer price equivalent), with 3,000,000 square feet (280,000 m2) of factory space, several oil and flour mills, the Riverside Quay and 27 churches, 14 schools or hospitals, 42 pubs and 8 cinemas ruined; only 6,000 out of the 91,000 houses were undamaged at the end of the war. The extent of the damage was similar to that of the Plymouth Blitz.Despite the damage the port continued to function throughout the war.

There will be people who post on this forum who would have lost relatives during the war. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg
[url=//www.facebook.com/wellsmotors:2svvs5eg][img:2svvs5eg]//i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/wellsy13/Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg[/img:2svvs5eg][/url:2svvs5eg]:8202.jpg

Can we move in from the faux outrage about the fact he is French, the war, etc and get back to the point at hand. Ignoring these idiot comments doesn't mean we justify them, it means we're not 12 and don't want to get into a bickering competition.

It was a cowardly act. Any dive is. And it was a clear dive. Any dive is done to get an opposition player in to trouble and to gain an unfair advantage. That's why it's cowardly.
The rest, including throwing the ball into the melee, was even more cowardly. And incredibly pathetic! He really made himself look a prize prat and I'd be embarrassed if a player on my team did that.

What have Rovers fans got to say on that? Ignore the idiotic comments some have made, or what other players have done in the past, or anything else to deflect from the point. What are your thoughts on his actions?

RankPostsTeam
International Star1119No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

[*]
Quote: Marcus's Bicycle "Are you being serious? that is a disgusting comment. The thousands of civilians that lost their lives weren't lucky. Perhaps you have forgotten what happened to Hull during the War. I suggest you read this;

Hull was the most severely damaged British city or town during the Second World War, with 95 percent of houses damaged. Hull had more than 1,000 hours spent under air raid alerts. Hull was the target of the first daylight raid of the war and the last piloted air raid on Britain.

Of a population of approximately 320,000 at the beginning of the war, approximately 152,000 were made homeless as a result of bomb destruction or damage. Overall almost 1,200 people were killed and 3,000 injured by the air raids.

More than 5,000 houses were destroyed and half of the city centre destroyed. The cost of bomb damage was estimated at £20 million (1952, £513,958,707 as a consumer price equivalent), with 3,000,000 square feet (280,000 m2) of factory space, several oil and flour mills, the Riverside Quay and 27 churches, 14 schools or hospitals, 42 pubs and 8 cinemas ruined; only 6,000 out of the 91,000 houses were undamaged at the end of the war. The extent of the damage was similar to that of the Plymouth Blitz.Despite the damage the port continued to function throughout the war.

There will be people who post on this forum who would have lost relatives during the war. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.'"

Now go educate yourself on French casualties. The damage in St Petersburg Stalingrad, Berlin, the massacre of French Jews, trade unionists French gypsies, the rounding and slaughtering of whole towns and villages around France who showed any resistance to the German occupation.
The destruction of Warsaw and Poland. The 20 MILLION dead Russians, the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Come post some stats on those people and then we can talk from an educated view point on the war and the bravery of the French and other nationalities.
Try opening your other eye....it's enlightening.
Your outrage at my post has little validity without a comparable outpouring to the ridicule (and I have not ridiculed the victims of Hull) of the French victims.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1119No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

[*]
Quote: Wellsy13 "Can we move in from the faux outrage about the fact he is French, the war, etc and get back to the point at hand. Ignoring these idiot comments doesn't mean we justify them, it means we're not 12 and don't want to get into a bickering competition.

It was a cowardly act. Any dive is. And it was a clear dive. Any dive is done to get an opposition player in to trouble and to gain an unfair advantage. That's why it's cowardly.
The rest, including throwing the ball into the melee, was even more cowardly. And incredibly pathetic! He really made himself look a prize prat and I'd be embarrassed if a player on my team did that.

What have Rovers fans got to say on that? Ignore the idiotic comments some have made, or what other players have done in the past, or anything else to deflect from the point. What are your thoughts on his actions?'"

