JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: HU8HFC "Got my ticket before the match on Saturday and they said sales have been good and heading towards 1K, its just insanity at this point
Lets hope it's not like the Huddersfield play-off game years ago when Pearson was that embarrassed he gave everyone a refund icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12730
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: HU8HFC "Away matches are more of a social these days, good day out with mates, the match itself is usually the worst part about it, and if they win its a bonus
Agreed.
Going over Friday on train ( strikes cancelled now but were originally scheduled for this weekend) and we've booked hotel Fri & Sat with a few others coming over.
The game and a likely mullering will be the most painful part of it. icon_lol.gif

RankPostsTeam
International Star4173
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: bonaire "I know you hate criticing players but Hoy is a real disappointment at full back
You have to admit that we saw a lot more from Litten in his short stint at full back than Hoy and its for this reason that i expect Smith to try Hoy at 6 and Litten to full back.
Evans will have to come back for Sao and i expect he will have a dig after been dropped,but needs to be on the field longer
I agree we need to play Cator at 13 but like Lane he is a penalty machine,and to have any chance of a win we need to cut out the indiscipline and respect possession.
We also need to bring Mitch back on the wing as he is a much better defender but seems to be a forgotton man under Smith even when fit, so we are likely to see McIntosh back
In the forwards there is only Savelio that deserves his place as we are so weak as a pack.
A Taylor and Fash starting front row is hardly going to worry anyone,
Quote: bonaire " Satae seems to have lost interest '"
but we hope Evans comes in with something to prove.
Griffin is just too lazy and really needs to up hs game but in reality when you see we have small guys like Brown,Fash,Cator and Lane sometimes all on the field together its little wonder we get rolled down the field so easily'"

Looks like he has lost too much weight.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Marcus's Bicycle "Looks like he has lost too much weight.'"

fair point but then you would expect extra mobility from him to compensate but we havnt

RankPostsTeam
International Star7722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: boardwalkempire4 "Agree with the above post.
Hoy for some reason has gone backwards and his tackling efforts in last few games have been poor.
In saying that, Clark and Kasiano are both out and they usually always do well against us.
I’m starting to think we might end wires unbeaten run..'"

You can imagine that.
Fans excited by the win and turn up in numbers for the Derby only to get mullered by a rampant HKR

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7359
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
45295_1698513085.jpg
once a black and white always a black and white COYH:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_45295.jpg

Getting 18 start from bookies

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member2213No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
simpsons/016.jpg
:simpsons/016.jpg

Quote: boardwalkempire4 "Agree with the above post.
Hoy for some reason has gone backwards and his tackling efforts in last few games have been poor.
In saying that, Clark and Kasiano are both out and they usually always do well against us.
I’m starting to think we might end wires unbeaten run..'"

Seems to happen with a lot of our overseas signings in the past few years, Reynolds was MOTM in his first game, Lovodua started well last year, Clifford & Hoy looked brilliant v Cas / Leeds...it's like they come in with memory of how to play the game well and a positive attitude, then we coach it out of them and they sink down to the level of the rest of the squad.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2453
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 201114 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Wire in peace.

We'll be without Bullock, Harrison (both injured), Kasiano, McGuire (both suspended), Clark (injured).
As a result our bench will be light. Drinkwater should be back.

Dufty
Ashton
Ratchford
Matautia
Russell (keeps his place as he had a stormer last week, even though Thewlis is OK to play)
Drinkwater
Williams
Vaughan
Walker
Mikaele (last match for us - he's had a fantastic season so far)
Currie
Nicholson
Philbin (3rd game back from ACL injury. He might drop to the bench, Matautia moving to 13, and Minikin starting at centre (same position as last week).

Dudson (2nd game back from injury)
Minikin
Thomas (3rd or 4th game for us)
Doolan (if in the 17, it's his 1st senior game)

We're full of confidence at the moment and playing well. Last week Cas couldn't cope with our forwards or backs. After the 1st 10 minutes the result wasn't in doubt.
I don't believe we'll be able to dominate like that. Losing Sam Kasiano is a big blow.

We know only too well what TS can do with a side in a few weeks - and it's just the sort of game we've lost season after season - going in as clear favourites and not putting the hard graft in on the pitch.
If this Wire side is the real deal we have to win well and follow it up in the next 4 matches (even if we lose one or two).

I expect a big crowd even though it's on C4.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8128
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Quote: bonaire "
Quote: bonaire "Looks like he has lost too much weight.'"

fair point but then you would expect extra mobility from him to compensate but we havnt'"

To be honest we don’t seem to use our forwards enough as time and again we use the centres or wingers instead of giving work to the forwards. We’ve been guilty of that for a few years now and when we do eventually give the ball to them we are yet again far to static and none of them are running the ball in with any real intent other than Fash, Brown and Savelio.

TS is a proven coach and think this all just highlights the issues that he faces within the playing squad that there’s inherent issues that just can’t be got rid of other than wholesale changes.

RankPostsTeam
International Star4173
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Chris71 "To be honest we don’t seem to use our forwards enough as time and again we use the centres or wingers instead of giving work to the forwards. We’ve been guilty of that for a few years now and when we do eventually give the ball to them we are yet again far to static and none of them are running the ball in with any real intent other than Fash, Brown and Savelio.

