JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200123 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Yes your players gave it a good dig tonight. Very little between the teams.
Neither were impressive and I always thought that there was every chance you might nick it.
You've had injuries in key positions which can badly affect a team.
Respect too for a fans who made the journey over. Coming that distance after 10 losses takes some doing. Credit to all of them.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3679
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/Sid.gif
I have lost interest:fonds blancs/Sid.gif

Len Casey’s prodigy says the season was over after the Wakefield loss
So we had nothing to play for in the last 8-9 games of the season inc Rovers at home

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12097No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bonaire "
You may be a supporter but you are deluded if you think this current squad is good enough even if most of the players are fit.'"

I'm not sure thats true.

This is the same team more or less that were most definately good enough in 2016/17. We have lost 3 key players, but 3 players dont make a team, and whilst Westerman and Faraimo might not quite be in the same class as Ellis and Fonua they are still good players that a lot SL clubs would be interested in if they were available.

In the first half of the year before injuries really bit we were there or there abouts. Lately we have looked sorry for ourselves, desperate to be put out of our misery. I think its been more an attitude/motivational issue than a quality one. Connor coming back immediately seemed to give us a bit of fight again.

There are things we need to do differently, and there are players in the squad that for various reasons aren't up to it imo, but when fit I still think we can put out a 17 that is up there in the top 3 or 4 teams on paper, and Connor, Taylor and Kelly would be stars for any team in the league, and plenty of NRL ones too. Its not a squad of duds. I am willing to give us the benefit of the doubt, but I expect us to set off like a train next season. If we aren't top 5 by Easter then I think it will be time to call it a day with Radford and find someone who can push us on.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3679
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/Sid.gif

Think Patriots with no Brady , Edelman and Butler
We no longer have Ellis Watts and Fonua
We have not come close to replacing them

The coach has no X factor to help their abscence like Belichick

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12730
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Tarquin Fuego "Think Patriots with no Brady , Edelman and Butler
We no longer have Ellis Watts and Fonua
We have not come close to replacing them

The coach has no X factor to help their abscence like Belichick'"

Who would you like to see as Radfords replacement?
Try giving us a sensible alternative?

RankPostsTeam
International Star7722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mr. Zucchini Head "I'm not sure thats true.

This is the same team more or less that were most definately good enough in 2016/17. We have lost 3 key players, but 3 players dont make a team, and whilst Westerman and Faraimo might not quite be in the same class as Ellis and Fonua they are still good players that a lot SL clubs would be interested in if they were available.

In the first half of the year before injuries really bit we were there or there abouts. Lately we have looked sorry for ourselves, desperate to be put out of our misery. I think its been more an attitude/motivational issue than a quality one. Connor coming back immediately seemed to give us a bit of fight again.

There are things we need to do differently, and there are players in the squad that for various reasons aren't up to it imo, but when fit I still think we can put out a 17 that is up there in the top 3 or 4 teams on paper, and Connor, Taylor and Kelly would be stars for any team in the league, and plenty of NRL ones too. Its not a squad of duds. I am willing to give us the benefit of the doubt, but I expect us to set off like a train next season. If we aren't top 5 by Easter then I think it will be time to call it a day with Radford and find someone who can push us on.'"

Good sensible post, its a pity we dont have more like this instead of some screaming babies who dont like any form of criticism of the players.
My view is based on not replacing probably our best front row in Liam Watts and being too dependent on two players Kelly and Connor.
We are also desperately in need of some pace in the backs and if we dont sign a new Super League quality wing/centre for next season then i would play Miloudi in place of Talanoa.Its not ideal as both are useless defenders but Miloudi gives us more pace and is difficult to tackle when going forward.
I like the way the club have signed two very good 18 year old pacy wings and the young props.To think we have a 19 yearold ,20 year old and Masi who is 21 who should all be playing reserve rugby next season is good for the future of the club but my post referred to next season.
People forget that other teams are strengthening and refreshing their squads for next season and i think 2019 will be a lot more competitive as Salford,Wakefield,Leeds and Catalan will come into the mix thats why unless we add a quality Front row,second row and back into the first team squad
and some new ideas introduced into our playing style by the coaching staff then i will stick with my opinion.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12097No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bonaire "Good sensible post, its a pity we dont have more like this instead of some screaming babies who dont like any form of criticism of the players.
My view is based on not replacing probably our best front row in Liam Watts and being too dependent on two players Kelly and Connor.
We are also desperately in need of some pace in the backs and if we dont sign a new Super League quality wing/centre for next season then i would play Miloudi in place of Talanoa.Its not ideal as both are useless defenders but Miloudi gives us more pace and is difficult to tackle when going forward.
I like the way the club have signed two very good 18 year old pacy wings and the young props.To think we have a 19 yearold ,20 year old and Masi who is 21 who should all be playing reserve rugby next season is good for the future of the club but my post referred to next season.
People forget that other teams are strengthening and refreshing their squads for next season and i think 2019 will be a lot more competitive as Salford,Wakefield,Leeds and Catalan will come into the mix thats why unless we add a quality Front row,second row and back into the first team squad
and some new ideas introduced into our playing style by the coaching staff then i will stick with my opinion.'"

