FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Hull FC > Crowds set to return to SL?
57 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
RankPostsTeam
Moderator8126
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Quote: Riderofthepalehorse "Seriously, this latest news stalling the test pilot experiment, is unbelievably bad news for our game, without cash coming in, and the dire consequences of people’s perspectives of purchasing season tickets for 2021 may sound the death knell for some of the rugby league family.

In an ideal world our puppet master Sky, would have come in and protected its assets, nullifying contracts, and bailing out struggling clubs, we know Sky only care about subscribers, and the absence of supporters is not high on the agenda, but without a sport to televise, and the possibility of players looking for other occupations, there is no business left.'"

Quote: Riderofthepalehorse "Going to be a seismic shift in the game methinks. Think we had half a chance if we could get supporters back in. Landscape changes now unfortunately, and who knows what we end up with.
Grim news for the sport.'"

Indeed and Rl will not be alone in this with noises coming from football league clubs also facing similar issues. The EIHL announced last week following a meeting that all 10 clubs had voted unanimously to suspend the 2020/2021 season and the NIHL announcing this week its delayed the start of the 2020/2021 season to January, I would imagine that this news today may well scupper those plans too.

So all in all its a very bleak prospect for the any pro sporting club as many rely on the fans outside of the premier league but not even sure they will be unaffected by this the longer it goes on.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Riderofthepalehorse "Seriously, this latest news stalling the test pilot experiment, is unbelievably bad news for our game, without cash coming in, and the dire consequences of people’s perspectives of purchasing season tickets for 2021 may sound the death knell for some of the rugby league family.

In an ideal world our puppet master Sky, would have come in and protected its assets, nullifying contracts, and bailing out struggling clubs, we know Sky only care about subscribers, and the absence of supporters is not high on the agenda, but without a sport to televise, and the possibility of players looking for other occupations, there is no business left.'"

As ccs has previously pointed out even if we had 8000 fans in the ground it would hardly make any difference to the clubs finances as most would be Passholders who have already paid.
That said i agree its bad news

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain6674
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 20187 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
76734_1552479949.jpeg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_76734.jpeg

Quote: bonaire "As ccs has previously pointed out even if we had 8000 fans in the ground it would hardly make any difference to the clubs finances as most would be Passholders who have already paid.
That said i agree its bad news'"

It’s about the game as a whole Bonaire, but take our own loyal pass holders, after the season ends, I usually purchase three passes for Christmas, but who knows what the 21 season will bring, will most invest in these circumstances, not being able to attend, many will be hesitant to even consider mixing. due to CV19, extremely difficult for AP, and other clubs in the rugby league.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17198
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: bonaire "As ccs has previously pointed out even if we had 8000 fans in the ground it would hardly make any difference to the clubs finances as most would be Passholders who have already paid.
That said i agree its bad news'"

Keeping the pass holders in the habit of going helps pass sales for next year and helps shift some merchendise, people would buy cold weather merchendise for example.

As things stand even if by magic things turnaround and theres a guarantee next season starts 'back to normal' pass sales will be hit. Some simply cant afford it, others will be out the habit or havent missed it, our form isnt inspiring either.

Battle for suvival now sadly, think we wont replace the big names and will stick with Last due to cost. As much as im fed up with midtable mediocrity id rather we stay in business.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29774No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: UllFC "Battle for suvival now sadly, think we wont replace the big names and will stick with Last due to cost. As much as im fed up with midtable mediocrity id rather we stay in business.'"

Must be a huge question mark over our survival. Even if we survive through loans, how would we ever pay them back? I'd hope once an assessment has been made of the impact of these latest changes the club will do a really transparent State of the Nation communication, and be clear about income shortfalls, their consequences, and how fans could help. Think it's pretty clear that some clubs won't survive and without a wealthy backer we must be in the higher risk bracket.

RankPostsTeam
First Team Player381No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Sep 20204 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2021Apr 2021LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Mrs Barista "Must be a huge question mark over our survival. Even if we survive through loans, how would we ever pay them back? I'd hope once an assessment has been made of the impact of these latest changes the club will do a really transparent State of the Nation communication, and be clear about income shortfalls, their consequences, and how fans could help. Think it's pretty clear that some clubs won't survive and without a wealthy backer we must be in the higher risk bracket.'"

You keep saying we have no wealthy backer, but AP doesn't seem shy of getting money from somewhere/someone, try and be a bit more positive?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17198
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: Mrs Barista "Must be a huge question mark over our survival. Even if we survive through loans, how would we ever pay them back? I'd hope once an assessment has been made of the impact of these latest changes the club will do a really transparent State of the Nation communication, and be clear about income shortfalls, their consequences, and how fans could help. Think it's pretty clear that some clubs won't survive and without a wealthy backer we must be in the higher risk bracket.'"

