JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

Quote: thehullwhitestar "eusa_clap.gif
You wish

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member37704No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2018Aug 2018LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2051.jpg
The older I get, the better I was Advice is what we seek when we already know the answer - but wish we didn't I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full-frontal lobotomy ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ kirkstaller wrote: "All DNA shows is that we have a common creator." cod'ead wrote: "I have just snotted weissbier all over my keyboard & screen" ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ "No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin." - Aneurin Bevan:2051.jpg

Quote: Airlie Street "So much wrong with that it's barely worth a response.

If true the chairmen are to blame too, however I find it highly unlikely they'd turn down cash (numerous offers were on the table) in favour of free advertising, if you think the rfl had nothing to do with it your an idiot. All the stobart deal has done is increase stobart's profile amongst rugby league fans, not rugby league amongst non-fans, the deal has been and was always destined to be a bad decision.

The problem is not that the referee's aren't good enough, they simply have too much to do and can't cope with it. A second referee would half their duties allowing them to focus on one particular aspect of the game. Touch judges or championship referee's would be more than capable of marching the 10 and checking for offside, leaving the main referee (current superleague referee's) to monitor the ruck, this isn't reinventing the wheel, it's already tried and tested.

No obviously not, there will always be wrong/missed calls, that's human nature, what fans want is a reduction in the number of wrong calls and greater consistency across the board. The two ref system has already successfully achieved that. There is no system in sport which can give 100% accuracy with decisions, even hawk eye (cricket/tennis) isn't fully accurate.

Absolute cretin, had you bothered to read the rest of the thread you'd have seen the numerous occasions on which I point out it was FC's fault they lost the game, actually read what's posted before making stuff up.'"

If true?

It's very definitely true, the RFL manage and administer Superleague on behalf of the club chairmen. As I stated and as has been stated long and loud enough on numerous occasions, the decision to go with the Stobart deal was agreed by a majority of SL club chairmen and not, as some seem to believe, mandated by the RFL.

So basically you don't know where these extra officials are going to come from or who will be footing the bill for them?

Thought so

Oh and before you start bandying words like "cretin" around, may I suggest you first look up the dictionary definition and then have a read of the AUP.

RankPostsTeam
International Star325No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201212 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
67604_1341575758.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_67604.jpg

Quote: cod'ead "If true?

It's very definitely true, the RFL manage and administer Superleague on behalf of the club chairmen. As I stated and as has been stated long and loud enough on numerous occasions, the decision to go with the Stobart deal was agreed by a majority of SL club chairmen and not, as some seem to believe, mandated by the RFL.'"

I wasn't doubting what you said, I said if true the chairmen are to blame, it's clearly true, so they are to blame.

Quote: cod'ead "So basically you don't know where these extra officials are going to come from or who will be footing the bill for them?

Thought so'"

I'm pretty sure I addressed the first point, as for money, granted there's none around at the moment, it's not going to be an instant fix. I'm sure the 'professional agency' would be capable of securing some level of funding? Would clubs be willing to contribute? Would fans accept a £1 increase on tickets if that's where the money would be spent? I don't have the answers and have never claimed to, but it's certainly not impossible nor illogical like you seem to think.

Quote: cod'ead "Oh and before you start bandying words like "cretin" around, may I suggest you first look up the dictionary definition and then have a read of the AUP.'"

Okay I apologise if that offended you, I take it there's no forthcoming apology for winging at me for something I never said? In fact something which had you bothered to look is something I share your opinion on.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner10000No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Dec 2020Nov 2020LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8202.jpg
[url=//www.facebook.com/wellsmotors:2svvs5eg][img:2svvs5eg]//i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd30/wellsy13/Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg[/img:2svvs5eg][/url:2svvs5eg]:8202.jpg

Quote: cod'ead "If true?

It's very definitely true, the RFL manage and administer Superleague on behalf of the club chairmen. As I stated and as has been stated long and loud enough on numerous occasions, the decision to go with the Stobart deal was agreed by a majority of SL club chairmen and not, as some seem to believe, mandated by the RFL.'"

Wasn't it a 50/50 vote, with the RFL making the decision by proxy? That's what I read anyway.

Quote: cod'ead "So basically you don't know where these extra officials are going to come from or who will be footing the bill for them?

Thought so'"

Unless you work for the RFL and have access to that kind of information, no-one will truly "know", but this is a discussion forum and people are entitled to discuss ideas. Personally, I think if you make the officials part-time again (as there definitely hasn't been a significant increase in standards to justify the money), that would free up enough to pay a second referee at games.
And he already answered your question about where they'd come from, something I agree with. It's a cop out to use the "not enough referees of standard" argument if the referees are going to be halving the workload. The standard wouldn't need to be as high as they wouldn't have as much to do, so there'd be plenty available.

Quote: cod'ead "Oh and before you start bandying words like "cretin" around, may I suggest you first look up the dictionary definition and then have a read of the AUP.'"

The word has two meanings. Looking at the context, it's pretty obvious what meaning was meant. Wind your neck in.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1173No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

We have a TV pundit here who appears on our major mid-week TV NRL show who said the worst thing that has happened in the game here in recent times has been the introduction of 2 referees and we should go back to one. He is an ex-Australian and NSW Blues player called Mark Geyer. Referees are currently under scrutiny here too especially after State of Origin 1.

