JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Quote: Magic Superbeetle "
Quote: Magic Superbeetle "Imagine if none of that happened though & he was just picking up a player he knew was play acting for the penalty.'"

Who is he to decide who is play acting? What if Ben Flower decided Lance Hohaia was play acting after the first punch?

Any defence of a player having any interaction on the floor is nonsense. We cant scream player welfare and then say "oh but it might be okay if the player wasnt injured" - go to the ref and say theres nothing wrong with him - get your own teams doctor on and involved to prove theres nothing wrong, don't get involved yourself.'"

Not the best example to use.

I think had it been a hard collision and possible head, neck or spinal issue then fine I can understand the repercussions of trying to get a player up but I think Gale will have known how much contact there was. I think Gale was wrong to try and lift Lomax up but the argument that he could have been seriously injured is a mute one and the fact once Gale was carded Lomax then stopped hobbling almost immediately and saw out the game on the field.

Think the RFL actually face a dilemma here due to the incidents and inconsistencies from the officials in that game and the level of gamesmanship particularly from Welsby who clearly played for a penalty by doing what he did by putting himself to the ground head first to con the ref. He isn't a daft lad I'm sure and he'd be aware if an opposing player was adjudged to have caused it in the tackle they'd have been carded. Again as soon as Kendall blew his whistle his holding of his neck immediately stopped and he jumped straight up. If the RFL want to stamp out foul play then it has to be all foul play both physical and gamesmanship because currently the path they are on by clamping down to severely just invites more housery play in terms of conning refs like Welsby did which will eventually kill the game.

For me Gale should get a 3 game ban and severe warning for his future conduct but also the incident involving Welsby should result in a 1 game ban for unsporting conduct as a message to say this type of action by players will not be tolerated in the game.

But knowing the RFL they will just consistently be inconsistent and to the continued detriment to the game.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8127
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Quote: Dave K. "Let's hope we learn and stop doing stupid things. If Gale hadn't gone charging in with his studs none of this would have happened.

We have to start using our brains, the scrum penalty was another example, the reason we got penalized is that the players didn't know we had a scrum, how didn't they know we had a scrum???? Meant they has to rush and didn't have time to pack down. Reynolds playing the ball sidewards too.'"

Why though did Kendall not just ask the players to reset the scrum as Walmsley was still stood upright in the scrum so neither side were in the scrum correctly. Its just a bit of common sense from the man in the middle needed.

ccs
RankPostsTeam
International Star5318
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Is Hodgson the new Griffin, or is it all about pace?:

Quote: Chris71 "Why though did Kendall not just ask the players to reset the scrum as Walmsley was still stood upright in the scrum so neither side were in the scrum correctly. Its just a bit of common sense from the man in the middle needed.'"

Saints told him it was a penalty to them.

It's strange, really, RU spend 10 minutes getting a scrum to form correctly and then give a penalty.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5214No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27476.gif
:CROWN: I am the hash browns of rlfans :CROWN::27476.gif

Quote: Chris71 "Not the best example to use.

I think had it been a hard collision and possible head, neck or spinal issue then fine I can understand the repercussions of trying to get a player up but I think Gale will have known how much contact there was. I think Gale was wrong to try and lift Lomax up but the argument that he could have been seriously injured is a mute one and the fact once Gale was carded Lomax then stopped hobbling almost immediately and saw out the game on the field.
'"

Sorry no he didn't - Lomax missed the first 15 minutes of the second half getting stitched up - and I don't know how many times you rewatched the game, but he wasn't moving freely after that moment - Dodd did significantly more of the kicking compared to last week, and most of the play went through Welsby. So this myth that "Lomax was fine" is just that, a myth.

Further to claim its a mute point that Lomax could have been seriously injured means its also a mute point if Lomax wasnt seriously injured (aka "play acting"icon_wink.gif - which was my whole point - at that moment in time Gale could have done lots of things but picking up Lomax wasnt one of them.

Quote: Chris71 "
Think the RFL actually face a dilemma here due to the incidents and inconsistencies from the officials in that game and the level of gamesmanship particularly from Welsby who clearly played for a penalty by doing what he did by putting himself to the ground head first to con the ref. He isn't a daft lad I'm sure and he'd be aware if an opposing player was adjudged to have caused it in the tackle they'd have been carded. Again as soon as Kendall blew his whistle his holding of his neck immediately stopped and he jumped straight up. If the RFL want to stamp out foul play then it has to be all foul play both physical and gamesmanship because currently the path they are on by clamping down to severely just invites more housery play in terms of conning refs like Welsby did which will eventually kill the game.
'"

To me Welsby stopped holding his head as the Hull player got off him but hey ho, you see what you see right. The lawsuit against the RFL will do significantly more in "killing the game" then any perceived player indiscretions on the pitch, we have to protect players head and neck - and like it or not, thats where Welsby ended up. Welsby twisting in the tackle definitely contributed to him going to ground, and I dont think it was a bad one - but the thought Welsby decided to spear tackle himself to get a penalty is a biased perception. Much like booing Saints players for being late on the kicker ... when they were making contact wasnt late and in fact the ball was still in the players hand.

