JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Jake the Peg "It's up to the club and players to change the narrative on the field. The signings are erratic. Older players, injury prone players, unknown players from overseas. How do you expect any reasonable person to be optimistic about that? Recruitment is worse than some recent seasons where we've been dire so no reason at this stage to expect anything different.

We can all be blindly optimistic but some choose the more sane route of realism'"

In my opinion the recruitment this year has already felt much more considered and I can see a clear plan. But you are one of the posters that scoffs at that opinion and then gets all uppity if someone disagrees and calls you out on your opinion. Some of our best players (not all granted) of recent years have been diamonds hiding amongst the rough… some wrote off before even playing for us… maybe give the signings a chance before writing them off eh?

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8130
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Whilst I can’t say I’m particularly over enamoured, it been a case of closing the door after the horse had bolted.
The damage started in late 2018 and has continued in successive seasons culminating in us reaching the lowest point in the clubs SL history under Smith.
By the time Smith & Gene were removed from their posts the squad was an absolute dogs dinner.
By the time Myler came in, he effectively had not just one arm tied behind his back but 2. He has had to not only stop the rot, find a top coach who not only wants the job but has the credentials to do it, but also unpick the mess in terms of the recruitment with the squad and badly managed salary cap.
To do this prior to any players of note still being on the market will have been a tough gig but to have to do it without a head coach in place initially and the better players that were available securing deals before we could do anything of note makes it a mountain of a task. I would probably hazard a guess that the length of deals are a measured trade off due to the clubs/cartwrights requirement to live close to the club along with the money offered.
I’d say rather than knee jerk and panic signings it’s being opposite and maybe a little too patient/measured in the terms of thought.
We can all be critical sat here on the outside but I don’t think any of us can truly understand the task in hand.
We needed a complete rebuild not just a couple of player here and there and this is getting done and it isn’t going to be completed in time for the start of 2025. It was always going to take at least 2 off seasons. Have we ever known so many new signings or quota players being loaned out and/or released early from deals?
I do hope we have a couple of top quality players to come in which will supplement the current recruitment done along with the development of the youth coming through.

I think Myler has and is under no illusions in the role he’s taken on and certainly understands the importance of getting it right this time around.

Sorry for the long ramble.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30245
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Quote: Whatamidoinghere? "In my opinion the recruitment this year has already felt much more considered and I can see a clear plan. But you are one of the posters that scoffs at that opinion and then gets all uppity if someone disagrees and calls you out on your opinion. Some of our best players (not all granted) of recent years have been diamonds hiding amongst the rough… some wrote off before even playing for us… maybe give the signings a chance before writing them off eh?'"

We all have opinions. You dismiss negative ones then call others out for doing the same to positive ones. There has been nothing positive about the club for 6+ years now. Every year we get people saying how good the recruitment is, how this year we'll compete and it never happens so I'll keep calling it as I see it. If you don't agree, good, but put across a decent argument In favour rather than whining because others see things differently

RankPostsTeam
International Star7724No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Whatamidoinghere? "In my opinion the recruitment this year has already felt much more considered and I can see a clear plan. But you are one of the posters that scoffs at that opinion and then gets all uppity if someone disagrees and calls you out on your opinion. Some of our best players (not all granted) of recent years have been diamonds hiding amongst the rough… some wrote off before even playing for us… maybe give the signings a chance before writing them off eh?'"

They have certainly not considered that pace is such an important part of todays game because the lack of pace in the players coming in is alarming.
Even a leigh supporter with no axe to grind has posted on here that Hardaker and Chamberlain are slow.
We are already a team of plodders so what clear plan do you see?

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player79No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

A plan to bring experience in alongside the youngsters in the first team. Recruitment isn’t done yet- speedsters may yet be on their way.

Jake… the hypocrisy in your post is laughable. What you accuse me of doing is something you do on a regular basis- both in your spell before disappearing off the face of the earth and during your most recent stint.

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player79No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Logan Moy is fast, lewis Martin is fast, Davy Litten is fast….

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30245
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Quote: Whatamidoinghere? "A plan to bring experience in alongside the youngsters in the first team. Recruitment isn’t done yet- speedsters may yet be on their way.

Jake… the hypocrisy in your post is laughable. What you accuse me of doing is something you do on a regular basis- both in your spell before disappearing off the face of the earth and during your most recent stint.'"

Indeed I do, but I don't go around whining about others doing it. It's an Internet forum, expect people to post things you don't agree with.

Glad to hear you're happy I'm back anyway

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player792No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
79648_1693689514.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_79648.jpeg

Quote: Chris71 "Whilst I can’t say I’m particularly over enamoured, it been a case of closing the door after the horse had bolted.
The damage started in late 2018 and has continued in successive seasons culminating in us reaching the lowest point in the clubs SL history under Smith.
By the time Smith & Gene were removed from their posts the squad was an absolute dogs dinner.
By the time Myler came in, he effectively had not just one arm tied behind his back but 2. He has had to not only stop the rot, find a top coach who not only wants the job but has the credentials to do it, but also unpick the mess in terms of the recruitment with the squad and badly managed salary cap.
To do this prior to any players of note still being on the market will have been a tough gig but to have to do it without a head coach in place initially and the better players that were available securing deals before we could do anything of note makes it a mountain of a task. I would probably hazard a guess that the length of deals are a measured trade off due to the clubs/cartwrights requirement to live close to the club along with the money offered.
I’d say rather than knee jerk and panic signings it’s being opposite and maybe a little too patient/measured in the terms of thought.
We can all be critical sat here on the outside but I don’t think any of us can truly understand the task in hand.
We needed a complete rebuild not just a couple of player here and there and this is getting done and it isn’t going to be completed in time for the start of 2025. It was always going to take at least 2 off seasons. Have we ever known so many new signings or quota players being loaned out and/or released early from deals?
I do hope we have a couple of top quality players to come in which will supplement the current recruitment done along with the development of the youth coming through.

