OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43540.jpg
:43540.jpg

Quote: Standee "why, he's quite right.'"

Sadly he is in many ways and that is why there must be an inqiury into the Crusaders.

Saying that the games at Wakefield and yesterday have seen the passion of the Crusaders fans win over alot of people and hopefully a new club will happen and the bad taste left over by the RFL and Moss and Roberts motives will be put in the past and a fans run club developing local talent on a reasonable budget will happen and the good will that the last few weeks has seen both inside and outside the Principality will not have gone to waste.

Fair play to you lot for making a great day even more special.

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner37503
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: espanyolswan "Sadly he is in many ways and that is why there must be an inqiury into the Crusaders.

Saying that the games at Wakefield and yesterday have seen the passion of the Crusaders fans win over alot of people and hopefully a new club will happen and the bad taste left over by the RFL and Moss and Roberts motives will be put in the past and a fans run club developing local talent on a reasonable budget will happen and the good will that the last few weeks has seen both inside and outside the Principality will not have gone to waste.

Fair play to you lot for making a great day even more special.

I do feel for the Crusaders fans, but once the franchise was moved to Wrexham the writing was on the wall, hopefully a championship side can be established and can grow it's supporter base in the normal way. Only RL could be so arrogant as to think it can create it's own market by falsely parachuting a team into it's top flight, Catalan had a strong local following and a good regional base, and they have taken quite some time to finally find their feet, Wales will do the same, in time, but I do personally believe it needs to be South Wales based to get a meaningful club going.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Kosh "And therein lies part of your problem.'"

I'm sure you can point out where I've derailed it for me , so I dont do it again

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5032No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43540.jpg

Quote: Standee "I do feel for the Crusaders fans, but once the franchise was moved to Wrexham the writing was on the wall, hopefully a championship side can be established and can grow it's supporter base in the normal way. Only RL could be so arrogant as to think it can create it's own market by falsely parachuting a team into it's top flight, Catalan had a strong local following and a good regional base, and they have taken quite some time to finally find their feet, Wales will do the same, in time, but I do personally believe it needs to be South Wales based to get a meaningful club going.'"

There is far more potential in North Wales to develop RL especially in terms of finding talent who want to play League rather than in the South where players will be RU converts. I guess at the end of the day it might not matter too much but if the 8 and 9 year olds being introduced to the game now are the North Wales Nomads or whatever a future team may be called fans of the future there is the potential to find a level and see where it leads from there.

Leave the Scorpions doing what they are doing and hopefully getting better year on year to mount a promotion push one year soon and with Crusaders already having a fan base a new outfit can build on the Championship seems the only logical place to start.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator36786
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024May 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
6505_1460484023.jpg
[i:10za56ci]Hold on to me baby, his bony hands will do you no harm It said in the cards, we lost our souls to the Nameless One[/i:10za56ci]:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_6505.jpg

Quote: Standee "&quot;Kosh&quot; wrote
Where have I said that he's wrong?

I wanted to avoid this thread turning into an argument on the rights and wrongs of the whole Crusaders project as that clearly wasn't what the OP intended it to be about. That discussion has been done to death and the best place for it is the VT or Crusaders forum anyway - in fact there are two threads on the VT right now where that is happening.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner33944No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2016Mar 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9005.jpg
kcab sfrawdder Luck is a combination of preparation and opportunity Just to avoid confusion Starbug is the username of Steven Pike SOMEBODY SAID that it couldn’t be done But he with a chuckle replied That “maybe it couldn’t,” but he would be one Who wouldn’t say so till he’d tried. So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin On his face. If he worried he hid it. He started to sing as he tackled the thing That couldn’t be done, and he did it!:9005.jpg

Quote: Kosh "Where have I said that he's wrong?

I wanted to avoid this thread turning into an argument on the rights and wrongs of the whole Crusaders project as that clearly wasn't what the OP intended it to be about. That discussion has been done to death and the best place for it is the VT or Crusaders forum anyway - in fact there are two threads on the VT right now where that is happening.'"