My personal preference for the backs is Connor to FB and Shaul to the wing, but that arguement has already been done.

The pack is undoubtedly the area of concern, but I am actually more worried about the second row. In the front row we have obviously missed Watts, and Paea has been really disappointing imo, but we have Bowden to come back and hopefully Green can get an injury free run. Masi is improving all the time, Bienik looks like he has something to offer, and we have Nzoungou to put pressure on the other aswell. Its not a bad front row rotation if they are all available.

Back row is different. I have always liked Westerman and think he has often got unfair stick, but the others look underwhelming. Hopefully Manu can rediscover his 2017 form, but Mini and Washbrook just arent good enough any more, and I cant be the only one who just doesnt see it with Hadley? Tbh I think he is an average plodder. A work horse and a good pro, but a squad player at best. There is not an ounce of dynamism in that back row. Who is going to run those wide channels and cause problems for defences? Lane is possibly our most promising youngster, but he is at least a couple of years away from being at that level. I dont know anything about this guy from Oldham. Perhaps Griffin can step up and solve this problem, but whilst he is a strong enough ball carrier, I'm not sure he quite has the temperament.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach3378
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2023Jul 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11213.gif
:11213.gif

Quote: bonaire "Good sensible post, its a pity we dont have more like this instead of some screaming babies who dont like any form of criticism of the players.
and some new ideas introduced into our playing style by the coaching staff then i will stick with my opinion.'"

So, "Did they give it a good dig (last night) or not?"

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3679
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/Sid.gif

Adam O’Brien - just left Storm afte 11 years and was asst coach
Surely he would be the one
Justin Morgan ?
Des Hasler ?
Ivan Cleary ?
There’s 4 I can think of

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12730
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Trarquin Fuego"]Adam O’Brien - just left Storm afte 11 years and was asst coach
Justin Morgan ?
Des Hasler ?
Ivan Cleary ?
There’s 4 I can think of'"
]

Everything in life is a gamble dear boy.
AP rolled the dice with Radford and we got the chance to sing and dance and laugh and cry.
Let's all hope we get the chance to do likewise when them dice are ready to be rolled again.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3679
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/Sid.gif

Quote: WIZEB "Trarquin Fuego"]Adam O’Brien - just left Storm afte 11 years and was asst coach
Justin Morgan ?
Des Hasler ?
Ivan Cleary ?
There’s 4 I can think of'"

Everything in life is a gamble dear boy.
AP rolled the dice with Radford and we got the chance to sing and dance and laugh and cry.
Let's all hope we get the chance to do likewise when them dice are ready to be rolled again.'"
]W

I love waxing lyrical

Beautiful spring evening here

Storm to win and a massive sausage down my throat at half time

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12730
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: "Storm to win and a massive sausage down my throat at half time'"

eusa_hand.gif
Keep your sexual preferences to yourself. icon_biggrin.gif

Looking forward to the game.
Think the Storm will have to much, but all will be revealed.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2417
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59871_1384965068.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59871.gif

Quote: Tarquin Fuego "Everything in life is a gamble dear boy.
Let's all hope we get the chance to do likewise when them dice are ready to be rolled again.'"
W

I love waxing lyrical

Beautiful spring evening here

Storm to win and a massive sausage down my throat at half time'"
]
So that’s the friendship with Cam and Bellamy cleared up icon_eek.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3679
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
fonds blancs/Sid.gif

Cronk is nothing more than the waterboy
It’s a shocker so far

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12730
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Tarquin Fuego "Cronk is nothing more than the waterboy
It’s a shocker so far'"

A miracle to win this now.
Been totally bossed.

Good to see Fitz playing his part in the Roosters victory as assistant coach.
Must be ready for a move up to number one shortly. icon_biggrin.gif

47 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
47 posts in 4 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.244140625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
karetaker
7m
Proposed rule changes 2025
leeds owl
9m