FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Hull FC > Radfords job safe but who will be shown the door?
113 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
RankPostsTeam
Player Coach12097No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200619 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

I think anyone who is expecting sweeping changes and marquee signings will be very disappointed. It's all hot air.

Abdul will leave because he wants to leave. Miloudi will leave because Radford doesn't like him. Harris might go back to Donny. There will be no changes to the coaching and we will finish at best 10th next year. I would love to be proved wrong but I just can't see anything changing this year.

People will say I am not a fan but I genuinely hope someone puts 100 past us in one of the coming games. The worse the next month is the more likely something might change.

In an ideal world I would bin Radford, Talanoa, Minichiello, Washbrook, Abdul, Harris and Paea, and one or two others are on thin ice. But realistically its too late in the day to replace them with any quality.

RankPostsTeam
International Star3493
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 201113 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
disney/00035.gif
:disney/00035.gif

I’m a Doncaster supporter. I’ve seen all the Hull games on Sky this season and watched the Hull lads who have come to Donny on loan and DR. Here’s my feedback:

I believe the general quality of Super League has dipped over the last few seasons whilst the Championship has improved somewhat. There are quite a number of players in Super League who wouldn’t be out of place in sides at the top end of the Championship. The gap between the two divisions is closer now than it has been for a long while.

In some ways this is a good thing as it makes the Middle Eights more interesting, but it’s bad for the Super League product as we need 12 teams of similar abilities in Super League to make every match ultra competitive. The current Super League ‘top four’ seem some way ahead of the rest as the league table indicates.

Most sides in Super League (and the lower leagues) don’t have sufficient strength in depth to be able manage an injury crisis; you’ve had a major injury crisis. The impact for Hull has primarily been that your pack hasn’t had the power to deal with the opposition, constantly putting you on the back foot. Losing Liam Watts was a big loss.

Having your key half-backs out really doesn’t help either but even they would have found it hard to stop the rot given the lack of grunt up front.

With regards to the youngsters, I cannot speak too highly of the commitment they’ve all shown when playing for Doncaster. In our recent game at Whitehaven, the kick-off was delayed for 15 minutes. The players went off but Hakim Miloudi continued to practice his kick-offs and goal-kicking for another 15 minutes (even though he’s not the first choice goal-kicker). During the game, he was going to be tackled ‘in goal’ but put in an amazing kick from under the sticks to his winger who collected the ball to run 30 metres up field. It showed amazing vision and no shortage of skill to execute the move.

Lee Radford doesn’t seem to like him because he plays an unstructured type of game. Hakim’s still young and learning so he will make mistakes but we don’t have enough natural talent in the game to stifle creativity. I consider him to be the League One version of Ben Barba at the moment.

Jez Litten is a player of some potential and needs to be given time. He seems to have a good brain and makes the right choices, especially at our level. He perhaps needs to bulk up physically a bit but you’ve got a good lad there.

Jordan Lane has always tried his best for Donny. Quite what level he’ll be able to aspire to, I’m not sure. He’s certainly a top end Championship-type player, whether he can bridge the gap to be a good quality Super league player, I’m not sure; time will tell.

Liam Harris: When Liam came to you earlier in the season, I thought the move might have come too soon for him. It really is difficult for halves to learn their trade when a team isn’t playing well. He seems to have been targeted defensively by other clubs and he’s suffered accordingly. He shouldn’t be written off. He needs more time and more experience.

Lewis Bienek: Lewis got injured and hasn’t played much for us but he looks a good prospect for the future. He was easily pushed back in the Warrington game but I’m sure he’s better than that. Give him some time and he’ll become a much better player.

Jack Logan: He’s scored a couple of good long-range tries for us but has made a few mistakes defensively too. He’s certainly not ready for Super League at the moment as he doesn’t have the physical size to deal with it. Happy to see him at Doncaster though as he gives 100%.