RankPostsTeam
International Star5506No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201014 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jun 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
50774_1329287946.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_50774.jpg

Quote: Freddie Miller. "We have a TV pundit here who appears on our major mid-week TV NRL show who said the worst thing that has happened in the game here in recent times has been the introduction of 2 referees and we should go back to one. He is an ex-Australian and NSW Blues player called Mark Geyer. Referees are currently under scrutiny here too especially after State of Origin 1.'"

what's been the general consencus in Oz regarding the Inglis try ? Did the pundits & general public in Oz generally agree or disagree with the decision ?

over here it whipped up a healthy debate on the forums and I think it's fair to say that the majority thought the it was a definite NO try !

RankPostsTeam
International Star6No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2012Aug 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Just been reading what is now my local paper the St. Helens Star. In it there is a piece written by Jon Wilkin talking about the farcical decision to allow Dobsons try. It also says that Ganson asked his touch judge if it was ok and the touch judge said it was.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30102
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Still a c***

RankPostsTeam
International Star1173No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: sanjunien "
Quote: sanjunien "We have a TV pundit here who appears on our major mid-week TV NRL show who said the worst thing that has happened in the game here in recent times has been the introduction of 2 referees and we should go back to one. He is an ex-Australian and NSW Blues player called Mark Geyer. Referees are currently under scrutiny here too especially after State of Origin 1.'"

what's been the general consencus in Oz regarding the Inglis try ? Did the pundits & general public in Oz generally agree or disagree with the decision ?

over here it whipped up a healthy debate on the forums and I think it's fair to say that the majority thought the it was a definite NO try !'"

The majority of the panel on this show said it was a try. The only general Public poll taken a day after the match that I have seen, conducted by a major Sydney newspaper, was 65/35 "no try".( About 1500 respondents).

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22320No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23521.jpg
[quote="Tarquin Fuego":3e09qe5x] I love Jamie and have done since he was 10 years old. [/quote:3e09qe5x] [quote="The Reason":3e09qe5x]Hi Andy The Rugby Football League are in the process of reviewing the video that you are referring to. We do not condone behaviour of this nature and have contacted the player’s employer, Hull F.C., who have confirmed that they are dealing with the incident under their club rules.     Regards,   Matthew[/quote:3e09qe5x]:23521.jpg

Quote: Freddie Miller. "We have a TV pundit here who appears on our major mid-week TV NRL show who said the worst thing that has happened in the game here in recent times has been the introduction of 2 referees and we should go back to one. He is an ex-Australian and NSW Blues player called Mark Geyer. Referees are currently under scrutiny here too especially after State of Origin 1.'"

MG's an idiot, passionate about RL but an idiot.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22320No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23521.jpg
[quote="Tarquin Fuego":3e09qe5x] I love Jamie and have done since he was 10 years old. [/quote:3e09qe5x] [quote="The Reason":3e09qe5x]Hi Andy The Rugby Football League are in the process of reviewing the video that you are referring to. We do not condone behaviour of this nature and have contacted the player’s employer, Hull F.C., who have confirmed that they are dealing with the incident under their club rules.     Regards,   Matthew[/quote:3e09qe5x]:23521.jpg

Quote: Freddie Miller. "The majority of the panel on this show said it was a try. The only general Public poll taken a day after the match that I have seen, conducted by a major Sydney newspaper, was 65/35 "no try".( About 1500 respondents).'"

Harrigan told Trent Barrett that it wasn't a try, then backed his ref's in the press conference.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1173No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Sheldon "Harrigan told Trent Barrett that it wasn't a try, then backed his ref's in the press conference.'"

Who witnessed this conversation between Harrigan and Barrett? Harrigan admits he walked to the car park with Barrett and they discussed aspects of the match but denies saying he told Barrett he thought it was not a try. Barrett said he did, so unless there was a third party present who knows the true facts? Surely your post should have began "Harrigan allegedly told Trent Barrett........."

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22320No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23521.jpg

Quote: Freddie Miller. "Who witnessed this conversation between Harrigan and Barrett? Harrigan admits he walked to the car park with Barrett and they discussed aspects of the match but denies saying he told Barrett he thought it was not a try. Barrett said he did, so unless there was a third party present who knows the true facts? Surely your post should have began "Harrigan allegedly told Trent Barrett........."'"

Well were not in a court of law.

Harrigan's hanging on by his finger nails.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1173No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024May 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Sheldon "MG's an idiot, passionate about RL but an idiot.'"

Unlike you I am not in the habit of calling anyone an idiot but will agree about his passion for RL.Out here in the Penrith area he does massive work for the School and youth teams and is highly commended and respected in this activity. Admittedly he has some controversial views which is probably the reason he is currently on the NRL Fox show. His comment about a return to 1 referee was typical MG and he is in the minute minority I believe!

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach22320No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
May 2024Sep 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
23521.jpg

He jumps on headlines without reading them through.

The games to fast to go back to one ref.

I'm not knocking him on his work with youth and in the community though.

340 posts in 24 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
340 posts in 24 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.76708984375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
The Speculat
9m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
10m