Quote: Chris71 "
For me Gale should get a 3 game ban and severe warning for his future conduct but also the incident involving Welsby should result in a 1 game ban for unsporting conduct as a message to say this type of action by players will not be tolerated in the game.

But knowing the RFL they will just consistently be inconsistent and to the continued detriment to the game.'"

You are presupposing your version of events is the correct one, and you cant have it both ways - you cant say "Gale should be warned for his unsporting conduct" and Welsby "should get a ban for his unsporting conduct" even though one has been deemed by the RFL who are somewhat more neutral than both of us on the matter, and one has not. You are asking for inconsistency, whilst complaining about inconsistency...

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach6767No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200717 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Apr 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG
The new young dynasty of super saints is coming to a ground near you. Welsby-Dodd-Simms-Eaves-Rizzelli, not Eastmond...the future is coming.:Dwarfs, Gnomes, Halflings/GNOME2.JPG

Quote: K-Diddy "Imagine if none of that happened though & he was just picking up a player he knew was play acting for the penalty.'"

Then that would be an infringement on a player, it’s up to the referee or the touch judges to decide. Can you imagine if that was allowed you wouldn’t. get a game of rugby league at all. New rules are in place for players faking injuries and it’s not given to an opposition player to execute.

Indiscipline comes in two forms by infringement or foul play, the latter will be costly this season, some coaches, players and fans have not took that on board yet and hence the crying wolf.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach4685No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
13804.jpg
"I hope we get to the bottom of the answer":13804.jpg

With regards the picking up of Lomax, I actually don't have much of a problem with that ban. In this instance it was a bit of a nothing incident but the fact touching an injured player (however injured you deem them to be is irrelevant) is an automatic grade C leads to the consistency we all want. Everyone knows where they stand.
We can't have it both ways.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8127
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg

Quote: Magic Superbeetle "Sorry no he didn't - Lomax missed the first 15 minutes of the second half getting stitched up - and I don't know how many times you rewatched the game, but he wasn't moving freely after that moment - Dodd did significantly more of the kicking compared to last week, and most of the play went through Welsby. So this myth that "Lomax was fine" is just that, a myth.

Further to claim its a mute point that Lomax could have been seriously injured means its also a mute point if Lomax wasnt seriously injured (aka "play acting"icon_wink.gif - which was my whole point - at that moment in time Gale could have done lots of things but picking up Lomax wasnt one of them.

To me Welsby stopped holding his head as the Hull player got off him but hey ho, you see what you see right. The lawsuit against the RFL will do significantly more in "killing the game" then any perceived player indiscretions on the pitch, we have to protect players head and neck - and like it or not, thats where Welsby ended up. Welsby twisting in the tackle definitely contributed to him going to ground, and I dont think it was a bad one - but the thought Welsby decided to spear tackle himself to get a penalty is a biased perception. Much like booing Saints players for being late on the kicker ... when they were making contact wasnt late and in fact the ball was still in the players hand.

You are presupposing your version of events is the correct one, and you cant have it both ways - you cant say "Gale should be warned for his unsporting conduct" and Welsby "should get a ban for his unsporting conduct" even though one has been deemed by the RFL who are somewhat more neutral than both of us on the matter, and one has not. You are asking for inconsistency, whilst complaining about inconsistency...'"

You don't deny Lomax carried on playing the rest of the half and saw out the game on the field of play? I didn't need to rewatch the game as was there & saw Lomax hobble then once play got underway was movng no differently than before and he saw out the half.

I'm presupposing anything and I'm not asking for it both ways as I stated Gale should not have tried to lift Lomax up end of. I think Gale should get a ban for a misjudged charge down that made contact with the players follow through and attempting to lift Lomax needs to be dealt with but not sure it deserves more than 3 possibly 4 games in total for the offences. The RFL have deemed it a deliberate act, of what though? Deliberate act to charge down the ball and kicker, yes very likely due to the action he made, deliberate attempt to cause injury, I very much doubt it.
As for you saying Welsby twisted in the tackle? he simply lifted his own standing leg resulting in him going down and landing on his shoulder which he then portrayed as neck injury to the ref by holding his neck to then spring back up as soon as Kendall blew his whistle. It was never a penalty yet due to Welsbys gamesmanship he not only conned a penalty but resulted in seeing a fellow player carded.

I am not asking for inconsistency at all but players that are using poor sporting conduct by using foul means in a physical aspect is no more a penalty than players diving or trying to con officials such as Gaskill last seasonwhich was clear for all to see.