Jack Sanderson: He’s a handy player at full-back or on the wing. Another who is still learning and needs time. Quite how high he can go, I’m not sure. Not ready for Super League yet.

Cameron Scott: Not seen much of him. He looked out of his depth in your first team recently.

Ross Osborne: I think you may have dropped a clanger letting Ross go. Again he’s not Super League ready but I can see him developing into a really good player. I like his attitude too.

It’s been tough asking the youngsters to come into your first team to help turn things round. I don’t think they should be judged too harshly. Basically, it shows your squad doesn’t have the depth to be able to cope with the injuries you’ve had, but I’m sure every side would have struggled given your circumstances.

I’m used to ‘tough times’ having been a Donny fan for 45 years. The toughest of times we’ve endured recently was when Paul Cooke got us to fourth in the Championship before we went through the next season hardly winning a game, finishing bottom. Once the losing run rot sets in, it is incredibly difficult to turn it around. Paul Cooke lost his job and Gray Thornton came in. Nothing changed and we kept on losing through the rest of the season and got relegated.

The big risk for you at the moment is whether Adam Pearson’s outburst unites the team or splits them. If it splits them, you might need to make more wholesale changes. If the dressing room was already divided, it will now be even more divided. I hope that’s not the case and things pick up during the last few games.

I wish you well against Cas next week. I hope there’s a good, positive reaction from your lads but please don’t play Miloudi as we very much need him to help give us a better chance of promotion! icon_lol.gif I’m looking forward to seeing him tomorrow in our match against Newcastle. Pop over and watch the game if you’re not busy, it’s a vital game for us and any help you could give us from the stands would be welcomed.

Thanks for the help you've given us with the DR and Loans this season. Your lads have been a credit to themselves and your club.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach1360
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39004_1360877303.png
Born and raised on Black and White:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_39004.png

Quote: A unknown superstar "I’d release Shaul and play Connor at fullback, wouldn’t even think about playing Shaul on the wing! I’d also release Green, as he just can’t stay fit for more than a couple of games.
Most importantly though Radders or whoever the coach may be needs to move away from the idea of battering teams down the middle like we did in 2016. We don’t have the team for it anymore and playing congested is causing us major problems outwide too as we must get beat down the wings more than any other team in the league due to Faraimo and even more so Talanoa rushing in and constantly missing the tackle!'"

That's our only plan,batter team's down the middle even though we don't have the players to do it.Can't use our pace because we don't have the players with pace.Radford put all his eggs in one basket by going for the Bradford way of playing,great while all players are fit but unfortunately when they are not we have no Plan B.Getting rid of Watts mid season was the most baffling thing for me,what serious thing had he done,can't have been that bad,Cas soon snapped him up.Looking at the player ratings in the night paper there were plenty of 2s and 3s for the players,where were the ratings for the coaching staff who let it get to this state.Radford and his staff want to get down pitchside at games and bark out a few orders instead of sitting in the stand like stuffed dummies,why should they be immune from criticism.Young kids like Abdul and Harris got plenty of flak after the Warrington game on this site,what about our pack who were totally dominated and are probably earning a lot more than these two put together,they were missing in action.This slump in form has been coming all season, and the coaching staff should have seen it coming.All teams have to do against us now is throw the ball out wide,our wingers will be somewhere in field,thats happened all season and it's still happening,the crowd can see it but why can't the coaching staff.I look forward to the words of wisdom about what we are going to do in our next game,we can only pray.I hope the coaching team watched the Saints Wigan game,that's how to build a team,forward power and pace.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member3524No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Nov 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Aug 2023Apr 2022LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
3444.gif
HULL FC CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 2005 GRAND FINALISTS 2006 CHALLENGE CUP FINALISTS 2008 CHALLENGE CUP FINALISTS 2013 CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 2016 CHALLENGE CUP WINNERS 2017 HKR THE PRIDE OF THE CHAMPIONSHIP:3444.gif

Josh Jones has signed . Who will he replace ?