I'll leave it alone , most of the meat has gone now anyway

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach103No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2016Jan 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I must admit that on travelling across to wrexham yesterday i wasn't bothered about the crusaders one bit, my thoughts were just on hull getting the 2 points, however as the game went on and the points were in the bag well before the end i did start to feel for the crusaders supporters and players (well most of them!!) and the scenes after the game were special. Not sure the hull fans would have been so charitable had we lost mind but that could be just me being a bad losing get!!. Haven't got a clue what the future holds for the game in wales but if it does somehow carry on there are obviously issues that need sorting next time round.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5032No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2018Apr 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
43540.jpg

Quote: ullukk "I must admit that on travelling across to wrexham yesterday i wasn't bothered about the crusaders one bit, my thoughts were just on hull getting the 2 points, however as the game went on and the points were in the bag well before the end i did start to feel for the crusaders supporters and players (well most of them!!) and the scenes after the game were special. Not sure the hull fans would have been so charitable had we lost mind but that could be just me being a bad losing get!!. Haven't got a clue what the future holds for the game in wales but if it does somehow carry on there are obviously issues that need sorting next time round.'"

To be fair to your fans they were superb and full of good wishes and interest in what happens next to Cru before the game and good on them for that.

RankPostsTeam
International Star507No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2012Jul 2012LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
58058_1310484944.jpg
Love my Rugby League. The game will survive in North Wales. Too much work and effort has been put in, to let it go to waste. We have an appetite for this sport and we'll make it work. You're likely to see me in a Crusaders shirt, in a Warrington game or a Catalans game. Follow me on twitter, @GouldyCrusader:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_58058.jpg

Yesterdays events just sums up what a fantastic sport Rugby League is. I've heard so many different clubs giving you supporters and your club flack, but as far as I'm concerned, thats nonsense! We've always been made welcome up at the KC and your fans yesterday were just tremendous. Easily the best supporters in Super League, with Huddersfield and Quins shortly behind.

Although it was a very sad and emotional day, it showed me, as it has all season, that Rugby League is wanted in North Wales and we're all up for the task ahead.

So much has gone on at grassroots level and in development, Rugby League has a strong future in North Wales.

I'll happily come and watch you guys in the play-offs, either at the KC or an away fixture, I'll be there!

Thanks guys, you made the day one to remember.

eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif eusa_clap.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach4381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
41353_1310121834.jpg
Never mind the bollox,bring on the rugby::d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_41353.jpg

Quote: FC Wembley 08 "Yer... He's our usual 'chant starter'
He stunk the bus out on the way home though!!!! icon_evil.gif icon_moon.gif icon_wink.gif icon_wink.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach378No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2013Oct 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46820_1342134244.gif
"You Can't Hug A Memory" - Pete Wylie (Justice Tonight Band):d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_46820.gif

Quote: FC Wembley 08 "Here goes then....

rlhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v'"

Thank you for sharing that, what a special moment for RL community spirit icon_thumb.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8546No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2024Mar 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
17507_1286953982.jpg
Know your Enemy:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_17507.jpg

I'd just like to say that I started this thread to say how great day it was yesterday. Once in a lifetime moment for all there, as it won't happen again (with Crusaders). Fc won't have the chance to be at a last home game for a club for a long time I would think. This was about everyone "enjoying" the occasion and it being something very very special. Anyone there would echo it. Everything else was irrelevant. It was about yesterday.
For the first time in a while, I was utterly proud to be a part, and fan of FC.
All the best to those loyal crusaders fans.

RankPostsTeam
International Star19No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2011Sep 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It was a very special end to a sad day. The Hull fans were amazing . I thought I was handling it very well til you starting singing Cru Cru Crusaders, then it got to me. It was something I'll never forget. And all the players came back to the pub after the game and it was just a special night. Singing and trying to enjoy what we have had. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. What your fans did was just brilliant.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner2100No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2021Nov 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8079.jpg
:8079.jpg

Felt really sorry for them, but at the end of the day it takes more than 2000 people to keep a SL club going.

That's not the fault of those passionate fans, but perhaps of the RL for selling them an impossible dream. They deserved much better than this.

At the end of the day, the RL has got to stop ploughing money into doomed expansion projects. NOT ONE of them has worked.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner37503
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2015Oct 2014LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: TrevLovesJanice "At the end of the day, the RL has got to stop ploughing money into doomed expansion projects. NOT ONE of them has worked.'"

Catalans?

62 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
62 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.2490234375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Todays match v Saints
The Speculat
7m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
8m