TS is a proven coach and think this all just highlights the issues that he faces within the playing squad that there’s inherent issues that just can’t be got rid of other than wholesale changes.'"

I noticed that on Saturday. The wingers especially Litten (who I thought did well considering his inexperience) did seem to be running too much from dummy half bringing the ball back from our line. Obviously this is a play used by all teams to ease the workload on the props but it did seem excessive. Then again looking at how our forwards were blowing out their s walking back maybe they had no choice.

When we had Talanoa and Fonua (in his first stint) it worked very well.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201411 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Chris71 "To be honest we don’t seem to use our forwards enough as time and again we use the centres or wingers instead of giving work to the forwards. We’ve been guilty of that for a few years now and when we do eventually give the ball to them we are yet again far to static and none of them are running the ball in with any real intent other than Fash, Brown and Savelio.

TS is a proven coach and think this all just highlights the issues that he faces within the playing squad that there’s inherent issues that just can’t be got rid of other than wholesale changes.'"

But seriously Chris you shouldnt have to teach a professional R/L player how to run onto a ball and gain more meteres.
For me its more to do with fitness.The more i see of this team in comparision to others the more unfit we look.To try and use lightweight wings like Litten,McIntosh and Swift to gain metres from our own 10
is ridiculous when the likes of Griffin and the bigger forwards are standing around blowing out of their backsides
The club seem to have been too cautious pre season trying to keep injuries down and i dont think our pre season was hard enough to elevate fitness levels to where they should be and it shows.
Hate to say it but HKR look a far fitter and faster team than we do

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner4382No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8077.jpg
Always the Optimist never the Pessimist. Glass Half full not half empty man me.:8077.jpg

Quote: fez1 "Wire in peace.

We'll be without Bullock, Harrison (both injured), Kasiano, McGuire (both suspended), Clark (injured).
As a result our bench will be light. Drinkwater should be back.

Dufty
Ashton
Ratchford
Matautia
Russell (keeps his place as he had a stormer last week, even though Thewlis is OK to play)
Drinkwater
Williams
Vaughan
Walker
Mikaele (last match for us - he's had a fantastic season so far)
Currie
Nicholson
Philbin (3rd game back from ACL injury. He might drop to the bench, Matautia moving to 13, and Minikin starting at centre (same position as last week).

Dudson (2nd game back from injury)
Minikin
Thomas (3rd or 4th game for us)
Doolan (if in the 17, it's his 1st senior game)

We're full of confidence at the moment and playing well. Last week Cas couldn't cope with our forwards or backs. After the 1st 10 minutes the result wasn't in doubt.
I don't believe we'll be able to dominate like that. Losing Sam Kasiano is a big blow.

We know only too well what TS can do with a side in a few weeks - and it's just the sort of game we've lost season after season - going in as clear favourites and not putting the hard graft in on the pitch.
If this Wire side is the real deal we have to win well and follow it up in the next 4 matches (even if we lose one or two).

I expect a big crowd even though it's on C4.'"

That's our issues first 15/20 minutes we are out of games(Catalans, Salford and Leigh) but like Saints if we have a dig we can push teams but like you say Wire full of confidence and we are low on confidence.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8128
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Quote: bonaire "But seriously Chris you shouldnt have to teach a professional R/L player how to run onto a ball and gain more meteres.
For me its more to do with fitness.The more i see of this team in comparision to others the more unfit we look.To try and use lightweight wings like Litten,McIntosh and Swift to gain metres from our own 10
is ridiculous when the likes of Griffin and the bigger forwards are standing around blowing out of their backsides
The club seem to have been too cautious pre season trying to keep injuries down and i dont think our pre season was hard enough to elevate fitness levels to where they should be and it shows.
Hate to say it but HKR look a far fitter and faster team than we do'"

I totally agree that pro players shouldn't be needed to be taught or retaught the fundamental basics of the game but there are a number of players within the squad that to me seem to have been in a comfort zone for far too long and sloppy lazy effort is now too ingrained. I've said before that we may not have the most talented SL squad and whether they are good enough or not to challenge there is no excuse for the lack of effort & intensity.
Again I'd agree that our fitness levels on the face of it look shocking, even against Leigh there were a number of players blowing quite badly and we'd only just reached the 10min mark.

I think TS is a quality Coach and is proven to getting results but I do question whether the players are being worked hard enough and the coaching team are being too soft with them which for me is showing in the poor discipline on show in the games.

Unless a huge clear out of the majority of the OOC players is done then sadly we will just see more continuation of the same old story next season.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3329
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

All men are created equal, some work harder in preseason. -[i:1c45x4hd]Emmitt Smith[/i:1c45x4hd]:

I’ve been saying for years we’re unfit. All the desire and attacking flair in the world doesn’t matter if you’re not fit. Watch saints the last few seasons and all it really comes down to is they absolutely smother teams with their defence, then turn around and run at you like it’s minute 1, which all comes down to having the legs and the stomach for it.

What’s most alarming is we seem worse than ever this season, when we were already well behind.

Hope TS can turn it round before club Hull decide they don’t like the hard work and torpedo another tenure.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator39670
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200223 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

how are you guys feeling with tony smith so far? early thoughts?

298 posts in 21 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
298 posts in 21 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.10791015625:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
TV Games - Not Hull
Mild Rover
5m
ALL NEW 49ERS ERA LEEDS UTD THREAD
tad rhino
14m