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12363
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11987_1319451684.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11987.jpg

Paea
Green
Fash
Washy
Talanoa
Abduls off anyway
Logan
For starters

RankPostsTeam
International Star4173
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 201312 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Manu. Very average this season and likely to be on a big wedge.

RankPostsTeam
Club Coach12363
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200520 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
11987_1319451684.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_11987.jpg

Quote: ComeOnYouUll "Not much mention of Jamie Shaul. A couple of breakaway tries a season isnt good enough.

Not saying he should go but he seriously needs to up his game and not live on Wembley 2016.'"

I do think he should be looking over his shoulder as to his performances this season ,he's been bang average but again the injury list and with Miloudi been out of favour , He's on the team sheet .

RankPostsTeam
Moderator8126
JoinedServiceReputation
Jan 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
8082_1359018606.jpg
I really enjoy long walks especially when they are taken by people I don't like!:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_8082.jpg

Quote: Marcus's Bicycle "Manu. Very average this season and likely to be on a big wedge.'"

Think Manu's future at Hull will be questioned and rights so. For a player with his experience he hasn't looked half player of last season and you expect a player of his standing to step up to the plate which he hasn't. The club have also been very good to him letting him stay in Oz longer after the tour and maybe that is what AP is alluding to in some of his comments.

All in all there are several senior players who need to have a really hard look at themselves.

The 4 with biggest question marks are

Paea
Manu
Tuli
Washbrook

We need some real desire and hunger in the team as that is lacking completely. Watts also needs replacing with an equivalent player. We also need some pace within the team other than Shaul.

I also believe that the coaching staff needs a new face from outside the Hull boundary that is capable of changing the attacking structures or give us the ability to have more than Plan A.

I don't think it's all bull and bluster from AP as I think he really has felt let down by certain people within the club and will make changes. He knows the consequences of all the hard work getting the club to where it is will be undone very quickly otherwise.

Also think there will be question marks over other players such as Green and even Kelly due to health & fitness.

RankPostsTeam
Club Captain826No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
May 20159 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

the main reason we are were we are is the horrendous injury crisis we have had all season,but we do lack not only 2 big forewards but one a pack leader,who can crack the whip on field if some players aren't doing their bit.these heavy defeats of late could do some good in the long term,i think theres been a bit of complacency crept in at management level since last season.we thought we could get away with replacing ellis.wrong.we thought we could get away with binning watts midseason.awful decision.the squad basically all fit is as good as any,with good on field leadership and more size in the pack.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17196
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: fosdyke99 "the main reason we are were we are is the horrendous injury crisis we have had all season,but we do lack not only 2 big forewards but one a pack leader,who can crack the whip on field if some players aren't doing their bit.these heavy defeats of late could do some good in the long term,i think theres been a bit of complacency crept in at management level since last season.we thought we could get away with replacing ellis.wrong.we thought we could get away with binning watts midseason.awful decision.the squad basically all fit is as good as any,with good on field leadership and more size in the pack.'"

Agree on the not big enough in the pack point, but I don't even think a full fit side would be Top4, teams have figured out how to play against us and we have no PlanB. Connor and Kelly would be worth a try or two a game with their individual magic, but that doesn't fully fix the lack of an attacking game plan. All teams have to do is close Kelly & Connor down or for them to have an off-day and we are back to the dull style.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach3072No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200916 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Sep 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
44716_1295354434.jpg
:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_44716.jpg

Firstly hope Kelly is ok after concussion for next season , why the sudden want to get rid of Griffin and why is Gelling linked ?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17196
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200421 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
9243.jpg
:9243.jpg

Quote: hullandbroncos "Firstly hope Kelly is ok after concussion for next season , why the sudden want to get rid of Griffin and why is Gelling linked ?'"

Gelling I imagine because Widnes look Championship bound and his deal will then be off. He'd be a good addition, good player and also a character off the field which could lift the squad.

