FORUMS FORUMS

RLFANS.COM
Celebrating
25 years service to
the Rugby League
Community!

FORUMS > Hull FC > I thought this would get locked but....
291 posts in 20 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
Subscribe | Moderators: Admin, Kosh , Roland_R , Karen
RankPostsTeam
International Board Member1319
JoinedServiceReputation
Feb 200322 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2018Oct 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
4401.gif
Keep your knees loose......... [img:2wnysbz3]http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/3192/keepthefaithjg9.png[/img:2wnysbz3]:4401.gif

Quote: Uncle Junior "I don't get this mentality that just because he's been appointed we have to 'give him a chance'. Besides the fact that he's already had a chance (and failed miserably) it would be far better to accept that it was a mistake to give him the job in the first place and cut him loose now, letting him carry on until next season will only do more damage.'"

You may find this strange, considering that is seems most people who post on here regularly agree with your point of view. But there's a hell of a lot who maybe aren't so vocal on here, think Richard Agar should be given a fair shot with his own men in place. Getting rid of the last 2 coaches pretty quickly didn't do a lot of good did it?

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner17898
JoinedServiceReputation
Oct 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Mar 2020Aug 2019LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
7384_1394882426.png
[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/14252202:io879g1y]2005 Challenge Cup[/url:io879g1y] To reconcile respect with practicality, what is the optimum speed for a hearse?:d7dc4b20b2c2dd7b76ac6eac29d5604e_7384.png

Quote: Tooms2000 "I for one know that we have to give Agar next season to prove his self with all the rumors and every thing else that goes on players not wanting / willing to play for him .I bet they are willing to take their wages at the end of the month .
With the players that are rumored to be coming and going we shoud have a very very different line up next year . I have watched Carvell and to be honest I think he made the right move in leaving Hull FC . You watch teams play and all the back slapping etc that goes on the team spirit, we do not have any of that . We need to get the TEAM back together again and playing for each other.I do not profess to know the answers because I don't but we have an army of fans out here that want to follow a team that is contesting week in and week out, not when they feel like it .I walked out last week before the final try but when watched back on boots and all we was not far away just a bit unlucky in the first 20 30 minutes then when F/all came off our team might as well of gone home because they lost all interest .'"

We did in the first 25 mins of the Huddersfield game....

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach591No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2011Jun 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46188.jpg
Hull FC Est.1865... Surviving without a Head Coach since 2008 Downtheante said: "Firstly: Why shouldn't I compare him (Agar) to Fergie (Sir Alex Ferguson)?":46188.jpg

Quote: airliebird58 "You may find this strange, considering that is seems most people who post on here regularly agree with your point of view. But there's a hell of a lot who maybe aren't so vocal on here, think Richard Agar should be given a fair shot with his own men in place. Getting rid of the last 2 coaches pretty quickly didn't do a lot of good did it?'"

Fair enough (apart from there being 'a hell of a lot' of people who want to keep Agar in charge), but to me a lot of the people who want to give Agar a chance are just doing it because they are kind hearted and don't want to see a nice guy like him fail. If he really deserves another chance answer me these questions:

A) Why isn't 1 1/2 seasons in charge enough of a chance?
B) What evidence have you seen during Agar's tenure to suggest he can turn us into a side that can seriously compete for honours?
C) Why does Tony Smith not need to have all 'his own' squad to make Warrington work a hell of a lot better than they were under Lowes?
D) Why are you willing to take chances with the future of our club to give Agar another chance?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach756No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

whatever coach we have,i still maintain we will not become a force again,until we get class and stability in the pivotal positions of half back and loose foreward and injuries do make a big difference.take fullback for instance, i count we have had at least 6 men playing there this season,whiting,horne,hall,tansey,thorman and tony.i dont know wether byrne played there as well earlier in the season.that cant help a team get continuity.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach591No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2011Jun 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46188.jpg
Hull FC Est.1865... Surviving without a Head Coach since 2008 Downtheante said: "Firstly: Why shouldn't I compare him (Agar) to Fergie (Sir Alex Ferguson)?":46188.jpg

Quote: ditchley16 "whatever coach we have,i still maintain we will not become a force again,until we get class and stability in the pivotal positions of half back and loose foreward and injuries do make a big difference.take fullback for instance, i count we have had at least 6 men playing there this season,whiting,horne,hall,tansey,thorman and tony.i dont know wether byrne played there as well earlier in the season.that cant help a team get continuity.'"