I've posted my view on diving.
The bigger moral picture does bother me. It's of no surprise that it bothers no one else. This is born out throughout history. People ignoring bigger moral issues .it leads to the shovelling of Jewish people into gas ovens and ethnic cleansing of Palestinians and others.
I'm sorry it bores you.
Boudebza embarrasses no one. His bravery in going on the pitch given his stature says enough for me.

Message to the moderator. The title of the thread needs changing. It's of a similar nature to the original post. C#nt fine, reference to an individual. French....maybe not.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1423
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
51233_1315864499.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_51233.gif

Quote: Marcus's Bicycle "Are you being serious? that is a disgusting comment. The thousands of civilians that lost their lives weren't lucky. Perhaps you have forgotten what happened to Hull during the War. I suggest you read this;

There will be people who post on this forum who would have lost relatives during the war. You ought to be ashamed of yourself.'"

Good post and a reminder/education to others what our city endured during the war.

Once in Chants Ave cemetery my Grandma showed me the mass grave of all the people they couldn't identify from the raids.

That generation and their children lived through hell for six years and no comment on here relating to rugby league/(or stupid injury posts), are worthy of comparison.

RankPostsTeam
International Star580
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif
:disney/00035.gif

Quote: Burtons Forearm "Welcome aboard Mr Clarkson. Your witty and knowledgeable and original comments are always going to enhance and throw insight on the issue.

The French resistance movement never happened then.'"

There's a programme on Channel 5 called World War 2 in colour on Saturday evenings. Might have finished now, but probably available on catch up. You ought to watch it. Certainly puts your 'Occasional bombing' theory to the test.
I'm not saying the French didn't fight, far from it, but it may also educate you on who fought the wars in France, and the scale of non-French casualties.
It is certainly worth watching.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4173
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Burtons Forearm "[*]Now go educate yourself on French casualties. The damage in St Petersburg Stalingrad, Berlin, the massacre of French Jews, trade unionists French gypsies, the rounding and slaughtering of whole towns and villages around France who showed any resistance to the German occupation.
The destruction of Warsaw and Poland. The 20 MILLION dead Russians, the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
Come post some stats on those people and then we can talk from an educated view point on the war and the bravery of the French and other nationalities.
Try opening your other eye....it's enlightening.
Your outrage at my post has little validity without a comparable outpouring to the ridicule (and I have not ridiculed the victims of Hull) of the French victims.'"

Don't patronise me I'm well aware of the history of the WW2. In fact I've I have been to Lenningrad not St Petersburg as you incorrectly called it and was moved to tears when I learned about the siege and how they suffered during " The Great Patriotic War" The Soviets in particular suffered appallingly and that should not be forgotten. Nobody is denying that the French and other Countries suffered terrible casualties but to call us "lucky" is crass and insulting. You have made an ass of yourself and I suggest you stop posting before you embarrass yourself further.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1119No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Mar 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Large Paws "There's a programme on Channel 5 called World War 2 in colour on Saturday evenings. Might have finished now, but probably available on catch up. You ought to watch it. Certainly puts your 'Occasional bombing' theory to the test.
I'm not saying the French didn't fight, far from it, but it may also educate you on who fought the wars in France, and the scale of non-French casualties.
It is certainly worth watching.'"

The World at War is better. First hand interviews with all the major protagonists left alive from all sides.
Literature is better I find though.

93 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
93 posts in 7 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.87646484375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Lower Crease
37m
Best Semi
Barstool Pre
47m
Seth Nikotemo
Start@1873
Recent
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
Recent
Film game
Boss Hog
Recent
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
BP1
Recent
Proposed rule changes 2025
tad rhino
Recent
Man of Steel
matt_wire
Recent
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
Recent
Rumours thread
vastman
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
1m
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
1m
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
Barstool Pre
1m
Shopping list for 2025
UllFC
1m
Recruitment rumours and links
MorePlaymake
2m
Season 2024
tomtom84
2m
Man of Steel
matt_wire
2m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
BP1
3m
Film game
Boss Hog
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Best Semi
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Lower Crease
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
tad rhino
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Douglas Blac
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
BP1
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
Barstool Pre
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NickyKiss
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 3,029 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22