JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: UllFC "What's worrying me is clearly Cartwright didn't suggest these players, Myler went out and panic bought and then no doubt Cartwright will get the stick if they don't fire us up the league.

Got visions of threads in a years time where people are discussing if Cartwright needs more time or should we get rid now and start 2026 recruitment

Rinse. repeat. Buy your passes now, next year will be better says Pearson again...'"

But who else is available, apart from Wakey who has signed any domestic players of any note?

Who have Cas, Hudds, Leigh, Salford or Leeds signed from another SL club that is non quota, Burgess that's about it.

Really not easy to do, particularly starting late.

So far Myler has brought in Briscoe and Aydin who have both improved us, maybe give the bloke a chance?

Cust is a strange one, but think that comes from Cartwright.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30182
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Quote: Steve0 "The targets are all acquired by the supercomputer now aren't they? We'll be fine...'"

Richie was in a hurry to get home so just got a few lucky dips

RankPostsTeam
International Star4157
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: UllFC "What's worrying me is clearly Cartwright didn't suggest these players, Myler went out and panic bought and then no doubt Cartwright will get the stick if they don't fire us up the league.

Got visions of threads in a years time where people are discussing if Cartwright needs more time or should we get rid now and start 2026 recruitment

Rinse. repeat. Buy your passes now, next year will be better says Pearson again...'"

I haven't reached that level of pessimism yet but we really need a couple of stand out signings going in to next season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach2780
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

[size=200:1381yqo4] OLD FAITHFUL [/size:1381yqo4]:

Quote: bonaire "Here is what they will say

When a club as big as Hull FC come knocking and offer you unbelievable money and a long term contract so i can see my playing days out without having to do much and having no competition for my postion apart from some young lads who may make the grade in about three years.
How could i turn that down'"

i'm convinced you are Derek Beaumon tsuch is your negativity towards Hull FC.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7355
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39176.jpg
:39176.jpg

Damned if he didn’t, damned if he did. He couldn’t wait weeks until a coach was potentially signed, he did what he thought was best. He’s been challenged by giving better balance to the squad in terms of experience and wages. Looks like they’ve saved some cash for Cartwright to play with.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5258No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Steve0 "The targets are all acquired by the supercomputer now aren't they? We'll be fine...'"

To be fair to the super computer, it suggested Aydin who most of us were more than disappointed by. He's turning out to be a good pick up.

Let the algorithm do it's thing. We may be pleasantly surprised

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member25592No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: tommyfromhull "Damned if he didn’t, damned if he did. He couldn’t wait weeks until a coach was potentially signed, he did what he thought was best. He’s been challenged by giving better balance to the squad in terms of experience and wages. Looks like they’ve saved some cash for Cartwright to play with.'"

Yep, imagine had we not signed these players, we would be struggling for a squad and the same people on here would be moaning as we hasn't signed any players and the likes of Sutcliffe, Cator etc would be here next season.

The market this year is the worse I can remember, hardly any players available.

RankPostsTeam
Fringe Player834No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 20223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Hardaker, Holmes and Chamberlain are all better than Sutcliffe, Lane and Scott who they are ultimately replacing.

Asiata is better than any forward we currently have (exception maybe being Ese’ese)

Abdull is better than any half at the club currently.

Borouh is a young talent, who prior to Balmforth’s breakthrough into the squad, would’ve been arguably the best hooker we’ve got.

The bar wasn’t set high, but these signings are improvements on what we currently have. We have said this isn’t going to be an overnight fix, so why do people think our recruitment is going to go from the pits to world class in the space of 12 months?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach8679
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
14002_1637716780.jpg
"I know you've had a bad day, but there's no need to take it out on me":d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_14002.jpg

I would have liked us to have kept Oli Holmes for another year or 2, but Hardaker & Chamberlain lack pace, which is what we need badly. Good luck to all 3 anyway, except when they play against us. icon_smile.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach5881
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
16835_1358246040.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_16835.jpg

Just look at Salford, a team full of rejects but a team that is well coached, plays good rugby and generally competes - ie a team doesn't have to be full of world beaters to be competitive - this is the model we will hopefully be following with our new coaching team. I'm liking what Richie and the club are doing personally

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7337No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19461_1425327910.gif
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19461.gif

Quote: HU8HFC "Hardaker, Holmes and Chamberlain are all better than Sutcliffe, Lane and Scott who they are ultimately replacing.

Asiata is better than any forward we currently have (exception maybe being Ese’ese)

Abdull is better than any half at the club currently.