I whole heartedly agree that players need protection but the road the RFL seem to be heading down is inviting players to con officials. I am not pointing Welsby out as the only one but it was in the recent game but how many players over the past season or two have held the back of their necks after a tackle when the officials were hot on the crusher tackle? There were quite a few who pushed the boundary of sporting conduct by milking it which resulted in a number of players being carded.

ccs
RankPostsTeam
International Star5318
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Is Hodgson the new Griffin, or is it all about pace?:

Quote: scarrie "With regards the picking up of Lomax, I actually don't have much of a problem with that ban. In this instance it was a bit of a nothing incident but the fact touching an injured player (however injured you deem them to be is irrelevant) is an automatic grade C leads to the consistency we all want. Everyone knows where they stand.
We can't have it both ways.'"

... it's one of these arbitrary sanctions in the operational rules, graded A to F, but not specifically mentioned.

"Behaves in any way contrary to the true spirit of the game (includes Dangerous Contact) – Other contrary behaviour"

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25663No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

It was dumb to go in with the studs and pick up a potentially injured player. Deserves a ban, but 2 maybe 3 matches would be enough.

7/8 is unbelievably harsh, but it's what is it and we have get on with it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5214No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27476.gif

Quote: scarrie "With regards the picking up of Lomax, I actually don't have much of a problem with that ban. In this instance it was a bit of a nothing incident but the fact touching an injured player (however injured you deem them to be is irrelevant) is an automatic grade C leads to the consistency we all want. Everyone knows where they stand.
We can't have it both ways.'"

Levi got 2 games (grade C but no history) for touching the player after a crusher tackle - so consistent icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5288No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire here but Gale has been given a 3 match ban for picking up and injured opponent, Levi for Hudds has been given 2 for the same offence.

Disaplinary notes are exactly the same. Same grade but different match bans.

Does the disaplinary need to be more transparent when coming to their conclusions?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5214No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
27476.gif

Quote: mwindass "I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire here but Gale has been given a 3 match ban for picking up and injured opponent, Levi for Hudds has been given 2 for the same offence.

Does the disaplinary need to be more transparent when coming to their conclusions?'"

Grade C is 2-3 games depending on whether you have any previous offences in the last 12 months.
Grade A is 0-1 games which is why Austin (who was previously cited in the last 12 months) got 1 game, and Hurrell got 0 games.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator11184
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2332_1524951567.jpg
:DAISY: [size=100:2fjo96hf][i:2fjo96hf]Black 'n' White's Best Female 2006 & Runner Up 2007 & 2008[/i:2fjo96hf][/size:2fjo96hf] :DAISY: "We will not accept a top eight finish as a barometer of supposed success at any point in the future whilst I am the owner of this club", A Pearson 23/09/2011:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_2332.jpg

Quote: mwindass "I'm not trying to add fuel to the fire here but Gale has been given a 3 match ban for picking up and injured opponent, Levi for Hudds has been given 2 for the same offence.

Does the disaplinary need to be more transparent when coming to their conclusions?'"

Levi doesn't pick him up, he slightly drags at the collar, he also doesn't square up to the trainer. Not sure, but he might not have any previous either which Gale does which adds a match onto it too.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5288No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Fair enough. I'm not sticking up for Gale, it was dumb and he's probably doubled his suspension now.

Just looking at the notes one got 2 and the other got 3 games for the same grade/charge

Like Dave K has said we're going to have to lump it.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5288No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

351 posts in 24 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
351 posts in 24 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

2.53955078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Film game
hatty
14m
Squads - Leopards v Warriors
Vancouver Le
17m
Tonights match v HKR
Bobby Digita
23m
TV Games - Not Hull
ComeOnYouUll
50m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Call for funds
the fax in a
37s
Rumours thread
PopTart
43s
Tonights match v HKR
Bobby Digita
45s
Worst semi
lefty goldbl
47s
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
49s
Vancouver Le
1m
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
1m
Fev H Play Off
Rafa9
1m
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
Mr Snoodle
1m
Coach of the Year
Howfenwire
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Who do you want to win the Grand Final
Mr Snoodle
TODAY
Worst semi
lefty goldbl
TODAY
2025 TRANSFER AND RETENTION RUMOURS
Listenup94
TODAY
Sam Burgess
Wires71
TODAY
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fightback To Secure Grand Final Spot
RLFANS News
TODAY
Squad 2025
Nat (Rugby_A
TODAY
Tonights match v HKR
Bobby Digita
TODAY
Isa 1 year extension
Cherry_Warri
TODAY
2024 IMG gradings
northernblok
TODAY
Championship Awards
Butcher
TODAY
Season tickets
terry silver
TODAY
Best Semi
sir adrian m
TODAY
Ben Condon is a Leopard
Jack Gaskell
TODAY
Vancouver Le
TODAY
Any decent RL reads for me hols
norbellini
TODAY
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
TODAY
Man of Steel
matt_wire
TODAY
Guest appearance
AgbriggAmble
TODAY
Squad for HKR
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Rafa9
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
BarnsleyGull
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Howfenwire
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
rubber ducki
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Hull KR Survive Warrington Fig..
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.64M 2,733 ↑10580,13114,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TODAY
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 TOMORROW
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Fri 4th Oct
SL 29 Hull KR10-8Warrington
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Hull KR 28 729 335 394 44
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 29 769 351 418 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22