I doubt any club in Super League are in a great position. For example Warrington's owner is rich, but makes his fortune promoting concerts so I bet isnt feeling as flush as he was and if the postponed gigs get delayed past next summer a whole legal can of worms is going to open about people, stadiums, equipment suppliers etc demanding refunds.

Other clubs own their own grounds and have to maintain stadiums sat decaying and open to vandalism. At least at the KCOM we know what rent we pay and dont have that worry.

Salford have a rented ground and small fanbase so little merchendise sales, I bet barely a penny is coming in the til right now. Every club will have its own challenge somewhere.

SKY are the biggest factor. If they keep paying, RL can survive in some form. Im optimistic they will as the behind closed doors games have done well as far as im aware, and as much as I dont want Winter Rugby back, Winter TV audiences are bigger with people sat in.

ccs
RankPostsTeam
International Star5318
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Is Hodgson the new Griffin, or is it all about pace?:

Sky have reduced next years payments by £250k per club. Ouch.

RankPostsTeam
International Star1426No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2024Jul 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

What was the reduction in Sky money for, sorry havnt read into it, I'm guessing the reduction in game/ this season?

ccs
RankPostsTeam
International Star5318
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

Quote: Rocknrolla69er "What was the reduction in Sky money for, sorry havnt read into it, I'm guessing the reduction in game/ this season?'"

They agreed to continue payments for 2020 (quite a few months ago), whatever the outcome might be, but the cost was a reduction of £250k per club next year.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach29774No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: UllFC "I doubt any club in Super League are in a great position. For example Warrington's owner is rich, but makes his fortune promoting concerts so I bet isnt feeling as flush as he was and if the postponed gigs get delayed past next summer a whole legal can of worms is going to open about people, stadiums, equipment suppliers etc demanding refunds.

Other clubs own their own grounds and have to maintain stadiums sat decaying and open to vandalism. At least at the KCOM we know what rent we pay and dont have that worry.

Salford have a rented ground and small fanbase so little merchendise sales, I bet barely a penny is coming in the til right now. Every club will have its own challenge somewhere.

SKY are the biggest factor. If they keep paying, RL can survive in some form. Im optimistic they will as the behind closed doors games have done well as far as im aware, and as much as I dont want Winter Rugby back, Winter TV audiences are bigger with people sat in.'"

I'd be surprised if the club can survive beyond this season in anything like its current guise. Not being dramatic, just my opinion.
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ns-4542560
Quote: UllFC "I doubt any club in Super League are in a great position. For example Warrington's owner is rich, but makes his fortune promoting concerts so I bet isnt feeling as flush as he was and if the postponed gigs get delayed past next summer a whole legal can of worms is going to open about people, stadiums, equipment suppliers etc demanding refunds.

SKY are the biggest factor. If they keep paying, RL can survive in some form. Im optimistic they will as the behind closed doors games have done well as far as im aware, and as much as I dont want Winter Rugby back, Winter TV audiences are bigger with people sat in.'"

I'd be surprised if the club can survive beyond this season in anything like its current guise. Not being dramatic, just my opinion.
https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/r ... ns-4542560

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4755
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2418.jpg
:2418.jpg

Can’t see them allowing Toronto in now, taking a share of the Sky money.

Just glad we got the Wembley win!

ccs
RankPostsTeam
International Star5318
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2022Aug 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

.... maybe they'll be allowed to buy themselves in, £55m would do nicely.

RankPostsTeam
International Star2416
JoinedServiceReputation
May 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
59871_1384965068.gif
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_59871.gif

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7351No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Dec 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
19461_1425327910.gif
2016 The Year of the Airlie Bird -on sale NOW, price £15, BUY THE BOOK RE-LIVE THE DREAM!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_19461.gif

Quote: Mrs Barista "I'd be surprised if the club can survive beyond this season in anything like its current guise. Not being dramatic, just my opinion.

Completely agree with that and I wonder if a lot of fans know how close to the actualities that is.

I know I bang on about it but we can't let the self interest of a couple of owners railroad the rest who are really struggling to survive, to get Toronto back in now with the cut of the Sky money and central funding they are demanding. They have treated their players terribly causing hardship and debt, taken the mick with the signing of SBW on a $2m contract and quit the league when because of our Sky commitments we needed them most. The other Clubs have fought, put their players at risk and made massive sacrifices just to keep the game going over the past couple of months and they deserve every penny of outside income they can get to simply pay their players and staff. Whats more they will need that and a lot more going forward to 2021. In normal circumstances I'm pretty ambivalent to their inclusion or otherwise, but these ain't normal circumstances.

As I've said in the past several times, for me if one current Super league or Championship Club goes under through running out of money in this terrible situation and Toronto are sat there back in the Competition with an allocation of Sky and central funding next season it will be an absolute disgrace.

57 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
57 posts in 5 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

5.1005859375:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
18m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
Irregular Ho
41m