I still think Griffin has something to offer, but in the second row.

RankPostsTeam
International Board Member4754
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200222 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
2418.jpg
:2418.jpg

Thing is, I’m more concerned with the coaching structures in place.
Surely Radford can’t be absolved of all blame?
I’ve no doubt they work hard, but the reluctance to implement a plan b is more of a worry in my opinion, than the performances of some players.
Cutting players looks proactive, but it’s all smoke and mirrors if they aren’t being coached correctly.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach7355
JoinedServiceReputation
May 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Sep 2024Aug 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
39176.jpg
:39176.jpg

I was Griffin’s biggest critic last year, however he proved me wrong this season before his injury and was looking genuine quality. What we all hoped he would be like when we signed him. Carlos was unplayable at times before his injury too. Both back from injury and both look very slow, average and to be honest not fit. Griffin barely even chasing back for kicks and tackles last night. Not fit or not bothered? I’m not sure. Carlos is safe and his name shouldn’t even be mentioned, Griffin is a funny one and will be on big money. Connor to take his place until Kelly leaves to take his inevitable 6 spot? Or I’d be happy with the Gelling rumours, he’s ace.

RankPostsTeam
International Star7722No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 201410 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Oct 2024Oct 2024LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: hullandbroncos "Firstly hope Kelly is ok after concussion for next season , why the sudden want to get rid of Griffin and why is Gelling linked ?'"

because since he has been at the club he has been a huge disappointment.
He is no centre,cant tackle,cant pass,no footwork,no speed, and the laziest player in the squad
Good riddance

113 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
113 posts in 9 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

3.9580078125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
2m
Leigh it is
NSW
4m
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Once were Lo
34m
Film game
karetaker
43m
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
47m
DoR - New Coach - Investor & Adam - New signings
steve_norton
55m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
56m
BORED The Band Name Game
Boss Hog
Recent
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Mr Snoodle
Recent
Recruitment rumours and links
MorePlaymake
FORUM
LAST
VIEW
TOPIC
POSTER
Transfer Talk / Rumour thread V4
Once were Lo
1m
Game - Song Titles
Boss Hog
1m
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
karetaker
1m
Recruitment rumours and links
MorePlaymake
2m
Former players
Jemmo
2m
Rumours thread
PopTart
3m
Call for funds
faxcar
3m
Planning for next season
Septimius Se
3m
Whitehaven Away
the fax in a
3m
Championship Play Off Final
PopTart
FORUM
NEW
TOPICS
TOPIC
POSTER
Man of Steel
MorePlaymake
TODAY
Guest appearance
Kick and cha
TODAY
Squad for HKR
matt_wire
TODAY
Proposed rule changes 2025
MjM
TODAY
Fev H Play Off
Wigan Bull
TODAY
Whose going for a beer in Wigan Saturday
Deeeekos
TODAY
Play-off semi-final
Khlav Kalash
TODAY
Coach of the Year
Kevin Turvey
TODAY
Greatest game ever at HJ
Fantastic Mr
TODAY
World Club Challenge
Barstool Pre
TODAY
WIRE YED Prediction Competition Hull KR Away Play Off Semi
Mr Snoodle
TODAY
2025 Squad
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
2024 Season Review
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
McNamara interview
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
French Elite 1 season 2024/2025 Thread
Jimmythecuck
TODAY
Butcher
TODAY
2025 membership/renewals
Chris71
TODAY
Hull FC ladies
Hessle Roade
TODAY
Kai
Cokey
TODAY
Travel to hull krdoes the club run coache
karetaker
TODAY
Wakefield v Dons - Sunday 29 September 2024
Wanderer
TODAY
The play-offs
Ckt2487
TODAY
This years play off series
matt_wire
TODAY
Leigh it is
NSW
TODAY
2024 Southstandercom Prediction Competition Play Off SF
Cokey
TODAY
Must do better
Wires71
TODAY
Warrington Wolves Break Saints Hearts With Golden Point Win
RLFANS News
NEWS ITEMS
VIEWS
Warrington Wolves Break Saints..
Leigh Leopards Make Play Off P..
Catalans Dragons Finish Sevent..
Hull KR Secure Second With Vic..
Wigan Seal League Leaders Trop..
Wakefield Trinity Sweep Aside ..
Catalans Keep Season Alive Wit..
Salford Ensure Play-Offs And S..
Ruthless Wigan Thrash the Rhin..
Huddersfield Giants Hold Off L..
Salford Close In On The Play O..
Leigh Leopards Up To Fourth Af..
Leeds Rhinos Into the Six Afte..
Wigan Warriors Defeat Hull KR ..
Wane Names Provisional Squad f..
POSTSONLINEREGISTRATIONSRECORD
19.63M 1,727 80,12914,103
LOGIN HERE
or REGISTER for more features!.