Correct, but a top-class coach is also a vital component. Rich Agar is so far from being top-class it's untrue.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach756No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

i suppose we all have differing opinions on agars ability as a coach,but seeing as though the board are sticking with him,i suppose we will know one way or another next season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach591No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2011Jun 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46188.jpg

Quote: ditchley16 "i suppose we all have differing opinions on agars ability as a coach,but seeing as though the board are sticking with him,i suppose we will know one way or another next season.'"

Yep but I'm really interested in what the Agar Apologists see in him, not trying to create an argument but maybe you could answer the questions I posted above, I'm genuinely interested in what you see in him.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach756No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

i see in him a man who hasnt been given enough time yet,with a team that whatever people say has been hammered with injuries,with a few players who are past it and with some players just not good enough.i havent made my mind up on agar yet,but coaching a team with no natural leaders,no flair at half back and no power and aggression in the front row aint going anywhere.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach591No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2011Jun 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46188.jpg

Quote: ditchley16 "i see in him a man who hasnt been given enough time yet,with a team that whatever people say has been hammered with injuries,with a few players who are past it and with some players just not good enough.i havent made my mind up on agar yet,but coaching a team with no natural leaders,no flair at half back and no power and aggression in the front row aint going anywhere.'"

In other words, you are unable to answer my questions.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach756No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

in other words,i dont blame agar for hulls bad season.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach591No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200915 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jun 2011Jun 2011LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530
46188.jpg

Quote: ditchley16 "in other words,i dont blame agar for hulls bad season.'"

icon_lol.gif I asked you to answer some questions, you can't do it! simples. I'm going to put those questions in a new thread tomorrow so we'l see if any of the other apologists can come up with some answers.

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach10670No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Aug 200519 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Apr 2013Mar 2013LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

Quote: Uncle Junior "Yes, but it's based on the evidence (which you can't deny suggests he will fail). Also you can't argue that it will be much easier to appoint a new coach in the off-season than part-way into the new season which will probably mean ending up with Jon Sharp incharge for the remainder of next season (and again, all the evidence suggests he's incapable of getting us anywhere near where we want to be). I just don't want to take chances with the future of our club, if there's a chance to get a proven winner in charge then we have to take it (IMO of course
I dont think he will.IMO of course icon_wink.gif

There isnt a chance of getting anyone else in now,like people have said on here if he fails and gets the chop then there will be a stack of people applying for the job.

RankPostsTeam
Club Owner3648No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Jul 200321 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2017Jun 2017LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

If you are not part of the solution then you are more likely part of the problem...:

Hmmm.

Over reaction on the Warrington thing to me. That squad on paper should be doing far better in the league.

Playing devils advocate could someone explain to me why England were so embarrassingly poor in last years world cup and who was to blame?

RankPostsTeam
Player Coach756No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Mar 200816 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Jul 2016Jul 2016LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

:

i dont need to answer questions about him.im saying he hasnt proved to be a good coach yet or a bad one.it helps if you have top players around you.some people cant except that hull like every club will have bad years.huddersfield are doing well now,they havent won a major trophy in 50 years.who knows what makes a good coach?.

RankPostsTeam
Moderator4040No
Team
Selected
JoinedServiceReputation
Apr 200420 years
OnlineLast PostLast Page
Nov 2023Jun 2023LINK
Milestone Posts
Milestone Years
0510 1520 2530

"Dream Big..Work Hard".................. Sarah Storey, Paralympic Legend.:

Quote: knocker norton "Hmmm.

Over reaction on the Warrington thing to me. That squad on paper should be doing far better in the league.

Playing devils advocate could someone explain to me why England were so embarrassingly poor in last years world cup and who was to blame?'"

Spot on mate. Also, didnt Tony Smith get Huddersfield relegated when he was at a similar stage of his coaching career as Agar is now?

291 posts in 20 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>
291 posts in 20 pages 
<<   PREV  NEXT   >>

All views expressed are those of the author and not necessarily those of the RLFANS.COM or its subsites.

Whilst every effort is made to ensure that news stories, articles and images are correct, we cannot be held responsible for errors. However, if you feel any material on this website is copyrighted or incorrect in any way please contact us using the link at the top of the page so we can remove it or negotiate copyright permission.

RLFANS.COM, the owners of this website, is not responsible for the content of its sub-sites or posts, please email the author of this sub-site or post if you feel you find an article offensive or of a choice nature that you disagree with.

Copyright 1999 - 2024 RLFANS.COM

You must be 18+ to gamble, for more information and for help with gambling issues see https://www.begambleaware.org/.

Please Support RLFANS.COM

6.0517578125:5
RLFANS Recent Posts
FORUM
LAST
POSTER
Staying or Not
Les Norton
12m
New Players
Deadcowboys1
23m