I think Myler has and is under no illusions in the role he’s taken on and certainly understands the importance of getting it right this time around.

Sorry for the long ramble.'"

Ladies and Gentlemen…we have a winner..Best post on this subject by far and interesting to see that a couple of certain posters (or one,as have my doubts) haven’t commented,belittled,slagged off this post.If it’s a ramble,it’s the best ramble I have read x

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7363
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45295_1698513085.jpg
once a black and white always a black and white COYH:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45295.jpg

Unfortunately we do have a right set of f.annies on here. Nothing but whining and moaning. It goes without saying we have been crap the last few years and the first thing required was a team that stopped the slide. The team where building next year is no great team. But with a couple of good signings I believe we will climb the table. It's a start . But some will just whine blah blah blah. Others will sense a new beginning and get behind them.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach8544
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200618 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

These signings are not meant to be the start of a title challenge, they are to get the club back on the horse after a shocking few years of recruitment, and performance. IMO, these signings are here to to bulk out the squad with professional players who have been there and done it, interspersed with some quality kids, and hopefully, a bit of star quality from down under. Then, in 2026, we might have the Jebson's, Staveley's, Balmforths, Dawsons, Martins as the core of the side having been introduced a little slower to the side than they currently are to aid their development.

Prior to Leeds golden generation, they signed players like Gary Connelly and David Furner from Wigan , who were aging players, to support the introduction of players like McGuire, Burrow, JJB, Mather etc. Didn't do them any harm

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2210
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39643_1299688438.png
The words of fools mean nothing to one who resides in the truth.:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39643.png

Pace is nice but it's not everything. In recent times we were pretty succesful with Whiting/Arundel and Yeaman as our centre partnership. I refuse to believe Hardaker or Chamberlain are slower than any of those. Chamberlain plays centre, 2nd row, fullback, wing and has even filled in at stand off this season. It's clear to see he's been signed for percieved versatility rather than as a strike centre. Every time we've had any success, we've had a player like that. I too would love us to sign a team full of exciting mavericks but most teams have their fair share of steady Eddy's. The fact that Leigh won the Challenge cup with Hardaker and Chamberlain as thier starting centres makes a lot of these arguments sound ridiculous. I'm not sure if some posters believe why their unrealistic recruitment expectations aren't met - or if they do, but they just prefer to have a stick to beat the club with.

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player792No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
79648_1693689514.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_79648.jpeg

Steady lads,all these positive posts will send this site into meltdown when our resident/s moaners come on line.I think they wanted the club to do a KouKash when he was at Salford and look how that ended.As for pace…yeah it’s nice but if we defend well and a team of speedsters can’t score and one of our new “snails” scores from 10yards and wins the game..who will be bothered.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2214No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/016.jpg
:simpsons/016.jpg

Quote: Raggytash "Pace is nice but it's not everything. In recent times we were pretty succesful with Whiting/Arundel and Yeaman as our centre partnership. I refuse to believe Hardaker or Chamberlain are slower than any of those. Chamberlain plays centre, 2nd row, fullback, wing and has even filled in at stand off this season. It's clear to see he's been signed for percieved versatility rather than as a strike centre. Every time we've had any success, we've had a player like that. I too would love us to sign a team full of exciting mavericks but most teams have their fair share of steady Eddy's. The fact that Leigh won the Challenge cup with Hardaker and Chamberlain as thier starting centres makes a lot of these arguments sound ridiculous. I'm not sure if some posters believe why their unrealistic recruitment expectations aren't met - or if they do, but they just prefer to have a stick to beat the club with.'"

Moy was our most threatening player on Sunday because he has pace, part of the reason people wanted Sneyd/Connor moving on was their lack of pace....we struggle to score tries currently because Sutcliffe and Carlos have no pace, French and Field are two of the most exciting players in the league because of their pace, Johnstone is one of the best wingers in the league because of his pace...there is no substitute for pace.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1426No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Not too worried about pace pace, we have a few players who possess it, more bothered about adding players with the correct attitudes on the pitch and with game smarts, not doing daft things like kicking the ball away at the ptb or silly pens

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain90No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 20195 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

As much as these signings don't excite (like signing 24 top international sone people are expecting) they are signings that are rather cleaver.
Looking at them short term, then yes, they won't set the world on fire, but are building for the long term. (However some people can't see any long term plans as it doesn't help their agenda or 'arguement')
Hence the signings of these experienced players for next season.
Thet are signed to help develop these young lads more, steady the ship and improve us from what we had this year.
They're some kids in there that will be top draw players in the coming years, the squad in the coming years will be largely made up of hull academy graduates that have played together for years with a few experienced heads in there, either UK or overseas.
We got to endure these crappy years to get to where we want to be, like the Wigan's and st Helens etc they started this process baby moons ago, we are still in our infants stage of the process.

5302 posts in 354 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
5302 posts in 354 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.49609375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
FGB
11m
Recruitment rumours and links
Smiffy27
17m