When you register you get access to the live match scores, live match chat and you can post in the discussions on the forums.
RLFANS Match Centre
 TOMORROW
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
20:00
Hull KR
v
Warrington
 Sat 5th Oct
     Mens Super League XXVIII-R29
17:30
Wigan
v
Leigh
 Sun 6th Oct
     National Rugby League 2024-R31
09:30
Melbourne
v
Penrith
       League One 2024-R26
15:00
Keighley
v
Hunslet
       Championship 2024-R29
Bradford
v
Featherstone
York
v
Widnes
     Womens Super League 2024-R16
16:30
York V
v
St.HelensW
 Sun 27th Oct
     Mens Internationals 2024-R2
14:30
England M
v
Samoa M
 Sat 2nd Nov
     Womens Internationals 2024-R2
12:00
ENGLAND W
v
WALES W
     Mens Internationals 2024-R3
England M
v
Samoa M
ALL SCORES PROVIDED BY RLFANS.COM (SETTINGS)
Matches on TV
Fri 4th Oct
SL
20:00
Hull KR-Warrington
Sat 5th Oct
SL
17:30
Wigan-Leigh
Sun 6th Oct
L1
Keighley-Hunslet
WSL2024
16:30
York V-St.HelensW
NRL
09:30
Melbourne-Penrith
Sun 27th Oct
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sat 2nd Nov
MINT2024
England M-Samoa M
Sun 29th Sep
L1 25 Rochdale26-46Hunslet
CH 28 Barrow24-26Widnes
CH 28 Bradford50-0Swinton
CH 28 Dewsbury28-8Sheffield
CH 28 Wakefield72-6Doncaster
CH 28 Whitehaven23-20Halifax
CH 28 York16-6Featherstone
Sat 28th Sep
CH 28 Toulouse64-16Batley
SL 28 Warrington23-22St.Helens
NRL 30 Penrith26-6Cronulla
Fri 27th Sep
SL 28 Salford6-14Leigh
NRL 30 Melbourne48-18Sydney
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Mens Betfred Super League XXVIII ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wigan 27 721 336 385 44
Warrington 28 761 341 420 42
Hull KR 27 719 327 392 42
Leigh 28 580 404 176 33
Salford 28 556 561 -5 32
St.Helens 28 618 411 207 30

Catalans 27 475 427 48 30
Leeds 27 530 488 42 28
Huddersfield 27 468 658 -190 20
Castleford 27 425 735 -310 15
Hull FC 27 328 894 -566 6
LondonB 27 317 916 -599 6
This is an inplay table and live positions can change.
Betfred Championship 2024 ROUND : 1
 PLDFADIFFPTS
Wakefield 26 1010 262 748 50
Toulouse 25 744 368 376 35
Bradford 26 678 387 291 34
York 27 655 469 186 30
Widnes 26 551 475 76 29
Featherstone 26 622 500 122 28

Sheffield 26 626 526 100 28
Doncaster 26 498 619 -121 25
Halifax 26 509 650 -141 22
Batley 26 422 591 -169 22