Borouh is a young talent, who prior to Balmforth’s breakthrough into the squad, would’ve been arguably the best hooker we’ve got.

The bar wasn’t set high, but these signings are improvements on what we currently have. We have said this isn’t going to be an overnight fix, so why do people think our recruitment is going to go from the pits to world class in the space of 12 months?'"

In general I would agree with that who do folks think we will get to come to the club when you add our insistence on players living locally to the fact that we are the second worst team in the current competition have been in decline for ages are serial coach hirers and firers, have pretty poor training facilities and have some of the most critical and demanding fans going. Add to that the fact that no one in much better circumstance in our game can get hold of better English players, for they just aint available and as you say most of our signings are better than the players they are replacing. I'm waiting for the final line up for next year one things for sure our quota players that are to yet come in will be picked carefully for all the right reasons by our new coach. For me at present this board is depressing and pretty negative, I'm waiting and seeing.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach17167No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

This board is negative because we've had 6 years of rubbish now (and the only half decent season was behind closed doors) the club has used up the patience and the goodwill of the fans.

There is little faith in the clubs scouting or decision making after years where we've paid several big signings off (though of course the CEO has now gone and Head Coach has changed twice)

Only the club can change the fans morale with performances on the field.

RankPostsTeam
Junior Player79No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jun 20231 year
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I’m fed up of seeing the negativity surrounding everything (literally everything) the club does. I’m not sure how some on here can call themselves ‘fans’ or ‘supporters’ because that’s crisply means liking the club- I’m not sure they do! The absolute insistence on their way of thinking being correct is also incredibly childish… we teach children to have a broad mind but some posters have an incredibly narrow mind when it comes to anything Hull try and do. Christ… some people are energy suckers in life and some on here are clearly in that category!

Personally I believe all the recruitment we have done so far improves us as a team. A club can contain average players who are galvanised and do a bloody good job! It is possible- Leicester winning the premier league as the most famous example. Not to suggest we will win anything anyway- not for a few years at least!

All of the players - apart from Hardaker who the jury is very much still out on for me- are good solid professionals who will improve the kids around them. The club can’t do right for wrong in some people’s eyes and you’re very welcome to an opinion but the scoffing and belittling of others who have an alternative opinion is tiresome and quite frankly immature.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach30182
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200718 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
32641_1503834456.jpg
The poor man's bonaire:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_32641.jpg

Quote: Whatamidoinghere? "I’m fed up of seeing the negativity surrounding everything (literally everything) the club does. I’m not sure how some on here can call themselves ‘fans’ or ‘supporters’ because that’s crisply means liking the club- I’m not sure they do! The absolute insistence on their way of thinking being correct is also incredibly childish… we teach children to have a broad mind but some posters have an incredibly narrow mind when it comes to anything Hull try and do. Christ… some people are energy suckers in life and some on here are clearly in that category!

Personally I believe all the recruitment we have done so far improves us as a team. A club can contain average players who are galvanised and do a bloody good job! It is possible- Leicester winning the premier league as the most famous example. Not to suggest we will win anything anyway- not for a few years at least!

All of the players - apart from Hardaker who the jury is very much still out on for me- are good solid professionals who will improve the kids around them. The club can’t do right for wrong in some people’s eyes and you’re very welcome to an opinion but the scoffing and belittling of others who have an alternative opinion is tiresome and quite frankly immature.'"

It's up to the club and players to change the narrative on the field. The signings are erratic. Older players, injury prone players, unknown players from overseas. How do you expect any reasonable person to be optimistic about that? Recruitment is worse than some recent seasons where we've been dire so no reason at this stage to expect anything different.

We can all be blindly optimistic but some choose the more sane route of realism

RankPostsTeam
New Signing257No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20240 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: The Dentist Wilf "I'm waiting for the final line up for next year one things for sure our quota players that are to yet come in will be picked carefully for all the right reasons by our new coach.'"

Without even considering the off field thing, we signed Stewart as one of our quota players and presumably one of our first choice targets. Going on the very few YouTube clips available he looked exciting, but he is 23 and never made a first team appearance despite being in a couple of different NRL systems for a good few years. It would have been a huge step up for him and a huge gamble.

I hope I’m pleasantly surprised but I don’t see how we go from a big gamble on a complete rookie like that to finding someone who’s ready to come in straight away and carry the huge burden that will now be on these two quota players, it’s some serious heavy lifting now looking at the squad.

5115 posts in 342 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
5115 posts in 342 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.08935546875:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
IMG scores
Scarlet Pimp
2m
Round 27 HKR Away
Sir Gregory
3m